Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 11/24/2015

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release Notes for 11/24/2015

Frozen Lockbox is now live! New possible rewards include:
- A Permanent Sidekick (Windchill)
- 3 versions of the VTOL Hoverboard (Each rewardpack has the base power plus a skin).
- 3 auras (Aurora, Icestorm, Starlight)
- Ultimate Ice Power “Fractal Aegis”

New Zen Store Items:
- Therakiel’s Hoverboard Pack (1500 ZEN) – contains Hoverboard power plus 3 skins.
- Temporary Sidekick (200 ZEN) – Windchill (as permanent version, but lasts 1 hour of usage)

New Drifter/Questionite Store Items:
- Hoberboard Electric skin in the Drifter store.
- Hoverboard Light skin in the Questionite store.
- Both skins require the basic Hoverboard power to be unlocked by acquiring a VTOL pack from the lockbox or purchasing Therakiel's Hoverboard Pack from the Zen Store.

Additional Patchnotes
- Added a second hair option.
- Moved costume specific hairs Bird People, Horse, Krampus beard and Werewolf to a new selection menu. Players will have to reapply those specific hairs to their costumes if they enter the tailor.
- Gave Mental Storm and Mind Break unique icons.
- Added no-detail textures for Werewolf Monstrous 01, 02 and 03. Added leather and metal materials to the heads.
- Renamed the Weapons tab in the Tailor to "Weapons & Gear" since it now includes hoverboards.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So the obnoxious lockbox spam has moved to the sidekick rewards. If you're going to add more and more items to that how about imitating STO by giving us a way to turn those messages off?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

- 3 versions of the VTOL Hoverboard (Each rewardpack has the base power plus a skin).

New Zen Store Items:
    - Therakiel’s Hoverboard Pack (1500 ZEN) – contains Hoverboard power plus 3 skins.
    - Temporary Sidekick (200 ZEN) – Windchill (as permanent version, but lasts 1 hour of usage)

- Both skins require the basic Hoverboard power to be unlocked by acquiring a VTOL pack from the lockbox or purchasing Therakiel's Hoverboard Pack from the Zen Store.

Additional Patchnotes
    - Moved costume specific hairs Bird People, Horse, Krampus beard and Werewolf to a new selection menu. Players will have to reapply those specific hairs to their costumes if they enter the tailor.
    - Added no-detail textures for Werewolf Monstrous 01, 02 and 03. Added leather and metal materials to the heads.
    - Renamed the Weapons tab in the Tailor to "Weapons & Gear" since it now includes hoverboards.

Second Hair option! Woo!

Patch notes look good :smiley:
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    draogn said:

So the obnoxious lockbox spam has moved to the sidekick rewards. If you're going to add more and more items to that how about imitating STO by giving us a way to turn those messages off?

chat settings > system messages > off

done.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    mrkinistermrkinister Posts: 15 Arc User
    Awesome. So much patchy goodness, my heart just melts. =)
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

New Zen Store Items:

Additional Patchnotes

Another Power in a lockbox. My god, blue was right :(:o
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    notyuu said:

draogn said:

done.
    And thats for CO?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    notyuu said:

draogn said:

done.
    Blocks some messages other than lockbox shouts, such as various event messages and notification of changing regions.
  • Options
    originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    Loving the double hair option. Thanks :)
  • Options
    notyuu said:

draogn said:

done.
    Not done, now I can't see system messages regarding events, boss spawns, or when the servers going to be shut down.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Turning off server messages still allowed lockbox announcements before. Did that change?

Also, double mouth accessories would really be the bomb.
    Imagine if a bearded character could also have a piece of straw, or if we could simply construct the beard people really want on their toons.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    It's a travel power. You can buy it with Zen, like any other. Giving it away in a lockbox adds to the options, rather than detracting from them.

What makes me unhappy is that the lockbox is the only way I can acquire the new Permanent Sidekick. No purchase option exists - best I can do with Zen is yet another here-for-an-hour version, and if I want a Sidekick that only exists for one hour, I can get a Steelhead Soldier from the first chapter of Whiteout for free.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The Hover board travel power needs some attention. I'd like to suggestion that.

1: It's speed be increased slightly while in combat.
    2: when you move forward it cancels out the falling mechanic so you don't have to constantly mash spacebar to regain altitude.

It needs to feel like a different Travel power and not a reskinned iceslide. I can understand not having it maintain altitude because then it's just a reskinned hoverdisk. But it needs tweaking in the stats area is it's a bit more unique.

BUG: Blocking on the hovorboard uses the same animation as blocking in flight.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

It's a travel power. You can buy it with Zen, like any other. Giving it away in a lockbox adds to the options, rather than detracting from them.

What makes me unhappy is that the lockbox is the only way I can acquire the new Permanent Sidekick. No purchase option exists - best I can do with Zen is yet another here-for-an-hour version, and if I want a Sidekick that only exists for one hour, I can get a Steelhead Soldier from the first chapter of Whiteout for free.​​

The new, underwhelming, ice ultimate is also in the lockbox so he is correct.

For an ultimate it leaves a lot to be desired both in terms of visual effect and what it actually does.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    draogn said:

jonsills said:

Still in a lockbox. It can be a: Travel, Ult, hell, it could be a t2 power. Still in a lockbox, which means they like that method, and therefore, even if an Ult is really nice(the ice one looks meh, but still would have liked to weigh my options on my Fire/Ice DPS toon.) It will, most likely, end up in a lockbox. Also, I really don't care about the Travel Power.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    We have two powers now in a lock box, a new travel power and a new ultimate power. I don't like powers in lockboxes. We shouldn't have to gamble to get something that's a key component of a super hero game. I like many of the changes you've made to the game since taking over but this is not one of those changes I can support.

Having said that, I like a henchman that is unlimited. It's a move that should be done to all henchmen. The rarer the henchman the shorter the cool down time. Common drops for example, like say the viper or UNTIL soldier from Aftershock, could have an hour cool down and rare drops, like say the Mechanon event drops could have cool downs similar to the rare from this event. Just an idea.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Lockbox powers can be purchased from the AH or a traded with a friend. That's how I get them when I play STO. Let other people gamble for you. If you're patient the power (or sidekick) you want will appear in the AH for a reasonable price.

As far as in game notifications go. The game just isn't busy enough for them to be a nuisance. In a game like STO they can be really annoying. But in CO.. you barely even see them. Maybe one message, every what.. twenty minutes or so? It's not enough to really matter.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Two Hairstyles is the best part of this update

and the Starlight aura is the most dissapointing part for me onion-3.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    avianos said:

Two Hairstyles is the best part of this update

and the Starlight aura is the most dissapointing part for me onion-3.gif​​

Not for my new toon...Super Tossted Man!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Not for my new toon...Super Tossted Man!
    TOASTY
    [VIDEO]https://youtu.be/vGY8fyLrXMk[video]​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    Okay, the Light Hoverboard makes sense for 100k Questionite since its not a travel power so its worth half the other Travel Powers. But the Electric Hoverboard does NOT makes sense at all. The price of a vehicle and it doesn't give you the unlock? Please change this price. It is NOT worth that amount of Drifter Salvage compared to other items in the store.​​
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    Oh wow, LOVE the double hair option, now I can mix and match to create new hairstyles, awesome! :D
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Oh wow, LOVE the double hair option, now I can mix and match to create new hairstyles, awesome! :D
    Yep, combined the Messy Mohawk with the Long Shoulder Braid and Fire Head aura, and now Pyretta Blaze has a flaming rat-tail! :smile:​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    I combined the crowpeak with punk shaved and it looks pretty cool! I want to mix the spiky top with the short braid to have something close to sabin from ff6 :D
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

And put the combo on a beast head. It gets kind of crazy in there right now. :)
  • Options
    yeah, love that bestial heads can have hair now too!
    too bad they still don't have any facial animation though, they look like masks. :(
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

What makes me unhappy is that the lockbox is the only way I can acquire the new Permanent Sidekick. No purchase option exists - best I can do with Zen is yet another here-for-an-hour version, and if I want a Sidekick that only exists for one hour, I can get a Steelhead Soldier from the first chapter of Whiteout for free.

Jonsills, check your game mail.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options

Lockbox powers can be purchased from the AH or a traded with a friend. That's how I get them when I play STO. Let other people gamble for you. If you're patient the power (or sidekick) you want will appear in the AH for a reasonable price.

As far as in game notifications go. The game just isn't busy enough for them to be a nuisance. In a game like STO they can be really annoying. But in CO.. you barely even see them. Maybe one message, every what.. twenty minutes or so? It's not enough to really matter.​​

Like guy said, it shouldn't have to be gambled for, as it\s supposed to be a given really, in that powers are what COi s based around.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Windchill could use some fashion advices from Gravitar....
    Someone went and used everything in every category.
    Two words. Ugly.
    You see nubs looking like that. Knives and crap, when you don't even need knives....With matching hair to same 2 colors.
    Not really want her to hang around permanetly...​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    My hoverboard shows up as a hoverboard half covered in ice. Seriously. I'm assuming this is a bug? LOL

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @ladygadfly
    Bug: Hoverboard does not change to colors selected in tailor with costume change. Board must be dismounted and resummoned to effect change
    Bug: Raising Hoverboard Flight to Rank 2 causes the board to be encased in ice (model as per Ice Slide) Note: Board returns to normal at R3​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2015
    This permanent sidekick has, well, how to put it nicely...

her costume is a smidge less than beautiful. Like... 1 is a smidge less than 100.

Looks like someone was hitting randomize button in tailor.

Not something that needs to be kept around permanently for look.

I think it would be great to have permanent versions of old existing sidekicks. They do look much better than her and come in variety of themes.​​
    Post edited by meedacthunist on
  • Options
    glisarioglisario Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ever read the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"?

Well you guys gave a mouse a cookie.