Install Arc
Options

10/8/2015 Release Notes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
10/8/2015 Release Notes

Special Events
- Bonus Story XP Week begins at 10am.
- A 20% off sale on all Zen store costumes & auras begins at 9am.

Onslaught Fixes
- A modification slot has been added to Onslaught Secondary Gear. Only rank 1 through rank 5 mods may be slotted in these slots.
- Onslaught Villains are now immune to repel effects.
- Onslaught Villains can no longer be interrupted.
- Vehicle Containment Fields can no longer be used on Onslaught Villains.
- Toggled Forms no longer remove the "Defeated!" debuff.
- Becoming an Onslaught Villan now removes all travel devices as well as regular travel powers.
- Onslaught Villains no longer benefit from Sentinel Mastery.
- Gravitar's Gravity Wells have reduced intensity and should cause less nausea.

These player & moderator maintained bug threads are checked weekly by the development team:
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1199083/costume-bug-list
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes.
    But xmpp access still isn't fixed, could we please get an update on that?
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Thanks for the fixes.

We're aware of the issue and looking into it. Hopefully we'll have an update for you soon.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2015

10/8/2015 Release Notes

Onslaught Fixes
    - A modification slot has been added to Onslaught Secondary Gear. Only rank 1 through rank 5 mods may be slotted in these slots.
    - Onslaught Villains are now immune to repel effects.
    - Onslaught Villains can no longer be interrupted.
    - Gravitar's Gravity Wells have reduced intensity and should cause less nausea.

Now the fun can really start!

Very happy to see that the grind for Onslaught Gear is actually worth it now!
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    Hello! I bought an onslaught villain from the Auction House so I have it unlocked in the Onslaught villain store. I can buy onslaught tokens with questionite just fine, but when I try to buy onslaught tokens with guardian tokens, nothing happens. I have the required 1,000 guardian tokens needed and the button is not greyed out saying it is unavailable to me. It just isn't going through with the transaction.

Please help.
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    what has been done about the range of the turrets, from my understanding the OV's can still pick off freshly killed heroes from far away (gronds AoE & medusa's tk lance rain) & now that the turret damage has been nerfed?? They can easily stand there & camp the respawn points with no fear of death now, we either need to extend the range OR re-up the damage. Taking our ability to hurt them via repels, fields or gravity pulse isn't a fix, its only giving the OV players a reason to camp the respawn points & farm lowbies, can we either get more turrets around respawn points or maybe since we get a debuff after dieing from OV's give them a debuff for attacking freshly killed players or if those that have the debuff for dieing be untargetable until the debuff is gone?? The way this is going (as fun as it is/could be) it seems there is a constant nerf to players & improvement towards the OV's, some may see this as ok while some may not, I know you cant appease everyone but atleast balance it up more, maybe only allow 1 of each type of OV in a certain area. (fighting 5 grond while a medusa snipes respawns is getting more negativity than positive feedback, meaning many refusing to participate in the onslaught "event" due to these issues)... just something I thought id bring up
  • Options
    vladculvladcul Posts: 23 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Thanks for the fixes.

We're aware of the issue and looking into it. Hopefully we'll have an update for you soon.

It's Alive!!!!!!!!! (ie. - XMPP is up and running again!)​​
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Regarding OSV's and turrets...

I really think they should auto activate at 200ft.

Steal one of Grav's targeting bubbles from the rampage and apply it to turrets so OSV's can see when they are getting too close. (to reduce possible issues have the radar view only work/only viewable in OSV mode).

Removing repel from players was a great move, made everything less of an issue and there is less griefing by other players.

I would still also request that Defeated status makes you immune to OSV damage and conversely it stops you from attacking OSVs.

@jeeb51 Defeated status works properly now, so them attacking you doesn't net OSV's any tokens.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    vladcul said:

It's Alive!!!!!!!!! (ie. - XMPP is up and running again!)​​

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    amyjia said:

Hello! I bought an onslaught villain from the Auction House so I have it unlocked in the Onslaught villain store. I can buy onslaught tokens with questionite just fine, but when I try to buy onslaught tokens with guardian tokens, nothing happens. I have the required 1,000 guardian tokens needed and the button is not greyed out saying it is unavailable to me. It just isn't going through with the transaction.

Please help.

You can't buy tokens from the onslaught store unless you have an empty space in your first bag.
  • Options

amyjia said:

Please help.

You can't buy tokens from the onslaught store unless you have an empty space in your first bag.
    Well I have been able to buy onslaught tokens just fine with questionite. It is only when I try to buy with Guardian Tokens that I am having an issue.

• Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Woah this actually happened. Ridiculous single-stating and 6k maintains here I come!

Let's hope you don't end up now nerfing either this exact gear or just everyone in general because of this gear.
  • Options
    amyjia said:

amyjia said:

Please help.

Well I have been able to buy onslaught tokens just fine with questionite. It is only when I try to buy with Guardian Tokens that I am having an issue.

Tried it again and it is working now. Woo Success :D
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    So what are you going to do about spawn camping now that there is even less of a deterrent? Moving the vendor didn't help, the debuff doesn't stop it, OVs can still step into a low level players aoe to flag them. The recent changes have only made the fighting around Kodiak worse.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    if they are doing it near Kodiak, the car blocks line of sight for the turret. So the villains can stand at the intersection and let off the AOE.
    If you don't wan them fighting there. don't attack there. If they don't get any victims there, they will have to move.
    I notice the same people each time on the villains.
    Mind you, I've had a hero complain about me stopping at Kodiak to fight and continuing to the prison. Despite me telling him where I was going, he didn't come with me.

on the other hand, If you are at the prison outside the wall fighting and Grond winds up his area. Jump the wall and you take no damage.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Now my toon with 798 Con can get 831 Con.

Woohoo?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelk said:

if they are doing it near Kodiak, the car blocks line of sight for the turret. So the villains can stand at the intersection and let off the AOE.

If you don't wan them fighting there. don't attack there. If they don't get any victims there, they will have to move.

I notice the same people each time on the villains.

Mind you, I've had a hero complain about me stopping at Kodiak to fight and continuing to the prison. Despite me telling him where I was going, he didn't come with me.

on the other hand, If you are at the prison outside the wall fighting and Grond winds up his area. Jump the wall and you take no damage.​​

Except for the part where villains can step into someones aoe and flag that personfor this onslaught pvp.
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    well apparently after the "fix" the OV's are STILL able to use device travel powers (ie: dark speed) as well as dino devices, backups & legacy heal pots for a instant full health... can a dev plz look into this & truly fix these things, as some have stated & the conditions around KODIAK in Westside have only gotten worst not better, lowbies can hardly run missions or do anything with all the OV's camping the areas just to walk into a AoE & unknowingly flag lowbies for easy kill tokens... is this what onslaught was to be, lowbie farming?? It seems moving the contact didn't do anything cause they still run back to Kodiak & with his truck blocking the turrets LoS (Line of Sight) & the reduced turret damage, they can still easily farm the respawn point... I think the "best" solution would be to implement a OV debuff where recently killed targets aren't targetable until the defeated debuff is gone.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    would it be fun if the defeated flag also boosted damage against OVs while it was active? or would that cause much whining and gnashing of teeth?

I can only agree, that the placement of the turrets around kodiak is pitifully bad, the steps and truck essentially restrict one to about a 30 - 45 degree angle of attack, and the other has about a 90 degree facing the opposite way. if anything the turret behind the collection agent should be repositioned to the corner of the area in which kodiak stands, so it protects the entire junction. The other turret should be placed on the roof of the police station to prevent rooftop camping which is also prevelant.

As a final step, Kodiak's truck should be made intangible to turrets so it cannot be used to avoid line of sight while using AOEs​​
  • Options
    draogn said:

So what are you going to do about spawn camping now that there is even less of a deterrent? Moving the vendor didn't help, the debuff doesn't stop it, OVs can still step into a low level players aoe to flag them. The recent changes have only made the fighting around Kodiak worse.

It would be solved by making the turrets shoot anyone who has Fighting Supervillains and doesn't have Defeated. As long as there are legitimate targets hugging the turrets, there will be villains trying to take out those targets.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    jeeb51 said:

well apparently after the "fix" the OV's are STILL able to use device travel powers (ie: dark speed) as well as dino devices, backups & legacy heal pots for a instant full health... can a dev plz look into this & truly fix these things, as some have stated & the conditions around KODIAK in Westside have only gotten worst not better, lowbies can hardly run missions or do anything with all the OV's camping the areas just to walk into a AoE & unknowingly flag lowbies for easy kill tokens... is this what onslaught was to be, lowbie farming?? It seems moving the contact didn't do anything cause they still run back to Kodiak & with his truck blocking the turrets LoS (Line of Sight) & the reduced turret damage, they can still easily farm the respawn point... I think the "best" solution would be to implement a OV debuff where recently killed targets aren't targetable until the defeated debuff is gone.

A lowbie can simply switch to zone #2 or #3 and suddenly the OVs are gone.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Actually then it is worse, as some OV players who activated his device in a quiet zone and is short of targets will then follow you, as happened to me on my lowbie one evening, moved to zone 4 which had about 13 people in it at the time, happily killing purple gang and a medusa drops from a roof into the aoe and then kills me, and then stood waiting for me to respawn. But I just lay dead and let the buff run out.​​
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The OV device does not stay active if you switch zones.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    .. point missed or i didnt explain properly. When said follow i meant within the current zone not to another zone

The OV was already in the quiet zone hunting for anyone to attack obviously rather than simply taking out onslaught targets. He/She then saw me appear in the zone and waited till i was attacking and then jumped into my aoe then killed me. He/She then waited for me to respawn with the obvious intention of either repeating the action or just killing me for the hell of it.

Either way it is hardly a great first impression, sure the map looks busy for new players starting, however if they encounter this sort of behaviour a lot (and given our small population the proportion of practicioners of douchebaggery is fairly high within the OV users) it may be enough to put people off, and we are seriously lacking new blood as is.​​
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    jeeb51 wrote: »

the dinos are a pain,
    the insta heal is a bug

I can tell you from first hand experience, when playing Grond. I was down to 1/3 health and then it suddenly went to full. I have no devices active and it pissed off all of us.
    I have no idea what I was doing apart from attacking, it looks like a relative of the alert boss instaheal bug, we had with Psimon a year or so ago.​​

• Options

draogn said:

It would be solved by making the turrets shoot anyone who has Fighting Supervillains and doesn't have Defeated. As long as there are legitimate targets hugging the turrets, there will be villains trying to take out those targets.
    That wouldn't solve anything. That would only make things worse. Making the turrets actual deterrents would be a step in the right direction. There is no legitimate reason to constantly kill players who are recovering at the spawn point.

jeeb51 said:

You can't do that while in combat. When Villains are fighting around the spawn points, their aoes will pull any player recovering, who still has the battling supervillain debuff, in to combat with them.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    put a possible solution into the Bugs thread.

the devices one is actually quite simple to deal with .
    COPY THE CODE FROM THE VEHICLES.
    Vehicles turn off all other devices.​​

• Options
    chaelk wrote: »
    put a possible solution into the Bugs thread.

the devices one is actually quite simple to deal with .
    COPY THE CODE FROM THE VEHICLES.
    Vehicles turn off all other devices.

Actually doesnt I have seen vehicle users with Pheromones, although thinking about it that user might have had the old crafted Gear version of the current legacy device. So it's still abusable if oyu have the old gear versions​​
  • Options
    draogn said:

There is no legitimate reason to constantly kill players who are recovering at the spawn point.

There is plenty of legitimate reason to kill players who don't have the defeated buff and are recovering at spawn points.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    eiledon said:

would it be fun if the defeated flag also boosted damage against OVs while it was active? or would that cause much whining and gnashing of teeth?

I can only agree, that the placement of the turrets around kodiak is pitifully bad, the steps and truck essentially restrict one to about a 30 - 45 degree angle of attack, and the other has about a 90 degree facing the opposite way. if anything the turret behind the collection agent should be repositioned to the corner of the area in which kodiak stands, so it protects the entire junction. The other turret should be placed on the roof of the police station to prevent rooftop camping which is also prevelant.

As a final step, Kodiak's truck should be made intangible to turrets so it cannot be used to avoid line of sight while using AOEs​​

^QFT
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    eiledon said:

Nah, the chief of police should just tell Kodiak to park his truck in the garage with the other vehicles...

On the other hand, I've seen OVs use an area attack that would hit the turret and then immedately run out of range of the turret, avoiding any damage from the turret but still potentially killing a recovering hero.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Bug: Psedo-Pets devices (like Nightmare Generator, Teleiosaurus Pheromones e.t.c), Sidekicks and Back-Ups can still be used as Onslaught Villain (or be trigger before turning into one), please get rid of those damn Dinos, those things have already ruined the game

Bug: Genetic Exhaustion penalty Debuff DOESN'T EXIST, people can exploit dragging out the Device from the tray, denying Guardian Tokens, and then go buy and equip another one​
    kamokami wrote: »
    The OV device does not stay active if you switch zones.
    The Agent STATES this in the F.A.Q, Dear Miss. Super Villain-Teleiosaurus Tamer​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Dark speed might also count as old gear, since they changed it when they adjusted the levels, so those people still using it are probably using the old version.

Here's the problem
    onslaught%203a_zpsm1f9sjkv.png

villain in range and attacked and in clear view. Turret does nothing.

The turret has a very narrow triangular area directly in front of it, which a villain has to be in to be targeted. This Medusa is about twice the angle of the turrets active area to the side from the police station steps.​​

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    I vote that the Westside Respawn Turret be placed in the back of Kodiak's truck, similarly to a Technical. Have it risen up so that it covers the area around it, and for Turrets to be updated so that they instantly aggro to the nearest Onslaught Villain and have a explicit tell to Onslaught Villains that venture too close to them instead of "BANG BANG, You're dead!".

Ever play Borderlands 2? Some areas have giant tower turrets that determine the boundaries of the map and if you start to venture too far from it, they'll send you to respawn in an instant. They will warn you when you start to venture too far before doing this. I want our turrets to be like that, warning villains that wander nearby before removing them from existence should they continue to encroach.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

This issue was not completely resolved. Details at the top of the Onslaught Bugs thread.

- Becoming an Onslaught Villan now removes all travel devices as well as regular travel powers.

As far as I can tell, this fix is not working at all. The previously-offending travel powers and devices still remain active after an OV transformation.

@ladygadfly @crypticarkayne
  • Options

This issue was not completely resolved. Details at the top of the Onslaught Bugs thread.

As far as I can tell, this fix is not working at all. The previously-offending travel powers and devices still remain active after an OV transformation.

@ladygadfly @crypticarkayne
    Thanks for the reports CB. We'll look into them.
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Noted, thanks!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    So How about the HIDEOUT ROOMS?

Psi.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    cryneting said:

So How about the HIDEOUT ROOMS?

How about some shutty mouth?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods