Install Arc
Options

One Retcon per Account

2»

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    avianos said:

You two are arguing for the sake of arguing, it's a waste of time trying to discuss stuff with you​​

Pretty much.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Might have been fairer to give retcons to characters that have INT as a superstat, instead of just one for the entire account.

This is what needed to happen and they have done stuff like this in the past passive wise >_>

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Except for builds that relied on the higher cooldown to be effective. Your logic would suggest that we didn't need the retcons for the dodge nerf because it still dodges, just not as much.​​

I think the reason they didn't hand out retcons is because they wanted to give some of you folks some time to realize that your builds don't actually need to rely on those lower cooldowns to be "effective" (btw, yu did mean lower right? cause higher cooldowns would mean longer... ). At the very least, some time for you to realize that your definition of "effective" had become distorted by your reliance on those cooldown powers. At some point, some people seemed to begin to believe that "Invincible while spamming attack powers and melting everything in a few seconds" had become the new baseline of effectiveness, or if a tank "Invincible while spamming attack powers and keeping aggro on everything while melting everything in a few seconds + 1". These were simply unrealistic, and unnecessary. These are what's called "overpowered", not "effective". Considering that nearly every NPC in the game is currently underpowered, it's a bit of a stretch to claim that overpowered players are required to combat them.

Kagami, a glass cannon build, has Conviction as her primary heal - she still does stupidly high damage to things, and still doesn't die but once in a blue moon ( then again I don't just run into the middle of the mobs and stand still while spamming aoes ). My tank occasionally needs to block ( I have this love of aggroing the entire instance ) and yet she still keeps aggro on damn near everything on the screen, if not every last thing ( I'm not gonna fight another tank for aggro, lel ). These are simple realities of the game that some people seem to have forgotten.

Like sure, okay, you've been doing pest control using a Veritech Fighter for the past couple years and you've come under the impression that that is the standard for effectively getting rid of ants and termites. Some of us have still been using a tank of poison with a little squirty thing though, and you can still do that. They're getting rid of Veritech Fighters though because they cause way too much damage to the world at large when used to fight termites.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I had a really hard time deciding who'll get the Free Retcon. Because all of my alts have 5-8 plus a Free One.
    I hope Cryptic doesn't pull something like this again.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    1st World Problems - Oh noes, I will have to spend 30s longer fighting a virtual enemy.​​
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    similar to the vehicle nerfs, complaints
    lemurian invasion is so hard now, it takes twice as long.
    that's time not effort.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    Here Bluegrass, just for you the devs are gonna make a super fun mode where new gear only takes 1 minute to get and everything drops in a few hits. Isn't this fun?
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User

I had a really hard time deciding who'll get the Free Retcon. Because all of my alts have 5-8 plus a Free One.

I hope Cryptic doesn't pull something like this again.​​

Likely you were very careful when you put your builds together, I was as well, and I often used builds posted here and over at the NPW forums. Also, we gold users have access to the PTS to test our ideas out, but silvers don't have that option, and as unlikely as it seems, I've heard of silver players with more then one free form character slot.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

I hope Cryptic doesn't pull something like this again.

Likely you were very careful when you put your builds together, I was as well, and I often used builds posted here and over at the NPW forums. Also, we gold users have access to the PTS to test our ideas out, but silvers don't have that option, and as unlikely as it seems, I've heard of silver players with more then one free form character slot.

You may have missed his sarcasm :P​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yes, Spinnytop is silver and has several FF slots.
    on the using energy unlock instead of energy builder. Mine are usually like that once they get the energy unlock, which is one of the reasons I DON'T stack everything into my 3 SS's.
    Talents I use to fill the gaps and my utility gear is part of the energy build.
    OK it's not maxed out but I've never been worried about that.
    I'll leave the ruler comparing to others.
    you test yours, I just make them up as I go along and change things as I go. The only thing I have changed at 40 was an AT I wanted to add heals to.
    FF's stay as they are.

Finn,
    really, my retcon tokens are acct wide, you use one on one character, the total on others goes down.
    the ones which are per character are for previous stuffups.. mean changes

if you use one on the PTS you lose one on the main game.​​

• Options

You may have missed his sarcasm :P​​

I don't think so, most of my toons have tons of recons on them still, some even have free recons from the last major overall they did. For me recons are not an issue and I wouldn't care except that this is a president I'd rather not let stand. Besides, what's the point of the free recon check box over at the remove power power section of the powerhouse if not for something like this? If they're not willing to give out a recon for changing a popular super stat why would we expect them to give them out ever again?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Earned Retcons, ones from subbing are per characters, to every character in that account, old and new. I think it's 7.
    Lvl 40 retcons are per character.
    Free ones are per character, they used to hand those like candy, you only can have 1, per character.
    I retconned when they announced they we're giving these away, so the new didn't null the old.
    I retconned when free ones were forced ones. Kind of had to.
    Sometimes i didn't.
    I have never bought a Retcon.

I don't really pick Powers carefully or test them in PTS. I don't have a need to update their Powers when ever NFOTM(does that even happen nowadays??) is introduced. I have a serious case of altitis. I move Travel Powers to last powers while leveling, easier and cheaper to pick new ones when you feel like it. I have several characters that could use better performing powers. Maybe one day.
    if you use one on the PTS you lose one on the main game.

Well, that's stupid.
    You may have missed his sarcasm :P

No, i really had hard time of deciding. Had to go thru all of my 30..40+?? alts. And none of them really needed it.
    And yea....​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options

And time is the only thing you can never get back.

Tedium is bad.

"We don't have enough content! I'm done playing the game too fast!"
    "This content takes too long! I'm spending too much time playing the game!"

Pick one and stick with it.
  • Options
    chaelk said:

Yes, Spinnytop is silver and has several FF slots.

​​

This used to be the case. About a month ago I went LTS and converted all my lvl 40 ATs into FFs, so now I have a whole page of FFs! :smiley: And I didn't even spend any time thinking about how buying LTS effectively sunk all the money I had spent on those FF slots... nope... none at all...... :neutral:

I'm actually a bit disappointed with how I have no need to retcon any of them, even the cooldown-dependent ones. I guess it might be how I prop up my "newbie" builds with a proactive play style - I never needed to use my cooldown abilities the second they came off cooldown to begin with! Yay me! :smiley:"~peerfect chiiiiild, always aheeead of the paaack, never a tear to be sheeeeeed, always the best of the boys and girls, forever and ever and ever and ever and oooooooo, she's the CO Mary-Suuuuuuuuuuuuue!~"

PS - is there some sort of forum title I'm supposed to have with my LTS or something? I think I remember people talking about that at some point...
  • Options

One free retcon per account must be spiffy if your account has two characters. If it has 8+, not so much.

Try 50+

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

I'm actually a bit disappointed with how I have no need to retcon any of them, even the cooldown-dependent ones. I guess it might be how I prop up my "newbie" builds with a proactive play style - I never needed to use my cooldown abilities the second they came off cooldown to begin with! Yay me! :smiley:"~peerfect chiiiiild, always aheeead of the paaack, never a tear to be sheeeeeed, always the best of the boys and girls, forever and ever and ever and ever and oooooooo, she's the CO Mary-Suuuuuuuuuuuuue!~"

PS - is there some sort of forum title I'm supposed to have with my LTS or something? I think I remember people talking about that at some point...

I really only miss the cooldown in big fights, taking on mega destroids, soloing vikorin, or some of the rampages, but with the standard content I doubt cool down would be an issue. I seldom need my panic buttons.

And as for the forum titles, we lost those shortly after we were moved over to the "improved" forums and have yet to get them back.
  • Options
    nepht said:

One free retcon per account must be spiffy if your account has two characters. If it has 8+, not so much.

Try 50+

I got 75+

Now I await Chaelk to show us both up.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

Might have been fairer to give retcons to characters that have INT as a superstat, instead of just one for the entire account.

It might have been... but that also might have been nearly every character in tha game... Lets face it... nearly everyone has Int statted for MSA &/or Concentration if they didn't already have it statted for Cost & CD reduction... Int is like Con, just about everyone uses it because it's useful to every build.. about the only reason anyone has to not stat Int is if their powerset has a good natural EU that doesn't scale off Int and/or don't use a form that scales off Int... and even then they probably still statted Int anyway...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    nepht said:

Try 50+

Wow 50! It's a good thing you don't actually need to retcon any of them :smiley:
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Try 50+

Wow 50! It's a good thing you don't actually need to retcon any of them :smiley:
    I recon I need to to fix 20 of them U_U

YOUR Idea of a now borked build is different from the rest of us it seems.
  • Options
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Try 50+

I recon I need to to fix 20 of them U_U

YOUR Idea of a now borked build is different from the rest of us it seems.
    Yes. Yes it is.

I also don't use crutches to walk when I have two perfectly good legs. :smiley:
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    raighn said:

It might have been... but that also might have been nearly every character in tha game... Lets face it... nearly everyone has Int statted for MSA &/or Concentration if they didn't already have it statted for Cost & CD reduction... Int is like Con, just about everyone uses it because it's useful to every build.. about the only reason anyone has to not stat Int is if their powerset has a good natural EU that doesn't scale off Int and/or don't use a form that scales off Int... and even then they probably still statted Int anyway...

Urm, I've personally never stated INT for MSA. Either I'm playing a melee build using quick CD lunges / MA powers to fire off MSA, things like Sonic Device if I'm ranged, or I have a wide array of CD powers working hand in hand to kick off MSA while generally using CDR gear. Also I've always stated EGO for Concentration since ranged DPS.

I don't know about "nearly everyone", but it's really besides the point. Cooldown reduction is one of the main purposes of stating up INT, or even superstating it. I see having it as a superstat making a strong case for Cryptic that they should have considered giving free retcons for those toons.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Finn, I'll check that but I'm damn sure mine all have the same amount.
    nepht wrote: »

Try 50+

try 88 level 40's on my main acct and 28 40's on the second. Thankfully the silver acct has none so far.
    on the other hand, ones I need to adjust due to lowered Cooldown. ... zero

here's where we need tradeable tokens.​​