Comments

• Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Happy Birthday, CO!
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Happy 6 Champions. Let's hope for a positive forward development and resources to get this game revived.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    Happy birthday co! Lets hope for a small event these days.
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    CO is 6 now! Imma give it five bucks and tell it not to spend it all in one place.

... God, I feel old.
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Check back for some special Anniversary surprises this week!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    kemmicals said:

CO is 6 now! Imma give it five bucks and tell it not to spend it all in one place.

... God, I feel old.

Dammit, why don't we have a +1 button around here?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    hey, age is just a state of mind XD
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Isaac Asimov once said, "You're only as old as you feel, and I feel as skillfully as ever."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    *Party horn*

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Happy Anniversary! I remember what the game looked like in Alpha and Beta and all the excitement that brought! The forward momentum displayed so far is encouraging.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    I sent Massively a tip about this. I have to admit, it is a bit disheartening to see that a single dev post is the only official acknowledgement about this, so far. Yesterday there should have been an official announcement thread, and the Cryptic should have already reached out to the various gaming news sites to get some publicity for the game.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    Happy birthday, CO!
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Can't wait to see what you guys have planned for this month!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    Yeeeeeh, Happy Birthday Champions Online \o/ i wish you many more years of life and updates and... a cake, everybody loves cake XD
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter- Mark Twain.

and the onslaught stuff is supposed to release in september, so we know what we'll get.
    hmmm wonder if we can have the villains attack the cake.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    chaelk said:

Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter- Mark Twain.

and the onslaught stuff is supposed to release in september, so we know what we'll get.

What does Onslaught have to do with the anniversary?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    chaelk said:

No, but you'll get a perk and title for visiting it as one.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User

I sent Massively a tip about this. I have to admit, it is a bit disheartening to see that a single dev post is the only official acknowledgement about this, so far. Yesterday there should have been an official announcement thread, and the Cryptic should have already reached out to the various gaming news sites to get some publicity for the game.

This! So much this. Advertising is the very first thing you should do when you have a low-population game like Champs. The first and next.
  • Options
    that's a pretty sad article :/ can't really disagree with it though...
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    W00t! CoL is 6, fresh out of the Tutorial and ready to select its first Travel Power!
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 977 Arc User

cant wait!
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

What the f*** is your malfunction, Nagus? Now we have yet another s***show on a Massively post about this game.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

What the f*** is your malfunction, Nagus? Now we have yet another s***show on a Massively post about this game.
    Yah not ALL publicity is good publicity. The devs were probably waiting until they could get something up BEFORE contacting the media.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    darqaura2 wrote: »

http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/03/champions-online-turns-6-without-fanfare-or-events/

Yah not ALL publicity is good publicity. The devs were probably waiting until they could get something up BEFORE contacting the media.

I am going to be blunt about this; His continual attempt to be helpful lately, has been alerting of things in game that, honestly, are putting up bad articles and not helping the situation any. It may be good intentions, but as the old saying goes, the road to Hell is always paved with good intentions.

And considering that article is now incorrect, and the anniversary is live. Yea, Nagus, you might have good intentions, but please stop. You are just making things worse from an outside perspective.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    HAPPY BIRFDAY CHAMPIONS UNLINE !!! I have been babysitting you almost 6 years too.​​
  • Options
    OK, maybe it's time to stop tipping Massively, at least.

http://fyre.it/F1yflh.4

The way I read that, it sounds like they're having a bit of a tantrum because MMORPG.com got an exclusive on the Onslaught announcement instead of them.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Happy 6th Champions!

Thank for the free goodies Devs *keeps logging in characters* .. gotta catch 'em all!
    2 Whole days were worth the wait (OMG the horror of waiting till patch day! Inconceivable!)
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Since massively is apparently being spiteful for the article posted on mmorpg.com, giving them more ideas how to bash on CO is not a good idea.
    breetoplay moderator

Some context for you: Cryptic refused our last Champs "where is the content" interview request and suggested it would have more news down the road, which it then gave exclusively to a competitor instead. I no longer really expect useful answers when we email them.

As the article says, Cryptic has said we should be expecting "anniversary surprises" this week, and it's still this week. Join us in tapping our feet.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,100 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2015
    anni.jpg​​
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Nagus - might want to tip them off that the Anniversary is now live with free gifts for all - Serpent Armor Costume Set, Redeemed Villain Costume Set, Special Edition Wasp Hover Bike, Defender 2015 Action Figure and a costume change token. Not a bad haul really and good for those who may have missed the Costumes on ARC giveaway a year or so ago.

I agree with aiqa - seems like a lot of sour grapes and opinion in what they class as news.​​
  • Options

OK, maybe it's time to stop tipping Massively, at least.

http://fyre.it/F1yflh.4

The way I read that, it sounds like they're having a bit of a tantrum because MMORPG.com got an exclusive on the Onslaught announcement instead of them.

Yup. BUTTS HAVE BEEN HURT. So childish to let that influence the way they write articles about the game.

Time to start sending tips to a site that isn't run by a bunch of emotional highschool kids.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Yah, we usually push our main updates out on Thursdays, so that's why the event started then and not right on the start of the month. So... thanks, anyway?
  • Options

I haven't a clue why people even use massively anymore. Massively, for the longest time, was so far up Blizzard's back side that any other MMO they would never give a fair shake at. Never liked them then, still don't like them now.​​

To be fair, WoW news was severely restricted on AOL-Massively after Joystiq spun off WoW Insider as its own site, partially to address that game's natural tendency to suck up all the oxygen in the room. They re-added WoW coverage with the indie relaunch, and so far they hate Warlords of Draenor as much as anybody.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    Did you guys forget to post the obligatory song?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DINuAWoxy4Q
    Happy Anniversary Guys! :smiley:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    Holy cr*p. Barney's neck. That's gotta hurt.
  • Options
    kemmicals said:

Holy cr*p. Barney's neck. That's gotta hurt.

Nah. He's double jointed. And also animated. :#

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LcKz7w3sI
    CO's birthday video!​​
  • Options
    windupduckwindupduck Posts: 52 Arc User
    "Merry Christmas Champions!"

Wait.. no.. the other one..

"Merry Anniversary!"
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

CO's birthday video!​​

Now you've done it. I'm gettin' nostalgic for...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLr2CF_tQr0

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    Now I want to turn Defender's Crazy Face into a wallpaper. :)

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Happy anniversary!

/CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    zemmax said:

HAPPY BIRFDAY CHAMPIONS UNLINE !!! I have been babysitting you almost 6 years too.​​

How much have they been paying you?? :O Did they just leave you to care for their child all on your own?
  • Options
    Yeah we're not going to have the anniversary thread filled with bickering over a dumb article. Culled posts, keep it pleasant.​​
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Yeah we're not going to have the anniversary thread filled with bickering over a dumb article. Culled posts, keep it pleasant.​​

Alrighty then. Anyway, here is a new article, from MMORPG.com:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/335/view/news/read/36198/Champions-Online-Sixth-Anniversary-to-be-Celebrated-with-MonthLong-Party.html

I tipped them off as well.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

And the trolls win again. Which was my point.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    TWO new perks?

I got "Really Big Deal" . . . but don't know the other one.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 977 Arc User
    cake...
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day