test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PTS Update: FC.31.20150616.1

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150616.1:

This build is available on PTS now, 6/22/2015.

**6/24/2015 EDIT - The new Shaolin Emote has been enabled in the Gold Subscriber Store for players who want to check out July's Subscriber bonus.

LIVE Fixes (These will be in the build going live on Thursday).
- Reverted a file that we believe is the root cause of the inverted female tights issue.
- Fixed the floating Mayor in the tutorial.

A number of players have come forward asking us to revert this file to fix the inverted female tights when they first broke, but reverting a file to a previous version is not as easy as it sounds. It seems like the kind of thing that would be as easy as clicking the undo button, but the reality is much more complicated so we had to wait for the right opportunity to do it. Thankfully, that opportunity is now and we have high hopes that this will resolve all remaining inverted normals issues. (Please let us know if it does not).

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug Description
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

(Sidenote: Sticky is coming soon, as soon as I have my admin rights again :P).
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Fix looks good! I didn't do an exhaustive search, but all the combinations I tried had correct geometry & normals.

Also noticed a "Shaolin Ready Emote" on the debugger; guessing that's the gold bonus reward for next month? I certainly won't complain at getting a new emote, even one that's the same as an existing power animation.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yQYeD7W.gif
    Each month, Gold Subscribers will enjoy a new costume piece. These exclusive costume pieces are only available to subscribers...

Until now.

On July 1st, subscribers will not receive a new costume piece. Instead, they will receive a recycled animation taken from the power "Form of the Tempest".

Cryptic, if you are going to do this at all, this animation and all future animations taken from existing in-game assets should be unlocked for everyone automatically as standard quality-of-life improvements. It is downright depressing that it's come to this, recycled assets being used to replace the uniqely designed Gold subscriber costume pieces that we have come to look forward to each month.

But, why was this done?

Remember when those pieces were meticulously crafted? The Speedster Goggles were glorious -- they are one of the most elaborate and flexible individual pieces in the game. The Headphones and even the gender-neutral Glass Slippers were also really nice and welcomed pieces.

The amount of effort that went into those is not remotely comparable to this. This is literally a copy-paste job and says only one thing to subscribers: Take your $15 elsewhere.

Edit: If you are wondering why Form of the Tempest's animation ends abruptly, it's because the animation is reset too soon in-game. It's the same animation.
    Post edited by voyagersix on
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Okay, hiding emotes forever behind a temporary Gold reward whomps*. Players want more emotes in the game freely added or special ones in emote packs.

*Lord, these forums is making me resort to Recess curse words.
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Spike, Military 1 and Military 2 texture normals need to be inverted.
    Female zombie chest needs to be reverted to its old version.
    Female Urban Anime chest needs its normal inverted and its model changed to the tights/skin female chest model.
    Female Variable Robot chest needs its model changed to the Defender 2015 female model, that will fix the muscle normal being inverted on it.

Aside from that, looking good.

As for animations, stuff we can't access in game already would be preferred.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Don't forget floating Biselle in the tutorial! That's one of the first things new players see and you don't want their first impression to be that the game can't get something like that right.

Got to say that I've only ever used one of the gold subscriber rewards (headphones), but then again, I haven't used all the regular costume parts either, so how they handle this little benefit is no make or break issue for me.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh and lets not forget this by the way:

champions_online___missing_fatal_errors_copy_by_friezareturns00001-d8yfwj1.jpg

BUG: Fatal Error Part 1 and 2 are MISSING! From SOCRATES when you interact with her hologram.
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    One thing I did notice though a few of my Blue devices in inventory are showing countdown numbers, previously they did not show that before. Nice to have a notice of when the thing goes on cooldown before re-use.
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Oh and lets not forget this by the way:

BUG: Fatal Error Part 1 and 2 are MISSING! From SOCRATES when you interact with her hologram.
    Really hoping that this is indeed a temporary bug and not intentional. Part 1 is perhaps my most favorite mission in the game, asides Cazulon.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    How about we wait and see if the emote is even the gold reward before we start to complain? Jesus, one reply in and we are already getting off topic. Back to which, other than those posted above, I didn't see any more inverted pieces.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    bwdares wrote: »
    How about we wait and see if the emote is even the gold reward before we start to complain? Jesus, one reply in and we are already getting off topic. Back to which, other than those posted above, I didn't see any more inverted pieces.

On the ptr it is named July 2015- Shoalin ready emote, so it's a pretty safe bet that this animation is going to be the gold reward.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I can understand locking Costume pieces behind Subscription-Wall

But Locking EVEN Emotes? that's pretty BS
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Hi Folks,

The Shaolin Emote is indeed the July Subscriber bonus. We want to try giving out emotes instead of costume pieces for the subscriber bonuses for a number of reasons. A number of players have asked that we make more emotes available, so we're looking for places that we can add them. We also believe that emotes are more usable by more players than an individual costume piece that might not fit their character concept.

All that said, we haven't decided for certain that we will do this for all subscriber bonuses going forward, but we wanted to try something different and see how it was received. If it turns out that most players prefer costume pieces, we'll go back to costume pieces, but we suspect this change will be well-received by the majority of players and subscribers.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    Meanwhile...
    Issue_zpspdxpc7de.jpg
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    > @ladygadfly said:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > The Shaolin Emote is indeed the July Subscriber bonus. We want to try giving out emotes instead of costume pieces for the subscriber bonuses for a number of reasons. A number of players have asked that we make more emotes available, so we're looking for places that we can add them. We also believe that emotes are more usable by more players than an individual costume piece that might not fit their character concept.
    >
    > All that said, we haven't decided for certain that we will do this for all subscriber bonuses going forward, but we wanted to try something different and see how it was received. If it turns out that most players prefer costume pieces, we'll go back to costume pieces, but we suspect this change will be well-received by the majority of players and subscribers.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, a couple of things:

1: Please for the love of God, give us some stances. It has been nearly six years, and after literally thousands of requests we still don't have the arms folded, hands on hips, or zombie stances. That's like three months of stances that works with existing player models, contribute to to costume designs, and already exist in the game. Heck, I'd love to see a Shaolin stance.

2.) If you're going exclusively to emotes, do you have an animator to build them for you, or are you going to be scraping the user files for unused ones? I can tell you now, the latter one might not be well received. The point of gold rewards was to contribute something small to the game each month for those of us who support the game.

3.) Thank you for listening to the player base with the female body model.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    So, a couple of things:

1: Please for the love of God, give us some stances. It has been nearly six years, and after literally thousands of requests we still don't have the arms folded, hands on hips, or zombie stances. That's like three months of stances that works with existing player models, contribute to to costume designs, and already exist in the game. Heck, I'd love to see a Shaolin stance.

2.) If you're going exclusively to emotes, do you have an animator to build them for you, or are you going to be scraping the user files for unused ones? I can tell you now, the latter one might not be well received. The point of gold rewards was to contribute something small to the game each month for those of us who support the game.

3.) Thank you for listening to the player base with the female body model.

Number 1, so much. Need those darn stances! :)
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User

The point of the costume a month was to encourage players to continue to subscribe and get them to return at least once a month to claim their free thing. It obviously is not working, and it cost a lot of money/time to make new costume parts and hand them out, especially when the modeler's time is needed on other things.

This emote thing should be a basic stance and the old powers should get some extra aural flair.

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    LIVE Fixes (These will be in the build going live on Thursday).
    - Reverted a file that we believe is the root cause of the inverted female tights issue.
    - Fixed the floating Mayor in the tutorial.

Bug fixes... This pleases me. Let's do some more. :smiley:

Suggestion: Do you guys think you can unlock all costume pieces or rather put all of them in with the Debugger for testing purposes on the PTS? This would help us view how older costumes are affected by newer ones and vice versa. Not all of us have everything on there after all, and attempting to change a costume on the PTS with pieces we don't own there can be rather impeding as the tailor automatically removes them. For all we know, we could've caught many other bugs (Female Bird People Skirt Disappearance for example) long before the patches that brought them were put out.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [quote]
    > @thelastsonofzod said:
    > So, a couple of things:
    >
    > 1: Please for the love of God, give us some stances. It has been nearly six years, and after literally thousands of requests we still don't have the arms folded, hands on hips, or zombie stances. That's like three months of stances that works with existing player models, contribute to to costume designs, and already exist in the game. Heck, I'd love to see a Shaolin stance.
    >
    > 2.) If you're going exclusively to emotes, do you have an animator to build them for you, or are you going to be scraping the user files for unused ones? I can tell you now, the latter one might not be well received. The point of gold rewards was to contribute something small to the game each month for those of us who support the game.
    >
    > 3.) Thank you for listening to the player base with the female body model.
    [/quote]

Agreed on these sentiments.

If we're talking about files already ingame, there's a couple of stances we'd really appreaciate having (Titan - suitable for a very large/slow character, such as a robot, golem, or monster. And Floating - suitable for ghosts and psions that are too good for walking.)

With emotes, the inclusion of new ones, new animation or not, is highly appreciated, but I also have to pressure you that in the future you release them as purchasable emote packs instead of subscriber freebies - let the people who want to use such things in RP buy them, instead of just giving them for free to a subset of players that are gold.

And yes, thanks for getting that bug nailed! Just heed this stuff and we should be good.

[quote]
    > @kaizerin said:
    > [b]Spike, Military 1 and Military 2 texture normals need to be inverted.
    > Female zombie chest needs to be reverted to its old version.
    > Female Urban Anime chest needs its normal inverted and its model changed to the tights/skin female chest model.
    > Female Variable Robot chest needs its model changed to the Defender 2015 female model, that will fix the muscle normal being inverted on it.
    > [/b]
    > Aside from that, looking good.
    [/quote]

EDIT: OK THANKS FOR BREAKING ALL BBCODE YOU STUPID FORUM.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Meanwhile...
    Issue_zpspdxpc7de.jpg

yes, nice to see subscribers and lifetime members don't get a free character slot.
  • Options
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Meanwhile...
    Issue_zpspdxpc7de.jpg

yes, nice to see subscribers and lifetime members don't get a free character slot.

We have investigated this bug and haven't been able to reproduce it internally. It does not appear to be related to being a gold or lifetime subscriber. If you have details about that bug, please contribute to this thread: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190790/cannot-claim-promo-character-slot#latest
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    As I have not jumped in game to test...I am assuming that the emote runs it's course and your toon goes back to normal. Make it a loop...as in you stay in that stance until you move.

1st.) Emotes are fine but should be unlockable for everyone or put them in zstore.

2nd.) 5 years this game has been around...And we have the same stances and same moods. Why not make this a stance? this could still be a Gold Reward. Emote as a gold reward, isn't worth subbing.

3rd.) Kaizerin said it already but...Put stuff that is in the game in the Gold Sub Reward. This just makes too much sense to me. Items that currently exist...don't cost any money to make. No man hours...and charge money for them. Sounds like a no brainer.

4th.) I have to be honest. I don't desire to play this game anymore. I have put so much money and time in here and the quality is not there anymore. I could go on some long rant like people before about how unhappy I am with this game but who really cares what I have to say. But I will just say this: Ask yourself Cryptic....How do you keep old player? How do you get new player?
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Personally, I don't agree with the hate for having an emote instead of a costume piece as the reward. They feel about equal worth in my mind. Are we hating this idea because once the month is gone that emote is then locked? Then by that logic, we should hate the whole gold sub reward concept in it's entirety, as we have costume pieces that cannot are locked away now (excepting lifetime subs). So... really, I just don't see the issue.

That said, I would most definitely want to see another emote pack hit the C-store. I paid for the dancing emote pack and have been hoping to see another sometime.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It sounds like the Gold Subscriber costume pieces weren't drawing in sales, but... they can't bring themselves to end the program entirely, so they are replacing it with something that doesn't require a lot of man hours each month. After all, there's a plethora of existing animation assets to mine that will sustain the program for many, many months to come -- things they don't even have to create.

I wish it wasn't this obvious. I wish it wasn't this way. I want to see new animations. More than that, I want to see new stances like others in this thread have voiced. I want to see new female stances. I want to see new walk animations. I want to see a stance and walk for heavier/brutish male and female characters.

Most of all, I would prefer the Gold Subscriber reward program end rather than have it replaced with something this hollow.

Put the emotes on the C-store. If costume pieces won't make people subscribe, emotes certainly won't. They aren't enough of a draw to inevitably lock them behind a Lifetime Subscription as each month is phased out.
  • Options
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Meanwhile...
    Issue_zpspdxpc7de.jpg

We have investigated this bug and haven't been able to reproduce it internally. It does not appear to be related to being a gold or lifetime subscriber. If you have details about that bug, please contribute to this thread: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190790/cannot-claim-promo-character-slot#latest

I suspect it has something to do with whatever limit is in place for buying additional character slots. I was able to claim this slot on a newer free account, yet on my main account which has been sitting at the max purchasable character slots
    I could not claim the free slot.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We Requested many times to be able to have more Emotes ingame, the first and the only Emote

Now making Emotes Subscibers-only feature it's really Pathetic, even more pathetic from the fact that the particular Emote is ALREADY ingame and it's not something new, all the characters with Form of the Tempest can use it!
    The so called "Gift" seems Rushed and something thrown in the last minute because nobody designed a new costume piece for this month :/

THIS is why this idea gets Hate

The Costume parts per month was appealing for Subscription, but Emotes?
    This is a horrible idea, please stick back with the Monthly Costume parts and put the Emote(s) to Z store instead where it desrve to be for everyone to be able to buy it
    Making Emotes for Z store is MORE profitable than making them exlusive for GOLD members and everyone can have access to them

Oh who am I kidding, it's not like our Feedbacks are useful for this game anyway, they will get ignored as usual >_>
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    kallethen wrote: »
    Personally, I don't agree with the hate for having an emote instead of a costume piece as the reward. They feel about equal worth in my mind. Are we hating this idea because once the month is gone that emote is then locked? Then by that logic, we should hate the whole gold sub reward concept in it's entirety, as we have costume pieces that cannot are locked away now (excepting lifetime subs). So... really, I just don't see the issue.

That said, I would most definitely want to see another emote pack hit the C-store. I paid for the dancing emote pack and have been hoping to see another sometime.

The issue is that they re-used animations already ingame instead of making a new emote, thus not only not putting any effort into their "appreciation" gift for gold subscribers, but also giving them a gift that everyone with that certain power already has.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Giving emotes as Gold Subscriber Bonus is an awful idea. I was enjoying the little costume parts from this scheme. If you are gonna offer more emotes put them in an emote pack and sell it in the C Store.....iI believe the last pack sold well. Also, if you are gonna offer us more emotes try to give us ones we don't already have (like the ones we consistently ask for) instead of ones that already come with a couple of martial arts forms.

Oh and here's the original advertisement for these rewards from ARC............

"Starting June 1st, we’re offering subscribing players exclusive costume pieces! Each month, enjoy a new piece -- each exclusive piece will rotate out at the end of the month, so make sure you're subscribed. You don't want to miss out on this bonus!"

.......maybe you guys could stick to what you promised, i.e. "costume pieces".
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    IMO, the issue here isn't that they "re-used animations already ingame instead of making a new emote" it's that they "Used something players can get from another power INSTEAD of re-using animations already ingame that players cannot access(Gold Rewards/Earnable Ingame/Events/Z-Store/Recog Vendors/Whatever)."

Soooo....could we please have access to some of the already completed emotes that have been sitting in the game, either used by NPCs or never used, please? I know a certain game got our Juggle Emote as an earnable event reward for their 1st anniversary....and we didn't. I know if you interact with an object you gain access to multiple emote/stances so long as you keep the dialogue window open. I know you would make a certain Thundrax literally go, "squee," if we could get out grubby lil mits on these kinds of things. o:)

IMO there are many many many things in the game which have not been used, just sitting there, which I believe(not a dev) would require little to no work(or at least less work than making stuff from scratch) and improve multiple aspects of the game. Perhaps this could be the 1st step in tapping into the potential of "Pretty Much Completed Junk That's Easy on The Dev Team Workload"?

Clarification: It is my opinion the Juggle Emote should be provided for FREE to all players as part of the anniversary because trying to monetize this one, and just this one, in any way after the previously mentioned events happened could rub some people the wrong way(I know I would be one of those people).

2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    You want to reduce dev overhead on gold bonus? As a business that makes sense but how you do it is going to have a big impact on how the playerbase view the move back to Los Gatos (especially following the farrago that was/is Variable Robot).

Emotes: Personally I think emotes should be sold as packs in C-Store and each pack should contain 5 or more emotes and for a nominal fee (i.e less than 1 month stipend cost). As stated above there are plenty of in-game assets that are not available to players. If there are one-off emotes that do not fit into a theme, then keep them aside and form an emote 'variety' pack series.

Costumes: There are still lots of costume pieces (both from removed power replacer skins and from NPC characters) which could be added as Gold Bonus items and would likely be more attractive to people in terms of subscribing for those benefits. Some that immediately spring to mind -

camera neck accessory (as seen in Nemesis museum mission), foxbat robot heads - camera etc.

Knight Full Face Helmet - as seen on AF such as Black Knight, also on various paranormal constructs from summon powers
    220?cb=20100413063328

Dr Destroyer helmet
    latest?cb=20100407020040

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I'm not against them reusing old costume parts as part of the gold subscription program, and I suppose I'm not even super against them adding unused emotes to the program, I think my biggest problem with this choice is that most characters that I have that might use this new emote have a good possibility of already having access to it because of their power selection. The way I look at it this particular emote doesn't have much value in RP situations, it's not an emote that's going to be used by all characters, and the number of characters that will use it, but don't have it in their power selection, is going to be pretty slim.

I'd much rather you sell emote packs so silver and gold players (who haven't subscribed at the time these emotes would be in the gold vender) have the same access to them that the lifetime subscribers do.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    A number of players have asked that we make more emotes available, so we're looking for places that we can add them.

Stances Stances Stances, we want to stand different, not just emote different.
    Yes we want emotes, but being able to just be (hero) ourselves in a decent default pose would work wonders.
    What do you see now in the game when you hit Ren Cen? 10 people loitering with same three or four poses .
    wy5EXmn.png

What if it were eight different stances, wouldn't they look heroic or amusing even while idle?
    Just like flipping through a comic book covers full of still images, that look cool because they are not the same exact stance every cover.
    We also believe that emotes are more usable by more players than an individual costume piece that might not fit their character concept.
    You got that right, if people know about them and they are accessible to players, after three months nobody is going to know this new emote came from subscribing and if they subscribe at that point when find out about it, they will have the emote locked out from their account unless they fork over $300.
    All that said, we haven't decided for certain that we will do this for all subscriber bonuses going forward, but we wanted to try something different and see how it was received. If it turns out that most players prefer costume pieces, we'll go back to costume pieces, but we suspect this change will be well-received by the majority of players and subscribers.

Don't suspect, don't guess.
    We now have a poll system in the forums, formulate a poll and run it for a month (so people can tell players to get their butts in to the ugly new forums to vote), then move on how that voting and discussion rolls over, and if it tastes sour later you can point back to the poll.

Personally I could use a team teleport every month, unlocking an aura slot sounds nice but that's one slot out of 30+ characters and won't get much mileage. One slot per character unlocked month would be hot. Auras take this game to another visual level and more often than not I meet noobs who never met the aura vendor, it's a shame.

Giving subs and lifers something they can turn around and sell in the Auction House for good G might be nice. I'm pretty sure the free costume didn't work that way but if it did, you could have at least check the auction house action to see how popular/unpopular a given freebie is by how it sells or sticks to accounts instead of just relying on forum venom.

How many accounts since Gravitar showed up have a skull bra (Vest Skulls)?
    I ran 27 characters from level 34 to 40 in Vibora Bay and only saw one drop, most people play nothing but Alerts, they'll never see it drop, ever and thus their chests will go skullless and they will never truly live a full life.
    Skull bra would be a nice freebie of the month, without being bound to account for those of us who already spent mega G or button mashed hundreds of things to acquire one.

This emote should be fun, but it should totally be a stance. I guess the default walk from that pose would be crazy weird, like praying mantis?

Post edited by nextnametaken on
  • Options
    What I think would be kind of nice and I think it could add some more value for golds/lts to get a free retcon every once in a while, beyond the vet rewards which stop at 1000 days. (Make it so the free token doesn't stake so players can't accumulate them)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ABOUT THE PROMO CHARACTER SLOT BUG
    Make the C Store available on the PTS, purchase dozens of character slots until you cannot anymore. If you cannot do this than go on live and make the purchases there. It will stop you from making further character slot purchases. This is a limitation that was set on accounts for all character slot type purchases. It effects all free slots.

ABOUT EMOTES
    If you MUST make it so that emotes must be purchased in some way to make players come back to the game to unlock, put them in the store permanently OR make them questionite unlocks.

Putting ANYTHING in the Gold bonus vendor that can be used by all characters but hidden behind lifetime is really bad.

You want to see a trend of Emote pack purchases, put more than just one pack and add more regularly. And not for that price.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    I'm a little surprised at the response to them trying something new...especially when it's just an emote.

It has been stated that this is a test run of sorts. Whilst yes, we were initially told that we would be getting costume pieces, I for one think this is a nice change, I don't expect it to be an on going thing mind you, but there has been significant demand for new emotes and this is just one way to get ONE of them.

I'm not sure how hard it is to generate new emotes but I'll be honest, I think the introduction of new emotes should be much like they were before, tied behind C Store purchases but if the idea is to see if players like it...I reckon most will.

But going forward I would have to agree that emotes be more C-Store linked than anything else.

I also agree with crosschan's post about the juggling emote being free this anniversary as well as making more emotes we see on NPC's be able to be used by players.

That would be a future item/set of items I'd like to see in C-Store.

All this being said...as this is an emote...perhaps at a later date (post July), lock this emote behind the completion of a series of related missions, so that everyone can access it? The mission chain would be perhaps very similar if not the same to the ones that initially led up to Hi Pan's custom alert? I don't know if that would be a doable thing, but if that can't work...selling it for 125 Z, much like what was done with another singular emote could work.

ALTERNATIVELY.

July's subscriber reward could be FOUR Cosmic Keys of Power, as a one off (wouldn't happen next July) and the new Shaolin Ready Emote is sold in the C-Store for 125 Z.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    BUG: Voice overs overlap
    At the very start of the tutorial
    Player spawns, they walk forward Instructions about interacting with NPCs pops up with voice over, they hit the F key and Headmistress Rowan starts talking while the instructions about interacting are still on the screen and being voiced over.

I'm sure the assumption is that people will stop to read a full panel before moving forward.

BUG: Voice overs overlap
    Tutorial
    If you play the tutorial solo you'll probably get enough kills to level up while doing Mayor's Mementos, if other people are playing the map they may have killed many of the Qularr that would be in your way on your own. So what generally happens is people turn in Mayor's Mementos and they level up and the voice over about leveling up and visiting the powerhouse overlaps the Mayor's jib jab jive.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    So what generally happens is people turn in Mayor's Mementos and they level up and the voice over about leveling up and visiting the powerhouse overlaps the Mayor's jib jab jive.
    Yeah, but who listens to politicians anyway, right? ;)

As for the July Gold Reward, while yes it is just a reuse of an animation from a power, it doesn't have all the flashy things that don't necessarily go along with the power (the Arachnid, while a martial artist, is not an anime character, and doesn't have kanji appearing in the air around him while he prepares to fight). So as a one-time thing, sure, I can go along with this. However, I would prefer the silly little costume pieces, even the ones I'll never use (the Grad Cap, for instance, or the Liberty Crown). Barring that, some stances would be nice, although I'd prefer they be available in the C-Store - maybe make the Gold Reward for one month be a token to purchase the Stance Pack for free? (Yes, Stance Pack - maybe you could squeeze 50Z out of someone for Arms Folded or Floating, but maybe not, while a Pack could probably go for 450Z or so without an issue.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, but who listens to politicians anyway, right? ;)

Nobody listens to politicians of course, but his blabbering* is in the way of the sexy computer voice, and everyone loves a sexy computer voice.

*No offense meant to the voice actor, he does the part very well.
This discussion has been closed.