What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Red Alert Special Events!

Comments

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

Kobali ground does reward marks, but they are pitifully small, I believe 7 for each of those final 2 missions.
    It's basically the same as with current RAs. What the BZ itself gives is just a token, but it does trigger the daily bonus.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Red Alerts are becoming special weekend events or how to impose random TFOs.
    I think it's still a catastrophic idea of Al Riviera, he does not respect the players and STO community.
    For regular marks, players want fast missions and have the choice to choose.

Someone remembers the last upgrade weekend ? Early June, it's a long time, is not it.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    [*] Iconian Marks are doable, but running Gateway to Gre'thor can get a bit dull.
    [/list]
    Don't forget you can get Iconian marks from some mission on Kobali Prime.

And Brotherhood of the Sword. I think the STO Starship Troopers STF as well. The Hive stf.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

I think the STO Starship Troopers STF as well. The Hive stf.

That gives Delta.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    As long as there is at least one (former) red alert active at all times, I'm okay with this. Otherwise, yeah, you just murdered mortally wounded some reps and the ability to progress them.

Competitive especially will be extremely problematic since it seems no one queues for them anymore and they will not be covered under the new random queue system you're putting in. Everything else I can just queue up normally and pick up victims other players who decided to take a chance with the random junk.

Heads up on this: While Competitive Queues aren't part of the Random system. However, they are part of the rewards for playing Random TFOs. So you can get them, and Gamma marks, that way.

• Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Bad change, I think, very disappointed again. :'(
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up @ambassadorkael#6946 .

Also... can you talk to the Bug Team about Gon'cra? Getting that Battlezone actually fully functional might help put out a few fires caused by the Red Alert changes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kalex71kalex71 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I guess I won't be doing RA anymore. I rarely get to play on weekends because I am working on those days and only get any real play time during the week. Not everyone has the "standard" work week schedule.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    So, yet again, Cryptic takes popular content run daily by many players and makes it a limited Weekend Event going forward.

can somebody tell Al Rivera to get it through his head that gating/removing popular player content does not entice players to play other content that is poorly designed in the first place; it just makes them want to stop playing this MMO altogether because lead Devs like him continue to make utterly stupid decisions.

^this... so much this... My play time is already drastically down because I dont have anything new or interesting to do. What little I do generally play lately is borg/tholian RA and maybe an argala run...

Bravo gecko, you just managed to make me question if I'll bother playing sto at all. And guaranteed I play less. I know several fleet mates that feel the same. Im sure this will work out great for you. /sarcasm
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I strongly dislike this change.

I play Red Alerts a LOT because they're easy to get into, and last only a few minutes. I can play one over my lunch break, or when I just want to blow off steam for a few minutes. This change likely means I won't play STO at all on weekdays anymore, I'll just cycle my fleet missions and log out.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    OK, folks, can we manage to leave our feedback, even negative feedback, without insulting or attacking anyone?
    Please? Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    So much for ever getting reputations on my alts. There seems a real push to make queues less attractive, especially with the Tzenkethi battlezone such a mess.

Or grinding up new ships in a more social setting.... This may seriously affect what I spend on the game, honestly.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    An additional thought: since I use RAs as my primary means of leveling up ships to unlock traits, this change directly affects how quickly I can do so. Thus I'll be buying fewer new ships from the store.

(I don't particularly like whipping out an economic argument, but this is the truth.)
  • Options
    Also... can you talk to the Bug Team about Gon'cra? Getting that Battlezone actually fully functional might help put out a few fires caused by the Red Alert changes.
    Pretty sure Cryptic has said its WAI.

Last I saw... it was literally impossible to trigger the dreadnaught phase because the Tzenkethi recap zones way too fast. Hell... last time I actually tried, they recapped the King of the Hill zone I was in... WHILE WE WERE WORKING IT!

If that's changed I'd be happy.
  • Options
    malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    As long as there is at least one (former) red alert active at all times, I'm okay with this. Otherwise, yeah, you just murdered mortally wounded some reps and the ability to progress them.

Competitive especially will be extremely problematic since it seems no one queues for them anymore and they will not be covered under the new random queue system you're putting in. Everything else I can just queue up normally and pick up victims other players who decided to take a chance with the random junk.

Heads up on this: While Competitive Queues aren't part of the Random system. However, they are part of the rewards for playing Random TFOs. So you can get them, and Gamma marks, that way.

Or in other words, you want to force us to play your new inferior system... Got it.

Thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Cryptic has said its WAI.

Last I saw... it was literally impossible to trigger the dreadnaught phase because the Tzenkethi recap zones way too fast. Hell... last time I actually tried, they recapped the King of the Hill zone I was in... WHILE WE WERE WORKING IT!

If that's changed I'd be happy.

Saw this happen months ago and it's still happening? (Can see how often I go to the zone)

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I don't know if its STILL happening.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243936/tzenkethi-battlezone
    HOLY TRIBBLE! THANK YOU!
  • Options
    I don't know if its STILL happening.

Yeah, and the new UI seems to remove the ability to see queue population, so forget seeing if Gravity Kills might come up.

• Options
    nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'm glad my last Jem'Hadar is on the final 5000 point on all reps, except Gamma.
    Sad to see them go way from everyday grind. Marks aside, i think RA Borg and Tholians are fun instances.
    Keep them! Boost everything else that is not Latest season with Choice of marks except the latest of course.
    Boost every space & ground battlezone. My gosh, i'd love to run Dyson ground BZ for whatever marks i need (except the latest). Ooh, and the good old Fleet defense with 20 players!
    The new system "TFO" or what was it? Doing random randoms does not entice me much.

I'll play Age of Discovery, then we'll see if the game can keep me here.
  • Options
    asadir#3274 asadir Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Looks like a large portion of you don't exactly understand what Cryptic just did.

They took the quickest and easiest events off the table and placed it in a random unknown timetable.

These red alerts we're by far the most popular ones because they were the only ones that took very little to no time to pop but also very little time to complete them.

Now, anyone that was using this method to grind for marks will no longer have easy access to Mark's anymore.

Now to replace this easy grind for marks, players now have to queue for events that take far longer to complete and most likely a lot longer for the queue to pop.

The sad part is, I was using this method to grind for marks and basically was the only reason I logged into the game.
    Now I guess I will only be logging in if I happen to come across this event when it pops.

Since I'm not the type of person to constantly check the website I guess this is going to be the end for this game for me.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, however if too much time passes I will most likely not want to play catch up to keep my characters up-to-date.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...more reason to not bother logging in.

Pretty much.. yeah.

I liked Red Alerts as a way to break up the monotony of the daily Admiralty slog. It was fast and easy.. I could get in some quick 'pew pew' during the week when I didn't have a lot of time to play. I would have even preferred they left the Red Alerts and just limited the Mark Selection so that I could at least still play them. Have the Borg Alert give Omega Marks or Fleet Marks (like it used to) have the Undine like it used to be (Fleet, Undine, Nukara) TZ Alert could give TZ marks as well as Lukari or something.

Anything is better then just removing them, it just gives me less to do on a daily basis.

(Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

I think the STO Starship Troopers STF as well. The Hive stf.

That gives Delta.

For the elite marks, yes. But it gives normal Iconian marks too.
This discussion has been closed.