test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Random Task Force Operations!

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    You are tending to queued PvE, that’s great.

As somebody who playes teamed PvE exclusively I like the idea of the random lineup to funnel players so it’s a good idea and a step in the right direction.

I enjoy this game with my friends and fleet mates and 8 out of 10 games I do is via partial team-up (1-3 players) and then line up for a map.

Problems here are:

- New random que has no ground/space filter. That cuts the pool of players I have in FL/fleet willing to go for it roughly in half. (50% left)

- still no news about joint kdf/fed team-ups for PvE queue. That’s bad and will see to it that another half willing to go for the system has to stay behind each day. (25% left)

- Additional rewards are cool but could even be better. Unfortunately that does not address the main issue that we have major discrepancies between rewards on different maps. Since most players I know are forced to include economic aspects in your grind intense game I can see 10% of the players I know willing to give it a try. For the rest it’s simply too risky to end up in 15 minute close to zero reward scenarios.

- No elite mode? That’s too bad cuz half of the remaining 10% only play for challenges and don’t have them in advanced so we are down to 5%

- Sadly lots of the non-shooting activities tend to be annoying in PvE. Most annoying factor here feels the interaction disruption when firing or being fired upon. That’s really a downer. Get rid of it and PvE will be more fun allowing me to convince the remaining 5% that we could do something new besides ISA.

As things are now I’ll end up playing by myself again. Please Bort, use this opportunity to clean the house a bit more thorough. Anything else won’t do any good in the long run.

Hate to always just agree with you.. but I agree with you on all points.

You and I will be doing a lot of 2 man runs going forward I guess. :smiley:

We will manage whatever happens. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So much baseless fear mongering. "The randos will KILL OUR GAME FOR GOOD OH NOEZ!F". Just wait and see, I don't know why a "rando" is that much different from someone clicking the only queue with players in it. PUGs were evil incarnate the whole time, now it's RTFOs appearantly.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    My thoughts so far are:
    1. Using a random system to help complete queue requirements quicker is a great idea.

2. Not being able to specify Normal/Advanced or Ground/Space is a terrible idea.
    - Not every player is geared for Advanced, regardless of level.
    - As long as Active Space Traits share slots with Active Ground Traits,
    and as long as you can only change your specialization (eg: Pilot vs Commando) in a Social Zone,
    you NEED to be able to select if you want to do a ground or a space mission.

3. When are we going to be able to queue cross faction teams (Fed+Klingoin) together without making it a private match?
    For goodness sake, the Feds and the Klingons have been working together for many many seasons now.
    Please let us team up together for a non-private match, and fill the rest with randoms from either faction.

Edit: Normal/Advanced option is already there.
    Post edited by treking2 on
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    @treking2 you made the normal/advanced issue up. Because the announcement blog clearly says you queue for either or. Not both.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    - New random que has no ground/space filter. That cuts the pool of players I have in FL/fleet willing to go for it roughly in half. (50% left)

Because ground combat is so horrifying that 50% of the player base refuses to do any episodic content. Or does the made up stats only apply to where you think it's most convenient? (ie. what quantitative analysis absolutely should not do.)

Could be the bias is overstated. We can clearly see the magnitude in PVE queues but that's operating in a vacuum. Ie. if presented with a binary choice people tend to go for space. But if they're combined...our other data points suggest that people don't mind that much. Episodes are a driving part of STO and ground battlezones typically weren't significantly underpopulated compared to space (when they were working). Foundry missions also tend to be higher rated with a hybrid setup than space or ground only (there's exceptions but they are rare). So, I'm of the camp "give combined random queue a shot and see how it turns out" because all but one area of STO suggests that people can cope with either if it's simply presented to them.

Anticipating an overwhelming preference and then reinforcing it doesn't seem to me a terribly productive move (because you're basically just asking Cryptic to confirm your stated bias before it can be directly tested in the population. This is what we call a "bad experimental setup" especially in the context of implementing a system designed to counter selection bias in queues.) Again, if the random queue system works it'll mean that it'll only have partial impact if you're splitting queues (assuming the space bias in TFO's holds), when a good result for the combined list could have full impact across the eligible PVE system.

So Cryptic could either risk being half effective to cater to certain folks on the forum right away, or try for a full effect and reserve changes to actual data. The latter seems most reasonable.
    - still no news about joint kdf/fed team-ups for PvE queue. That’s bad and will see to it that another half willing to go for the system has to stay behind each day. (25% left)

See. mechanics of the system. A FED player will be matched with either A. an eligible queue with players waiting for it or 2. a randomly selected TFO. While that probably won't include Klingon Fleet alert (because it simply isn't available to them), there's nothing here to suggest any selection mechanism that'll ensure that they can't be matched with KDF-allied players waiting in cross-faction queues. It's not a separate playlist, just an initial sorting hopper for the queue system at large.

If you're simply referring to cross faction teaming, that's a bit of a non-sequitur.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    (post redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    treking2 wrote: »
    3. When are we going to be able to queue cross faction teams (Fed+Klingoin) together without making it a private match?
    For goodness sake, the Feds and the Klingons have been working together for many many seasons now.
    Please let us team up together for a non-private match, and fill the rest with randoms from either faction.

To this point (as much of a tangent as it may be): Cross faction teaming is something the devs have a stated interest in doing but the teaming/faction system wasn't built in anticipation for cross-faction teams. It's not like there's a button lying about the office with "implement cross-faction teaming" (situated next to the "add all assets to the Foundry" button :tongue:) just waiting for someone to walk over and slap it. It would be a major investment (reworking core parts of the game's back-end) and thus something that would have to be evaluated against other major investments.

So far, other things have taken a priority but I don't think Cryptic's ruled it out for future consideration. The best place to keep poking Cryptic about it are the Ten Forward Weekly livestreams and the occasional thread in general (where any news from livestreams you've missed can also be conveyed by the community.)
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    This is for the 'What We Can Teach Better...' Thread. They can teach people how to use editing on Quoted Posts so we don't perpetuate a wall of the same text over and over and over again in a Thread. :'(

This is an issue involved when people quote and post from a mobile device. They aren't doing it on purpose, it's the forums (software?) fault.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Some folks need to dial it back in here. You guys can debate as much as you want provided that you don't break out the flamethrowers in the process and try to go after each other. Attack the argument, not the person.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Oh look, more lipstick on a pig.

It's pretty when you're drunk -
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    I miss the Original (hard as can be) STFs. They required extreme team work and more importantly, time wasn't as much of a factor as making sure you did everything perfectly right. YTes, they were long and if scaled up to the standards of the weapons and skills we have now, I doubt a third of the player base could run them on normal level, much less the old VA level. They also were the basis on which many fleets were formed, as you always wanted to join a fleet that could run them well. Friendships were made as you were required to form the team before you entered the system. But, the biggest part of them was flying through space showing off a ship set that required you run the hardest end game content I have ever played in my lifetime of MMOs. Anyone that had the complete set felt pride that not only had they completed all the STFs, but felt as if they had really earned the rewards they had. also, the side rewards were really cool, like the Borg Science officer. It required more than just clicking your mouse after running an event to get it, it required team work and timing. No, it wasn't easy, but again, that was why fleets were so large back then, you joined fleets that could help you get all those special rewards like that one. I want someing like that again, something that challenges me and the team I am on, no just with stupid high HP and damage, but where you have to work together and work hard to get through them. The pods in the cure are a good example, you had to avoid aggroing the elites while disabling the pods. you had to keep the repair drones from fixing them all while having to avoid getting to close or worse, Hitting an elites tac drone. That was by far the thing that made me leve FOUR others MMOs and play STO full time. Also, being that all the old STFs were BOTH space and Ground missions (all in one), and traits were locked, it was the most fun end game content I have played in my fifty years on this world.

*This* is so important. The game has to be hard for people to stay in it. Currently I'm KDF, playing according to lore and on the path to Meta but nothing is really out of my reach at 20 - 25k dps, if I'm measuring myself properly. Striving for new heights and new content is more important for me and for the game.
  • Options
    THE GOOD: I do like the idea for the R-TFOs, because there are queues I have not been able to experience since noone plays them. This way I might jump into something new and make it more interesting.

THE BAD: My problem with Queues and TFOs is in understanding what they are?! Right now they're Just a way to get Marks, so in and of themselves there's no point in pursuing them. I get more "fun" out of tracking down DOFF mission CHAINS because there is a sense of progression. Cant the TFOs be made to be the same?

That doesn't necessarily make them missions or Episodes, as we call them - but in any case create some kind of ... storyline behind chains of them. And Cryptic needs to make them harder to play, because right now everyone can run a DPS ship with no consequence to the overall mission. Noone heals because noone needs to.
  • Options
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    I miss the Original (hard as can be) STFs. They required extreme team work and more importantly, time wasn't as much of a factor as making sure you did everything perfectly right. YTes, they were long and if scaled up to the standards of the weapons and skills we have now, I doubt a third of the player base could run them on normal level, much less the old VA level. They also were the basis on which many fleets were formed, as you always wanted to join a fleet that could run them well. Friendships were made as you were required to form the team before you entered the system. But, the biggest part of them was flying through space showing off a ship set that required you run the hardest end game content I have ever played in my lifetime of MMOs. Anyone that had the complete set felt pride that not only had they completed all the STFs, but felt as if they had really earned the rewards they had. also, the side rewards were really cool, like the Borg Science officer. It required more than just clicking your mouse after running an event to get it, it required team work and timing. No, it wasn't easy, but again, that was why fleets were so large back then, you joined fleets that could help you get all those special rewards like that one. I want someing like that again, something that challenges me and the team I am on, no just with stupid high HP and damage, but where you have to work together and work hard to get through them. The pods in the cure are a good example, you had to avoid aggroing the elites while disabling the pods. you had to keep the repair drones from fixing them all while having to avoid getting to close or worse, Hitting an elites tac drone. That was by far the thing that made me leve FOUR others MMOs and play STO full time. Also, being that all the old STFs were BOTH space and Ground missions (all in one), and traits were locked, it was the most fun end game content I have played in my fifty years on this world.

*This* is so important. The game has to be hard for people to stay in it. Currently I'm KDF, playing according to lore and on the path to Meta but nothing is really out of my reach at 20 - 25k dps, if I'm measuring myself properly. Striving for new heights and new content is more important for me and for the game.
    That is so true it was a big mistake to remove the STF raids and original No Win and other great content that has since been ruined by being over streamlined. The most fun I had in STO was in content like that. Content that was hard and required team work which in turn had a sense of accomplishment and reward once done. In this regard STO has taken a massive step backwards which is hurting retention.

Dev time could be better spent redoing that great content not being wasted on this random STF feature. Bringing that content back would have a far more positive impact then this feature. I still don’t understand why the devs revamped the No Win. The original was highly praised and just what STO needed. The revamp is terrible with overwhelming negative response to it. Yet the devs keep the revamp in game :( Why? Couldn’t we have both ate the very least? Why can the devs not roll back the good version?
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am afraid this continuous being able to run random PVE will attract people who do these runs just for the loot/marks. Hence will join and be afk most of the time during runs (Do just enought to not get leaver penalty).

I will still prefere runs with people from the channels or friends.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I should probably pipe in.

1. People that say ground content sucks - I would proffer that there are more options for Ground Elite queues than Space( I may be wrong...). In fact, I think Ground Elite queues pay better and are easier to grind for marks and Dil.
    2. I am saddened that Elite queues aren't part of this. If the reasoning is "We don't want newbs that arent ready for Elite content killing the maps" then I kinda agree. If the reasoning is "We don't want to scale the rewards accordingly" - then that's B.S.
    3. IF we're not doing Elite queues, then why not say after we do X amount of RTF mission on Adv we can *then* unlock the option to do elites?
    4. If you can't allow the separation of Ground/Space, then allow people to change specs in maps when out of combat. I'm not clear of what exploits could occur would this to be allowed.
    5. The bonus rewards are, as per usual, kinda weak. Also, there should be some other random rewards thrown in, in keeping with the "random"-theme.

I'm sure people have already stated some if not all of these as I'm late to the game. But this is just my $.02

- ABM
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

Thing you need to really be considering, is that this philosophy works, that's why they're so married to it. Tying "Dungeons" to story in a meaningful way, or presenting any sort of agency or challenge, well, that's for game companies that want to fail in the metrics.

Valid points however, Bug Hunt is walled off until you finish "the Dragon's Deceit". (that may have been changed now)
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    That is so true it was a big mistake to remove the STF raids and original No Win and other great content that has since been ruined by being over streamlined. The most fun I had in STO was in content like that. Content that was hard and required team work which in turn had a sense of accomplishment and reward once done. In this regard STO has taken a massive step backwards which is hurting retention.
    You're advocating the return of the original STFs which are functionally unplayable unless you have good gear and builds for both space and ground?

The story aspects of those were nice, but.... That was the only good part of them really. they were a lot longer than simply playing both TFOs that they were made into.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @iamynaught said:

> This is an issue involved when people quote and post from a mobile device. They aren't doing it on purpose, it's the forums (software?) fault.

I just about always post from mobile and I just edited out my original quote. People would rather just quote everything, add their take, and then move on, probably to another counter-counter post.

PWE seems to be slipping in changes to the Forums unannounced. A few hours ago posts had Flag and Quote
    Buttons. Now they also have Buttons for Disagree, Agree, Like, and LOL.

A few weeks ago some changes went into place involving the Preview, Save Draft, Post Comment Buttons.

Now the Disagree, Agree, and Like Buttons are gone, replaced by Off Topic, Insightful, Vote Up Vote Down, and Awesome Buttons.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I think this is a great idea and although a console player so we'll get it further down the road, I can't wait until it comes around.
    For players who just want more rewards...well there they are, it's a bit random but there are good bonus rewards bottom to top.

For players who enjoy playing the game, we now get a chance to play through a good variety of the TFOs, without being stuck on whatever is busiest/easiest to farm.

I prefer space combat, but don't mind ground and a few ground missions will force me to be ready for anything...no loading up everything to gun down that one enemy.
    I look forward to the challenge of a ship and ground setup to deal with anything.
    It is a little more show like anyway...you don't always know what you're walking into so have to be prepared for a range of threats.

I'm only half through the comments so far, but personally think this will be enjoyable, and with it being an option then everyone who refuses to try it can still queue for their regular missions and it will likely populate faster anyway. They lose nothing in this new system and everyone gains...win/win.

All comments are my opinion...if you're offended then just pretend you didn't read the above.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    You're advocating the return of the original STFs which are functionally unplayable unless you have good gear and builds for both space and ground?

The story aspects of those were nice, but.... That was the only good part of them really. they were a lot longer than simply playing both TFOs that they were made into.
    Yes I am advocating the return and they were not functionally unplayable. They required team work and had a good story which is what a Star Trek game should be about. They also had a really good feeling of accomplishment and felt rewarding once completed due to the length and challenge. I still loved the old days of fighting though SB24 and then landing inside the base to clear it. We do not have anything like that anymore.

I am not saying get rid of the current short STF’s. A good MMO needs a mix of casual content and challenging raid like content. Star Trek has gone way too far into casual. It would do Star Trek good to bring back the old style raid like content alongside the current casual content.

A lot of us had more fun and a more rewarding time in the original No Win and original STFs then we do in the casual over streamlined rubbish we have now. From what I can see the vast amount of people who played the original No win and the current No win preferred the original due to the challenge and team work.

STO has gone backwards in end game content and is missing challenging and rewarding end game content that has a feeling of accomplishment. Just about everything now is over streamlined casual.

Look how popular the ground colony invasion is. Its one of the few bits of content that is getting close to those old STF's. It requires team work and take a while and its some of the most popular content in game. That's the type of thing we need to revitalise the queues. Not random STF's.

Many of the queues got abandoned by players due to poor revamps and poor tweaks by the devs and/or over streamlining. Putting players into those queues randomly is not a good solution. Just because you hit it randomly doesn't turn it back into a good queue.

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

I just about always post from mobile and I just edited out my original quote. People would rather just quote everything, add their take, and then move on, probably to another counter-counter post.

PWE seems to be slipping in changes to the Forums unannounced. A few hours ago posts had Flag and Quote

A few weeks ago some changes went into place involving the Preview, Save Draft, Post Comment Buttons.

I do get what you are saying, and I may have misinterpreted your exact meaning in your post. Insomnia and posting on forums is generally not a good idea. :)

And now they have changed the buttons again, apparently just since your last post. Gone are Agree and Like, and new additions include Off Topic, Insightful and Vote up/Down buttons. Chaos reigns!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

Now the Disagree, Agree, and Like Buttons are gone, replaced by Off Topic, Insightful, Vote Up Vote Down, and Awesome Buttons.
    Just as a heads up am going to press the LOL button on your last post because "I just gots to know" what it does. Please feel free to press a random new button on this post and the favour is returned.

If pressing said button results in you getting hailed by Kurland followed by canned laughter from a 70's TV show playing whenever using the forums, please accept my apologies.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @protoneous said:
    > Just as a heads up am going to press the LOL button on your last post because "I just gots to know" what it does. Please feel free to press a random new button on this post and the favour is returned.
    >
    > If pressing said button results in you getting hailed by Kurland followed by canned laughter from a 70's TV show playing whenever using the forums, please accept my apologies.

No, what I got was a number '1' in a circle between the word 'LOL' and the Icon Button.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Many of the queues got abandoned by players due to poor revamps and poor tweaks by the devs and/or over streamlining. Putting players into those queues randomly is not a good solution. Just because you hit it randomly doesn't turn it back into a good queue.
    I won't presume to speak for anyone but myself, but personally I simply don't have a reason to want to even try them. So there is at least one player who skips things like Storming the Spire, not because they're bad or too hard, but because the rewards are irrelevant.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    > @protoneous said:
    > Just as a heads up am going to press the LOL button on your last post because "I just gots to know" what it does. Please feel free to press a random new button on this post and the favour is returned.
    >
    > If pressing said button results in you getting hailed by Kurland followed by canned laughter from a 70's TV show playing whenever using the forums, please accept my apologies.

No, what I got was a number '1' in a circle between the word 'LOL' and the Icon Button.
    The whole thing is rather anticlimactic, tbh.
  • Options
    njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    If I join an Elite pug without knowing the map do you think I could expect some backlash from the other players on the team? After all it's a pug and it's gonna get filled by random players. Thats how I feel about the new randomness of this system. I expect those who choose a map manually to have a general idea of how to play the map. I'm not trying to be a smart alec I'm just trying to convey my worries about the new system. I'm not talking about builds or specs here I'm strickly talking about map knowledge.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    If I join an Elite pug without knowing the map do you think I could expect some backlash from the other players on the team?

Random queuing is for Normal/Advanced only. What remains is the same as any introduction to a PVE queue. You never have any control on how much experience your team mates have and if random queuing happens to introduce a lot of players to a lot more queues, then that's a good thing. They may not have experience starting out but they'll soon get that by playing the queue, just as we learned these TFO's in the first place. The result: more players who know these TFO's exist and how to work through them.

IMO, concerns about dealing with random players who're new to certain PVE's is a call to step up and try to help people as best you can. I don't think they're a development concern (such that one might say the system should be changed to restrict players from having new experiences.)
  • Options
    njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I wish those on Elite would have stepped up and helped me out when I tried them because I needed salvaged technology badly. Occasionally they would but 80% of the time I got negative feedback so I quit playing on Elite altogether. I always try to help those in UAA because I definetly need max marks. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully after a month or so the randoms will get the maps and not affect the outcome too much. Hell matbe I'll try out some new maps myself. I have a notepad on my desktop that states "Get the errant rifts before you kill the end boss" I copy and paste it everytime I play UAA and post it in team and local chat. You would be amazed at how many times it falls on deaf ears. Thats why this is such a sour topic for me.