test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship for My Rank and playstyle

asemo1975asemo1975 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I am a Human fleet adm. 65 tac Officer. I have the T6 Temporal Battlecruiser was wanting to know if it would be worth purchasing the Miracle Worker T6?

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It all depends on what your playstyle is.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    I like attacking from a distance if that helps
  • Options
    So do I. I've mostly used either sci ships or engi ships. The occasional battle cruiser. We all find ships we like better than others and tend to stick with them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Attacking from a distance... so broadside tactics?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Attacking from a distance... so broadside tactics?

Yes
  • Options
    Then cruiser/battle cruiser would be best for that
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    well...mechanically speaking, the trait it comes with is quite nice if you are into using beams. Thier flight characteristics is quite sluggish however. But really, if you like how it looks, go for it.

Pilot secondary spec and a fleet (Neutronium +Turn) console and/or a Conductive RCS Accelerator would help a bit with that.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    asemo1975 wrote: »
    I am a Human fleet adm. 65 tac Officer. I have the T6 Temporal Battlecruiser was wanting to know if it would be worth purchasing the Miracle Worker T6?
    Play style is irrelevant. You made a good choice in choosing a tac. Human was a bad choice. Alien would have been much better. As far as whether that ship is "worth" purchasing, it's completely up to you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    A few other suggestions for beam cruisers. I tend to build them with variations on single Aux2Batt.
    • The Guardian cruiser has a Lieutenant Commander science slot, so you can fit something besides cleanses in there. Perhaps Gravity Well I, or Tractor Beam Repulsors II. It also has a Lieutenant Engi/Intel slot, which you could put Override Subsystem Safeties II in.
    • The T6 Galaxy has a Commander Engi/Command and is pretty tough. I have mine rigged so that it can competently use dual beams with the saucer detached, plus Overwhelm Emitters III.
    • The T6 Tactical Star Cruiser can be a holy terror. It's the slowest of the ones I've listed but it's the toughest by a long shot.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @salazarraze said:
    > asemo1975 wrote: »
    >
    > I am a Human fleet adm. 65 tac Officer. I have the T6 Temporal Battlecruiser was wanting to know if it would be worth purchasing the Miracle Worker T6?
    >
    >
    >
    > Play style is irrelevant. You made a good choice in choosing a tac. Human was a bad choice. Alien would have been much better. As far as whether that ship is "worth" purchasing, it's completely up to you.

Do not liaten to this. Min/maxing is the most uneeded thing in STO.

I don't min-max. Others can min-max if they want but it's not for me.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Starsword is right about the Guardian. Its a good ship. Although for my part I had Sci Team, Hazard Emitters, and Polarize Hull. Not specifically in that order, but those are my go to sci abilities for the most part. Trait isn't all that good because it could trigger when you don't need it, and be locked out when you do.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Starsword is right about the Guardian. Its a good ship. Although for my part I had Sci Team, Hazard Emitters, and Polarize Hull. Not specifically in that order, but those are my go to sci abilities for the most part. Trait isn't all that good because it could trigger when you don't need it, and be locked out when you do.

Believe it or not, I actually hated it when I was picking random ships from my library to grind traits on this spring. Looking back, though, I think having flown a saucerless GCS for so long, I overestimated what I could do with it (I was trying to run dual beams against Tzenkethi, more fool me), and I ended up reskilling the toon, too.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited July 2018
    He stated that human was "a mistake", its only a mistake if you "have to have" that extra trait slot from Alien
    It is a mistake. A mistake I learned all too late like most people that actually learn that it's a mistake. Some continue to play blissfully unaware but it's better to know for the next time you create a character.
    He also stated that "playstyle is irrelevant", it isn't and thats just a douchy thing to say to a new player that probably doesn't want to feel forced to play someone else's way. So yeah, I hope the OP ignores everything he said.
    You misunderstand. Play style is irrelevant for the vast majority of players when choosing a ship. In other words, it's not and shouldn't be a factor in their decision. All ships have 10km range. All ships have weapons slots. There are minute differences here and there but, generally, players asking such questions don't know how to grasp "builds" so they should just buy whatever makes them happy.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you like to broadside with Beams then the Tactical Miricle worker is one of the better ships in the game. It has a versitle layout, and a pretty solid trait but as others have said, it's a slower turning broadside boat. It's kind of a 'one trick pony' but it's really good at that trick, and that trick is a very effective trick.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh and if you want some advice on ships...grab an arbiter if you don't have one yet. Great ship. Flies well. Has a must have trait for energy weapon builds. If you play multi factions get the pack. All the ships are good...but the romulan one is excellent.

This is also solid advice. You really should consider the Arbiter, it can do beam/broadside or cannon/dbb front facing build. It comes with a 'must have' trait and a console that basically turns a smaller agile ship into a tank. It's simply fantastic.
    You made a good choice in choosing a tac. Human was a bad choice.

This is laughable and can be ignored. You're fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I’d also go (and actually do go) with the Tucker as Sea suggested. The option to slot Narrow Sensor Bandwidth and mixed armament synergy is really hard to ignore. Turn rate is a pain but not that relevant on an FAW spammer. The trait of the ship is also good and pretty much standard on all DPS beam boats atm.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    You made a good choice in choosing a tac. Human was a bad choice.

This is laughable and can be ignored. You're fine.
    I'm sorry that the truth hurts you. Aliens can use human visuals and are actually even better at looking human since Aliens have more drastic sliders. The additional space and ground trait slots are superior to the crummy human traits. It's not worth re-rolling a character but it's still worth pointing out so the same mistake isn't made again later.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'm sorry that the truth hurts you.

Say something true and I'll let you know if it hurts or not.

No one disputes that alien is slightly better. The reasons why your statement is ridiculous have already been laid out, no point in me re-hashing everything that's already said. If you don't get it by now, you never will.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

No one disputes that alien is slightly better. The reasons why your statement is ridiculous have already been laid out, no point in me re-hashing everything that's already said. If you don't get it by now, you never will.
    You conveniently ignored the rest of the post. No surprise since it completely undermines your overreaction.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

You conveniently ignored the rest of the post. No surprise since it completely undermines your overreaction.

Think the only overreaction in this thread was you pointing out that a 3 post forum and probably game newcomer made a mistake by making a human character while he was only asking for ship advice.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Think the only overreaction in this thread was you pointing out that a 3 post forum and probably game newcomer made a mistake by making a human character while he was only asking for ship advice.
    I could have chosen different words I guess. Perhaps make it sound more positive. So I can accept your criticism. It seems the word "mistake" has made some people upset.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    [Mod Hat] Guys? The OP was asking about ships, not species. Can we keep our eyes on the ball please? Thank you. [/Mod Hat]
    Post edited by starswordc on
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'd go for the Tucker if you don't want to save up the EC or lobi for a Vengence.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tucker_Tactical_Miracle_Worker_Cruiser

Five tac consoles (4 tac + 1 uni) is pretty sweet. If you go disruptor or AP base damage you can notch it up to six tac type consoles with either the crystal console from the phoenix pack or the science console from the nausican (disruptor) set. Then I'd slap on either the AP or Dis torp from phoenix/nausican respectively. Not only can you beam em from a distance but lob torpedoes that won't be hindered by shields as badly as regular torps are and they get boosted by all of your tac consoles.

Side note: You can also get the phaser torps now that do the same thing as the nausican/ap stuff. So that's an option as well. My human tac uses that.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > Umm...don't you mean wasn't? Because if he was...than we are quite on topic with out off topic talk :p .

Yeah, that was a typo. :blush: :s :#
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png