What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship for My Rank and playstyle

2»

Comments

• Options
    asemo1975asemo1975 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you for all the info I have not made up my mind yet like I said I have the Temp. Battle Cruiser but I cannot survive fighting anhy ships. I play the episodes and having a hard time defeating other ships.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    asemo1975 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the info I have not made up my mind yet like I said I have the Temp. Battle Cruiser but I cannot survive fighting anhy ships. I play the episodes and having a hard time defeating other ships.

If you mean the T6 Paladin, that's actually a fairly good ship. Yes, I would say the Tucker is better, but that's still hardly a poor ship. If you're having trouble surviving it's likely a build problem. If that's the case then it's unlikely that buying a new ship will fix the problem and could leave you feeling regretful that you spent the money.

If you like, head over to STO Academy and fill out your build in the skill planner. You can then post a link to it for us to look over and perhaps we can figure out what problems you're having. Buying a new ship and transferring over a bad build will only carry the problems over to the new ship. If you want to try and get to the root of your problems, I am sure we can help you.

Then when we figure out what type of build style you like, we can then help you pick a ship that fits that style. :smile:

[Edit] - If you want to see a sample build, here is a link to my Tucker Class. Not saying this is how you should build it, just linking as an example so you can see how the STO Academy Site works. You can click through all the tabs to see equipment, bridge officer powers, traits, etc. Just in case you have never used it before. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    asemo1975asemo1975 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I didnt play for a year on my pc so I was way behind so i just play on my xbox one it has less episodes but I have things pretty set there