test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keep a close eye on your mail for messages from PWE (gifted ship and spec points)

Comments

• Options
    judasjungjudasjung Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Lifetime member since beta.

No email. :/
  • Options
    bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Just redeemed my first code :) Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Got my code. Thanks for the ship! ^_^ And the spec points came in very handy on my AoY toon, so another round of thanks for that - getting those specialties down little by little!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    nemefnemef Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This time I belong to the happy few... thanks!
  • Options
    rohnarohna Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nemef wrote: »
    This time I belong to the happy few... thanks!
    Me, too! Thanks!

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    as a PSA just because it comes up every email ship
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/setting
    go there, under language preference, make sure that little tick box is on if you ever want to get one of these ships

Thanks. Not that I expect to get lucky now that it is on after the ship, but it does explain the 0 news on STO I got. Cannot even remember switching it off since I do like to have the occasional Newsletter on games I play.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    Got the email which surprised me because: (a) I already bought the ship when it came out, and (b) I figured I didn't meet whatever criteria PW's marketing uses for these because I never gotten any of the other promo emails. Anyway, the spec points are appreciated.

Still, after WizKids dropped the ball I would have preferred the command version instead.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Got the ship and spec points , mastered the ship got the trait , ship now in mothballs returned to my KT dreadnought :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    My roommate got one.

For reasons too complex (and slightly silly) to go into here, I have three Cryptic accounts. None of them got the mail.

The only conclusion I can reach is that it's completely bloody random. And RNGesus hates me.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    rikwessels wrote: »
    Here we go again with another 'mystery promo' that only rewards certain players with no clear criteria whatsoever.

It's fine, I didn't get one and I know I'll never get anything from these promos. After 4 years of not being deemed important enough, I have come to expect it. Apparently, PWE feels that promos like this do more good then harm, all I ever see it do is generate ill will from those that don't receive the item.

It's not a ship that I really want anyway, I just wish they would stop with these 'rewarding a select few' style promotions. All it does is generate hostility from those not included.

I don't have a problem with these sorts of ship giveaways, as long as the ship is obtainable through some other means. The T6 Intel Sovereign is still obtainable through the C-Store, so players don't have to miss out on the ship. The Nagus Marauder, however, isn't obtainable through any other means.

Disagree .. this isn't any "giveaway " due to the complete randomness - apparently - on who gets the email. Those folks get the ship free while others have to spend $$ to get it in the Z-store . I'd find that acceptable if it wasn't totally random but based on a set of criteria ( so folks would know why they didn't get this email ) . I didn't get the email and to be frank : I'm mad about this "promotion " ( not because of the fact I didn't get it but because there isn't any reason whatsoever given on why not ..it's completely random)

Well, I suppose you can disagree if you want, but it is a "giveaway" because they did give away this T6 Intel Sovereign for free to the players who received the email. Just because you or anyone else who didn't receive the email, didn't get the ship for free doesn't mean that it wasn't given away in this instance.

As another example, all week they'll be doing daily "giveaways" for the Anniversary, as they do every year. Today it was the Formal Wear Costume. I already happen to own it. Does that mean it wasn't a "giveaway?" No. Yet there are and will be people all week complaining about having already bought such and such, or that it will be a FED only item, or demand some sort of refund or other nonsense because they didn't get something for free as if they're entitled to it.

As I said, I don't mind these giveaways, even if I don't get the items for free myself. It's when those items are exclusively available through those giveaways/promotions, i.e. Nagus Marauder, Mirror Guardian, T6 Command Sovereign, with no other way to obtain them, that I find irritating.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    I already have a T6 Intel Sovereign... can I trade it for a T6 Intrepid unlock instead? (Or maybe the T6 Command Sovereign?)
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I won't be surprised that I won't get a damn thing like that in my e-mail. These types of giveaways are filled with BS. Either EVERY PLAYER gets one or none should. This is just the same replay of the Golden Ferengi ship.

Am I mad I didn't get one? No. I really don't care. But, it's bad business practice to not tell people how they are chosen to get these e-mail giveaways.

As for those that did get them, congrats and enjoy them, because there are alot of players that get ignored.

As a better idea for these giveaways, just throw it up on the C-Store for a 100% discount. This way EVERYONE has a chance at it. Doing this in an unreliable e-mail isn't worth the hassle.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    go there, under language preference, make sure that little tick box is on if you ever want to get one of these ships

That might explain why i never saw any spam mail from STO.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    No ship email this time, but I did get the Nagus ship last time, so no idea what the mystery criteria could be
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, is this the ship with the wide angle quantum torpedo?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Yes it has the same special weapon as the Regent. Wide Angle Quantum
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    No code. Already have the ship, but the 10 specialization points would have been very handy :).
  • Options
    tharilion#8359 tharilion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Thank you so much for posting this. I would have never found it myself. So I activated it now but I guess this is the reason why I got no mail with the code. But maybe at least for the next time a ship code is sent by Cryptic. I guess the Sovereign round is now over.
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    No code. Already have the ship, but the 10 specialization points would have been very handy :).

Don't have the ship, but would not have been very interested in it either. Additional admiralty card are a good thing though.
    The 10 spec points would have allowed me to finish up the tree on one of my characters. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Is this a subscriber only thing? I am assuming it is.

That can't be it unless "having been a subscriber at one point" follows into the formula. I got the Sovy but I haven't invested real currency since the game went F2P. But since I was a P2P player in 2011 I am a "Veteran" of 100+ days worth of subscriptions.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Stupid question time...... I received the code; if I claim this on a currently sub-level 50 character do I get the insta level 50 to 60 XP boost token rather than the spec points?

The token would be more useful to my currently low-levelled TOS character than the spec points would be to any of my already level 60 ones.

Good question. I redeemed the code via the website and logged in a few hours later on a lvl 60 character. I do not have a "insta-60" option under promotions, but I have two "10 spec points" - I have no idea wether this is random or character specific.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Nope skunked again on the free ship swag :/
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    The 10 spec points would have allowed me to finish up the tree on one of my characters. Better luck next time.

The maturity of you people sickens me! LOL. :P Seriously, wish I could get over it as easily as you, but I have another month or so to work on that, when I'll be grinding spec points for my alt the old-fashioned, non-favored way.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Here we go again with another 'mystery promo' that only rewards certain players with no clear criteria whatsoever.

It's fine, I didn't get one and I know I'll never get anything from these promos. After 4 years of not being deemed important enough, I have come to expect it. Apparently, PWE feels that promos like this do more good then harm, all I ever see it do is generate ill will from those that don't receive the item.

It's not a ship that I really want anyway, I just wish they would stop with these 'rewarding a select few' style promotions. All it does is generate hostility from those not included.

I don't have a problem with these sorts of ship giveaways, as long as the ship is obtainable through some other means. The T6 Intel Sovereign is still obtainable through the C-Store, so players don't have to miss out on the ship. The Nagus Marauder, however, isn't obtainable through any other means.

Disagree .. this isn't any "giveaway " due to the complete randomness - apparently - on who gets the email. Those folks get the ship free while others have to spend $$ to get it in the Z-store . I'd find that acceptable if it wasn't totally random but based on a set of criteria ( so folks would know why they didn't get this email ) . I didn't get the email and to be frank : I'm mad about this "promotion " ( not because of the fact I didn't get it but because there isn't any reason whatsoever given on why not ..it's completely random)

Lol you've never heard of a giveaway like "to 10 lucky people we will give away a free thing?"

If it's given away instead of sold it's a "giveaway"

If weren't lucky ah then theater one thing but there are lots of ways to increase your luck.

you know what this theater does ( from a marketing perspective ) ? It makes me think twice about spending any $$ whatsoever - in the foreseeable future - on anything in the Z-store . I would think the exact same way if I did get the email and someone in my fleet didn't . It is bad marketing in the extreme ...

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Was surprised to see the e-mail this morning, grateful for the freebie as i have always loved the sovvy.
    Thankyou cryptic..
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »

The maturity of you people sickens me! LOL. :P Seriously, wish I could get over it as easily as you, but I have another month or so to work on that, when I'll be grinding spec points for my alt the old-fashioned, non-favored way.

Best advice i can give you is not to "work" on it.
    Just play whatever you like and check once a week how many points you've gathered to distribute.

Edit: And make use of the admiralty as much as possible.

• Options
    you know what this theater does ( from a marketing perspective ) ? It makes me think twice about spending any $$ whatsoever - in the foreseeable future - on anything in the Z-store . I would think the exact same way if I did get the email and someone in my fleet didn't . It is bad marketing in the extreme ...

You know, that was my first reaction too. But Cryptic doesn't give a sh*t; and, at the end of the day, I'll just be hurting myself not buying stuff I really wanted. And Cryptic knows that, of course. So, nothing left but to feel groggy for a while, and to commend Cryptic for playing the playerbase out against each other like this.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Best advice i can give you is not to "work" on it.
    Just play whatever you like and check once a week how many points you've gathered to distribute.

Edit: And make use of the admiralty as much as possible.

Yeah, I really need to get over this, cuz I realize I'm starting to hurt myself.

XP Weekend has been good for me, though. Since the Grinding my teeth thread, of Jan 19, until now, Jan 24, I managed to get the entire Strategist tree done, and 3 of Intel. I only have like 10 cards on my Rom alt, but you'd be amazed what you can do with those still. :)

Guess, when it comes down to it, I don't really need to be in the 'favored' club, after all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg