test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you could remove something from the game, What would it be?

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Injuries. Completely superflous, we could probably have had a cool feature instead of that if they had never even implemented that just to appease some death penalty fans. (Those fans are probably all long gone anyway.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Remove the team minimums for all pve Queues. We should be able to run them private/solo if we feel up to the task.
    Its a real pain, and can take quite a while to get a "Warp Out - ISA" going.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Always tough to choose one thing, but a good start would be the removal of the minimum number of players to start a queue.

*nods*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    If there was only ONE thing you could remove from the game in order to improve the game? What would it be?

I'd remove the forums. If I could have 2, then zonechat.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    out of subject... but damn this breen ship is beautifull with the dyson shield !!!
    coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    1) The annoying, random scheduling of "daily" missions like To the Front Lines/Claim Enemy Emergency Reserves that is actually a random rotation with two other missions and often results in the one I want not being available for a week or two. :(

2) The queueing for red alerts. I do not care about the rationale behind the change. I liked being able to jump into those and start slaying borg immediately, without waiting for a team.

3) Un-droppable missions that clutter up your "in progress" list. Yes, I get that we've unlocked some super sekrit messages with our reputation projects, but I don't want to have to look at them until I FEEL LIKE IT.

4) Un-skippable cutscenes. I get that someone is proud of their work, but I'm only willing to sit through those once. And it is a deeply flawed approach that ties correct character avatar positioning for some interaction mechanic, to the end of a cutscene.

5) Mission reward set pieces all awarded by the same frigging mission. The correct way to do this is as it was done with the Dominion and Breen sets - spread out over a series of "episodes". The hateful, sociopathic way to do it is to make me repeat stuff like "A Step Between the Stars," "Sphere of Influence" and "Dust to Dust" multiple times to complete a mission reward set. I don't care if you're trying to pad your replay stats.

6) Missions that are single-player only. I get it. PvP is a mess of trolls and broken whale cheese, but I wish they would at least bother with this one other remaining pretense of it being a multi-player game.

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Starfleet people saluting as if they are in the army. And tailor restrictions.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'll throw another vote against the tailor restrictions.

Also, this diseased contortion of "immersion" requiring that it be a long hike between loot recycler(bartender)/mail/bank/tailor/vendor/shipyard/security officer, or that not every base should have these facilities. Just put one room on every base where all of these things are available!

Ooh, and transwarping to fleet bases. First reiterating my complete indifference to the rationale behind it, this pulling you back to the place you transwarped from needs to end. If I transwarp to my fleet base and then warp away from it, I should be in sector space, right next to my fleet base.

Post edited by hanover2 on
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    out of subject... but damn this breen ship is beautifull with the dyson shield !!!

Yeah, wonderful white there. :) Sadly, clipping-wise, Dyson Shield is one of the worst out there. I often try and slot it, but then I notice some part protruding, or just general clipping. Still, when the shield fits...
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Okay, then, I'd like to see the restriction removed that won't let you exit your Fleet base, unless you walk over to the transporter.

Building on this, remove restrictions to visiting the bridge and small craft while visiting the fleet base.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    EC caps. So that we can have as much ec as we want on our characters and can post things on the exchange for whatever price we want.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    nikephorus wrote: »
    EC caps. So that we can have as much ec as we want on our characters and can post things on the exchange for whatever price we want.

Not with the near complete lack of enforcement against bot-spammers who distort the market.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I support this, but only because saluting is only appropriate while outside and wearing a cover. Obviously Starfleet doesn't include headwear as part of the uniform, and we spend 90% of our "ground" time indoors, so NPCs saluting is something that we should very rarely, if ever, see.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Any queue that requires more than five players to create an instance.

Granted Fleets may do them, but so far as PuGs are concerned they just don't happen and their presence is pointless. Would be better to either 'edit' them so that they only require five players to start an instance, or remove and replaced with something people will actually play.
    Ironically, most of the large queues can actually be started solo in private already (pretty much the only way to get the accolades from stuff like Breaking the Planet nowadays)...while the 5 man queues can't.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    The bugs.

They'd introduce new bugs, whilst removing the old. :)

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    RNG BASED CRAFTING SYSTEM
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    What I would remove:

The hate against Starfleet Dental, that way people can see how great they are to STO and the community.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    What I would remove:

The hate against Starfleet Dental, that way people can see how great they are to STO and the community.

Whatever fanboy. ;)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I'd remove marks and replace it with a % meter.

Like run a pve or mission that has x as an enemy a certain amount of times so you can play missions and pve to go towards unlocking gear with just ec and dil.

Marks are the bane of my life and running ques that never pop do my head in.

Also remove 20/24 hr times and replace with 12hr ones. As play time varies day to day running events etc gets troublesome when relying kn fitting it in at certain times within timers.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    danaleedanalee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I'd remove the leveling system.

It'd obviously have to be a massive rework of the core game, but it'd be an interesting idea. Not too much thought put into it since it'd never happen, but yeah.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    How about removing "factions"? It was a good idea, that fell by the wayside. And now all the playable "factions" are allies anyway?
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    The first thing I can think of that I'd remove is having that temporal agent (Phil Crey, I think) keep popping in on my screen just to tell me that the timeline is secure and that he'll let me know if anything changes. I don't need to see that every single time I log in. I'm like, "That's nice, Phil, but how 'bout you don't tell me anything *unless* it changes?"
  • Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I would like to remove the restriction arbitrarily placed on a handful of Romulan vessels that prevent them from having the IRW prefix.

I would also like to remove the current list of playable races and then replace it with one that includes Hirogen, Voth, Cardassians, and whatever else.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    The horrible, ****** writing, and this "Galactic Alliance," from Delta Rising forward.
    >removing the faction based on finding mutual understanding and coming together to achieve something greater in a series whose whole point has been about finding mutual understanding and coming together to achieve something greater.

This is why I can't take most people who complain about the story seriously.

Its almost exclusively based on trying to **** over everything Star Trek stood for in favor of
    >MUH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE FACTIONS!

^^^ Quoted for emphasis.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User

I support this, but only because saluting is only appropriate while outside and wearing a cover. Obviously Starfleet doesn't include headwear as part of the uniform, and we spend 90% of our "ground" time indoors, so NPCs saluting is something that we should very rarely, if ever, see.

Fr3P7EG.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Hey, at least, there are some NPCs respecting us despite being lower-ranked than us. OK, the mission contacts still disrespect and order us around, but at least other NPC show us respect. And now, you want to remove them?

What is wrong with you, people?! :tongue:
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    How about removing "factions"? It was a good idea, that fell by the wayside. And now all the playable "factions" are allies anyway?

Not necessarily remove, but join together so there are no more restrictions between them.

The unique origin stories are still good and useful, and as displayed in AoY the game can well support more of them if not saddled with the burden of separate marketplaces.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    boachev wrote: »
    I would like to remove the restriction arbitrarily placed on a handful of Romulan vessels that prevent them from having the IRW prefix.

Technically, I believe the ones without the IRW prefix are Republic specific designs that never saw service with the Romulan Star Empire, so lore wise why would they have the IRW prefix if they were never Imperial to begin with?
    wendysue53 wrote: »

Fr3P7EG.jpg

Hate to play Devil's Advocate, since I actually like the reboot movies, but someone's gonna say "doesn't apply because that isn't Prime Universe".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.