test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you could remove something from the game, What would it be?

wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
If there was only ONE thing you could remove from the game in order to improve the game? What would it be?

Post edited by wendysue53 on

Comments

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to see that Run/Walk/stand-when-I-should-be-running mod removed. Don't care much for it when my toon suddenly stops running in order to walk when he should still be running. and so on and so forth. Fatigue I understand. But you're really in trouble if you can run 3 feet before having to stop.

That's my one thing at the moment.

The Run/Walk has issues at times wherein Run doesn't work at all sometimes. :'(
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    I'd remove costume category restrictions from the Tailor that prevent certain costume item combinations and prevent BOFFs completely from using certain costume items.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The horrible, ****** writing, and this "Galactic Alliance," from Delta Rising forward.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Probability. Like 2% chance to do this, 1% increase to this nonsense.
    Why all this low probably.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    remove the god awful low quality run/sprint/sprint with weapon animations and replace them with animations of what people ACTUALLY do when doing those particular activities​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    That paused crouch moment after rolling that they implemented a lil while back..
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    The horrible, ****** writing, and this "Galactic Alliance," from Delta Rising forward.

good choice...
    Im tempted to say Gecko.... but I think I'll go with "repetitive grind mechanics" as endgame
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Other players.
    boldly-watched.png
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Game's code/engine... Aka rebuild it... 2.0...

One can dream, right?!?!

Wait, I must be dreaming... 3 am for me...
    6tviTDx.png

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Other players.
    starkaos wrote: »
    There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI.

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Timers. All those bloody, annoying, infuriating timers. Crafting timers, reputation project timers, fleet project timers, queue CD timers. The only timers they should keep are those that are a source for ressources. Doff assignments and admiralty missions.

If somebody wants to play night and day for an entire weekend in order to get his reputations from tier 0 to 4, why shouldn't he/she be able to do so?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Polls
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hm.. difficult to choose one thing. I would also vote to remove tailor restrictions and categories, but I understand why thry exist and that it would be difficult to remove them and make everything work with other parts.

So I'm going to go with removing the factions.
    szim wrote: »
    Timers. All those bloody, annoying, infuriating timers. Crafting timers, reputation project timers, fleet project timers, queue CD timers. The only timers they should keep are those that are a source for ressources. Doff assignments and admiralty missions.

If somebody wants to play night and day for an entire weekend in order to get his reputations from tier 0 to 4, why shouldn't he/she be able to do so?

Because if you remove 'all those bloody, annoying, infuriating timers,' then it wouldn't take him/her an entire weekend now, would it?! They'd be done in ten minutes! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    there are no polls in the game​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited December 2016
    there are no polls in the game​​

Now you had to go and get all serious, did you?! :P

Okay, then, I'd like to see the restriction removed that won't let you exit your Fleet base, unless you walk over to the transporter.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    lock box ships and upgrades. move them to the C store
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Remove? IDK. There's a number of things I'd change, if I were the HGIC of the game... but I don't really think I'd really remove anything.
    newstosiggy.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    szim wrote: »

Because if you remove 'all those bloody, annoying, infuriating timers,' then it wouldn't take him/her an entire weekend now, would it?! They'd be done in ten minutes! :P

Well you would have to grind for the marks first. Grinding for the 1000-and-something marks it takes to get you to tier 4 would take you some time.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The Dev team. No, seriously. Think about it. When creativity becomes a job, then it gets boring and stale. The product, instead of being fresh and different and exciting, becomes derivatives of what has already been done. Because it is sooo much easier to simply change the blue colored aliens to green colored aliens and then move them from this map to that map than it is to create something entirely new from scratch. Some of those people have been in the same positions for far too long. At least shuffle them around a bit.

And if we can't do this, could we please reduce/remove the "Imma Rock Star!" mind set? Some of the Devs are in serious danger of getting a terminal case of Lead Singer Disease. Don't get me wrong, I like what they do and have done so since 2012. But could ya please knock off the really bad Tony Stark impression whenever you're in public about STO? It's old and you ain't never gonna be Tony Stark.

But this is something which will never come about. Because in all of science fiction there are few fan groups more set in their ways than Star Trek fans. Who demand something brand new and different every day. Just as long as it is exactly like what they got the day before yesterday. And who complain like spoiled children whenever they are given something new and different. Right up to the point when the next new and different comes along.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    unlock the tailor to be able to make all possible combination of costume we have unlocked for cap and boff no more off duty...
    coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Always tough to choose one thing, but a good start would be the removal of the minimum number of players to start a queue.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    remove of the 3 team limit on the defera invasion zone hard missions. so I can get the bloody borg processors
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Polls

O.O no way are they taking my stripper pole off my bridge...oh uhm wrong pole uhm disregard last transmission theres nothing to see here.

What i would remove the whole pop up window dialog when interacting with NPC and make it more lie an interactive cutscene.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Costume tailor restrictions
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Remove the edge-of-the-map-is-the-edge-of-the-world mechanic. When I hit deep space I want to be able to....I don't know, EXPLORE. Like Star Trek always did. Just saying......
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd get rid of the existing Reputation system and replace it with something great
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.