What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Events All Showed Ended (even future ones) *On Tribble for testing*

Comments

• Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited January 2014
    this is a good time, to start playing other games, untill they fix it.
    cause u cant do anything untill they do (cant lvl , cant do rep, no bonus marks)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is a good time, to start playing other games, untill they fix it.
    cause u cant do anything untill they do (cant lvl , cant do rep, no bonus marks)

This is totally false. You can level, you can do reputation, you just don't get bonus marks. Just because your playstyle requires there to be events doesn't mean the entire game is broken :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Forgot about extra dil and buckets of xp during mirror, but that's ok. Events that some may of just enjoyed playing. Not all about marks or xp for each player.

My 'playstyle' includes lessening the grind any way possible. Grinding more often to achieve the same goal isn't very productive (for me). Their are other things in game I might want to do besides the same mission I've done 100's of times, but that's just me.

Again, the game is still playable it is not broken as silverfaustx was making it out to be. I don't like grinding anymore than most people, but the fact remains you can level, you can do reputation and continue on your merry way.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• Options
    falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    This is totally false. You can level, you can do reputation, you just don't get bonus marks. Just because your playstyle requires there to be events doesn't mean the entire game is broken :P

Since Mirror is down, please tell me how fast you can get the 52,000 expertise (3x14,000) you need PER day to fill your Nukara/Romulan/Omega reputation projects? :confused::confused:

You could get this in 15 minutes of Mirror Invasion, how fast can you get it now? I'm actually really curious because the fastest I've found requires about 4-8 hours playtime to accrue:confused: that amount. You only get 2,400 to 4,200 per elite STF... so how are you doing it?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just by playing, only a tad slower. Who cares, the game will still be here tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    falkor2010 wrote: »
    Since Mirror is down, please tell me how fast you can get the 52,000 expertise (3x14,000) you need PER day to fill your Nukara/Romulan/Omega reputation projects? :confused::confused:

You could get this in 15 minutes of Mirror Invasion, how fast can you get it now? I'm actually really curious because the fastest I've found requires about 4-8 hours playtime to accrue:confused: that amount. You only get 2,400 to 4,200 per elite STF... so how are you doing it?

Again, you're not 100% stopped by doing it, it's just slower. That is my only point.

• Options
    okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Again, you're not 100% stopped by doing it, it's just slower. That is my only point.

There is an ancient Chinese fable called "The Foolish Old Man Who Removed the Mountains". It tells of an old man who lived in northern China long, long ago and was known as the Foolish Old Man of North Mountain. His house faced south and beyond his doorway stood the two great peaks, Taihang and Wangwu, obstructing the way. He called his sons, and hoe in hand they began to dig up these mountains with great determination. Another graybeard, known as the Wise Old Man, saw them and said derisively, "How silly of you to do this! It is quite impossible for you few to dig up those two huge mountains." The Foolish Old Man replied, "When I die, my sons will carry on; when they die, there will be my grandsons, and then their sons and grandsons, and so on to infinity. High as they are, the mountains cannot grow any higher and with every bit we dig, they will be that much lower. Why can't we clear them away?"

Well, they weren't 100% stopped from clearing the mountains away either. I know that running mirror invasion for an hour I was getting around 160,000 - 170,000 xp. That's roughly 3 hours to gain enough expertise to bring one faction from zero to tier 5 to the best of my knowledge.

I don't have any hard numbers to throw about how fast it is to get xp through other means, I know roughly 10,000 xp per hour is possible but I don't know how much faster than that you can go. That would make it about 50 hours instead of 3 hours.

There are people who can, due various circumstances, sit 12 hours a day grinding missions, just to get to the next tier. They will not be stopped, or even slowed down - since the bottleneck are the daily reputation missions themself.

Then there are people who can put maybe 8 hours a week into the game. For them the situation is entirely different. "Slower, but possible" doesn't in itself say a whole lot. It's the magnitude of the change that's relevant.
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow. I hadn't even been checking for events so I missed this one completely.

So at this point can the "known bugs" list please be changed to "things that aren't broken"? It seems like it would be shorter at this point.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    fleetcaptclarkfleetcaptclark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Broken since before new year (30th I think I noticed), still down now.
    New year was showing them as already ended, as a day out of date
    now, just not showing at all. It is a fairly major bug/glitch and I hope Cryptic are thinking of a way to compensate loyal players for this, especially as it is now 7 days + it's been like it for...

I'm not saying it's the end of the world. I'm not angry about it. Just a tad frustrated as it does take away a segment of the game play and means altering plans. As said by many, the game IS still playable... just certain things...aren't. And the longer it goes on, the more that players miss out on.

I know it's a really bad time for it to happen (Christmas and new year, holiday weekends), both for cryptic who will be short staffed...but also for players, who probably had more time off at this time :P

So I understand the delay in fixing it, but likewise, I'm sure cryptic are aware how frustrating it is for their player base and should do something more than just fix it...

Just a suggestion ;)

Ultimately, we're a community, we should pull together at this time, not descend to bitter recrimination and petty demands or blaming or name calling. Patience is a virtue and I'm sure Cryptic are doing their best to fix it and working hard behind the scenes.
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Broken since before new year (30th I think I noticed), still down now...Patience is a virtue and I'm sure Cryptic are doing their best to fix it and working hard behind the scenes.

No, I'm sure they are not. It is not revenue code, merely game code. The revenue code is not affected by this part of the game never working ever again. How many piece of game code have been broken by revenue code and not fixed? So long as no revenue code is broken by this piece of game code not working it will NEVER be fixed. I base that opinion on the length of this thread, 100 posts and still not fixed.

'We are aware of the problem' is double-speak for 'We are not motivated to fix it'.
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for 7 days the whole thing is blank.:(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No, I'm sure they are not. It is not revenue code, merely game code. The revenue code is not affected by this part of the game never working ever again. How many piece of game code have been broken by revenue code and not fixed? So long as no revenue code is broken by this piece of game code not working it will NEVER be fixed. I base that opinion on the length of this thread, 100 posts and still not fixed.

'We are aware of the problem' is double-speak for 'We are not motivated to fix it'.

Uh...they are working on it. Do realize a lot of developers and staff just got back from winter break. It'll most likely be fixed before thursday's patch (as brandon has posted that it will need a patch to fix)

• Options
    bgabor911bgabor911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The fact that even the simplest problem need a week to notice/fix shows clearly the below average quality of this game. Its a shame that this is the only ST MMO. If I could do spacefights with ST ships in an other MMO, I would delete this TRIBBLE game immediately.

It would be best for Perfect World to cancel all their 10+ ****MMOs, and focus only on STO.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bgabor911 wrote: »
    It would be best for Perfect World to cancel all their 10+ ****MMOs, and focus only on STO.

And how long do you think they'd stay in business after putting all of their eggs in the STO basket, my histrionic friend? :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    The best part is that I read that the fix on Tribble doesn't actually work. *facepalm*
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2014
    gardat wrote: »
    Wow. I hadn't even been checking for events so I missed this one completely.

So at this point can the "known bugs" list please be changed to "things that aren't broken"? It seems like it would be shorter at this point.

Indeed. I am honestly starting to wonder if PWE/Cryptic can do ANYTHING right. :rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    Indeed. I am honestly starting to wonder if PWE/Cryptic can do ANYTHING right. :rolleyes:

Well if you look at their history of not fixing old bugs (a quick browse of this forum should bring up a dozen pretty fast) then probably not?

It didn't stop me spending money on their products but its important to recognize they have always been and will remain, buggy as hell.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uh...they are working on it. Do realize a lot of developers and staff just got back from winter break. It'll most likely be fixed before thursday's patch (as brandon has posted that it will need a patch to fix)

Yeah, im sure they need about 50 people to fix this... come on!.

For god sake, they are the devs, the same people who is coding and maintaining the game, even 3 people should be able to fix it. Please, stop saying stupid things. But apparently, they need the whole team to fix anything, no matter wat. I dunno if this time "the winter vacations" is the excuse, but they are not fixing ANYTHING since a long time ago, there is no sense to say now that they are in vacations. Maybe they are on vacations since ages ago??? That is what you mean, right?

Because, when the team returns, they will fix the event calendar, but that will be a lot of work for em.. :confused:, so forget about any other update in 2 months.. honestly, this is the way people should think right now, because cryptic didnt let them to think otherwise. And i am really sorry to say this, but it is a fact. If you still think cryptic is a saint, and they are doing "everything they can" to fix the game, then dude, you are from another planet, trust me. I wish i have other star trek game out there, STO will be literally dead. Sadly. And thats the only reason the game is surviving year after year, but honestly, seeing the devs are doing nothing, i cant even believe that they are charging people with monthly subscriptions, lifetime subs (you need to be really dumb or stupid to buy a lifetime sub to cryptic, really..), abusive zen prices, etc. But of course, then again, this is the fault of the customers, not cryptic. Yes, i am angry but im really tired to see dumb people keep saying that cryptic is a saint, they are doing a great job, they need vacations, blah blab blah. Come on!!!.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    And how long do you think they'd stay in business after putting all of their eggs in the STO basket, my histrionic friend? :rolleyes:

Erm.. i think with only the cash cryptic is gathering in STO from so many dumb users, they have enough to survive.. trust me xD. :D

How a really promising game like STO has evolved into this???, sigh, i will never understand.

The problem is, cryptic want to be ruling 10 games at the same time, and of course, they dont have time to fix them, but they do have time to release new purchasable stuff, new content, new stupid lock boxes, new stupid locked ships, and a huge etc. See my point? i only hope the other games are so damaged as this one.... that will be really epic xD.
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, im sure they need about 50 people to fix this... come on!.

For god sake, they are the devs, the same people who is coding and maintaining the game, even 3 people should be able to fix it. Please, stop saying stupid things. But apparently, they need the whole team to fix anything, no matter wat. I dunno if this time "the winter vacations" is the excuse, but they are not fixing ANYTHING since a long time ago, there is no sense to say now that they are in vacations. Maybe they are on vacations since ages ago??? That is what you mean, right?

Because, when the team returns, they will fix the event calendar, but that will be a lot of work for em.. :confused:, so forget about any other update in 2 months.. honestly, this is the way people should think right now, because cryptic didnt let them to think otherwise. And i am really sorry to say this, but it is a fact. If you still think cryptic is a saint, and they are doing "everything they can" to fix the game, then dude, you are from another planet, trust me. I wish i have other star trek game out there, STO will be literally dead. Sadly. And thats the only reason the game is surviving year after year, but honestly, seeing the devs are doing nothing, i cant even believe that they are charging people with monthly subscriptions, lifetime subs (you need to be really dumb or stupid to buy a lifetime sub to cryptic, really..), abusive zen prices, etc. But of course, then again, this is the fault of the customers, not cryptic. Yes, i am angry but im really tired to see dumb people keep saying that cryptic is a saint, they are doing a great job, they need vacations, blah blab blah. Come on!!!.

Let me say this, as a Lifetime Player, don't speak for me or the majority! :mad: We support this game, it's quirks, it's downtimes and any and all of the idiotic content they choose to throw into it. We know what the TOS means and we also know that just because something goes down, doesn't give you the right to rage in a forum about Lifetime Players and what we have supported these past 4 years in order for YOU to play. Our wallets and devotion and love for this game goes far and beyond what you choose to trade in or grind for. Shame on you for this post and the labeling of it's playerbase. I may NOT agree with some of the things that are posted on this forum, but I'll be damned if people like you continuously slam what most of us LIFETIME players have done to keep this game alive and everything the dev team has done to attempt to keep this game going. If you don't like it, grab a tissue, uninstall the game, and exit stage left.

To Cryptic, he doesn't represent me as a Lifetime Player and I fully support everything you do to fix the broken, input new content or anything else that carries our sorry, unsupported toons to year 5.
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...never mind, it will fall on deaf ears...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    One question: Who made him the 'Lifetime Sub Leader'? :rolleyes:

No one did, since when did it matter to a free to play toon?:eek: Try posting something to topic like gameplay and game issues instead of creating an issue off someone else's rage one posts on. Either way.. back to the game. Enjoy. ;)
  • Options
    destyriandestyrian Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forgive me if there is a topic which I did not find previous to posting this topic (I did look).

In-game the "Today's events" calendar is blank. It's been like this since new year. I am wondering if they are making a new one for this year and haven't posted it yet or there was an update which bugged my game.

I only ask because I made a new character and want to do the mirror universe event to level swiftly.

Thanks.
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As I recall, when the calendar rolled over to January 1, it messed up the Event Calendar for an as of yet unknown reason....

Odds are, this'll be fixed with the next update...; I keep forgetting the game even -has- an event calendar.... <_<;
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    destyriandestyrian Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    capemike4 wrote: »
    As I recall, when the calendar rolled over to January 1, it messed up the Event Calendar for an as of yet unknown reason....

Odds are, this'll be fixed with the next update...; I keep forgetting the game even -has- an event calendar.... <_<;

Yeah everyone forgets that it is there until they decide to grind marks or roll a new character :P Thanks for the input, it's good to know that it's not just a bug with my install.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, it did break as of 1/1/2014.

Branflakes indicated that they are aware of it, and it should be released in a patch, maybe this week's.

The down side of the event calendar missing, is that nothing runs. So the Marks Event, you don't get any bonus marks for doing STFs. And the Academy Event, you can't scan the particle traces... and so forth, until they get it running again.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    Let me say this, as a Lifetime Player, don't speak for me or any other lifetime player!:mad: We support this game, it's quirks, it's downtimes and any and all of the idiotic content they choose to throw into it. We know what the TOS means and we also know that just because something goes down, doesn't give you the right to rage in a forum about Lifetime Players and what we have supported these past 4 years in order for YOU to play. Our wallets and devotion and love for this game goes far and beyond what you choose to trade in or grind for. Shame on you for this post and the labeling of it's playerbase. I may NOT agree with some of the things that are posted on this forum, but I'll be damned if people like you continuously slam what most of us LIFETIME players have done to keep this game alive and everything the dev team has done to attempt to keep this game going. If you don't like it, grab a tissue, uninstall the game, and exit stage left.

To Cryptic, he doesn't represent me as a Lifetime Player and I fully support everything you do to fix the broken, input new content or anything else that carries our sorry, unsupported toons to year 5.

But, but, lifetime members suck.
    <---*forum title*
    TRIBBLE. Nevermind.

I too get aggravated when someone on the forum tries to speak for me. If feels like they are putting words in my mouth and telling others that I agree with them. It makes us look bad when someone does that to us. :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    But, but, lifetime members suck.
    <---*forum title*
    TRIBBLE. Nevermind.

I too get aggravated when someone on the forum tries to speak for me. If feels like they are putting words in my mouth and telling others that I agree with them. It makes us look bad when someone does that to us. :mad:

As you should, under the TOS and what you bought into, you've excepted everything that is wrong with the game. Get used to it, it's not like you are going to get your money back even if you tried, you've already acknowledged this game has flaws and still, you are as much devoted as any gold player. :D