test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly Events All Showed Ended (even future ones) *On Tribble for testing*

rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Was looking forward to the 3am mirror invasion tonight, but its already "ended"

Its 240 am my time. Ended before its even begun I guess.

Also, every event listed is showing as "ended", even the one thats supposed to be running right now, and all future ones.

http://i.imgur.com/8XrBacB.jpg
Gold.jpg
Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, same here

I didn't do a queued event during the bonus hour, anyone know if it still counted and its just the calendar messed up? Kind of think it wouldn't work if the Mirror queue doesn't show.

Edit: someone just spotted it says the 30th on the events. Pity you can't scroll to the next day (today).
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, you know what that clearly means: DOOM IS UPON US! THE ENDTIMES ARE NIGH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I and others were kicked-out by the game last night, and today the events calendar is broken. Unless you go there and take the missions and try it,you have no idea if e.g. it's the mining event, bonus marks, etc, so let's be clear about this: this is a very serious issue that affects gameplay and the rewards.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    absolutbritishabsolutbritish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem still persists. The calender shows mostly yesterday's events up to this morning's Bonus Mark event (all ended).

It currently is Dec 31st 2013, 15:40 GMT + 1 here, the last visible event is Dec 31st, 7:00 am - 09:00 am - ENDED.

Some people see as much as I can see, some other people see more after a while. Another player said Mirror was on after the Bonus Marks, he saw it after doing another PVE Queue - but there wasn't a PVE queue available for the Mirror Incursion for any of us.

So far I haven't encountered a single player that has a functioning calender. Events that you can only access via PVE Queue (like Mirror) can't be accessed at all.

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/279319/calenderbug0193.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The bonus event should be an hour later going by every other day. It goes +1 every day normally and I have done an event for the past 4 hours and no bonus. The bonus should be now but nothing.

Let's hope the dancing event is on time otherwise I will have to stop playing...

Is the calendar what is broken (time wise) or the code behind it giving the rewards and setting the queued events?
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup, never encountered this one before.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes, the in-game calendar seems to be broken. It's being discussed in the Bug Reports forum.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    radakill wrote: »
    ROFL.. seriously? Is nothing sacred and at least *slightly* bug proof?
    I'm not sure why you would think that.

Right now, it's questionable whether the events are even happening. I'm not sure if increased rewards, etc. are being handed out.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,033 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The ingame calendar ended at the end of Dec 30th PST.

Clearly, Dec 31st has been cancelled.

Please update the Calendar so that it works again.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing with me. Was going to run the Tour, which was scheduled at three P.M. EST. But it's showing as ended and the four o'clock event as active.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was looking forward to the 3am mirror invasion tonight, but its already "ended"

Its 240 am my time. Ended before its even begun I guess.

Also, every event listed is showing as "ended", even the one thats supposed to be running right now, and all future ones.

http://i.imgur.com/8XrBacB.jpg

Look at the date on it. It shows December 30. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you posted this thread on December 31.

Edit: This must have something to do with the server hamster falling off the wheel yesterday after drinking too much. I'm guessing when they brought the servers back up it didn't update the upcoming event schedule for some reason.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Might have something to do with the servers flaking out and going down for a little while yesterday. It seems some scheduled things in the game aren't showing properly. Maybe they haven't updated yet or something.
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah mine seems to be 3 hours out.
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, you know what that clearly means: DOOM IS UPON US! THE ENDTIMES ARE NIGH!

LOL and my calendar is broke too. :(
  • Options
    devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There do not appear to be any events scheduled for December 31st. The last event ended on December 30th.
    Daedalus-STO.png
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, what's the event bonus right now???
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've merged two threads together since it's all about the same issue.

Unfortunately since it is New Years Eve, a lot of the staff are on vacation till next week if I remember correctly. :( Though I know Brandon is back in office Thursday so there will be hopefully a response at the least by then. (Because I'll prod him hehe)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's roughly twenty-four hours behind. Just me or is everyone getting this?

EDIT; The Events calender, I mean.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    It's roughly twenty-four hours behind. Just me or is everyone getting this?

EDIT; The Events calender, I mean.

Yes, we know.
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why don't you guys just turn off the VISA paying system during off-office hours? You guys are not providing services and we are still paying?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »

Unfortunately since it is New Years Eve, a lot of the staff are on vacation till next week if I remember correctly. :( Though I know Brandon is back in office Thursday so there will be hopefully a response at the least by then. (Because I'll prod him hehe)

Merge it with the 'Dancing Event' topic since that will now be a day later since the 'Cryptic Calendar' has lost a day. Too late now... guess it will be the same again next year. I will put it on my calendar which doesn't loose any fricking pages or days.

I got a dykyr a long time ago and just got it again recently.. and someone said in chat about the shuttle being invisible.. I was like wth?? that got fixed a long time ago... guess not.

Oh, may be I should play some exploration missions. I remember a bug where in Open Beta where my boffs and enemy would end up Underground
    The Jam wrote:
    We talk and we talk until my head explodes
    I turn on the news and my body froze
    These braying sheep on my TV screen
    Make this boy shout, make this boy scream!

Going underground, I'm going underground!
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    ITS Y2K all over again....!:eek::eek::eek:
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    You know I am always wondering what the next big **** up by Cryptic will be. It is always even better than I could ever expect. Happy New Years to the most inept devs in the MMO industry.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »

Are you saying it might be a week before they fix the problem? Or did I read that wrong?
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    dewinuwadewinuwa Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thank you for the feedback askray!
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On the 30th after the servers went down and came back up, you couldn't see past 1:00am EST on the 31st. I signed off after 2:00am, and it never showed anything past 1. I had hoped it would have been fixed, but not yet.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got a dykyr a long time ago and just got it again recently.. and someone said in chat about the shuttle being invisible.. I was like wth?? that got fixed a long time ago... guess not.

A little off topic, but, yeah, I actually ran into this today. I'm not sure if it's invisible when you're flying it, but it doesn't have a preview in the ship selector.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    Are you saying it might be a week before they fix the problem? Or did I read that wrong?

Not at all! Apologies if you read it that way :) just i know a lot of devs are out till next week but doesnt mean it cant ve fixed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113