test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jeffrey Combs Joins the Cast of Victory is Life!

Comments

• Options
    reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Wasn't the last Weyoun clone killed? Its easily rectified though as the original template is probably in the gamma quadrant. Always loved Weyoun, not bothered about brunt though lol.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I wish we'd get to witness the return of Marc Alaimo as Gul Dukat, but that's probably asking for too much <.<
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    He did tell someone that he was the last of his line due to the cloning facility being blown up.

Bringing in brunt is something I can't see them doing unless its for some (pointless) side story distraction episode thats best left out because those don't tend to add to the main plot and come across as rushed or a halfbaked concept.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    26th March? Why hasn't this been noticed until now?

I guess the Founders saw fit to resume the Weyoun clone line well past the nine clones Vorta are allowed. Would seem odd though considering such matters are beneath the founders. It's possible Odo had some hand in this but why he would do such a thing is just as much of a mystery considering what Weyoun is capable of. What does this mean for Loriss? is another star trek online character going to be neglected like all the rest?

finally it would be nice to get an up to date victory is life poster with all the characters that are revealed in their places.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    :):):)

Ok, to prevent myself from typing my most simplistic comment ever, I'll add: this is awesome news.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Weyoun as a character was, pardon my French, an TRIBBLE lol.

Jeffrey Combs is an amazing actor though, especially regarding his voice mastery and the subtlety of his intonation. It will be amazing to hear him in the game.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    I'm not sure why this was buried, and apparently you could locate it if you followed some clues somewhere, that's what I was told. I just hope it isn't some sort of hoax.

interesting. i wasn't aware of it but if it was one of those social networking site things? then i would never be aware of it. That aside.

With both Jeffery and Andy J. on board, it will be a unique encounter on STO xD
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    reafis wrote: »
    Wasn't the last Weyoun clone killed? Its easily rectified though as the original template is probably in the gamma quadrant. Always loved Weyoun, not bothered about brunt though lol.

The last clone in the Alpha Quadrant,.. who's to say there weren't more in the Gamma Quadrant?
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Hopefully no hoax, because Brunt is gonna be fantastic B) *checks for signs if the FCA is investigating her financial dealings*
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Good news, and very logical given that we will now presumably get Weyoun for the Dominion bits AND Brunt to interact with Quark.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    That leaves just two names. So far we have Quark, Odo, Kira, Weyoun/Brunt, Nog, Martok, Bashir, Garik, that is 8.

So who are the last two?

One likely has to to Ezri, aka Nicole Boer. The other could be Jadzia some how, Jake Sisko, Cassidy Yates, Gul Dukat, O'Brien.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Ezri! Ezri! Ezri!

latest?cb=20120329224208&path-prefix=en

Yea... if anyone hasn't noticed yet... I'm rooting for Ezri. I mean we have a Story Blog that establishes she's still around AND a Captain. Remember that blog after K-13 was found?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maybe its leeta (real one not holo or evil empress) and rom which would also tie in with quark, nog and possibly brunt.

Ezri would be a welcome addition though.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    who made it through this weekend’s Star Trek Online hidden puzzles

what was the puzzle?
  • Options
    it is clear one is a short haired character and another is a long haired character.

I have half way entertained the idea that Salome Jens will play a small part in the game and the Jem'Hadar raised on DS9 before departing for his people might make an entrance with a name of his own, the character was played by Bumper Robinson.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Doesn't surprise me. I expected it as soon as they said 10 actors were returning and there were actually 11 characters shown - it implies a dual role, and who else on DS9 did dual roles? Given the context, mirror universe stuff wouldn't really be applicable
    Dukat is dead, good riddance

No he isn't, though i'd say he probably wishes he was. Its easy to miss but sisko asked if he was dead and was told 'he is where he belongs, with the pah wraiths' and said that with the book destroyed he was essentially stuck there.

So he pretty much got the lucifer treatment - locked in a cage with what I would assume are some very angry pah wraiths
    it is clear one is a short haired character and another is a long haired character

Indeed. Both look female from the hair and builds but I can't think of anybody who would have a hairstyle like the one in the front, so i'm thinking that might be throwing people off and it might actually be worf with his hair down. Though that doesn't explain what very much looks like a female build and body language. The other looks like it has something like a pixie cut, so i'm thinking its ezri
    and the Jem'Hadar raised on DS9 before departing for his people might make an entrance with a name of his own

Given that happened over 30 years ago I would think that he would be long dead at this point
    what was the puzzle?

Thats what I was wondering, I haven't seen or heard anything about any 'weekend puzzles' Was it a facebook or twitter thing that wasn't announced here or something? If so it should have been, thats a definite TRIBBLE up on the part of the marketing department
    He did tell someone that he was the last of his line due to the cloning facility being blown up.

Ehh that was never particularly well thought out. He was never going to be the last. After all he was from the gamma quadrant, it stands to reason they would have samples of all of the vorta lines kept there, to prevent just that kind of situation from happening
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I asked about it. It is. The starting point of the puzzle was on a Facebook post.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I asked about it. It is. The starting point of the puzzle was on a Facebook post.

It would of been nice if there was at least some mention on the STO forum or on the news section on the landing page, i mean it is obviously important to ViL and not something that should be obscued in such a way to keep it off STO's own site.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    @mirrorchaos I'm sure it will be officially announced more widely now that it's known that the puzzle was solved. But as you can see, the announcement linked in the OP is on the website.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @mirrorchaos I'm sure it will be officially announced more widely now that it's known that the puzzle was solved.

Maybe Jeffrey will end up on a twitch stream next week with the official annoucement? that would be epic!
    anyway, it's cool.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    If at some point Brunt says "Quark, I needed that" I will soil myself from laughing
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It would of been nice if there was at least some mention on the STO forum or on the news section on the landing page, i mean it is obviously important to ViL and not something that should be obscued in such a way to keep it off STO's own site.

Sorry, but "of" is not a verb, it's a preposition. You meant to write "It would have been nice..."

But I agree, Cryptic's/PWEs practice to neglet their own forums is a bit weird.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

Sorry, but "of" is not a verb, it's a preposition. You meant to write "It would have been nice..."​​

normally i would react to people pointing out flaws in the way i write, but i have never been that well versed in my mother tongue that well because of my mental disabilities growing up, that is obviously no ones fault. i'm afraid that door was opened by yourself and i will close it here to keep the off topic to a minimum. Thank you for the concern, i do appreciate it :smile:.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    normally i would react to people pointing out flaws in the way i write, but i have never been that well versed in my mother tongue that well because of my mental disabilities growing up, that is obviously no ones fault. i'm afraid that door was opened by yourself and i will close it here to keep the off topic to a minimum. Thank you for the concern, i do appreciate it :smile:.

That's no personal criticism, it is a very, very common mistake made by a lot of people for whatever reason. I would have pointed it out with anyone because I just don't get it pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    We all thought Weyoun gone, but it seems the Founders... RE-ANIMATED him.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    We all thought Weyoun gone, but it seems the Founders... RE-ANIMATED him.

Which I find... fitting. :D
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.