test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jeffrey Combs Joins the Cast of Victory is Life!

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @iamynaught said:
    > jexsamx wrote: »
    > We all thought Weyoun gone, but it seems the Founders... RE-ANIMATED him.
    >
    > Which I find... fitting. :D

Lol, I'd have said Frightening, but thats cause Coombs was in The Frighteners as well.
    that or he acquired a Guyver... :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I think the long haired one is Worf and the other is Ezri.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    26th March? Why hasn't this been noticed until now?

I guess the Founders saw fit to resume the Weyoun clone line well past the nine clones Vorta are allowed. Would seem odd though considering such matters are beneath the founders. It's possible Odo had some hand in this but why he would do such a thing is just as much of a mystery considering what Weyoun is capable of. What does this mean for Loriss? is another star trek online character going to be neglected like all the rest?

finally it would be nice to get an up to date victory is life poster with all the characters that are revealed in their places.

Methinks you have DS9 mixed up with Doctor Who there (besides, Weyoun only got to eight). AFAIK there's no stated limit to the number of times Vorta can be cloned, though it is probable that any new Weyoun won't personally remember a lot of what happened to the previous versions.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Well, I thoroughly enjoyed Vorta and Ferengi on DS9...

(And also, which is beside the point of this thread: the Cardassians. Yay, Garak!)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    There is no other person I respect more than Weyoun, he always spoke his mind regardless of the Subject.... I will look forward to seeing him in the game

Oh, and I see Garak is back, excellent, I have some shirts that are in dire need of mending

But in all seriousness I LOVE JEFFERY COMBS!!

I say get your money worth Cryptic redo the voice work of Shon!!

have Jeffery Combs do the voice of Shon!!

It would be AMAZING!!! hearing that man do the speech at the end of Midnight

I mean COME ON!! Jeffery Combs does some amazing Voice work and THAT'S THE VOICE THAT NEEDS TO COMMAND THE ENTERPRISE

Shran was one of the best parts of Enterprise and I know you guys had Shran in your head when you made Shon SO COME ON lets do it

...But anywho...Death to all Bajorans
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    26th March? Why hasn't this been noticed until now?

I guess the Founders saw fit to resume the Weyoun clone line well past the nine clones Vorta are allowed. Would seem odd though considering such matters are beneath the founders. It's possible Odo had some hand in this but why he would do such a thing is just as much of a mystery considering what Weyoun is capable of. What does this mean for Loriss? is another star trek online character going to be neglected like all the rest?

finally it would be nice to get an up to date victory is life poster with all the characters that are revealed in their places.

Methinks you have DS9 mixed up with Doctor Who there (besides, Weyoun only got to eight). AFAIK there's no stated limit to the number of times Vorta can be cloned, though it is probable that any new Weyoun won't personally remember a lot of what happened to the previous versions.

Memory Alpha states that Vorta clones are able remember what their previous clone has done, through some sort of special Dominion technology. So Weyoun 9 or whatever would retain memories from the other 8 clones.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    No thanks. Shon is good as he is.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    > @vegeta50024 said:
    > Memory Alpha states that Vorta clones are able remember what their previous clone has done, through some sort of special Dominion technology. So Weyoun 9 or whatever would retain memories from the other 8 clones.

Generally, yes, but remember that Weyoun 8 was killed by Garak after his cloning facility was destroyed by the Cardassian rebels, and while the Dominion forces in the Alpha Quadrant were cut off from home by the Prophets. The last backup they're likely to have of his memories in the Gamma Quadrant is Weyoun 5.

(That is of course assuming that Vorta clone-resurrection works kinda like Cylons in nBSG, with a maximum transmission range and so forth. And it seemed to, given Weyoun 8's comment about how he could be the last Weyoun.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    Yeah unless the Dominion had Weyoun 8's memories in storage somewhere it seems unlikely that Weyoun 9 would have his memories.

As for replacing Loriss I dout it, as she's different enough from Weyoun having this slight playful teasing to her, replacing Erun on the other hand that I could see as he was always a poor man's Weyoun without the "used car saleman" charm Combs was able to bring to the role of Weyoun.

As for replacing Shon, I don't see why, just because Combs played 1 Andorian captain he should play them all and I most certainly don't want Shon to become Shran 2.0
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    (That is of course assuming that Vorta clone-resurrection works kinda like Cylons in nBSG, with a maximum transmission range and so forth. And it seemed to, given Weyoun 8's comment about how he could be the last Weyoun.)
    I was envisioning it as being more like the processes in Varley's Eight Worlds stories, or Gold Cross insurance in Car Wars (or for that matter the life-extension process introduced not that long ago in Schlock Mercenary), where one has to "back up" one's memories every so often and when one dies, one's clone doesn't get the memories that happened between the last backup and death. So Weyoun 8 said he "could be" the last Weyoun, because the Alpha clone bank was destroyed and the Prophets had closed the wormhole to Dominion passage, so there'd be no clones coming from there until/unless the wormhole was opened again.

That does not indicate that the Founders would never, ever decide to grow a Weyoun line again, it just means that Weyoun 9 (or higher) won't remember the life of Weyoun 8 (and sadly will have lost the important life lesson that one should never, ever turn one's back on a captured Klingon).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    We need a Magnificent Ferengi type episode, what's the worse that could go wrong?
    :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      > @jonsills said:
      > I was envisioning it as being more like the processes in Varley's Eight Worlds stories, or Gold Cross insurance in Car Wars (or for that matter the life-extension process introduced not that long ago in Schlock Mercenary), where one has to "back up" one's memories every so often and when one dies, one's clone doesn't get the memories that happened between the last backup and death.

Ooh, classic. Or alternatively Peter F. Hamilton's Pandora's Star series.
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
      talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
      Jeffrey Combs is joining in? OUTSTANDING!
      afMSv4g.jpg
      Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
      It's gone live on the NEWS page now, so it's 100% official.

Nice work Cryptic! I've been a fan of his since Re-Animator 1-2 and From Beyond.
    • Options
      lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

It went 'live on the news page' 2 weeks ago
    • Options
      lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

No it didn't. that was the whole point of this thread.

Uh huh:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10851354

News announcement. Date posted: Monday, March 26 2018
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
      You know... I just thought of something...

Didn't the guy who played Dukat also play Gul Macet in TNG? What's Macet doing these days anyways?
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
      Yeah, Marc Alaimo played both those roles.
    • Options
      foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

No it didn't. that was the whole point of this thread.

Uh huh:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10851354

News announcement. Date posted: Monday, March 26 2018

Just because it was posted 2 weeks ago, doesnt mean the page was hidden until a later date. Nice trick you can do on webpages, you still "post" the information, but have it set to go live later.

This is also "new" news. We didnt know about this news until they announced it, regardless of the webpage post date on the article.

pjxgwS8.jpg
    • Options
      rattler2 wrote: »
      You know... I just thought of something...

Didn't the guy who played Dukat also play Gul Macet in TNG? What's Macet doing these days anyways?

Well, no word in STO, but novel sources have Macet surviving the Dominion War and staying with the postwar Cardassian government.

Marc Alaimo might be willing to reprise the role, but he's possibly retired from acting: he's 75 and IMDb only lists four roles for him from 2000-2010 and nothing since.
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      wasn't that romulan tomalok?​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      wasn't that romulan tomalok?​​

no, Tomalak was played by the late Andreas Katsulas who has been gone for 12 years now.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    • Options
      alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
      Marc Alaimo might be willing to reprise the role, but he's possibly retired from acting: he's 75 and IMDb only lists four roles for him from 2000-2010 and nothing since.
      All roles after DS9 were just VOs...
    • Options
      avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
      Well the last few things he did was voice acting for a few games besides for the one of a cartoon, maybe he is more likely to do voice acting than actual acting.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      We got that one Klingon guy, isn't he a politician more than an actor these days?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg