What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Discovery Lock Box!

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Nice work guys but i'll pass on these thank you . The traits aren't something i'd use and the aesthetics of the ships don't appeal to me either .

I'll sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until maybe just maybe one day you'll get round to releasing a T6 Vor'cha. You know the ship that has appeared in 4 Star Trek Series and is glaringly missing from the KDF lineup of canon ships
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Nice work guys but i'll pass on these thank you . The traits aren't something i'd use and the aesthetics of the ships don't appeal to me either .

I'll sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until maybe just maybe one day you'll get round to releasing a T6 Vor'cha. You know the ship that has appeared in 4 Star Trek Series and is glaringly missing from the KDF lineup of canon ships

we'll get that when they feel giving the feds a lightish powerful battlecrusier and not a moment sooner. so maybe this summer.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @mustrumridcully0 said:
    > This stuff looks all pretty interesting. I wasn't expecting it this soon.
    >
    > Going by the ZEFilms video (great work as usual!), the Crossfield variant will actually have a modeled bridge in the exterior. The level of detail ship models are getting these days is pretty impressive.
    > The Walker Class apparently doesn't have that, though.
    >
    > (Link to Video: )
    >
    > It seems the Crossfield will have Intel seats (going by its traits), which seems reasonably appropriate, though Miracle Worker might also fit (since it's basically using miracle tech).

If you notice, you see the fighters that come with it, that look pretty cool.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    oh yes the Mirror Universe bridge and outfits would be nice
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So, "most massive and powerful Intelligence vessel ever offered"

"light-cruiser"

T'Laru carrier says hi as it blots out the sun.

Ehh...what worries me more is these 23rd century ships are going to be more powerful than 25th century ships.

I agree, same went for the Kelvin ship
    hunterpdx1 wrote: »

Ehh...what worries me more is these 23rd century ships are going to be more powerful than 25th century ships.

Welcome to STO. Its been happening since years ago, mate. If you are worried about that, probably you didnt play the game in these past 4 years? lol.

Most powerful intelligence ship ever...considering major intelligence ships weren't even developed till the 25th century? Thing will probably have cloak...which is a big no-no...Klingon ship shouldn't even have cloak but it does.

TRIBBLE just tossing canon out the window.

I think of it more as CBS grabbing canon as it walks by the window, dragging it inside, pummeling it to death with a spore drive and stuffing the body into the mycelium network.

They killed cannon

Cryptic/STO can only do what they are allowed to do by CBS. Im glad the ships are in the game, sad its in a box, they will go for 1.5 bil on the exchange and be way too high for 99% of the player base.
    Post edited by tarran61 on
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Well the show may be terrible, but it's technological aesthetic fits in surprisingly well with STO. Especially the Shenzhou IMO.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It is believed that this massive vessel dates back to the original founding of the Klingon Empire, thousands of years ago.
    Is that fact about the Sarcophagus Class from the series or thought up by the STO people? Because the Klingon Empire hasn't reached the 'thousands of years' mark, it would be 1609 at max by STO time.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    that's the second one now...where was it stated anywhere on screen that the klingon empire achieved space travel in the human year 801 (which is what 2410 - 1609 gets) or 1500 (which is what the earlier post claimed)?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Its been confirmed on twitter guys, no unique bridges for the Discovery ships. Just need to find the link again
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    that's the second one now...where was it stated anywhere on screen that the klingon empire achieved space travel in the human year 801 (which is what 2410 - 1609 gets) or 1500 (which is what the earlier post claimed)?​​
    On screen? Nowhere, just like the length of the original Connie class was never stated on screen.

The Klingons achieved warp travel in 930AD according to the Star Trek Star Charts however.

The MA entry for 9th century lists 2 citations for Kahless founding the Empire during that rough timeframe; TNG episode "Rightful Heir" & DS9 episode "The Sword of Kahless". The page for Klingon history also lists them.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I hope to god all the stuff is stupidly hard to get just like the TOS T-6 ships were. What Cryptic did was a disservice to the community and if this Discovery stuff is easy to get it's even more of an insult.
  • Options
    tyler002 wrote: »
    The MA entry for 9th century lists 2 citations for Kahless founding the Empire during that rough timeframe; TNG episode "Rightful Heir" & DS9 episode "The Sword of Kahless". The page for Klingon history also lists them.
    Yes, the empire has existed for 1,000ish years, but the question @shadowfang240 asked was about space travel.

We knew roughly when the empire was founded, but not when they achieved space flight.

I never said anything about space travel, only the age of the Empire. Which is not 'thousands of years old' like the blog claims.

Are you getting the conversions mixed-up? I notice you quoted me, but changed the name to someone else.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Its been confirmed on twitter guys, no unique bridges for the Discovery ships. Just need to find the link again

If that is correct, then that is a massive disappointment! These lock box and Lobi ships are supposed to be premium items but it would seem that PWE is getting lazy with the polish they once offered with these expensive ships.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    i asked specifically about space travel, because that's what a date involving a starship would tie to best - but if the empire ITSELF was founded in the 9th century, then yeah - the sarcophagus would have to be younger than that, which means it certainly ISN'T 'thousands' of years old...it's a thousand and a few hundred at best

so yeah, cryptic TRIBBLE up again...unless CBS is planning to retcon the date of the empire's achievement of space travel (and therefore it's founding) as well​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    i asked specifically about space travel, because that's what a date involving a starship would tie to best - but if the empire ITSELF was founded in the 9th century, then yeah - the sarcophagus would have to be younger than that, which means it certainly ISN'T 'thousands' of years old...it's a thousand and a few hundred at best

so yeah, cryptic **** up again...unless CBS is planning to retcon the date of the empire's achievement of space travel (and therefore it's founding) as well​​

Well in Episode 1 of Discovery when they scan the "Klingon" ship they mention it was covered in coffins with bodies some dating back thousands of years. So you tell me if they didn't have spaceflight and the ability to launch until fairly recent times how could they have coffins and bodies thousands of years old stuck to the ship...
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

so yeah, cryptic **** up again...unless CBS is planning to retcon the date of the empire's achievement of space travel (and therefore it's founding) as well​​

Well in Episode 1 of Discovery when they scan the "Klingon" ship they mention it was covered in coffins with bodies some dating back thousands of years. So you tell me if they didn't have spaceflight and the ability to launch until fairly recent times how could they have coffins and bodies thousands of years old stuck to the ship...

You can steal a 2000 year old mummy out of a history museum and glue it to the side of an aircraft carrier. Doesn't make the aircraft carrier 2000 years old.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

More laziness, just like with the NX.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I just wish the TOS material could be used on the Discovery ships. Would be interesting to see what they're supposed to look like.
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Seriously? A lock box? Is this E.A.?

I get it. It's income. But... considering how barren this game is after adding console, and the stupid high price these things fetch on the exchange, it's not worth it to gamble for the ship, especially when it's only one item per box. SWTOR gives 5-6 items per pack. Put the ships in the C-store. The rest I can see them being in a lock box of some sort.

I did the craft, upgrade, and pray for long enough. I did the duty officer price thing. I am bored with it now. I hit 20 mil and haven't been able to get any higher. These ships are going to go for 300mil+. The economy is busted and only for the rich. Hopefully the reengineer system fixes that to some degree.

I would love to have the ships. But this game isn't worth the cost it would take to attempt to get a ship.

This is as bad, if not worse than E.A. and Battlefront 2. It is pay to win with gambling. You pay real money, for fake money, to buy a key, to open a box with ONE chance at 7 things (not including the variants of each thing) with barely any chance at the bigger things. All lock boxes with ships. Not having a way to get ONLY ships. No way to get any through direct sales.

TL;DR
    They look cool and it's some cool stuff. But it sucks because it's lock box. No. Just no. Players can't have the items they'd like to have and play with if they are stuck behind a gamble wall.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I just wish the TOS material could be used on the Discovery ships. Would be interesting to see what they're supposed to look like.

I'ld settle for being able to make the sarcophagus ship look something look a normal klingon ship. my main could really use a nice t-6 carrier.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I've been waiting for KDF to get a Tier 6 carrier since the Jupiter class was announced in late 2015, and when it finally arrived it was a rare drop in a gamble box.

Yeah, no. I'll pass.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I love this hasn't been a lockbox to interest me since the hirogen one first came out. Plus was a perfect time for a dread kdf carrier to come out hopefully I can get the assembly line back up.
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    On another note, you people are derailing the topic by arguing about a universe that is comprised of retcon, in a game that is NOT CANNON.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Thanks for the awesome trait box feds, I'll be thinking of you while my bo heals my shields, casts a cpb, gives my pets a bo and now bonus torpedo justice...and brutal (brutal!) Impetus sounds like fun considering my ground builds excel in mass murder of multiple mobs at point blank range

...and even better, considering no sane individual would open up lockboxes on a kdf, I won't have to see many of those eyesores above Qo'nos :grin:

I think this has got to be the most KDF friendly lockbox in recent history!

Qapla'!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    So the best outfits in the show happens to be Klingon so you guys decide to not even offer it as a Lobi store item? Yet Feds get Discovery fleet uniforms for free.
    Enh, this is probably not the last time stuff from Disc will make it into the game. Next time, eh?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    On another note, you people are derailing the topic by arguing about a universe that is comprised of retcon, in a game that is NOT CANNON.

There's a lot of cannons in the game.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Aside from the Harry Mudd outfit, how about giving us the Discovery Starfleet Uniforms. Both Prime and Mirror universe.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    We got the Discovery uniforms as a free giveaway, it'd be surprising if they don't rerun it with this box coming out.