thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    wirtdd wrote: »
    I keep throwing my money to the screen but nothing happen :'(

That'll be the money trying to tell you not to waste it. :O

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Discovery is a travesty. It should be cancelled immediately, and forgotten. Don't put this non-canonical TRIBBLE in our game please....and nuke all the JJ TRIBBLE while you're at it. would much rather you guys spent the money/time on getting John de Lancie, and/or Patrick Stewart into the game...
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Failed Samurai ?
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    Mirror uniforms would have been nicer than the Mudd costume, I'll have it on my toon still because it's stylish
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      danny3421 wrote: »
      Will these be comeing to console as well as PC? Thanks!
      I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      I'm not talking only about the number of missions. I'm talking about their pace as well. Take Melting Pot for example. We finally find out a piece of the puzzle regarding the Tzenkethi genocidal campaign, namely, the crystals are actually eggs containing a lot of dangerous giant insects. Oh by the way, the campaign ends the next mission.

Like... really?
      You don't want to add a couple of episodes to explain the rest, like why the Autarch wants them dead, what he knows about them and how he managed to convince all Tzenkethi to commit many genocides to kill those things? Or an episode where you try diplomacy a bit harder with more moderate Tzenkethi like Neth Parr? Maybe a mission where you fight along her and her two buddies to get to know them a bit more, to make them a bit more interesting and not just guest stars or M. and Miss Exposition?

No? Everything will be poured in a single mission to end the Tzenkethi threat?

That's my issue with the current trend, potentially interesting characters reduced to a one-time appearance and maybe a mention in a blog, and resolution rushed after a slow start of the story.
      I find myself in agreement with you, sir: there are many interesting people and questions that don't get the exploration they deserve because there's some hurry to wrap the chapter up, as it were. Which brings us to ask the obvious question: why the hurry? And 'this is an MMO' can't be the answer - if I recall correctly, FF14 gives its story arcs more than enough time to develop properly, which is one of the reasons for its success. Could it be because they don't have enough creative heads on deck to properly deal with this and the upcoming Victory is Life arc simultaneously?
      I was kinda disappointed with the Drantzuli reveal with regard to the crystals. Personally, I can't see a bug infestation, even giant bug infestation, as an excuse for genocidal bombing of entire planets. I mean, how do these things even get from one planet to another to be a threat of that magnitude?
      Of course, we could be dealing with this universe's equivalent of Flood or Tyranids...
      BUT, if the crystals had turned out to be the "offspring" of a Crystalline Entity, then I could see the threat that they could pose to the galaxy. Imagine, rather than ground combat squashing bugs, it was space combat against multiple Crystalline Entities. It would've put the Tzenkethi in a much more sympathetic light, too, because some of the lore blogs seemed to indicate that the Tzenkethi have some regret for and struggle with what they are doing, but in the end it's serving a greater good from their point of view. We know what kind of threat even one Crystalline Entity is, so destroying an entire planet to prevent a horde of them from "hatching" makes sense. But wiping out an entire civilization over essentially a bug problem comes across as less noble than it would seem to have been initially presented.
      This... is really interesting. I hope the writing team saw this, because quite aside from the mystery of the CEs (and Tholian interest in them) is overdue for proper exploration, the dynamics and interplay that would come from this, as jrdobbsjr points out, just cry out for proper examination.
    • Options
      burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      Heh, the more I read, the more I think my theory about the drantzuli having sentient queens that hatch on bajors moon and so the trigger for a fight there (explaining the anniversary ship as either we'll have to fight bugships or Tzenkethi ships over Bajor, max props if we get to choose a side and thus the enemy..wishful thinking, but you never know) makes more and more sense

...All I can hope for is a protomatter torpedo misses the moon and hits its mother planet...
    • Options
      smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
      burstorion wrote: »
      Heh, the more I read, the more I think my theory about the drantzuli having sentient queens that hatch on bajors moon and so the trigger for a fight there (explaining the anniversary ship as either we'll have to fight bugships or Tzenkethi ships over Bajor, max props if we get to choose a side and thus the enemy..wishful thinking, but you never know) makes more and more sense

...All I can hope for is a protomatter torpedo misses the moon and hits its mother planet...

~face palm~
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      Dev's since Harry Kim and the Rhode Island play a big part in the Delta Rising Arc, after 3 and a half years of waiting for the Nova to get released as T6 will we eventually see it ?.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • Options
      buckrogers58buckrogers58 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      Hello,

So, the Discovery lockbox is comming and I don't know if someone is reading this, who can decide such things, but please, put the discovery ships and the uniforms in the foundryeditor, too. I've already managed to create a Kelpian, the DSC Klingons a mirror uniform (in the game) and i'm working on a Planet Pahvo RP-Foundry, images below.

The ships and the uniforms are the missing piece to create some awesome discoverystyle missions!

KcgLbZd.jpg

0mfkBXJ.png

LfpXBtp.jpg

YFBsebN.jpg

• Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Hello,

So, the Discovery lockbox is comming and I don't know if someone is reading this, who can decide such things, but please, put the discovery ships and the uniforms in the foundryeditor, too. I've already managed to create a Kelpian, the DSC Klingons a mirror uniform (in the game) and i'm working on a Planet Pahvo RP-Foundry, images below.

The ships and the uniforms are the missing piece to create some awesome discoverystyle missions!

KcgLbZd.jpg
      Do you have the tailor settings for your Kelpian? Because he's awesome, considering that the game has no settings particularly designed for Kelpians.

I think if there ever is a new Recruitment Special Event, I'm going to have to make one, I think.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
      The Crossfield-class Science Vanguard seems by all hints to be (yet another) full intel, but to better fit the spore drive role-play, wouldn't it be awesome if it had a somewhat modified version of pilot ship thrusters? Say, instead of animations, it's an instant teleport that can be done in rapid succession before entering a longer cool-down. It could be balanced by not having the damage immunity, so it becomes purely for a short burst of mobility. Also, transwarp in sector space should be drastically reduced to simulate the spore drive, and follow the animation, as well as perhaps unlock all those existing locations that require the lobi consumable item and more.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • Options
      buckrogers58buckrogers58 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      Do you have the tailor settings for your Kelpian? Because he's awesome, considering that the game has no settings particularly designed for Kelpians.

I think if there ever is a new Recruitment Special Event, I'm going to have to make one, I think.
      Sure, here.

MNx5UVS.jpg

• Options
      tallpaul86#9148 tallpaul86 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      Just waiting until this drops on console - like another user mentioned, glad I hoarded all my Lobi crystals!!
    • Options
      captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      I've mixed feelings about Discovery (I like the stories, but it's anchronistic), but I think it would've been great to have a Klingon ship equivalent (Bird-of-Prey or cruiser? Quite a few BoPs in the lockboxes, might as well go for a cruiser) of the Shenzhou for the Klingon Faction in the Lobi Store rather than do the usual cross-faction package in place of a ship.
    • Options
      captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      dragnridr wrote: »
      Hey look.....no Romulan love yet again......Why am I not surprised. Oh, BTW, Discovery is not doing very good. I doubt thise lockbox will fair any better. Plus they are ugly ships.....I'll pass on this round, yet again.

Having watched one of those 'After Trek' aftershows (oy, it's kinda of annoying), they were doing some winking about doing some Romulan stuff later on (considering how much they let continuity down on the show, I can see them decide to have the Romulans revealed as the long-lost cousins of Vulcans that they are before they were supposed to be.

So, until then, it's hard to get Romulan love at this time.

I don't know, seems like they could have let Cryptic make their own original Romulan ship. We never saw any Romulan ships in the Kelvin Timeline, (excluding the Narada), but Cryptic was allowed to make the Kelvin Timeline T'laru Warbird.

Just as well, considering that if JJ-Trek continues, they'll probably never cover the Romulans.

But who knows, maybe Bad Robot Productions may have done some possible designs for the Romulans when they were working on the 2009 Star Trek movie that they never got around having in the movie that they shared with STO?
    • Options
      autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 63 Arc User
      darakoss wrote: »
      There were no lockboxes in WoW, SWG, Everquest, BF1942, WW2 Online, ...etc.

BF1942 as in Battlefield 1942??? That wasn't a MMO at all!
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Too bad the ISS Charon wasn't revealed early enough to be part of this lockbox
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      MNx5UVS.jpg

Thanks, @buckrogers58 !

EDITMONSTERSACRIFICE
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,485 Arc User

ISS Charon? part of the latest Discovery episode release and the empresses flagship? Episode hasn't released here yet (bugger :)) but i suspect it at least has a cloak. Considering they didnt see anything on sensors until (spoiler spoiler, required level 9 clearence :) )
      pjxgwS8.jpg
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      foxman00 wrote: »

ISS Charon? part of the latest Discovery episode release and the empresses flagship? Episode hasn't released here yet (bugger :)) but i suspect it at least has a cloak. Considering they didnt see anything on sensors until (spoiler spoiler, required level 9 clearence :) )

No cloak has been shown, so idk about that part, but it's definitely a unique design
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      Okay, seen the stats. So far I like both the Crossfield and Walker's specs. I will admit I'm annoyed the Crossfield has a Temporal slot and not a Miracle Walker slot, considering the sheer 'huh?' the series tosses out as it's science. And even the spore drive console looks good. And as a sci player..I do like a tac aligned science. So...guess I'll use the EC I been saving.
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      4 base turn on the sarcophagus...yeah, good thing carriers don't need to turn​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Inertia of 20, base turn of 4, AND can equip Dual Cannons....How's about that for a great combination? For a tactical dreadnought carrier...Getting flashbacks of the T5-U Bloatasqu' all over again.
    • Options
      salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

That starship trait looks really good though, no?
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • Options
      yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      They actually made it look more era appropriate than the show. Well done.
      I of course are going to to call it the USS Fidget Spinner.
    • Options
      sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      Sure, here.

Do Kelpians high-five?

q4FZVA.jpg