What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Interior

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If the bridges themselves are not included, how many different interiors are currently on the interior map?

That would presumably be small, medium, large, Klingon, Romulan, TOS, and Belfast. This may also account for difficulties with adding lockbox interiors even though there are maps that would work as those for most lockbox ships.

What I'm now wondering is what happens if you change ships while a friend is on your interior and then go back to your interior.
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ok everyone, no promises, no guarantees, but we'll be looking into adding the trophy slots to the Voyager interior. Please understand that this is not a guarantee that they will be added, but we are going to see if we can get them to work.

well i want to say this weather you can get it in or not just by you trying is what makes you the best dev cryptic has .. thanks for all u do taco

• Options
    bd3648bd3648 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »
    well i want to say this weather you can get it in or not just by you trying is what makes you the best dev cryptic has .. thanks for all u do taco

i want to second this ! thanks TACOFANGS :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CAPTAIN There Be Romulans Here !
  • Options
    ash11dash11d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »

I'll Third this Thank you Taco for all u do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ALL HAIL TACOFANGS,what a good guy you are........

*****peace*****

btw Hail BA'AL
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That would presumably be small, medium, large, Klingon, Romulan, TOS, and Belfast. This may also account for difficulties with adding lockbox interiors even though there are maps that would work as those for most lockbox ships.

What I'm now wondering is what happens if you change ships while a friend is on your interior and then go back to your interior.

There isn't a map change between bridge and interior, I just loaded it up in demo record, they're same map.

Plus when using the turbo lift demo record doesn't stop like it normally does in map transitions.

Now, all 3 sizes of Interiors (Small medium and large) are on the same map. When interiors first hit tribble the mini-map used to show all of them.

Maybe that is what Taco meant?
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    There is no middle finger, at no point they said the interior would be included.

From what I understand its a replica of the Voyager sets (there was some talk about Astrometics), the only thing I managed to get is there are 2 options as far the mess hall is concerned, pre-Neelix (as seen in Caretaker) and Neelix version.

I soooo want a shootable Neelix that respawns after 90 seconds
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I soooo want a shootable Neelix that respawns after 90 seconds

All this Neelix rage. I like him & I really like how he developed over the course of Voy. I hope Mr. Phillips is one of the yet unannounced voiceactors reprising his role.

Love the though of him in the talaxian asteroid city-base nostalgica lost in old days of voy with a formal ambassador to deltaquadrant "rank" when suddenly a gargantuan fed/kdf/rr mixed fleet stops by to hold him up to it :D
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if this was asked but is the bridge finalised? Or could the LCARs be looked at for greater accuracy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if this was asked but is the bridge finalised? Or could the LCARs be looked at for greater accuracy?

Taco confirmed on Reddit that the LCARS will be staying blue, they didn't have enough time to make a whole new set of LCARS for the interior.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2cma64/my_comprehensive_picture_album_of_the_stlv_delta/cjh6fag

I'm fine with this, makes sense that the computer systems would have been upgraded over the years.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know this thread is about the upcoming Intrepid "interiors" but all the new Intrepid stuff has me wondering about the new exterior as well.

I know there is an updated exterior model for the classic Intrepid, but what about all the other optional exterior parts like the Cochrane class, Discovery class, and Bellerophon class?

Like many players, I like to customize the exterior of my Intrepid and it would be a shame if the classic Intrepid get's a really improved exterior surface textures and the other Intrepid variants still have older textures.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Taco confirmed on Reddit that the LCARS will be staying blue, they didn't have enough time to make a whole new set of LCARS for the interior.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2cma64/my_comprehensive_picture_album_of_the_stlv_delta/cjh6fag

I'm fine with this, makes sense that the computer systems would have been upgraded over the years.

you're scaring people. that's not what he said...
    "Unfortunately, we don't have time to make a full set of Voyager LCARS. We decided it was acceptable to at least use the 'new' standard we'd set a while ago, so that's what we're using."

they're using the new lcars that looks like lcars and not like andorian vomit. if it was gonna be the old blue computers from before the lcars revamp, than would take me from buying it (and the ship), to not buying it. it would definitely be a dealbreaker. but you can see in some of the pics that it's the more colorful, proper looking lcars.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    blevok wrote: »
    "Unfortunately, we don't have time to make a full set of Voyager LCARS. We decided it was acceptable to at least use the 'new' standard we'd set a while ago, so that's what we're using."

they're using the new lcars that looks like lcars and not like andorian vomit. if it was gonna be the old blue computers from before the lcars revamp, than would take me from buying it (and the ship), to not buying it. it would definitely be a dealbreaker. but you can see in some of the pics that it's the more colorful, proper looking lcars.

But the primary colour of the new LCARS standard is still blue.

That was what I was referring to.

I think you're the only person who thought that.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    blevok wrote: »

He means the interiors will use 2410 LCARS and not Voyager 2370's LCARS similar to what is used on the Belfast interiors.
  • Options
    liv11dliv11d Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hey taco can you tease us with some better pics of the ship ? does the rhode island ship getting a make over also ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bd3648bd3648 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    liv11d wrote: »
    hey taco can you tease us with some better pics of the ship ? does the rhode island ship getting a make over also ??

yes id like to know this also please thats if you can tell us TACO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CAPTAIN There Be Romulans Here !
  • Options
    edited August 2014

please TACO can you tell us?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Taco works on the interiors not the Exterior.
  • Options
    qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    The new Intrepid model actually uses the same textures as every other Starfleet vessel -- though there is a new unique window option that will be applicable to the variants.

The variants will have some adjustments in proportions to fit better with the more accurate proportions of the new Intrepid. As well as some other details being added. The majority of the vessels will remain familiar.

There are currently no plans to update the Rhode Island (Or it's variants). It may show up on our plate some day, but I can't make any promises, nor will I.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are currently no plans to update the Rhode Island (Or it's variants). It may show up on our plate some day, but I can't make any promises, nor will I.

IMO, the only update the Rhode Island needs is the main deflector - it should look like Voyager's, instead of the solid blue it has in-game. Other than that, it looks pretty spiffy.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The new Intrepid model actually uses the same textures as every other Starfleet vessel -- though there is a new unique window option that will be applicable to the variants.

The variants will have some adjustments in proportions to fit better with the more accurate proportions of the new Intrepid. As well as some other details being added. The majority of the vessels will remain familiar.

Fantastic news! Thank you for the clarification and explanation. It's much appreciated.

If you ever do decide to update the Rhode Island, I would be beyond thrilled. I'm sure a single vote towards updating doesn't count for much, but I for one would love to see it brought up to the standards of craftsmanship you and the current ship team are capable of.

Cheers, and thanks again for the information.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really, REALLY appreciate it when the devs are making/taking the time to respond to the players here in the forum.

I know we can be a royal pain, but having dev interaction here in the forums makes me feel better about the upcoming changes.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I'd love to see similar updates to the "hero" ships like the Sovereign and Galaxy, even at the cost of having to buy them again in T6 form (hint, hint). Those ships are why Trekkies play a Star Trek game, after all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Taco works on the interiors not the Exterior.

im talking about inside of ship not the outside we all know what voyager looks like we just want to see better pics of inside and if the rhode island will be getting overhaul also
    inside only
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    I don't know of any plans for an interior for the Nova/Rhode Island.

I'll ask about posting pictures, but generally that's all up to marketing.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know of any plans for an interior for the Nova/Rhode Island.

I'll ask about posting pictures, but generally that's all up to marketing.

I would be neat to get more canon interior sets from the shows in the game. Most of my fleet is rather excited about the Intrepid interior in large part because it's a better designed, more canonical looking interior. So stuff like a Galaxy, Sovereign, Nova, Excelsior, and so on custom interiors like this would be welcome. Even know people who'd love an NX bridge and interior.

Heck, I bought the DS9 pack pretty much entirely for the Belfast interior.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll be perfectly happy applying the Intrepid interior to my Rhode Island, assuming that will be possible.

And no, I don't care that the bridge is technically too big for the Nova class, or that the windows wouldn't line up with the ship model. :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

PLEASE lobi the powers that be to give you time to do similar to the akira, sovereign and galaxy class models too! they all desperately need love like this. and so do their costume variants
  • Options
    jonnescoutsjonnescouts Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After seeing the picture from voyager's bridge in today's defy log I have to say I'm impressed. There's one thing I have to niggle about though, is there any chance of getting a proper intrepid master situation display on the back panel? I don't mind if it's in the new lcars layout used by sto I fact tag would be expected but almost every ship has a MSD panel and the voyager one is just to iconic

I know you don't want to do custom lcars for voyagers interior and as I said I'm perfectly fine with that but one panel wouldn't be to much to ask would it? In any case the bridge looks great scale is perfect and I can't wait to own one but this addition would just be the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What I would like to ask... will it ever be possible to have a console on a bridge to activate red alert? (In the intrepid it is more noticeable as lights dim..) The console next to the Captain's Chair would be a perfect position ;)

Voyager and the Intrepid are by far my favourite ship. To see this getting some love now is fantastic news. I know that in Elite Force being on the bridge and seeing it at Condition Green and Red Alert was fantastic, It is a shame STO hasn't got that feature on bridges outside of a mission map.

(I also assume that if Voyager is in missions we may get to see the interior at Red Alert and thus it wouldn't be all that out of the realms of possibilities?)