test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Interior

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
While so much doom & gloom at superfluous stuff like more ship outsides with the comming addon lets praise the real deal & heart of Star Trek: Ship insides!

Any info out yet if the new intrepid interior will be modular like the Constitution*/free interior? (*which I did not bought not be cause its not awesome (it is awesome) but because I have not ship in use old enough for its style; several other ppl probably too).

With the sadly neglected amount of interior stuff released it would be awesome if it would be 3 different size with changeable bridge modular. Would love a new interior at my oddy but love the aquarius bridge to much to replace it.
Post edited by theanothername on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not to my knowledge, and it actually concerns me.

Right now, I got the feeling Cryptic is going to hose us with the Interiors again. People might remember when the Belfast came out, Cryptic gave the finger to players who bought the Defiant Interior Bridge Pack (which supposed to be a canonical interior, but wasn't). And instead of retroacting the Interior with the Bellerophon, they likely are going to create a new Bundle or a Tier 6 Intrepid that's going to have the interior. So those who bought the Bellerophon, the Tier 5 Intrepid Refit, and the Intrepid Interior bridge pack, will be getting a double middle finger.
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I'm excited at the potential possibility of having canon intrepid interiors for intrepid class ships, and other ships from the First Contact/late-TNG era, I'm still kinda iffy, as they still seem to get some details wrong. And Chair interactions are absolutely the pits. You sit on the command chair, and suddenly you can't do anything, except look like you're on the john....
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If it's done in the same quality as the Defiant interior and contains a Trophy room I'm satisfied :)
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Modular?"
    At this point, there is only one player ship interior made from the new Voyager stuff. It consists of 3 decks.

Deck 2: Transporter, Mess Hall

Deck 3: Captain's Quarters, Sickbay

Deck 11: Engineering, Astrometrics

Then, of course, there's the Bridge, which should have it's Ready Room and Briefing Rooms attached.

I believe (I may have missed one or two) that every chair in the interior should be sittable (except in some missions/where already occupied)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I believe (I may have missed one or two) that every chair in the interior should be sittable (except in some missions/where already occupied)

Will it be possible to update bridge interiors so that if you have enough Boffs to fill the number of seats, that those seats are filled by Boffs and not random, generic "X Officer" NPCs? It's a minor pet peeve, I grant you, but it's another nice touch to the game.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    ufpdewolfeufpdewolfe Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At this point, there is only one player ship interior made from the new Voyager stuff. It consists of 3 decks.

Then, of course, there's the Bridge, which should have it's Ready Room and Briefing Rooms attached.

So Voyager or interpid class interiors will feature in a mission? Ever since you guys brought on tuvok I have been playing Elite force again, still an awesome game after all these years. It will be cool to be back on voyager again.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    And Chair interactions are absolutely the pits. You sit on the command chair, and suddenly you can't do anything, except look like you're on the john....

Yeah, it's kinda sad that the old method of standing on something and using a sit emote looks a hundred times better than the interact sitting, because there's actual animation, not one awkward frozen pose. The female interact sitting pose isn't as bad as the male one, but still worse looking than using one of the emotes, which have actual animation to them.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ufpdewolfe wrote: »
    So Voyager or interpid class interiors will feature in a mission? Ever since you guys brought on tuvok I have been playing Elite force again, still an awesome game after all these years. It will be cool to be back on voyager again.

According to the Dev Panel, Voyager will be the first place you visit in the new expansion. There will be missions.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    (which supposed to be a canonical interior, but wasn't).

It was never advertised as such from what I can remember.
  • Options
    ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    According to the Dev Panel, Voyager will be the first place you visit in the new expansion. There will be missions.

TRIBBLE. Not a mini-game to survive Neelix's cooking, I hope.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014

Isn't there going to be two versions of the mess hall?

Or, will it be the actual Voyager ship will have the kitchen, and the player interior equivalent will just have the original mess hall (with just replicators)?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Quick question will npcs be in the voyager uniform like with the tos pack bridge?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Not to my knowledge, and it actually concerns me.

Right now, I got the feeling Cryptic is going to hose us with the Interiors again. People might remember when the Belfast came out, Cryptic gave the finger to players who bought the Defiant Interior Bridge Pack (which supposed to be a canonical interior, but wasn't). And instead of retroacting the Interior with the Bellerophon, they likely are going to create a new Bundle or a Tier 6 Intrepid that's going to have the interior. So those who bought the Bellerophon, the Tier 5 Intrepid Refit, and the Intrepid Interior bridge pack, will be getting a double middle finger.
    Those bridge packs aren't an entire interior, just a bridge with the regular interior attached - the Defiant bridge packs were NEVER considered "canon".
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Will it be possible to update bridge interiors so that if you have enough Boffs to fill the number of seats, that those seats are filled by Boffs and not random, generic "X Officer" NPCs? It's a minor pet peeve, I grant you, but it's another nice touch to the game.

The BOFF seating is a bit of a mess, I believe that the BOFFs on your interior are usually the same ones you beamed down with in the last mission for some reason

Hence, whenever I beam down to a one BOFF zone My bridge is all generic excpet for one BOFF.

( Side note, I am very glad that they wear Odyssy now since my BOFFS and characters do, so they look less out of place than they used too)
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Maybe bad wording on my side, sorry. Not an english native speaker :o

My hope is that, if this interior comes with a bridge, this is not mandatory like it is with the defiant interior. So I could choose for example the Aquarius bridge from the Oddy (or any other from bridge packs) together with the Intrepid interior.

Also what I'd like to know if it this interior has, like the constitution or the free interiors, three sizes. And if not would you rather place it the small, medium or big scale compared to the scales available?

Thank you for taking time talking about a red headed stepchild like interiors in a probably hectic time short before a major STO release. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Taco, if you're around I have two questions.

1. Does it have trophy slots? Those are really important to some of us, and it's a nice way to customize the interior.

2. Why don't you use existing interiors for ships who lack them? An example being the Tal'shiar Adapted Romulan ship. It has only a bridge, but an interior was created for it for the mission "Mind Game" Where you're indoctrinated. That interior contains everything from a brig, to an engineering bay, a lab, a lounge, a holodeck, a Sickbay, and a transporter room.
    I understand you will not create interiors for most new ships, but why not use the interiors when they actually exist in the files?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »

Or, will it be the actual Voyager ship will have the kitchen, and the player interior equivalent will just have the original mess hall (with just replicators)?

If I recall, the kitchen was actually the Captain's Mess. Neelix simply took the initiative to convert it into his kitchen.

Normally, Janeway would get her own private dining room -- possibly an officer's mess.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ereiid wrote: »
    TRIBBLE. Not a mini-game to survive Neelix's cooking, I hope.

It will be a mini mission where you have to mash the mouse buttons as quick as possible, to stop yourself from chundering... ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2014

My hope is that, if this interior comes with a bridge, this is not mandatory like it is with the defiant interior. So I could choose for example the Aquarius bridge from the Oddy (or any other from bridge packs) together with the Intrepid interior.

Also what I'd like to know if it this interior has, like the constitution or the free interiors, three sizes. And if not would you rather place it the small, medium or big scale compared to the scales available?

Thank you for taking time talking about a red headed stepchild like interiors in a probably hectic time short before a major STO release. :)

Highlighted part, agreed and seconded! I love the Defiant interior but the bridge doesn't work with all ships. Always wished they were decoupled and could use the interior with a different bridge.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am just hoping the Interiors will be more closer to the correct scale, rater than yet another tribute to Dr. Who...

http://imgur.com/a/KNAsy

They look pretty damn close to scale.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Curious, why isn't the locations matching canon? Sickbay was Deck 5 and the Transporter was on Deck 4. Or is this one of those things that had to be sacrificed due to the game?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Curious, why isn't the locations matching canon? Sickbay was Deck 5 and the Transporter was on Deck 4. Or is this one of those things that had to be sacrificed due to the game?

Well the transporter room one can be answered easily, there is probably more then one room.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well the transporter room one can be answered easily, there is probably more then one room.

Eh no. Both Transporter Rooms were on Deck 4.
    It was never advertised as such from what I can remember.

It was.
    Those bridge packs aren't an entire interior, just a bridge with the regular interior attached - the Defiant bridge packs were NEVER considered "canon".

Never said interior. They promoted those bridge packs as canonical bridge sets, but they were just some slapped-together facsimiles (I.E. "eh, close enough").
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They promoted those bridge packs as canonical bridge sets,

They never said that at all, find me some proof because I recall no such thing.

I remember them saying Defiant styled bridges, not not Canon designs.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They never said that at all, find me some proof because I recall no such thing.

I remember them saying Defiant styled bridges, not not Canon designs.

Asking for proof on forums that are long gone. :rolleyes:

The closest they ever said they weren't canon is them calling them "varients", but they also promoted them as canonical bridges facsimiles as well. Which the criticism lead them to develop the accurate interiors with the Belfast after the success of the TOS interior.

So why keep bad reproductions?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Intrepid Variant has nothing to do with the Intrepid-Class at all.
    So I didn't see the bridges as themed at all.

As for the decks...Meh.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »

The goal, at this moment, is to have both versions available to players.

astro2244 wrote: »
    Quick question will npcs be in the voyager uniform like with the tos pack bridge?

No idea. I'd imagine it would be the Odyssey standard we've set recently, but that will be up to Design.

Ah, sorry. I get it now. I don't know the answer though. That's all in how design sets it up. It's good to make your opinions heard now though.

The interior is one size. I don't expect we'll be making multiple sizes of it. I'd say it's a medium scale interior, but I don't know the sizing all that well.

gurluas wrote: »
    Taco, if you're around I have two questions.

1. Does it have trophy slots? Those are really important to some of us, and it's a nice way to customize the interior.

2. Why don't you use existing interiors for ships who lack them? An example being the Tal'shiar Adapted Romulan ship. It has only a bridge, but an interior was created for it for the mission "Mind Game" Where you're indoctrinated. That interior contains everything from a brig, to an engineering bay, a lab, a lounge, a holodeck, a Sickbay, and a transporter room.
    I understand you will not create interiors for most new ships, but why not use the interiors when they actually exist in the files?

1. I don't think there is any plans to add Trophy slots at this time. The trophy system is a mess to set up and keep working. I don't think we've dealt with Trophies in any of the recent bridges/interiors. I don't expect that to change here.

2. That is not just a Tal'Shiar Ship, that's HAKEEV's ship. That interior is very specifically made for Hakeev. Hence it's not hooked up for normal player use.

Design said we only got 3 decks to deal with. They didn't want every room to be alone with a turbolift. So we consolidated down to 3, and kept the important things where they should be. i.e. the things with windows (Captain's Quarters, and Mess Hall), as well as Engineering all stay on their respective decks, and the others we moved a deck or two to match up to the others.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    all HAIL TACOFANGS!! ALL HAIL TACOFANGS!! ALL HAIL TACOFANGS!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.