What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Foundry Bug List

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah, a section for labeling issues would seem to be in order.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah, a section for labeling issues would seem to be in order.

So I took a look over lunch at what you were talking about and it looks like a bunch of the costumes are related to the Odyssey's docking procedure. However, I don't even think we have to tools to make use of such a thing. I'm almost inclined to recommend that these transitional NPCs be removed. Not sure how I'll list that.

It looks like all the ships capable of separation have these multiple versions with only the Promethus having its sections properly labeled. I'll go through the costume list when I get a chance and see if I can sort out which version should be called what.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I lose the ability to copy and paste the group. I'm not trying to copy an actor of the group, but the whole group. I can do it again by restarting the foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I loss the ability to copy and paste the group. I'm not trying to copy an actor of the group, but the whole group. I can do it again by restarting the foundry.

But when drag multiselecting NPC groups the actors get selected as well as the group. When you multi-select a group, it selects everything. The only way to get it to copy is to manually deselect all the actors. If this is NOT the case then we have a different issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    working as intended?

Setting characters to jobs makes them type in the air when walking between consoles. Height of typing often doesn't match height of said console.

Also: Description box has no buttons for OOC or MissionInfo. It's a minor irritant, but maybe it could fall into some category.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    But when drag multiselecting NPC groups the actors get selected as well as the group. When you multi-select a group, it selects everything. The only way to get it to copy is to manually deselect all the actors. If this is NOT the case then we have a different issue.

Interesting. Maybe that's what I'm doing. Usually, I think I just select the mob on the left side, which doesn't select all the actors, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Interesting. Maybe that's what I'm doing. Usually, I think I just select the mob on the left side, which doesn't select all the actors, I think.

So I ran a couple tests just to be sure. Created a map including a mixture of detail objects and NPC groups:

Test 1: I drag multiselect the map, all objects including actors and the groups are selected.
    Result 1: I cannot duplicate the objects and copy + paste has no effect.

Test 2: I select each object individually only selecting the groups and detail objects.
    Result 2: Duplicate and copy + paste work normally.
    Result 2b: After being pasted/duplicated all of the duplicated objects are now selected including the actors which prevents duplicate until the actors have been deselected

Additional Note: I also found that the spawn point is resistant to duplication and will prevent copy+paste/duplicate from working if it is part of the selected group.

I've already put it on the list as not working as intended. The drag multiselecting npc groups shouldn't cause the copy paste to fail.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So I ran a couple tests just to be sure. Created a map including a mixture of detail objects and NPC groups:

Test 1: I drag multiselect the map, all objects including actors and the groups are selected.
    Result 1: I cannot duplicate the objects and copy + paste has no effect.

Test 2: I select each object individually only selecting the groups and detail objects.
    Result 2: Duplicate and copy + paste work normally.
    Result 2b: After being pasted/duplicated all of the duplicated objects are now selected including the actors which prevents duplicate until the actors have been deselected

Additional Note: I also found that the spawn point is resistant to duplication and will prevent copy+paste/duplicate from working if it is part of the selected group.

I've already put it on the list as not working as intended. The drag multiselecting npc groups shouldn't cause the copy paste to fail.

Good finds GD. This must be why I seem to have no issues the first couple of times I start to duplicate a group, and then I'm trying to duplicate the duplicated group, which won't duplicate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The following animations seem broken:

Draw weapon
    Gloat
    Hold Tricorder (both versions)
    Idle default doesn't seem to idle
    Mood - Angry
    Mood - Arogant
    Mood - Happy
    Mood - Neutral
    Mood - Robotic (I almost wonder if these were turned off with LoR, since the dialogues use them.
    Sit - Captain Slow
    Stand - Rifle
    Stand - Rotating
    Stand - shotgun idle
    Stand - shotgun ready
    Stand still (seems the same and no animation at all)

OK, will do T-Z when I can, unless someone else wants to complete this task.

Reminds me: Dialogue boxes are bugged. We totally forgot about that change since LoR. Our characters no longer show emotion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Those 2 assets are not shown on the main foundry map (the one we use to place the items) :
    Forcefield - Broken 01
    Forcefield - Horizontal 01

All we have is the small grey dot used to rotate/move the item, but otherwise nothing is shown. It's really annoying when you are trying to place them. It's broken since New Romulus I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The following animations seem broken:

Draw weapon
    Gloat
    Hold Tricorder (both versions)
    Idle default doesn't seem to idle
    Mood - Angry
    Mood - Arogant
    Mood - Happy
    Mood - Neutral
    Mood - Robotic (I almost wonder if these were turned off with LoR, since the dialogues use them.
    Sit - Captain Slow
    Stand - Rifle
    Stand - Rotating
    Stand - shotgun idle
    Stand - shotgun ready
    Stand still (seems the same and no animation at all)

OK, will do T-Z when I can, unless someone else wants to complete this task.

Reminds me: Dialogue boxes are bugged. We totally forgot about that change since LoR. Our characters no longer show emotion.

Ha, I was working in the Foundry just last night and was reminded of the dialog emotion bug.

Yeah, I quick loaded these up the animations you listed this morning and I see what you're talking about.

I think you're right about the mood animations. The Mood - Angry was definitly doing the pose but the not the facial expression. I'll probably list this with the dialog bug as it's pretty clearly the same bug.

Stand still seems to be working ad the pose was different than the default Femenin pose my test NPC had. Stand - Rotating seemed to be working (the NPC was standing and slowly rotating back and forth.) I'm a little unsure about idle default as I would expect this to fall back on whatever the NPC's default animation was. How should this work?

Everything else is clearly not doing what the descriptions say they should do. If you get more let me know.
    erei1 wrote: »
    Those 2 assets are not shown on the main foundry map (the one we use to place the items) :
    Forcefield - Broken 01
    Forcefield - Horizontal 01

All we have is the small grey dot used to rotate/move the item, but otherwise nothing is shown. It's really annoying when you are trying to place them. It's broken since New Romulus I think.

Added. I think there are other assets that have this problem, such as the holodeck assets. If anyone knows of any assets that don't have a visual representation in the editor, let me know.

I'm also working on documenting some of the quirkyness related to moving to and from social maps mid-mission. I know that moving to a social map doesn't have any options available, but I also seem to remember a bug related to the button name when entering a custom map after returning to a social map. Need to run a test.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Stand still seems to be working ad the pose was different than the default Femenin pose my test NPC had.

Don't forget that there are two stand still emotes. I think only one of them works. They are "Stand - Still" and "Stand Still".

Also, nvm about the clipping on the Borg buildings. I couldn't find it when I tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd also like to make a list of the space backdrops that have big clipping issues. My question though: Is this clipping caused by the original choice of the map used? I wonder what the easiest and safest way to document it is.

I'm guessing the best way would be to select custom space and then load each backdrop 1 by 1 (and only 1) and see which ones have the clipping, by which I mean the crazy texture fighting and/or spectrum of flickering lines in a space map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    T-Z ground npc animations that don't work:

Talk- Gesturing

Also tested undine ones with undine ensigns.

Undine - Idle look around (seems broken)

everything else seemed to do something. There are several that are identical, like tricorder scans.

Edit: Also, Klingon door 01 doesn't preview well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Today, I spotted a minor but annoying bug that may have been introduced by the latest patch.

If you have an object selected in the right pane and try to look at the preview of a different object that you've already placed the game will show previews of both objects superimposed on each other.

Not a big issue, but still annoying.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Talk- Gesturing

I can second this. At some point, I can't remember exactly when, they updated some of the animations, and Talk - Gesturing changed to being only mouth moving with no gesturing.

Also Talk - Proud (or it could be another talk that is cocky / arrogant) results in the character spasming between talking and folding their arms. It looks really weird. It definitely happens on female characters. It could be on male as well, but I know it looks weird on female for sure.

In that same change a lot of the typing animations were changed, so now pretty much all of the types are identical to Type & View. It used to be some were just fluid typing. That can suck because sometimes the Type & View animation randomly starts with the view part, and if you use it for an interact animation the character will just end up standing there even if you use the long interact (so you basically can't use it for that).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Are you guys serious that the mood animations are broken again? I remember way back they were broken, but they were eventually fixed. I'm disheartened to hear they were broken a second time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd also like to make a list of the space backdrops that have big clipping issues. My question though: Is this clipping caused by the original choice of the map used? I wonder what the easiest and safest way to document it is.

I'm guessing the best way would be to select custom space and then load each backdrop 1 by 1 (and only 1) and see which ones have the clipping, by which I mean the crazy texture fighting and/or spectrum of flickering lines in a space map.

I'm not 100% sure of the nature of this bug, but I do know it extends beyond the Foundry. Cataloging thost wouldn't be a small task. I know custom made backdrops will clip too. Let me see if I can get some info from CrypticFrost before we dump a ton of effort into cataloging this.

CrypticFrost, if you're reading this, would a full list of backdrops that have clipping issues help, or is it a systemic problem with the way offset is calculated in the backdrops?
    Edit: Also, Klingon door 01 doesn't preview well.

Is this because of it's funky pivot point (which is about 6 feet away from the door, or because it doesn't show up well on the editor map?
    Today, I spotted a minor but annoying bug that may have been introduced by the latest patch.

If you have an object selected in the right pane and try to look at the preview of a different object that you've already placed the game will show previews of both objects superimposed on each other.

Not a big issue, but still annoying.

I think this has been around since LoR but with people up until recently avoiding the right pane, it hasn't been as noticable. The persistant preview objects will also find their way into preview dialog windows and transporter beam-down wondows.
    nagorak wrote: »
    I can second this. At some point, I can't remember exactly when, they updated some of the animations, and Talk - Gesturing changed to being only mouth moving with no gesturing.

Also Talk - Proud (or it could be another talk that is cocky / arrogant) results in the character spasming between talking and folding their arms. It looks really weird. It definitely happens on female characters. It could be on male as well, but I know it looks weird on female for sure.

In that same change a lot of the typing animations were changed, so now pretty much all of the types are identical to Type & View. It used to be some were just fluid typing. That can suck because sometimes the Type & View animation randomly starts with the view part, and if you use it for an interact animation the character will just end up standing there even if you use the long interact (so you basically can't use it for that).

If you can list out animations you know are not behaving the way they are suppose to as well as a note of how they're going wrong, I can get them on the list.
    Are you guys serious that the mood animations are broken again? I remember way back they were broken, but they were eventually fixed. I'm disheartened to hear they were broken a second time.

I haven't heard about this happening before, but after LoR, mood animations (which are the same ones the dialog boxes use) would still convey the body position, but the facial expression would remain neutral.

Note to self: Check the stand still and Stand - Still animations to see which is breaking.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Also, I almost forgot. With the preview load times bug now fixed, it's been moved to the fixed list. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget that there are two stand still emotes. I think only one of them works. They are "Stand - Still" and "Stand Still".

So I looked and couldn't find any instance of a "Stand - Still" or anything close, just the one "Stand Still."
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    I'm not 100% sure of the nature of this bug, but I do know it extends beyond the Foundry. Cataloging thost wouldn't be a small task. I know custom made backdrops will clip too. Let me see if I can get some info from CrypticFrost before we dump a ton of effort into cataloging this.

CrypticFrost, if you're reading this, would a full list of backdrops that have clipping issues help, or is it a systemic problem with the way offset is calculated in the backdrops?

I'm going to have to investigate this. If you can give me a couple examples to make sure I'm on the same page, I'll see what I can find out.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm going to have to investigate this. If you can give me a couple examples to make sure I'm on the same page, I'll see what I can find out.

Stars Only 06. A custom space map with this backdrop shows a lot of clipping on the back drop when you move your camera around. I can fraps it if I need to.

Lots of the backdrops have this issue. Maybe it gets worse when we combine more than one backdrop. Can you please tell us what causes it, and if it would be worthwhile for us to identify every backdrop that has it? There are quite a few, I suspect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    edit: nevermind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Asset: Plasma Leak Green 01 is Red
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Asset: Plasma Leak Green 01 is Red

The ground plasma fire (not the leak) also used to be green, but was changed to red. Keeping the red fire is fine, but it would be nice if we could also get the green version added back.

I believe this change, along with the Green Leak becoming red occurred when they changed the plasma grenade from having green fire to having red fire during the ground revamp. I guess it was a global change.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I haven't heard about this happening before, but after LoR, mood animations (which are the same ones the dialog boxes use) would still convey the body position, but the facial expression would remain neutral.

It was back in S3 or so. For a long time the mood you selected in the dialogue box did nothing and the NPCs all just used their default pose. That sounds like a different issue than what you're describing though, since it was obviously a bug with the dialogue box failing to set the animation. In any case that was fixed well over a year ago, maybe going on two years.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Selecting the costume in a popup dialogue doesn't work if trying to select a costume from "Project Maps." You have to find the costume in the Asset View tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bug: The mouse wheel no longer scrolls in and out when in the Advanced Dialogue editor window when the cursor is hovering over a dialogue box (it only works when over a blank space). Unfortunately, in large dialogue trees your cursor will often be over a dialogue box basically 100% of the time (large stretched out boxes cover the entire screen).

This bug makes it really horrible to try to deal with a large dialogue tree, as you can't easily zoom in and out while moving around now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The ground plasma fire (not the leak) also used to be green, but was changed to red. Keeping the red fire is fine, but it would be nice if we could also get the green version added back.

I believe this change, along with the Green Leak becoming red occurred when they changed the plasma grenade from having green fire to having red fire during the ground revamp. I guess it was a global change.
    didn't they change the actual grenades back to green?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    didn't they change the actual grenades back to green?

You'd probably know better than I. I haven't played the game for like 6 months. I recently logged back in this last week but went straight to the Foundry and never saw a plasma grenade. ;)
This discussion has been closed.