What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Foundry Bug List

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd have the space boff and mood animations yellow. They aren't show stoppers just bugs.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I made this, like the generic space boffs bug, red because they were public facing and can't be worked around. But I suppose you're right, it isn't as obvious as some bugs.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Scimitar NPC Contacts still have their pre-LOR appearance.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bug of light in Wormhole of DS9, other wormhole, NGC1218, is correct.

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/15/03/81/28/screen14.jpg

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/15/03/81/28/screen15.jpg
  • Options
    chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On the TOS ship interior (not the bridge, the crew deck and engineering) there doesnt seem to be any way to transistion between the two decks.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    not a bug. It'd be nice if we could add a turbolift, but we can't.... without serious hackery....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you're just supposed to duplicate the map?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kind of. There's a trick you can use to force the player to respawn in a different part of the map than they were originally in, though. It'd be GREAT if we could get site-to-site tech, but we don't have a proper version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't know if this a bug or something but when i was working on my Foundry mission, i tried to put an object, like a PADD on a desk. The Y axis is very annoying, i put a number on it to specify what height it will be, but it keeps on changing the number i put and i end up with a PADD that is "floating" in mid air about half a foot above the desk. Can you guys fix this please.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    Don't know if this a bug or something but when i was working on my Foundry mission, i tried to put an object, like a PADD on a desk. The Y axis is very annoying, i put a number on it to specify what height it will be, but it keeps on changing the number i put and i end up with a PADD that is "floating" in mid air about half a foot above the desk. Can you guys fix this please.

You need to turn on "Snap to Grid" it is one of the buttons on the top right of the 2D map.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    You need to turn on "Snap to Grid" it is one of the buttons on the top right of the 2D map.

oh okay, so that's what it is for lol i'ma freaking noob. Thank you btw.

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

• Options
    edited June 2014
    We've all made that mistake. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have some weird problem going on my foundry mission, every time I engage an enemy npc in a space battle, it jumps. It either jumps that it is behind me with a friendly npc that is attacking it or it jumps forward, beyond 10km.

One moment it is in front of me then the next it is somewhere else. I have no clue what causes this.

• Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've discovered recently that in space maps, using a place marker as your map exit is a good way to stop the map transfer happening. This is very annoying and can't possibly be working as intended.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have some weird problem going on my foundry mission, every time I engage an enemy npc in a space battle, it jumps. It either jumps that it is behind me with a friendly npc that is attacking it or it jumps forward, beyond 10km.

One moment it is in front of me then the next it is somewhere else. I have no clue what causes this.

This is the (0,0,0) bug. It's a known issue.
    nikkojt wrote: »
    I've discovered recently that in space maps, using a place marker as your map exit is a good way to stop the map transfer happening. This is very annoying and can't possibly be working as intended.

I'm not entirely sure you're suppose to be able to set a reach marker as a map exit. I think the bug may be that it's an option at all.

Just a note as a workaround, you can set a reach objective just before the map exit and just have the door be entire map.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Entire map is a good idea as a general practice anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »

Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oh okay, so that's what it is for lol i'ma freaking noob. Thank you btw.

Just as a little more help when "translation snap to grid" is on and you move or long click an object it will move at a rate of 1 unit and reset any manual x, y, z coordinates you made.

1 unit left/right (x) and up/down (z) is 0.610 m (as viewed on the 2D editing map). 1 unit vertically up/down (y) is a little more uncertain but still moves in chunks of around 0.610 m, I think 2 units +/- y is actually "1 unit".

Just remember, if you need to make manual edits to an object turn translation snap to grid off and make sure it is off before clicking/moving that object again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What radius was the place marker? If you forgot to set the radius to be larger than one, people will have a hard time reaching it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One bug I don't see listed in the OP: when you create a Federation ship costume, the name and registry display as a weird number (9708970897, or something like that). It's been that way for years, and as far as I know there's no workaround.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

First let me say I am glad to be back. It seems as tho the Foundry is working nice all in all.

Well I am under a time constraint...anyways the reach marker radius isnt working; I dont know about the message pop-ups if that has radius.

I also Live Stream STO and The Foundry Mission Intros for people wanting to know what making missions is all about. I brought up my old thread to continue on talking about Foundry missions and had it closed just because it was archived which is rediculous; we need to keep tabs on the history of how we use utilities and mod programs to see how things change and so on.

An example is the fact that the enemy mobs still dissappear under the ground on a consistent basis even when not set to wander. It doesnt bother me that much as I am more of a role player.

I noticed some weird things happening in story mode I still cant place it; it is like I had to redo a lost char 5 times it kept dissappearing; I was tired so ... a talk dialogue or something; interact with person?

I havnt seen the map bug - I can play thru individual maps ok which is nice. I can play thru the whole mission okay; I still need transition work; doors an such.

Some or many objects dont seem to be 'interactable'; I have to place an odd interactable object over a non-interactable one to have an effect occur; why arnt 'all' objects interactable? This is probly the worst one for me but I have only ran the Foundry about 5 times or so, so I need more practice.

Now, I will post that I Live Stream almost every nite various MMOS; lately I been working in the Foundry back with STO again so I am posting my link here:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

At some point if my forum posting new posts ever gets fixed I will have my own thread(s) for Foundry work I am doing; I dont want to give away my RP missions tho altho most of my missions are personal related to my character anyways I dunno it may not matter in the long run.

I just like to help other people when I can and in doing so I find I help myself as well; right now my goal is to make a simple Foundry mission iin under 15 minutes; last nite it took an hour that is when the reach marker bug and failed pop-up messages occured; mainly because they may have been out of sequence (Play Map Only Mode).

I will do whatever I can to find bugs; I dont think the Reach Marker Radius works bug was listed.

(Edit: I looked at the ' Reach Marker ' radius - wow I think it may be working but the place marker I need to figure out what it does lol; please bear with me ! I also have to understand how to link markers and popups - I am gonna try to do that today. Also I may as well just re-edit this post here to keep you all informed as to my Foundry progress.

I figured out a major problem: LAGG. I stream so when the mission gets just a little bigger it laggs more - I gonna try a different stream program - but the ' maps ' on the left ( icons for interact, maps, etc) wernt getting picked up by the mouse ! took me an hour to realize this last nite !) I am wondering if other people are having this problem or is just me. I have 5megs/UP and 30megs/DOWN - this really shouldnt be an issue altho when I dont stream the LAGG goes down a fair amount.)

Cmdr Zeta
  • Options
    skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the past week and a bit I can't see any objects in map view other than the gray bubble that you grab to move them around. I can only actually "see" carpets and platforms... the rest are dots. This makes it pretty difficult to see where Im actually placing anything.

Is anyone else having this problem? What is going on with all these bugs?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
  • Options
    mcostanzamcostanza Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skaldra wrote: »
    For the past week and a bit I can't see any objects in map view other than the gray bubble that you grab to move them around. I can only actually "see" carpets and platforms... the rest are dots. This makes it pretty difficult to see where Im actually placing anything.

Is anyone else having this problem? What is going on with all these bugs?!?

I am having the same issue. Only the green dots are visible.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    This seems to be fixed on Tribble, so hopefully when that build goes live Tuesday (or when the Foundry comes up after downtime if there is any) we'll no longer have that issue.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Risian beachcomber costume is missing from the costume editor.
  • Options
    munnoomunnoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I downloaded the game patch System Requirements threw well enough to play the game but gets stuck in our policy no longer exist to pass at the end of this trailer or trailer. If it helps I can not play the game from your face My thanks Installing trailer.Client i pitied by the end of the trailer right game freezes and does not recover. Helping !!!!!!!! Star Trek Online

http://hizliresim.com/DkvmRl Click link :D
  • Options
    omegagloryomegaglory Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to add to the "Custom sun lighting on space maps has no effect" bug. Not only does lighting have no effect, but the sun itself won't appear in the map.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    /10Chars......
  • Options
    luckeytarsenluckeytarsen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Greetings,

I am having an issue with the foundry loading. Below is a step by step process of what happens when I try to load the foundry.

1. When I log in I am able to click Foundry and select my foundry character.
    2. Then my project selection screen loads.
    3. I am able to select projects, When I click them they are highlighted.
    4. When I click, "Edit Project", the "Loading the Foundry" window comes up. (This is where the problems is)
    5. The window stays up for about 30 minutes. Then I am sent back to the log in screen.6. I then try the process all over but the same thing happens.

I spent 10,000 dil to purchase my first 4 Foundry slots over a year ago. I just recently tried to use one, and this problem happened. I would be grateful if you could assist me with fixing this problem.

I don't know when this problem started because I just recently tried to use the foundry.

My account handle is @luckeytarsen
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it a specific mission that gives you the problem? Put the name and mission ID and maybe someone from Cryptic can help you
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
This discussion has been closed.