test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Foundry Bug List

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nagorak wrote: »
    You'd probably know better than I. I haven't played the game for like 6 months. I recently logged back in this last week but went straight to the Foundry and never saw a plasma grenade. ;)
    Hmm... Well, last time I used a plasma grenade it was green, so...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug: The mouse wheel no longer scrolls in and out when in the Advanced Dialogue editor window when the cursor is hovering over a dialogue box (it only works when over a blank space). Unfortunately, in large dialogue trees your cursor will often be over a dialogue box basically 100% of the time (large stretched out boxes cover the entire screen).

This bug makes it really horrible to try to deal with a large dialogue tree, as you can't easily zoom in and out while moving around now.

confirmed. This is super annoying and frustrating when dealing with big branches.

Also: it often takes 3 clicks in a dialogue box before I can type in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe this is a general bug and not a Foundry bug, per se, but with the new viewscreen view, the angry mood makes it so only part of the NPC's face can be seen. It seems like it should be less zoomed in than it is.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The ground plasma fire (not the leak) also used to be green, but was changed to red. Keeping the red fire is fine, but it would be nice if we could also get the green version added back.

I believe this change, along with the Green Leak becoming red occurred when they changed the plasma grenade from having green fire to having red fire during the ground revamp. I guess it was a global change.

If it's labeled as a plasma fire, it should be green. (it's canon) That's what makes a plasma fire different than normal fires. Does enyone know the asset name of the ground plasma fire?
    It was back in S3 or so. For a long time the mood you selected in the dialogue box did nothing and the NPCs all just used their default pose. That sounds like a different issue than what you're describing though, since it was obviously a bug with the dialogue box failing to set the animation. In any case that was fixed well over a year ago, maybe going on two years.

Yeah, this sounds like a different bug. In this case, the bug seems to be in the animation itself.
    Bug: The mouse wheel no longer scrolls in and out when in the Advanced Dialogue editor window when the cursor is hovering over a dialogue box (it only works when over a blank space). Unfortunately, in large dialogue trees your cursor will often be over a dialogue box basically 100% of the time (large stretched out boxes cover the entire screen).

This bug makes it really horrible to try to deal with a large dialogue tree, as you can't easily zoom in and out while moving around now.

Yeah, I've been noticing this one lately. As far as I'm aware it's always worked like this, but this definitly seems worthy of a not working as intended.
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Also: it often takes 3 clicks in a dialogue box before I can type in it.

Can I get a few more details? Is is sluggish to respond or is it intermitently responding?
    Maybe this is a general bug and not a Foundry bug, per se, but with the new viewscreen view, the angry mood makes it so only part of the NPC's face can be seen. It seems like it should be less zoomed in than it is.

It's more or less the result of the revised UI having NPCs and the fact that the angry animation has the NPC leaning forward.
    edited September 2013
    The mouse wheel definitely didn't used to act that way in the dialogue editor. It used to zoom in and out at all times. Something has changed within the last 6 months or so since I last used the Foundry. But, in any case, it would be better if it worked at all times.

I'll check the plasma fire and get back to you.
    edited September 2013
    The mouse wheel definitely didn't used to act that way in the dialogue editor. It used to zoom in and out at all times. Something has changed within the last 6 months or so since I last used the Foundry. But, in any case, it would be better if it worked at all times.

In that case, I'll move it from Not Working as Intended over to Bugs.
    edited September 2013

Can I get a few more details? Is is sluggish to respond or is it intermitently responding?

Often, if I click in the box where dialogue goes, my cursor appears there quickly, the box opens and then immediately closes and the cursor disappears. I'll have to try it again and again until it works. It does this about 60% of the time. 40% of the time my cursor and editing ability works with one click.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    When you add assets to the map, those with a default name (as opposed to one you enter yourself) are not sorted alphabetically.

Also, in the selection lists for component complete, etc, the objects are not sorted by name.
    edited September 2013
    If it's labeled as a plasma fire, it should be green. (it's canon) That's what makes a plasma fire different than normal fires. Does enyone know the asset name of the ground plasma fire?

The Plasma Fire is called Plasma Fire 01. It's still red. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure the change happened when they changed the color of the plasma grenades. Maybe they changed the grenades back since then, but Plasma Fire 01 and Plasma Leak Green 01 are still improperly red.

That being said, it would be nice to have plasma fires of all different colors, not just green, since we do have the different colored leaks. The nice thing about the plasma fire compared to the normal fire is it doesn't have the smoke effect above it.
    edited September 2013
    The light strip on Wall - Door 01 through Wall - Door 08 is no longer lit up. It used to be lit up, and the Turbolifts still have lighted strips, but at some point the bulbs apparently burned out in the Wall - Doors.
    edited September 2013
    Often, if I click in the box where dialogue goes, my cursor appears there quickly, the box opens and then immediately closes and the cursor disappears. I'll have to try it again and again until it works. It does this about 60% of the time. 40% of the time my cursor and editing ability works with one click.

So I have seen what you're talking about and you're correct that it's a very intermittemnt bug. (I hate those) From what little I can tell it seems more likely to occur at high load times, so it may be related to latancy with the server.

I'll list it as best I can, but if anyone finds reliable repo steps, don't hesitate to post them.
    edited September 2013
    Using Cntl+C and Cntl+V to copy objects between maps will reset the Y value of the selected object to 0 (Selecting Copy and Past from the menu bar will preserve the Y value)

By the way, I reported this incorrectly. Using both methods doesn't copy the Y values. Only using the duplicate button preserves the values.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Stars Only 06. A custom space map with this backdrop shows a lot of clipping on the back drop when you move your camera around. I can fraps it if I need to.

Lots of the backdrops have this issue. Maybe it gets worse when we combine more than one backdrop. Can you please tell us what causes it, and if it would be worthwhile for us to identify every backdrop that has it? There are quite a few, I suspect.

I took a look at Stars Only 06 at Minimum, Low, Recommended and High video settings and saw no clipping or other sort of distortion in the map background, except for blurriness on Minimum which is expected at that setting.

What video settings and video card do you use? Anyone else seeing the same thing, please chime in as well.
    STO QA Team
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Got clipping in almost every map (especially with clouds), Nvidia GT540m. Have installed a new driver today though, so I'll go check it tomorrow and let you know.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I took a look at Stars Only 06 at Minimum, Low, Recommended and High video settings and saw no clipping or other sort of distortion in the map background, except for blurriness on Minimum which is expected at that setting.

What video settings and video card do you use? Anyone else seeing the same thing, please chime in as well.

Probally has to do with a similar issue like the darkness settings where you can turn your settings to minimum and by pass needing a flashlight.

As well as the rendering if its too high or too low you can see all the invisible walls in just about every map and even find the places in most maps where you can go below the actual map like first city on qo'nos I know of a bunch of ways to go beneath floor level.
    edited September 2013

ATI Radeon 4650
    I usually run the game on medium settings.
    1440 x 900 pixels

I see stuff like this on tons of foundry backdrops, but not too much on non Foundry backdrops. Except on the exploration clusters, where I see it everywhere. It seems to happen to my own maps if I start to combine layers. I'll trying updating my driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGsWy5AKuU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    So Kirkfat isn't the only one experienceing this I also see flickering on the Stars Only 06 backdrop. I'm on a Nvidia GTX 460 v2. I tried many different graphics settings and even tried both DirectX 9 and 11. I couldn't get the clipping to disappear.

I also have a new and bizarre bug. While testing the clipping issue, I discovered that in preview, my bridge officers decided to join me in space. I can tell you that I was specificly previewing a space map. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening for them?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited September 2013
    Most of the flickering that I've experienced happens when different types of backdrops are put together that obviously weren't built to interact. They tend to the nebula-type backdrop layers. I can't remember any off the top of my head but I'll post if I see some.

GD your link above doesn't work. But I have seen this. Was testing a space map last night and my bridge officer spawned near the middle of the map, I could see a marker for her on the minimap.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited September 2013
    I also have a new and bizarre bug. While testing the clipping issue, I discovered that in preview, my bridge officers decided to join me in space. I can tell you that I was specificly previewing a space map. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening for them?

Corrected your URL.
    Oh, and I had this "bug" as well when creating CSG1, you can check it here .

PS; this bug doesn't happen often, I suggest not fixing it but instead giving the player an account-wide "Foundry Vet" accolade :D
    edited September 2013
    Link fixed. And thanks for the additional info. I think I might have enough info to add to the list now.
    stoutes wrote: »
    Oh, and I had this "bug" as well when creating CSG1, you can check it here .

PS; this bug doesn't happen often, I suggest not fixing it but instead giving the player an account-wide "Foundry Vet" accolade :D

Is that one of your BOs ore someone else?

I don't know how consistent it is overall, but it was happening pretty consistently when I created a blank map with the player left in the center.

There has been talk in the past of Foundry related accolades, but most of it was about published mission statistics.
    edited September 2013
    Yes, that was the BO's from my foundry char.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited September 2013
    Foundry Accolades are implemented in Neverwinter. Not sure what they all are, but one I know of is for playing missions with less than 5 reviews. I think the top tier of that is playing 100 missions. A lot of people over there complain about it, but I think its cool. It rewards you for helping out fellow authors.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited September 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Yes, that was the BO's from my foundry char.
    That seems to happen most often with redshirts. Usually actual boffs don't. Usually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    That seems to happen most often with redshirts. Usually actual boffs don't. Usually.

My group was entirely custom BOffs. So I don't think that's that.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Yeah that Boffs/redshirts on a space map is known.

As to the space clipping stuff, I'm not seeing it here but I can use the info you folks provided to get it written up. Thanks.
    STO QA Team
    edited September 2013
    Hmm... I didn't see this in the list so:

Compassion(best guess) bridge has a glitch where if you stand at the lowest altitude you'll get a map edge message.

EDIT: oh yeah, are we going to make a list of ground/interior maps with a wonky 0 altitude?

Obviously, Vulcan ground is at the top of that list. :D It's 0 altitude is at the top of the stairs.

Actually, I was pondering this and realized that in at least some maps the 0 altitude seems to be set by the default spawn point, in the case of Vulcan that's way up high....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    Hmm... I didn't see this in the list so:

Compassion(best guess) bridge has a glitch where if you stand at the lowest altitude you'll get a map edge message.

EDIT: oh yeah, are we going to make a list of ground/interior maps with a wonky 0 altitude?

Obviously, Vulcan ground is at the top of that list. :D It's 0 altitude is at the top of the stairs.

Actually, I was pondering this and realized that in at least some maps the 0 altitude seems to be set by the default spawn point, in the case of Vulcan that's way up high....

When I can get a chanch I'll double check the Compassion bridge and make sure it's the one that's was the shallow bottom.

As to Vulcan, it's a tricky one, as it's a very vertical map. My question would be is it causing any issues, such as portions of the map being outside the placeable area?

One thing we should be on the lookout for is maps where the Y reletive to the floor/ground is behaving oddly.
    edited September 2013
    It may only be in preview mode, but I noticed that walking below 0 altitude(on the vulcan ground map) would trigger a variation of the 0/0/0 bug that would cause my boffs to get stuck in a rock on the far side of the map.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    Good morning, folks. :)

Adding a couple new things I thought of or have seen menitioned elsewhere:

• The Foundry mission search list has several issues
      • Top Rated search window only shows first 50 missions
      • Missions in Foundry misson list
    • Federation Lockers have random open/closed states (This causes issues when attempting to use specific versions)

Also Mark, I double checked the Compassion map, and it's called the Olympic Bridge 01 (it's the only version.) Adding it to the list.
    It may only be in preview mode, but I noticed that walking below 0 altitude(on the vulcan ground map) would trigger a variation of the 0/0/0 bug that would cause my boffs to get stuck in a rock on the far side of the map.

I want to test this to see if it's reporducable. If it is, it may be a big clue in the mystery of the disappearing NPCs.
    edited September 2013
    NOTE: it was on Tribble that I noticed that most.

that was the final map of Sehlat Barbeque(now disappeared into the Aether). It had other issues too. The enemies on the lower parts would apparently spawn at 0 altitude then fall to the ground. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.