test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Facility 4028 Change reqeust

brakisbrakis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
While running a character through the episodes today, I ran Facility 4028. Since it had been a while since I last had run it, I had forgotten the prison's computer system is called I.S.I.S. After "re"discovering this, I'm a little outraged that the name has remained that after all the terrorist organization by the same name has done. This evil name should be changed in this game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow, how trolly.

Can we also go back in time and rename the Egyptian goddess Isis to something else?

The terrorist group is actually called ISIL or IS. Educate yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    There's no connection between the two. Its a coincidence. Its no different than Federation ships using the USS prefix in their names and not representing the United States.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    Wow, how trolly.

Can we also go back in time and rename the Egyptian goddess Isis to something else?

Actually, if you're going to tell someone to "educate yourself", you may want to do your own fact checking first. It goes by ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant), IS (Islamic State), SIC (State of the Islamic Caliphate ), Da'ish or ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).

While it's not related to the game, some can take it out of the context and find it upsetting to be called I.S.I.S in the game.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This has been here long before ISIS came to be.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of all the things this game needs changed, this is not one of them.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow, how trolly.

Actually sorry to correct you but if you google ISIS it is just that :-(

HOWEVER!

there is no need to replace this name in game as it has nothing to do with the obvious.

:cool:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    /facepalm
    /facepalm
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So since we are upset about change, what about the swastika? Is an ancient symbol, but since it was adopted by TRIBBLE Germany it is now considered an evil demonic symbol...So why cant other things be changed that offend people?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Actually sorry to correct you but if you google ISIS it is just that :-(

HOWEVER!

there is no need to replace this name in game as it has nothing to do with the obvious.

:cool:

Please take your own advise. The groups name has evolved/changed a few times, but the do go by ISIS, ISIL and IS. That can be found in MANY articles found with Google search. Also, the comparison to Isis, the Egyptian goddess and other things named Isis are not really relevant to the discussion as they are a name, not the acronym I.S.I.S. the computer system uses and the terrorist group uses.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    brakis wrote: »
    While running a character through the episodes today, I ran Facility 4028. Since it had been a while since I last had run it, I had forgotten the prison's computer system is called I.S.I.S. After "re"discovering this, I'm a little outraged that the name has remained that after all the terrorist organization by the same name has done. This evil name should be changed in this game.

Um... just wow.

If you kneejerk like this, the terrorists win.

Serioulsy... this post is just rediculous...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You guys can be thankfull that you don't know what Gaul's ship, the Vozroz, means in german..
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How dare an acronym share the same letters with something bad. :rolleyes: OP, take a chill pill. Yeah I hate the bad IS group, but for instance... I don't get offended when some one is named Adolf.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You can't be effin' serious.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I hear Isis, I think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNMJRFGuXL0
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    khreg wrote: »
    You can't be effin' serious.

People in the last decade or two, as far as I've noticed, have evolved some -ridiculously- thin skin :rolleyes: This is a very good example of it.

Would also like to note that STO's I.S.I.S. has been in-game since before most folks probably even -heard- of the other one.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    People in the last decade or two, as far as I've noticed, have evolved some -ridiculously- thin skin :rolleyes: This is a very good example of it.

it's cause they haven't been insulted enough I think. you get insulted a lot you learn what is worth making a bunch of noise over and what is just useless whining.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Would also like to note that STO's I.S.I.S. has been in-game since before most folks probably even -heard- of the other one.

In fact, it's been in game before the other one even existed.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Actually you should go to Syria, go up to the leader of ISIL, and demand they change their name because they stole it from the computer in STO. Cryptic had it first, so why should they change it.

By the way, let me know how it goes with them.
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Same thing happens to any animal species when it's been domesticated for long enough.

Agreed, I mean, literally, changing the name in STO because of ISIS/ISIL/Whatever is the most clich
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Actually you should go to Syria, go up to the leader of ISIL, and demand they change their name because they stole it from the computer in STO. Cryptic had it first, so why should they change it.

By the way, let me know how it goes with them.

You will see it on TV and newspapers :P
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You guys can be thankfull that you don't know what Gaul's ship, the Vozroz, means in german..

It doesn't mean anything in German. That is a slovak word. German doesn't spell words that way.

and OP wtf?!

I hope this is a poor attempt at trolling, otherwise you need your head examined
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It doesn't mean anything in German. That is a slovak word. German doesn't spell words that way.

and OP wtf?!

I hope this is a poor attempt at trolling, otherwise you need your head examined

I know it is not a Real German Word, but you only need very little imagination to make 2 G-words out of it. :P
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lets just close this and ignore the idiot op agreed?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Glad I am not the only one that thought of the Egyptian goddess of health, wisdom, and marriage when they heard Isis. It seems like ISIS is the complete opposite of Isis. They certainly are bad for one's health. There is no wisdom at all in that organization. And their treatment of women is appalling.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP is Jelly because Isis is hot http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Isis
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Well, with thinking like that...

As they say in Counter-Strike,"The terrorists win." Congratulations.
  • Options
    brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And here I was thinking I.S.I.S. (Internationa Secret Intelligence Service) was the name of the agency Sterling Archer works for. :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]