Options

In depth mission reports upon request

Comments

• Options
    evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Hey evil70th,

I've temporarily pulled my two missions until Season 7. I'll post again when I re-publish.

No problem. I've withdrawn the missions from the queue. Please resubmit whenever you are ready. :)

Thanks for authoring and giving me the heads up,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mission Name: This Far No Further
    Author: @Captain_Revo
    Minimum Level: 41+
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST-HEWKB36M7
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 Mins
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

Hi again,

this is the final part in my 5 part story. You played Emissary of the Pah-wraiths last week, and I hope you enjoy my conclusion. It is already out of the review stage now.

Thanks.

Hi Capt_Revo,

Thanks for the review request. Your mission is 3rd in the queue behind SFHQ. I will post here in the forums once I complete the review.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    scaryguycalculonscaryguycalculon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    evil70th wrote: »
    Federation Mission - Thermal Breakdown
    Author: ScaryGuy
    Project ID: ST-HATZ6VKK7

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This is a good concept and not bad for the first time development. With some work this mission can become a great mission.
    Brian

Thanks a lot for the info:) I just assumed that if you fall into a fiery pit...you die. Also, the suggestion to build a way out of the pit gave me an idea for the boss battle. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot for the info:) I just assumed that if you fall into a fiery pit...you die. Also, the suggestion to build a way out of the pit gave me an idea for the boss battle. Thanks so much.

As always, glad I could help. Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sfhq wrote: »
    Hello evil70th,

I have completed 2 missions of a multi-part series, and would very much appreciate feedback when you have some time.

Mission Name: A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)
    Author: F9thSFHQ
    Minimum Level: 46+ (hardcoded in game, I say, Min Level: 50)
    Project ID: ST-HDUI5CK7B
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes to 1hour20mins depending on career/difficulty setting

My First foundry mission I have made however I have refined it over the last 3-4weeks so it is fairly mature in its making. :)
    It is designed to have fairly challenging combat, but nothing that isn't solo-able even on Adv./Elite

Both are relatively combat heavy missions with medium amt. of dialogue

Thanks,
    SFHQ

Federation Mission - A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)

Report Start

Summary: This is a good mission with great map designs, several very tough battles, and excellent story dialogue. I would recommend this mission but not on Elite. The battles are tough enough on Normal. You did use the response button "Continue" a lot but it was not overly distracting. :) As for the last enemy mob on the last map after the "End Dialogue" you need to consider removing them and ending the mission there.

Below are a couple things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good and detailed description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is not a bad grant dialogue, but is essentially the same as the description itself. Consider changing it up a little to add more story based information. Your goal with grant dialogue should be to draw the player in and make them want to click "Accept". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good start but you should consider including the sector block of the start location for the first custom map.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Mutara Nebula: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Diamond 349: This is a good map design with several very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider reducing the number of battles and balance the enemy mobs a little more.

Diamond 349 Gauntlet: This is a good map design and use of the open area outside the normal map; however you should combine this map and the next map into one single map. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Diamond 349 Navigation: This is a simple map design with a single objective. As I indicated on the previous map you should combine this map and the previous map into one single map. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Mutara Nebula: This is a good map design with some fun battles with the Borg. The story dialogue is well written right up to the "End Mission" dialogue. Despite the presence of Q, the addition of 8 Undine enemy mobs after that dialogue does not seem to fit in with the story. Consider removing that and ending the mission at the "End Mission" dialogue.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did well with the development of this mission. I look forward to the next mission in the series.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 11/03/2012 on forum posting for: "A Cubical Mystery"
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I put in a ramp "system" so that you can get out of the pit, since I apparently can't make people die when I want them to. Also, I changed the dialog for when you get to the platforms, I was getting the hint that it might have been confusing on what you really needed to do when you FIRST get to them, especially since I do not put a way point on the map.

You do not have to make this a priority...but if you really have nothing to do I wouldn't mind having some more feedback with the revisions:D
  • Options
    sfhqsfhq Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Federation Mission - A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did well with the development of this mission. I look forward to the next mission in the series.
    Brian

Thanks for the feedback evil70th.. just so you know, the premade cryptic walls prevented me from making it 1 map which was my original intent, but I also wasn't proficient in making a ground custom from scratch. I've learned a great deal about doing custom ground stuff in Pt. II of my series, so I'll change that around once I go back and refine my previous missions for season 7 foundry enhancements. And thanks for the Undine enemy ending feedback. I was debating if I should make it Borg or Undine, I think ill switch it to Borg and make it optional warp in after mission completes for those wanting a little more Borg fun with season 7 refinements as well, and those who don't can simply leave without penalty. :)

Thanks again, hope you enjoy the next part :)
    ---
    "We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."
    Sincerely,
    The Cube Assimilating Your Ship Right Now
  • Options
    skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.3
    Author: Skyline45
    Project ID: ST-HAVYZLC4O

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with challenging battles and very well written story dialogue. It is a worthy sequel in the series. I would highly recommend this mission to all players although not on Elite level, which the author also does not recommend.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a map location of the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The location to start the first custom map is a little difficult to find. I went to the standard location on ESD and found it. Consider adding a short line, something like "Take turbo lift to embassy".

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Waveloid Embassy: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider adjusting some of the NPCs in the control room that are standing too far from the console.

Reliokah: This is a good map design with challenging but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "[Rank], I'm picking up temporal satellites surronding Reliokah" to read "[Rank], I'm picking up temporal satellites surrounding Reliokah".

Reliokah Surface (Pre-Ice Age): This is a good map design with challenging but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Temporal Research Facility: This is a good map design with very challenging battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Unknown Location: This is a good map design with very challenging battles and very well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "Why wont you just die" to read "Why won't you just die".
    -Consider shrinking the size of the "Check Uioda's body" task trigger area. When it started I was standing inside the trigger area and had to leave and reenter the area to trigger it.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and the series. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 11/03/2012 on forum posting for: The Wave Empire Series

Thank you for your review evil ^.^ As always your opinion is valued and will be implemented into my last episode. Maybe I shouldn't say last, because lately I've been getting ideas for an Ep.4 but havent fully committed to if I'm actually going to write it or not. You know IRL stuff and all. Well thank you again, and happy reviewing xD
    My Foundry Missions:
    The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I put in a ramp "system" so that you can get out of the pit, since I apparently can't make people die when I want them to. Also, I changed the dialog for when you get to the platforms, I was getting the hint that it might have been confusing on what you really needed to do when you FIRST get to them, especially since I do not put a way point on the map.

You do not have to make this a priority...but if you really have nothing to do I wouldn't mind having some more feedback with the revisions:D

Hi Scary,

Thanks for the re-submission of this mission. You are 2nd in the queue behind Captain_Revo and I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the feedback evil70th.. just so you know, the premade cryptic walls prevented me from making it 1 map which was my original intent, but I also wasn't proficient in making a ground custom from scratch. I've learned a great deal about doing custom ground stuff in Pt. II of my series, so I'll change that around once I go back and refine my previous missions for season 7 foundry enhancements. And thanks for the Undine enemy ending feedback. I was debating if I should make it Borg or Undine, I think ill switch it to Borg and make it optional warp in after mission completes for those wanting a little more Borg fun with season 7 refinements as well, and those who don't can simply leave without penalty. :)

Thanks again, hope you enjoy the next part :)

I am glad I could help. I am working on the report for your second submission and will be posting it shortly.

Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    skyline475 wrote: »
    Thank you for your review evil ^.^ As always your opinion is valued and will be implemented into my last episode. Maybe I shouldn't say last, because lately I've been getting ideas for an Ep.4 but havent fully committed to if I'm actually going to write it or not. You know IRL stuff and all. Well thank you again, and happy reviewing xD

As always I am glad I could help and I look forward to the next installment.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hello evil70th,

I have completed 2 missions of a multi-part series, and would very much appreciate feedback when you have some time.

Mission Name: Mechanical Infestations(Pt. I)
    Minimum Level: 50
    Project ID: ST-HSOFQFFC4
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes to 1hour15mins depending on career/difficulty

Both are relatively combat heavy missions with medium amt. of dialogue

Thanks,
    SFHQ

Federation Mission - Mechanical Infestations(Pt. I)
    Project ID: ST-HSOFQFFC4

Report Start

Summary: This is a good battle oriented mission. The map designs are good and the battles are very tough. The story dialogue is well written but not the main point to the mission. I would recommend this mission to all players with the understanding that it is a battle oriented mission. If like missions that have several tough battles then you will love this mission, however I would not recommend this mission on Elite.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good and detailed description. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "Command Ship right out of the noses of the Borg" to read "Command Ship right out from under the noses of the Borg".

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant dialogue needs to be story oriented to draw the player in and make them want to click "Accept". Consider changing the current grant dialogue to be part of the story rather than a report of data obtained in the previous mission.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

MAPS:
    Undine Blockade - Grid 10: This is a good map design with tough battles but those are avoidable if you go around them and pass close to the planet. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Outer Perimeter - Grid 10: This is a good map design with a well written story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Support Station 229: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Regeneration Matrix: This is a nice map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider adding barriers around the edges to prevent the player from falling off. Telling the player they will have to start over if they fall off is not a good way of getting players to continue your missions.

Regeneration Matrix - Inward Mind: This is a good map design with a tough battle and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Support Station 229: This map does not seem to be needed since it basically consists of one dialogue box followed by a map transition. I understand the story you are trying to tell with this map but since the Foundry and the game do not allow you to re-skin the player it feels like an unneeded map transition. Consider adding the short dialogue to the end of the previous map and transition the player to the next map from there.

Outer Perimeter - Grid 10#2: This is a nice map design with well written, albeit short dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sector 2083 Grid 12: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sector 1192: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job developing this combat oriented mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mission Name: This Far No Further
    Author: @Captain_Revo
    Minimum Level: 41+
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 Mins

Hi again,

this is the final part in my 5 part story. You played Emissary of the Pah-wraiths last week, and I hope you enjoy my conclusion. It is already out of the review stage now.

Thanks.

Federation Mission - This Far No Further
    Author: Captain_Revo

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission and a worthy sequel in the series. The map design is great, the battles are tough but fun, and the story dialogue is riveting. This mission is a roller coaster ride from start to finish. I would highly recommend this mission to all players.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. Consider placing the actual mission description at the top. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant and follow on dialogue are well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

MAPS:
    Culver System: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Bajor System: This is a good map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Hathon: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered optional dialogue. This will allow the dialogue to go away once the player interacts with it. It can also be set to go away once a particular task is completed.

Bajor: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sol System: This is a great map design with challenging but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

The Red Wormhole: This is a fantastic map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

U.S.S. Minotaur: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Pah-wraith Vision: This is a good map design with several tough, but fun battles, and very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Minotaur Bridge: This is a great map design with a challenging but fun battle. The story dialogue is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Earth Space Dock: This is a great map design with well written story dialogue and is an excellent wrap up map to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered optional dialogue. This will allow the dialogue to go away once the player interacts with it. It can also be set to go away once a particular task is completed.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You have done a great job with this mission and the entire series. As always I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 10/04/2012 on forum posting for: 'This Far No Further' is available to play
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks again for the review. :)
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi evil70th,

I was hoping you could review 'Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2', the conclusion to part one of the story you reviewed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263444&highlight=argelius

Mission info
    Mission Name: Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2
    Author: captainhunter1
    Minimum Level: 16+
    Project ID: ST-St-HU335TJ20
    Estimated Mission Length: 2 hours

It's currently listed under the 'review' tab. Thanks!
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey, Brian! Got another one for you. This is the sequel to "Finding Resolution" which you helped me out with a while back. Hope you enjoy!

Mission Name: Avenging Resolution
    Author: AJStoner
    Minimum Level: 46+
    Project ID: ST-HD7Y5LARO
    Estimated Mission Length: 90 minutes
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum post

Many thanks,

AJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks again for the review. :)

As always, glad I could help.

Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi evil70th,

I was hoping you could review 'Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2', the conclusion to part one of the story you reviewed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263444&highlight=argelius

Mission info

Hi captainhunter,

Thanks for the review request. Sorry for the late reply but this week has been crazy busy at work and it is going to stay that way into next month. I am taking today and hoping to catch up on the queue. You are 2nd in the queue behind ScaryGuy.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Hey, Brian! Got another one for you. This is the sequel to "Finding Resolution" which you helped me out with a while back. Home you enjoy!

Many thanks,

AJS

Hi AJS,

Welcome back to the queue. This has been a busy couple of weeks at work and it does not look like it will be letting up anytime soon. I am jumping back into the queue today and hopefully will get to yours today. You are currently 3rd in the queue behind captainhunter.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012

You did a good job of fixing the pit issues on the first map but the problem still exist on the second map. Players will not play a mission they have to abort and restart because they fall into a pit and cannot get up. They will become frustrated and drop your mission. For that I reason I still cannot recommend this mission to other players.

I suggest you make the consoles more accessible all the way around the platform. You can place low level enemy mobs around the consoles to make them harder to get to.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi evil70th,

Mission info

Federation Mission - Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2
    Project ID: ST-HU335TJ20

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission and sequel to the previous mission. The map design is excellent; the battles were tough but balanced and fun. The story dialogue is good throughout. I would highly recommend this mission and the series to all players.

For the Mission Description and Grant Dialogue consider changing both to be more story oriented. Your goal with these elements is to draw the player in and make them want to "Hail" and "Accept". The other thing to consider is adding a "Skip Dialogue" button that provides the player with a summary of what they need to continue the mission.

Mission Description: This is a short description with very little story. Consider adding more story to draw the player in and make them want to click the "Hail" button. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: Consider adding story here to draw the player in and make them want to click "Accept". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

MAPS:
    Argelius II capitol: This is a great map design with good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Starfleet Liaison Station: This is a great map design with good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argelius II capitol investigation: This is a great map design with good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argelius II capitol chase: This is a great map design with a good short battle and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Casino: This is a great map design with a tough but fun battle and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argelius II capitol night: This is a great map design a tough but fun battle and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Abandoned Nightclub: This is a great map design a tough but fun battle and good story dialogue. I hate spiders. :) I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Argelius II space: This is a great map design a tough but fun battle and good story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and the series. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your missions in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 11/12/2012 on forum posting for: Perilous Prize - An outrageous Ferengi scheme!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hey, Brian! Got another one for you. This is the sequel to "Finding Resolution" which you helped me out with a while back. Home you enjoy!

Many thanks,

AJS

Federation Mission - Avenging Resolution

Report Start

Summary: This is a good mission with great map designs, several tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I would highly recommend this mission to all players but not on Elite. The battles are tough enough on Normal level.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. Consider moving the actual mission description to the top. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good description but needs a little more story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Consider adding the start location of the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

MAPS:
    Amber Colossus: This is a good map design with some tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider changing the initial dialogue from the player to [OOC] dialogue vice [MissionInfo].
    -Consider spreading the enemy mobs further apart so the player can more easily engage them separately.

Covetous Qritt's Stardust Lounge: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider using triggered optional dialogue that can be removed when the player achieves a certain objective.

Journey to Ker'rat VII: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider reorienting the map to face east to west and use the effect WeatherStarStreaks East-West 01. That effect looks better than the North-South effects.

Overrun Klingon Base A: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Overrun Klingon Base B: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Overrun Klingon Base C: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -One of the NPCs in the tanks is sitting slightly outside the tank.
    -Consider changing "Toe bodies aren't changing" to read "Two bodies aren't changing".

Section 31 Base A: This is a great map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Section 31 Base B: This is a great map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Following the "Confront the Undine leader" task consider changing the response button "Set it for a twenty second dely" to read "Set it for a twenty second delay".

The Second Battle of Ker'rat: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 11/12/2012 on forum posting for: A.J. Stoner Mission catalogue
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Brian, you were right about the east-west vs. north-south starstreaks. It would be nice if it could just be 1 asset that rotated but hey, what do I know?

One thing I was unclear on what you meant:
    Covetous Qritt's Stardust Lounge: -Consider using triggered optional dialogue that can be removed when the player achieves a certain objective.

Thanks,

AJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi evil70th,

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome review. And thanks for squeezing in doing Foundry reviews when you are so swamped!

You're the best! Glad you enjoyed the mission.:)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You did a good job of fixing the pit issues on the first map but the problem still exist on the second map. Players will not play a mission they have to abort and restart because they fall into a pit and cannot get up. They will become frustrated and drop your mission. For that I reason I still cannot recommend this mission to other players.

I suggest you make the consoles more accessible all the way around the platform. You can place low level enemy mobs around the consoles to make them harder to get to.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

Thank you very much for the info. Just to state my intentions in my mission, the last map is intended to be restarted if one or more party members fall...kinda like an STF. Since I can not control respawn points or mission objective resets finely enough, this is the only option:( For now I warn players with OOC text and wait for more control in future updates in the foundry:)

As regards to the consoles, the whole level is meant to be a platformer more so than a run and gun; therefore, placing them such makes it true to that versus adding mobs for difficulty.

Knowing now that those particular things you mentioned is working by design, are they too 'difficult'...or just to 'annoying'? Taking in account the time it takes to beam out and beam back in after falling into the pit, does it take too long for a group of 5 to try and figure out the boss battle? I might not be realizing it because I built it and I knew how to beat it from the start, lol.

Thanks very much. I know you're busy, but I really do appreciate your mission critiquing services:) And this info will help for my space battle I'm gonna try to attach to the beginning of this mission. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Brian, you were right about the east-west vs. north-south starstreaks. It would be nice if it could just be 1 asset that rotated but hey, what do I know?

One thing I was unclear on what you meant:

Thanks,

AJS

The optional triggered dialogue I was referring to is usually set up by using an object placed to provide the player with a button to talk to a NPC. This triggered dialogue can be set to go away once the player has completed a specific objective or once they have initiated that particular dialogue. It gives the author the ability to expand elements of the story that do not have to be a part of the storyline. I learned about it when developing my "Contamination" mission. It is a great story telling tool and removes multiple NPC dialogue indicators that can tend to distract from the story you are trying to tell.

Glad I could help, thanks again for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi evil70th,

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome review. And thanks for squeezing in doing Foundry reviews when you are so swamped!

You're the best! Glad you enjoyed the mission.:)

Thanks Captain. Your mission was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Mission reviews are a good diversion from my work and a way to relax. :)

Thanks for authoring, and keep up the great work.
    Brian
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you very much for the info. Just to state my intentions in my mission, the last map is intended to be restarted if one or more party members fall...kinda like an STF. Since I can not control respawn points or mission objective resets finely enough, this is the only option:( For now I warn players with OOC text and wait for more control in future updates in the foundry:)

As regards to the consoles, the whole level is meant to be a platformer more so than a run and gun; therefore, placing them such makes it true to that versus adding mobs for difficulty.

Knowing now that those particular things you mentioned is working by design, are they too 'difficult'...or just to 'annoying'? Taking in account the time it takes to beam out and beam back in after falling into the pit, does it take too long for a group of 5 to try and figure out the boss battle? I might not be realizing it because I built it and I knew how to beat it from the start, lol.

Thanks very much. I know you're busy, but I really do appreciate your mission critiquing services:) And this info will help for my space battle I'm gonna try to attach to the beginning of this mission. Thanks again.

As always I am glad I could help. There are plenty of tutorials available on Starbase UGC that can help you learn better and easier ways to create mission elements. I learned a lot from those tutorials. Good luck as you move forward in your mission development.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • Options
    logitech007logitech007 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey Evil70th, i have 2 new missions that i would liked to be reviewed by you, since the last 2 missions were reviewed by you i have spent extra time on spelling and grammar so i hope its not that bad this time around, but i might have missed here and there.

Thanks for taking your time to review my parts 3 and 4.
    Logitech007

Mission Name: Tempus fugit: De Road Domus Part three
    Author: Logitech007
    Minimum Level: 35+
    Allegiance: Starfleet
    Project ID: ST-ST-HD4BEXZRY
    Estimated Mission Length: App hour or so
    Method of Report Delivery: Both

Mission Name: Tempus fugit: Domus Part 4
    Author: Logitech007
    Minimum Level: any
    Allegiance: Starfleet
    Project ID: ST-HJ7DUB9SI
    Estimated Mission Length: App 30 or so min
    Method of Report Delivery: Both

Thanks for taking the time to play and i look forward to your feedback.

Thanks
    Logitech007
    Logitech007
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey - How are you going Evil70th.

Got a new mission up that I'd like your assistance in checking. It's called "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey" and it's a Klingon mission. Any level

Thanks, Much appreciated. Baz.