Project ID: ST-HLAJXIZUN
    Estimated Mission Length: 30-45 Minutes
    Method of Report Delivery: Post to this forum thread

Federation Mission - Ghosts of War, Part III ("Chasing Ghosts") - Remaster
    Author: NCC-89471
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST-HLAJXIZUN

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission in the series. From the great map design, battles, and excellent story dialogue this mission is a lot of fun. You did a great job with the updating of this mission. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who like the combination of a good map design, tough, but fun battles, and excellent story dialogue. I was riveted in my seat for this rollercoaster ride of a mission. Great job!

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    1: Bironex Depot - Space: This is a good map design with very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

2: Bironex Depot - Interior: This is a good map design with excellent interaction and very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

3: Ready Room - Interior: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Leneka V - Space: This is a good map design with excellent and very detailed story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Leneka V base - Interior: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

6: Leneka V base - Interior: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -When planting the charges no devices appeared. Consider adding a device each time the player plants a charge. It would add to the story.

7: Leneka V - Space: This is a good map design with tough battles, well written story dialogue, and is a good wrap up to this sequel in the series. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job updating this mission and I had a blast playing it. I look forward to playing/reviewing the next mission in the series.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 09/20/2012 on forum posting for: "Ghosts of War" mission series semi-official discussion thread.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    evil70th wrote: »
    6: Leneka V base - Interior: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -When planting the charges no devices appeared. Consider adding a device each time the player plants a charge. It would add to the story.

What would be a good one to use? Alas, the "spatial charge" asset used in some Cryptic missions doesn't seem to be available.
  • evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What would be a good one to use? Alas, the "spatial charge" asset used in some Cryptic missions doesn't seem to be available.

Since the "Spatial Charge" has not been added as of yet, I would suggest either the "Generator - Mechanical 01" or the "Canister - Mechanical 01". In my opinion they both look good as an explosive charge.

Hope that helps, :)
    Brian
    edited September 2012
    Since the "Spatial Charge" has not been added as of yet, I would suggest either the "Generator - Mechanical 01" or the "Canister - Mechanical 01". In my opinion they both look good as an explosive charge.

Hope that helps, :)
    Brian

OK, thanks. :)
  • aezrinaezrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Greetings! I humbly request a review of my very first Foundry mission. Thank you for your time and the wonderful service you provide.

Mission Name: Connections
    Author: Aezrin
    Minimum Level: Any
    Project ID: ST-HPB69FGK7
    Estimated Mission Length: 10-20 minutes
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

Thank you again.
    edited September 2012
    aezrin wrote: »
    Greetings! I humbly request a review of my very first Foundry mission. Thank you for your time and the wonderful service you provide.

Thank you again.

Hi Aezrin,

Welcome to the queue. I should be able to get to your mission tomorrow night after work. I?ll post here right after. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited September 2012
    I added the generator props to Part III as you suggested. I've also completed and published my Part IV remaster, but I won't bother having you review it since all I really did with it was tweak dialogue here and there, and update all the enemies from Legacy Combat to True Combat - no new maps, assets or major story changes with this one. So, the next time you hear from me, it will be to review the long-awaited Part V, the saga's Battle of Hogwarts. :)
    edited September 2012
    I added the generator props to Part III as you suggested. I've also completed and published my Part IV remaster, but I won't bother having you review it since all I really did with it was tweak dialogue here and there, and update all the enemies from Legacy Combat to True Combat - no new maps, assets or major story changes with this one. So, the next time you hear from me, it will be to review the long-awaited Part V, the saga's Battle of Hogwarts. :)

I am glad I was able to help. Thanks for the information on part IV and the heads up on part V. ;)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited September 2012

Thank you again.

Federation Mission - Connections

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with excellent map design, tough but fun battles and very well written story dialogue. For a very first mission you did outstanding. It makes me look forward to the series you plan to create. If the writing and map design is as good as you have done with this one I look forward to seeing them. You really need to flesh out the description because you are cheating yourself out of potential players who do not read my forum posting. ;) I would definitely recommend this mission to other players.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a short description. You should consider adding a little more story to draw the player in and make them want to click "Hail". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a very intriguing grant dialogue. Consider changing the grant dialogue from [MissionInfo] format. Your use of it in the follow up dialogue is better suited as it actually contains information that pertains to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Consider adding the start location of the first custom map in the initial mission task to include the sector block. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Andoria System: This is a good map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Andoria Debris Site: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider using [MissionInfo] dialogue rather than using [OOC] dialogue for mission specific goals. Specifically the initial dialogue uses [OOC] dialogue to tell the player what they must do to reach the objectives.
    -Consider adding respawn points further into the map. The battles are pretty well balanced but the last one is pretty tough.

Andoria System: This is a good map design with a fun battle and well written story dialogue. However as I proceeded forward to engage the enemy there is dialogue that pops up just before I engaged. I do not think this was intentional. Once I read the dialogue after combat it seemed to fit post combat, except for the "Warped" dialogue which refers to the Klingon ship as if it still existed. Specifically the dialogue says "[Rank], the Klingon ship is somehow creating massive spatial distortions". It almost felt as if the "Warped" dialogue would fit prior to combat and "Warped 2 and 3" dialogues fit post combat.

Fluidic Andoria: This is a good map design with fun optional combat and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The spatial distortion is visible from the minute the player spawns. Was this intentional? Based on the dialogue that follows the "Locate, Beam up Borg tech" tasks it seems that was not intended. Consider making it appear after the task is completed by using the "State" settings on the object.

Andoria System: This is a nice map design with well written story dialogue and is a nice mission wrap up. I understand the need to bring the player back to this map to end the story but you should add a little more in depth explanation of what happened in the dialogue. There is barely enough dialogue there to justify the map I would normally call the lack of dialogue an issue. Add to that you leave us hanging? :) I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "A starfleet task force has already arrived at Andoria" to read "A Starfleet task force has already arrived at Andoria".

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job for your first mission and I am looking forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 09/24/2012 on forum posting for: Connections, 1st mission by Aezrin
  • aezrinaezrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank you very much for reviewing my mission! I appreciate the feedback as well, I look forward to incorporating some excellent suggestions into my next edit of the mission.

Between excellent feedback like yours and what I'm learning on Starbase UGC I feel like I'm on the right direction. I'm acquiring a lot of tips, tricks, and other knowledge bits- things like in-map warping.

Thanks again, I look forward to keeping up the work over the coming weeks!
    edited September 2012
    Thank you very much for reviewing my mission! I appreciate the feedback as well, I look forward to incorporating some excellent suggestions into my next edit of the mission.

Between excellent feedback like yours and what I'm learning on Starbase UGC I feel like I'm on the right direction. I'm acquiring a lot of tips, tricks, and other knowledge bits- things like in-map warping.

Thanks again, I look forward to keeping up the work over the coming weeks!

Glad I could help, and Starbase UGC is a fantastic resource for all authors to use. I highly recommend the ste to all authors.

Thanks for authoring and keep up the great work.
    Brian
  • raydanaytskiraydanaytski Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi,

I'd really like to know what you think of my new mission, so if you have the time, please review it ^^

Mission name: [Reliant2] Ground Control
    Author Name: raydanaytski
    Level: 31+
    Fraction: Starfleet
    Project ID: ST-HEALX5M49
    Estimated Mission Lenght: about 1.5 to 2 hours
    Starting Location: Agrama system in the Alpha Centauri Sector Block

Thanks for helping beginners like myself! It's really great to have someone who knows his stuff in the Foundry you can ask for a review. I hope you like it!
    edited September 2012
    Hi,

I'd really like to know what you think of my new mission, so if you have the time, please review it ^^

Thanks for helping beginners like myself! It's really great to have someone who knows his stuff in the Foundry you can ask for a review. I hope you like it!

Hi raydanaytski,

Thanks for the review request. I am always happy to help. I will start your mission shortly and will post here once I have completed the review.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

Federation Mission - [Reliant2] Ground Control
    Author: raydanaytski

Report Start

Summary: This is a good, albeit a long mission. The map design is good and the story dialogue is very well done. I think there is only one spelling error that I found. The battles on most of the maps range from tough to very tough. While I would definitely recommend this mission to other players I would not play it on elite level as it is tough enough on normal.

Above I mention the length of the mission being long. It is okay to have a long mission as long as there is a story to back it up. I would recommend you put in some "Skip Dialogue" buttons that summarizes the story for the player. Also, I would recommend getting to some of the elements of the story a little faster. You hinted at being trapped in a Holodeck but it took the story a while to get there. That can work against you with some players as they may start to lose interest in the mission. These are things to be aware of and take care when developing the mission.

I noted the excessive use of the response button "Continue" on every single map of this mission. There were a few instances where the player was given a response appropriate to the dialogue. While I realize that Cryptic does this a lot I feel in many circumstances it is distracting from the mission. This becomes especially true when there is dialogue from a BOFF such as a report or something along those lines. In my opinion this is not a show stopper but it is something that needs to be worked on.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: The description is interesting, but you should consider having it focus more on the mission and the story behind it. It is okay to give the player a feel for what will happen in the mission, but you should try to achieve that through the story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "[FirstName][LastName], you have been ordered to join" to read "[Rank] [LastName], you have been ordered to join".

Mission Task: The initial mission task should contain the start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

MAPS:
    Agrama Meeting: This is a good map with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Your use of the response button "Continue". From this point I will note the use on each map and will cover it in my summary.
    -The post "Join the Reliant" dialogue; consider changing "A diplomativ meeting on a Romulan warbird" to read "A diplomatic meeting on a Romulan warbird".

Romulan Ship Interior: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Your use of the response button "Continue".
    -You have a couple NPC characters labeled "UGC Contact". This happens when you have an individual NPC that has not been named. The default is "UGC Contact".

Agrama Meeting 2: This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Mirror Space: This is a good map design with several tough, but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Mirror Reliant: This is a nice map design with some tough battles and short well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Mirror Reliant Bridge: This is a good map design with a very tough battle. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The map transfer dialogue button at the end of the map "Go to Next Map" is the default text that populates that button when nothing is entered. Consider changing it to read "We are ready" or something along those lines.

Mirror Space 2: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

TOS Interior: This is a good map design with some tough battles. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The map transfer dialogue button at the end of the map "Go to Next Map" is the default text that populates that button when nothing is entered. Consider changing it to read "Let's go" or something along those lines.

Risa Space: This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Risa: This is a good map design with some very tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Risa Space 2: This is a good map design with some tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

Romulan Interrogation Station: This is a nice map design with several very tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider adding some more objects to the map to make it feel like more than just a map.

Romulan Ship Interior 2: This is a nice map design with short but well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider adding a little more story explanation to this map. It will make it more enjoyable for the player.

Agrama Meeting 3: This is a good map design with some tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian
  • raydanaytskiraydanaytski Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you very much! I'll be looking over the mission at the end of the week, your summary really helped me getting a feeling for what the story feels like when you don't know yet what comes next...

I'll look into ways to avoid the Continue button, I agree, I admit I think I got a little lazy. And I hope I find a way to include Skip Dialogue options... Have to think about something there.

And faster story progression in the beginning of the mission: I wasn't sure if the story has the right pacing in the beginning when I played it, good to know that that's something I have to tweak, too.

So, again, thank you!
    edited October 2012
    Thank you very much! I'll be looking over the mission at the end of the week, your summary really helped me getting a feeling for what the story feels like when you don't know yet what comes next...

I'll look into ways to avoid the Continue button, I agree, I admit I think I got a little lazy. And I hope I find a way to include Skip Dialogue options... Have to think about something there.

What I use in my missions is a ?Skip Dialogue? that leads to dialogue that summarizes what the player needs to know to continue. That seems to work pretty well.
    And faster story progression in the beginning of the mission: I wasn't sure if the story has the right pacing in the beginning when I played it, good to know that that's something I have to tweak, too.

So, again, thank you!

Always happy to help. The pace of story development is a hard one to judge. It is not always easy for the author to judge their own work. You have to try and forget the next step in the mission and see how the mission dialogue guides you to it. That is not easy to do, even for me. ;)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • chicochavezchicochavez Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hello evil, congrats on the spotlight! I've finally got part two of my series up and ready to play, and I'd like your thoughts on it

Mission Name: Star Trek: Alleginace Part 2
    Author: chicochavez
    Minimum Level: 31+
    Project ID: ST-HQPX3LMP7
    Estimated Mission Length: 1 Hour+
    Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
    edited October 2012
    Hello evil, congrats on the spotlight! I've finally got part two of my series up and ready to play, and I'd like your thoughts on it

Hey chicochavez,

Welcome back to the queue and thanks for the request. I will try to get to your mission tomorrow night after work. I'll post here when it is done.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012

Federation Mission - Star Trek: Alleginace Part 2

Report Start

Summary: This is a good mission and follow up to the previous mission. Your attention to detail in the story is reflected in the writing. Despite the lengthy nature of this mission it was very riveting most of the way through. Your map design was good throughout the mission with plenty of tough battles in between the story dialogue. I think there is enough here for every player, although you may want to consider putting in "Skip Dialogue" buttons, which lead to a summary of information the player needs to continue the mission. I would definitely recommend this mission to other players but not on elite. Some of the ground battles were very tough on normal and would most likely be nearly impossible on elite.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Despite the fact that you included the start location for the first custom map in the grant dialogue, you should consider including it in the initial task. This will help players find your mission start more easily. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

MAPS:
    Kassae System: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Bridge - U.S.S. Glenn H. Curtiss: This is a good map design with well written and very detailed story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Gypsy Train Comet Group: This is a good map design with a good battle and very well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The post "Beam Aboard Survivor" dialogue; consider changing "Perhapse their chief engineer is leaving us a trail" to read "Perhaps their chief engineer is leaving us a trail".

Briar Patch: This is a good map design with a good battle and very well written dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Facility 4028: This is a great map design with several tough battles and one very tough battle. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -There is an issue with the respawn points deeper in the map as you reach the bottom of the facility. On the "Defeat Upgrade Xaz Squad" I had to respawn and ended up far below the map in open space. I had to leave the mission and reenter to continue the mission.
    -Consider changing the "Talk to Dead Agent" button that triggers repeatable dialogue to triggered dialogue using an invisible object to trigger the dialogue. Then once the player has read the dialogue it goes away.
    -I am also not sure how I feel about the dead agents and the conversation that takes place. I think you should leave them alive and just imprisoned beyond the energy bridge.
    -The "Confront Megas" NPCs are all facing the wall of the upper observation room and look like they are interacting with it. It looks odd, was this intentional?
    -The post "Release Bulkhead C-12" dialogue response button; consider changing "Mover out, doubletime" to read "Move out, double time".

Bridge - U.S.S. Glenn H. Curtiss: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue and is a good wrap up to this mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job with this mission and the series so far. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 10/04/2012 on forum posting for: Star Trek: Allegiance (my first mission).
  • chicochavezchicochavez Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the quick review and feedback. I have a few questions for clarification and some responses:

When you first hear the rogue agents on the 4028 map, what option did you chose when your tactical away team member asked for orders?

I set it up so the player has the option to either stun (and have a chance to question the leader), Heavy stun (they're out cold but left alive), or kill, which would leave them as you found them. If you chose an option other then kill, then it's a bug i need to fix. A number of comments I received for my first mission asked for options on how to deal with the enemies, so I set up this so that there would be some visual consequences to their choice.

In terms of the conversation you mentioned, was it a matter of tone, the available responses, or just having them be dead? I will probably go back and switch the conversation to an item like you suggested later, just wanted to get this out then since I've been working on it for so long.

- The characters facing the wall is a bug.....one i thought i had fixed already when testing in the foundry. Will fix tomorrow, too late tonight.

- Respawns are also a bug due to how this map is formed and having to mess around with y coordinates that arn't always consistent. Will go through again and see what I can do. you said you were BELOW the map on the last respawn point? Usually I was ending up above, if thats the case will have to raise the point.

- A question: Did you go into the cell as asked by the console message? I'm trying to get an idea of how often people are or are not. (Not saying if doing so would have helped or hurt you. All I'm saying is that there IS A way to know one way or another if you pay attention to what people are saying earlier in the mission).

- I have been aiming to lean the difficulty for this series more towards "Nintendo" hard without moving into Battletoads territory (please dont let me so old that no one gets this). However I am working into each mission ways to make the mission easier if you use your head a bit)
    Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the quick review and feedback. I have a few questions for clarification and some responses:

When you first hear the rogue agents on the 4028 map, what option did you chose when your tactical away team member asked for orders?

I set it up so the player has the option to either stun (and have a chance to question the leader), Heavy stun (they're out cold but left alive), or kill, which would leave them as you found them. If you chose an option other then kill, then it's a bug i need to fix. A number of comments I received for my first mission asked for options on how to deal with the enemies, so I set up this so that there would be some visual consequences to their choice.

In terms of the conversation you mentioned, was it a matter of tone, the available responses, or just having them be dead? I will probably go back and switch the conversation to an item like you suggested later, just wanted to get this out then since I've been working on it for so long.

The first time through I selected Stun and talked to the agents. The second time, after the respawn point issue, I am not sure which one I selected but the NPCs were face down and apparently dead. The issue I had with that is the button said "Talk to Dead Agents," which did not make sense.
    - The characters facing the wall is a bug.....one i thought i had fixed already when testing in the foundry. Will fix tomorrow, too late tonight.

- Respawns are also a bug due to how this map is formed and having to mess around with y coordinates that arn't always consistent. Will go through again and see what I can do. you said you were BELOW the map on the last respawn point? Usually I was ending up above, if thats the case will have to raise the point.

This could depend on the use of "Y relative to" "Room Platform" or "Zero Altitude". For that map I am not sure which would be best. I would think "Room Platform" but I am not sure. I played with the 4028 map when it was first available but could not get the spawn point or respawn point to work right. If I moved the spawn or respawn points anywhere beyond the first set of stairs going down it did not work. I suspect the map is bugged and needs to be fixed by the DEVs.
    - A question: Did you go into the cell as asked by the console message? I'm trying to get an idea of how often people are or are not. (Not saying if doing so would have helped or hurt you. All I'm saying is that there IS A way to know one way or another if you pay attention to what people are saying earlier in the mission).

Yes I went into the cell.
    - I have been aiming to lean the difficulty for this series more towards "Nintendo" hard without moving into Battletoads territory (please dont let me so old that no one gets this). However I am working into each mission ways to make the mission easier if you use your head a bit)

I never played either Nintendo or Battletoads although I have been messing with computers since they first came around. ;)

The problem with really tough enemy mobs is they can overwhelm a player, especially if they are playing on elite level. Since the respawn points are not working properly on that map you may want to tone down the mobs a little or remove the respawn points below the first level. As far as the story goes I see no portion of the story that would be harmed by toning down some of the mobs.

Hope that helps. Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012
    O Evil One, I have great news: The long-awaited, months-in-the-making fifth installment of my "Ghosts of War" series is at last published and ready for your review!
    Mission name: "Ghosts of War, Part V"
    Author Name: NCC-89471
    Level: 35+
    Faction: Starfleet
    Project ID: ST-HDISRTVDK
    Estimated Mission Length: 1 hour
    Starting Location: Wolf 359 system (Sirius Sector Block, Vulcan sector)
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum post to this thread and/or the GoW series thread
    edited October 2012
    O Evil One, I have great news: The long-awaited, months-in-the-making fifth installment of my "Ghosts of War" series is at last published and ready for your review!

NCC-89471,

Thanks for the review request. I am looking forward to this mission but work has me swamped this week. I will try to get to it before the weekend but if not I will definitely get to it Saturday morning. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012
    NCC-89471,

Thanks for the review request. I am looking forward to this mission but work has me swamped this week. I will try to get to it before the weekend but if not I will definitely get to it Saturday morning. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

No worries - I've already found a few things to tweak on it myself anyway. Which I kind of expected, as this is the biggest and most action-oriented installment yet. It is, as I've described it many times in the past, the saga's Battle of Hogwarts.
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey Evil, got a new one for ya to check out:

"Clean Sweep"
    Fed, Any Level
    ST-HMHPVPQP5
    Est. Length: 45 mins?
    Start Location: Servin system in Regulus Sector

Teaser:
    Behrens Station, one of the largest starship maintenance facilities servicing Starfleet vessels heading to and from the Klingon front, requires your aid providing cover for a task force that will soon be receiving passes by the station's Baryon sweep arrays.

Report to the station and ensure that all ships complete their Baryon particle purging without any interference from the Klingons or other hostile forces.

On top of your usual thoroughness, I'm interested in the feel for the difficulty for both ground and space battles, potential plot holes and how much suck your boffs had trying to get through doors. =)

Thanks!
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey, Evil! Hope you have been well. You reviewed my mission "Finding resolution" a while back and I have a new one for you when you have a chance.

The Far wanderer
    ID: ST-HFXJYEDSW
    FACTION: Federation
    LEVEL: 41+
    PLAY TIME: Aprox. 40 minutes
    GAME PLAY: Investigation, Exploration, some Space Combat, Dialogue Heavy.

Many Thanks, AJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Hey Evil, got a new one for ya to check out:

"Clean Sweep"
    Fed, Any Level
    ST-HMHPVPQP5
    Est. Length: 45 mins?
    Start Location: Servin system in Regulus Sector

Teaser:
    Behrens Station, one of the largest starship maintenance facilities servicing Starfleet vessels heading to and from the Klingon front, requires your aid providing cover for a task force that will soon be receiving passes by the station's Baryon sweep arrays.

Report to the station and ensure that all ships complete their Baryon particle purging without any interference from the Klingons or other hostile forces.

On top of your usual thoroughness, I'm interested in the feel for the difficulty for both ground and space battles, potential plot holes and how much suck your boffs had trying to get through doors. =)

Thanks!

Hey Rogue,

Welcome back to the queue. You are currently 2nd in the queue behind NCC-89471. This has been a pretty busy week at work and I am exhausted. I plan on starting on the queue in the morning and should be able to get through your mission.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Hey, Evil! Hope you have been well. You reviewed my mission "Finding resolution" a while back and I have a new one for you when you have a chance.

The Far wanderer
    ID: ST-HFXJYEDSW
    FACTION: Federation
    LEVEL: 41+
    PLAY TIME: Aprox. 40 minutes
    GAME PLAY: Investigation, Exploration, some Space Combat, Dialogue Heavy.

Many Thanks, AJS

Hey AJS,

Welcome back to the queue. You are 3rd in the queue behind Rogue Enterprise. I plan on starting on the queue first thing in the morning. I'll post here following completion of the review. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited October 2012

Federation Mission - Ghosts of War V
    Author: paxfederatica
    Project ID: ST-HDISRTVDK

Report Start

Summary: This is a riveting mission in the series with great map designs, several tough battles, and excellent story dialogue. I would highly recommend this mission to all players, although not on Elite level. The battles are tough enough on Normal. This episode in your series ties several elements together from the other episodes. It makes me look forward to the next episode in the series, so get back to work on it? ;)

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description with detailed notes for the player. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt:

MAPS:
    1: Utopia Planitia (Interior): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -Commander Veld is standing on the console.

2: Near Earth (Space - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

3: Earth Spacedock (Interior - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with several tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Earth Spacedock (Interior): This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Near Earth (Space - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The "Hail the Pax Federatica" dialogue; consider changing "it may mean these ones are injured" to read "it may mean they are injured".

6: Caves beneath Starfleet Academy (Interior - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The other maps had excellent detail, but this one seemed a little plain. If this is the location where they found Data's head in the TNG series then you should consider adding objects that help make it look more like a mine shaft rather than a series of caves.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission and the entire series. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 10/20/2012 on forum posting for: "Ghosts of War" mission series semi-official discussion thread.
    edited October 2012
    6: Caves beneath Starfleet Academy (Interior - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The other maps had excellent detail, but this one seemed a little plain. If this is the location where they found Data's head in the TNG series then you should consider adding objects that help make it look more like a mine shaft rather than a series of caves.

Unfortunately, none of the available objects really work to that effect. There are mining carts and such, but they're all 24th/25th-century-style, not the late 19th-century look I'd need. So, I decided leaving the caves bare was preferable to adding stuff that would look out of place and distract from the story.
This discussion has been closed.