test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    What you should do is simply file a Bug report. That way it will be seen by the QA team and prioritized based on standard parameters:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh sorry didn't mean to laugh so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I hear no noise in DS9 so im not sure what people are complaining about.

Have you tried upgrading your sound drivers?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Last I heard from audio it was a problem with 7.1 surround sound. If you're hearing the crackling, try turning down/off your surround sound settings and seeing if that helps.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for your suggestions but all those things have been considered. Also it is being discussed on the other topic I linked. Please read the previous comments and you will see how and when it started.

For the sake of the discussion though, all my drivers are up-to-date and I know a bit about these things. It's certainly not an issue with our hardware or the hardware's associated software but an issue that started with the Feb 2, 2012 morning patch.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Since the last few patches, the backgrond noises on Deferi Emancipation have gotten louder. The noise trumps everything els in the room. now I have to turn down volume because the noise is rattling the apartment walls. Its suppossed to de an ore mine. I don't know of any operating mines that care to work there if there earthquakes. I'm just asking to tone down some of that noise on the map.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    Last I heard from audio it was a problem with 7.1 surround sound. If you're hearing the crackling, try turning down/off your surround sound settings and seeing if that helps.

I don't have 7.1 surround or any other surround on at the moment, and I can hear it.

I've also heard it on ground Assault (reverse capture the flag) maps, as well as occasionally on Khitomer Accord Ground.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    There is also no audio for the Belfast Defiant Bridge!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I went from 7.1 (no use anyway, playing with a simple headset) to 2-speakers/headphones in the Win7 sound config for my creative card and also set for all "compatibilities" (44.1, 46, ...) and the noise vanished.

Have not been to DS9 since I reverted some of my changes because sound was crappy in other games after that.

On a different note: If I enable EAX in Win7, is it normal to have echo/steelroom ambience/sewer acoustic --everywhere-- ??
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi Captains!

The audio team has informed me that they have isolated and fixed the problem you are experiencing -- the fix should make its way in-game in a future patch. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can fix the issue by switching your headsets or monitoring systems from a 7.1 surround setting, to a 5.1 or stereo setting.

Finally, it would be helpful to the audio team to let them know if this problem is occurring anywhere else in-game. If you do happen to encounter this problem, please respond to this thread with the name of the location you are at, including the map name if possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please pass on my thanks for the help and the fix! As of the 2/16/2012 patch the noise was gone for me. Again thank you ever so much!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I caught hell for mentioning this in DS9 chat, but I can't hear Leeta's hologram anymore :(
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I am experiencing the same buzz as at da9 on the new "Of Bajor" starting at coordiantes [2/18 12:30] [System] 263 1996 763 and the rest of the way to the first contact of the mission. it comes and goes as well as if something is flying overhead or moving around...

Happening on holo missions as well...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I've got the same buzzing/crackling on Bajor as I did on DS9 as well.

Logitech G35 Headphones.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dribbles wrote:

Logitech G35 Headphones.

Same here. The issue was fixed for me from DS9 but now it moved to Bajor :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. It started again when I got to a specific spot on Bajor and it was constant even after leaving the whole system! It was following me wherever I went and if it is still doing it when I log back in this game will be unplayable for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sadly to say, when I visit Bajor, the buzzing now continues where ever I go until I log out and restart the whole client. .:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dribbles wrote:
    Same here. I was so glad when it stopped buzzing on DS9. Now it's happening on Bajor.
    I'm convinced it's a Cardassian plot to retake the sector.

(I use a Logitech G930 Wireless headset, FWIW)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I muted it because of how bad it was. It's completely ruined the VO work for the new mission for me because I couldn't hear a single cutscene.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wilv wrote: »
    Same here. The issue was fixed for me from DS9 but now it moved to Bajor :rolleyes:
    Sadly to say, when I visit Bajor, the buzzing now continues where ever I go until I log out and restart the whole client. .:mad:

^^ same here
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    the buzing happens all over Bajor

during the prophets cut scene the voices sound like they are being doubled.

using realtech sound on board sound. 5.1 system
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For me, the buzzing starts around the first contacts office on mission "Of Bajor". Close to her entrance to around the corner. If I avoid that area, I don't have the issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For me, the buzzing starts around the first contacts office on mission "Of Bajor". Close to her entrance to around the corner. If I avoid that area, I don't have the issue.

Same exact issue with me. I'm using a Logitech G35.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    getting it also around that lady on bajor g35 headset
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I am all having that buzzing /grinding sound IS BACK heard it first on ds9 promenade that got fixed what Thursday or Wednesday now that same buzzing is back this time on Ground "Of Bajor". mission logitech g930 ali i can say is hear we go again .. i did submit a ticket ID #1,290,823

this is happen out side of Commander Achabe's office..

Just so you guys know there is a temp fix but the issue will return once you Exit the game and log back into game to play STO

1. go to the Audio tab in game change your out put device to something else like external speakers apply
    2. log out not exit out of game . once LONGED OUT EXIT game with the tab on the left .
    3 log back into game as normal
    4 once back in return to audio tab in the options area of the game.
    5 change back your out put device .i.e Logitech g930 and all is ok

UNTIL YOU LOG OUT OF GAME FOR THE NIGHT / DAY note if you have more then 1+ captains you can switch with out any problems if you exit the game and then back in you will have the sound issue buzzing grinding / this is a TEMPORARY FIX hope this help's out . THE temp fix was discovered by a Friend whom had the same issue on DS9 .. whom was trying to fix it on his own ... .

passing it on to others whom might be having the same issue ..

hope Cryptic gets a permanent fix soon . thank for posting guys ..
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    also getting this issue on Bajor, and, like someone mentioned, seems to start semi-reliably by the first contact office

logging out, even exiting game, didn't help for me; logging back in had exact same sound problems - i had to re-boot my system for sound issue to go away, and it returned while passing by that office

oddly enough, i tried switching to a different sound output line, and the sound went away (as did ALL my game sounds) *EXCEPT* in-game voice still came through just fine. I'm not sure why that is, but whatever audio channel they're pumping voice through doesn't seem to be the same channel that game audio sound is going through - maybe that's normal, I don't know, but I did find it mildly interesting

also had this issue till recently on DS9 - that problem seems to have been solved (at least for the moment) for which I thank you - it gives me hope that the problem on bajor is similar, and hopefully, similarly easily fixed - although it's entirely possible it just isn't going to be that easy...but I can hope, can't I?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh thank goodness the noise that was almost making me pray to the porcelain god is finally gone.

Got rid of the Logitech G35 Headset and picked up a Sound Blaster Headset that plugs directly into my sound card.

I was told by a friend Logitech as a company originally had nothing to do with sound so they haven’t perfected their sound systems yet.

Sounder Blaster Headset on the other hand was half the cost of the G35 and the sound I get from the Sound Blaster frickin amazing, a lot better than the G35 and the G35 had great sound, but I truly can’t believe the sound difference between the two of them.

If you are still having the noise problems on DS9 and from what I have read it has spread to Bajor, get rid of the Logitech headset and pick up a Sound Blaster or some other headset from a company that specializes in sound and isn’t just a secondary thought.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad, I didn’t mean to.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the ad, but this not about the headsets as I have even found other brands that are doing it, including aftermarket sound boards with regular speakers. It's about how the game is handling sound output for various virtualization for speaker configs so for your friend to try to blame logitect cause they didn't do sound before is a lame excuse for a problem more widespread than a single manufacturer.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have the issue that used to plague me on DS9 but now on Bajor. DS9 seems to be working properly now but bajor is so screwed up that I have to exit the game entirely to get ride of the horrible buzzing noise. Sound team is 2 for 2 now. :mad:

Realtek alc 888 on-board driver version 6.0.1.6526, through Creative 7.1 surround speaker system.

Donald Trump says "you're fired!"
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MJayMor wrote: »
    Oh thank goodness the noise that was almost making me pray to the porcelain god is finally gone.

Got rid of the Logitech G35 Headset and picked up a Sound Blaster Headset that plugs directly into my sound card.

I was told by a friend Logitech as a company originally had nothing to do with sound so they haven’t perfected their sound systems yet.

Sounder Blaster Headset on the other hand was half the cost of the G35 and the sound I get from the Sound Blaster frickin amazing, a lot better than the G35 and the G35 had great sound, but I truly can’t believe the sound difference between the two of them.

If you are still having the noise problems on DS9 and from what I have read it has spread to Bajor, get rid of the Logitech headset and pick up a Sound Blaster or some other headset from a company that specializes in sound and isn’t just a secondary thought.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad, I didn’t mean to.

Chances are your Logitech is a 7.1 headset and your creative is not. The issue seems to be with anything 7.1 as i have seen several other posts where people have dropped down to 6.1 or 5.1 and the issue goes away. I noticed that in my case the horrid sound seems to be only from my right and left Side channels. Rear right and rear left as well as Center and front right and left seem to be just fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    defendra wrote:
    Chances are your Logitech is a 7.1 headset and your creative is not. The issue seems to be with anything 7.1 as i have seen several other posts where people have dropped down to 6.1 or 5.1 and the issue goes away. I noticed that in my case the horrid sound seems to be only from my right and left Side channels. Rear right and rear left as well as Center and front right and left seem to be just fine.

Only from the side channels? Interesting since my headset is a virtual 7.1 I can't really single out a specific channel since its essencially is one speaker for each side. I am going to have do some playing around with settings.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Only from the side channels? Interesting since my headset is a virtual 7.1 I can't really single out a specific channel since its essencially is one speaker for each side. I am going to have do some playing around with settings.

Yup yup, I read in another thred that someone dropped their settings to 6.1 and the buzzing sound was gone. I have yet to try this.
This discussion has been closed.