Server Merge FAQ

Options

Comments

• gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    Options
    So, anyone on Morai server can confirm if server time is UTC (as PWE states), or is actually an hour off?
    Morai is physically hosted in the Netherlands. The server time follows CET time conventions, usually GMT +1 and observing DST.
    If that's the case, then it only puts my event time calculation for the East Coast off by one hour.

So I'll correct my original post....
    So the biggest complaint with Harshlands is the event times.

The main TW is at 8pm server, so this means that it would change from 8pm Eastern to 5pm Eastern. Pretty much the same times for NW also.
    The afternoon TW is at 2pm, which would make it 11am Eastern.
    The early morning TW (rare) is at 9am, which would make it 6am Eastern.

Overall, since these all occur on Saturday and Sunday, the only real issue will be with the Friday NW battles occurring while most people are still at, or getting off, work; and also with the very rare 5am TW time slot. (Which is really only ever seen in the first week or two of the TW season.)

Basically, now your evening has been freed up to go out with friends, or to a late movie. It also makes the Sunday NW way better for those who have jobs to go to on Monday morning.

Are you guys looking at the times in the right direction? I keep seeing people complain about early morning battles.
    This is nothing like what Europeans playing on East/West coast servers have had to put up with, where their TW times were 3am for a West coast server, or midnight for a East coast server.

​​

The times don't effect me so I will still be playing like normal. But I am getting tired of european people comparing their situation of first joining the game, putting absolutely ZERO work into the game and DECIDING to join US servers to USA harshlands situations where they have years of work put into their toons. Some have spent thousands in cash. They are forced into EU time, they didn't choose. Yes there were no EU servers at one point but once again at that point in time you put zero work into a toon if you left you basically lost nothing.

Stop making the comparison it's just not the same thing. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for people who this really does effect negatively. Not to mention HL is getting suffixed.

Gratz PWI you just lost a bunch of people from one of the biggest cs'ing servers there was :smiley:

Rant over.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    zoldickun wrote: »
    It's totally right BUT I don't think the server time is related to the server location though ;)

Technically true, but I think that server time is simply grabbed from the host OS, so whatever the actual server is configured on, that's what the PWI server process tells the clients. If you want to spot the actual server time, simply open the calendar in the PWI client - server time is noted in the top right corner of that screen.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • enelimm
    enelimm Posts: 332 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance :) I edited the first post and the news to reflect this. We have quite a lot on our plate now but we're also looking into possible arrangements regarding the points you raised. I'll keep you updated once I know more.
    Enelimm
    Community Manager
    ----------
    [FACEBOOK] [SUPPORT]
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    @enelimm

Please just let us know if you are planning to add multiple event times for DawnGlory so the US players are able to participate in events too. Events include - Territoy Resource war, Tiger event, Wednesday Tournament, Friday National War.

Please do let us know as quite alot of people are considering quiting the game because of this. We need some information to atleast convince them to stay.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I am still waiting to hear that we are getting a free bound name change stone if we have a forced name change stone..especially since the maintenance is actually sooner then expected and many people probably didn't delete their alts with the same name as their mains on the alt servers and will have to have initials next to their name they didn't want. This is a forced change of a player's name and you would think you would at least cater to that part of your community of players.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    enelimm wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance :) I edited the first post and the news to reflect this.
    mintsummer wrote: »
    All event gold/gold/coins will be saved. Only demon/sage ticket will be deleted.

@enelimm @mintsummer can you be a bit more specific? The previous claim was that the demon/sage ticket was going to be deleted which is this item: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31536
    Then the claim is that there is a change and the demon/sage card won't be deleted which is this item http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24598

Is the ticket still going to be deleted or not? I haven't had the time yet to scour every mailbox of every alt looking for those tickets and I'd hate to lose them.
    ​​
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    zoldickun wrote: »
    It's totally right BUT I don't think the server time is related to the server location though ;)

Technically true, but I think that server time is simply grabbed from the host OS, so whatever the actual server is configured on, that's what the PWI server process tells the clients. If you want to spot the actual server time, simply open the calendar in the PWI client - server time is noted in the top right corner of that screen.

I'm not really sure about the server time being related to the host OS. It's more likely defined in some config files but I can't be 100% sure.
    That being said, what is sure is that server time is CET/CEST, and, as you said, people that had some doubts about it could have just logged into Morai to easily check it.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    enelimm wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    In the end Demon/Sage cards won't be wiped during the maintenance :) I edited the first post and the news to reflect this. We have quite a lot on our plate now but we're also looking into possible arrangements regarding the points you raised. I'll keep you updated once I know more.

Does that include server transfers tiger-18.gif
    I doubt it but that would be a welcome surprise tiger-18.gif

wishful thinking​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Would there be any chance to apply server suffix to characters on the server that wouldn't get a suffix otherwise if the other similar-named character would otherwise get a double-suffix?

For someone has made a character "KittysamaRT" on both DW and RT(after the server merge-announcement) meaning that Kitty's Kittysama(from RT-server) would become KittysamaRTRT as a result because there's already Kittysama on DW. Meanwhile there's no KittysamaDW on either server. Doing this to similar cases would decrease the cases of double-suffixes a lot.

Otherwise you better send identity stones to people who will suffer from this wickedness.tiger-6.gif

Kitty's 100% certain she's not the only one who's getting (insert some strong swearwords here) on this way by haters.tiger-18.gif

E: And now somebody got a fancy idea to make KittysamaRTRT on both servers...very nice way to ruin Kitty's birthday(which happens to be this 5th August).tiger-14.gif

E2: This makes Kitty feel like wishing she'd rather been on DW instead of RT. So getting renamed KittysamaDW(despite having been from RT-server) doesn't sound bad anymore.tiger-12.gif

E3: Some other victims are RQing PWI atm.
    ​​
    Post edited by kittyempressa on
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    Would there be any chance to apply server suffix to characters on the server that wouldn't get a suffix otherwise if the other similar-named character would otherwise get a double-suffix?

For someone has made a character "KittysamaRT" on both DW and RT(after the server merge-announcement) meaning that Kitty's Kittysama(from RT-server) would become KittysamaRTRT as a result because there's already Kittysama on DW. Meanwhile there's no KittysamaDW on either server. Doing this to similar cases would decrease the cases of double-suffixes a lot.

Otherwise you better send identity stones to people who will suffer from this wickedness.tiger-6.gif

Kitty's 100% certain she's not the only one who's getting (insert some strong swearwords here) on this way by haters.tiger-18.gif
    ​​
    Only 2 suffixes? Lucky.
    I hear tale that Asterelle made certain I will be named KniravenLCLCLC

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • jaderedwine
    jaderedwine Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    How many hours are this maintenance? Can´t find any info about it :(
  • indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Just found out there is another game doing server merges atm and they are handling name changes pretty fairly. If the name already exists on the server and if the account has not been active for a year or more then the incoming player keeps the name and the existing player gets a suffix added to it. The toon that has the name change gets a free name change token that doesnt expire.

• indiaecho
    indiaecho Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1198769/pwi-maintenance-discussion-8-4-15/p1

the info is there if you care to read it
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options

you might try the very 1st post of the maintenance thread. damn.....
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    daymond wrote: »

​​
    Only 2 suffixes? Lucky.
    I was going to but it was already taken :(
  • r9r9r9
    r9r9r9 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    rocky19 wrote: »
    @enelimm

Please just let us know if you are planning to add multiple event times for DawnGlory so the US players are able to participate in events too. Events include - Territoy Resource war, Tiger event, Wednesday Tournament, Friday National War.

Please do let us know as quite alot of people are considering quiting the game because of this. We need some information to atleast convince them to stay.

++1;

NW and TW especially.
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Options
    daymond wrote: »

​​
    Only 2 suffixes? Lucky.

I'm so glad my ingame name has underscores before and after the name, since new names can't be made with symbols/punctuation. Who's laughing now? muahaha!
  • slighthand
    slighthand Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    No one cares about Europe server just the US ones so stop asking ok ?
  • slighthand
    slighthand Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options

E: And now somebody got a fancy idea to make KittysamaRTRT on both servers...very nice way to ruin Kitty's birthday(which happens to be this 5th August).tiger-14.gif

E2: This makes Kitty feel like wishing she'd rather been on DW instead of RT. So getting renamed KittysamaDW(despite having been from RT-server) doesn't sound bad anymore.tiger-12.gif

E3: Some other victims are RQing PWI atm.
    ​​

Why do morons use red font hello it's hard to read.
  • dblazen1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    People ragequitting over suffixes? How on earth did they expect a merge would work when the databases aren't shared? Nothing to be changed and just continue as if it was the exact same server they were on? Don't beg for merges and then ragequit if it has a simple consequence as your name being a bit different. tiger-2.gif
    Maybe PWE will come up with something that you can request a change, doubt it but it'd be nice for the people affected.

Also, this is what people get for being a **** to others, what comes around goes around, they could've seen this coming.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• brithedarkangel#8032
    brithedarkangel#8032 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    I for one wouldn't mind being able to transfer the 2 toons I have/had on (what was) Lost City to what will now be Eitherblade. However I know that will not happen anytime soon if at all.
    I'm an angel I swear I am. The horns are just there to hold my halo up!!
    657410mkknv10dfd.jpg
  • sparklelilly
    sparklelilly Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    omg . you guys better now be done with this merge cause everything that was on my alt account inculding chara arent there. WTH is going on. i thought we get some mess ups but this is bs. put game down again and fix it please now lol.
  • boldevil
    boldevil Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    WHY ARE THE SERVERS DOWN GUYS?
  • dblazen1
    Options
    omg . you guys better now be done with this merge cause everything that was on my alt account inculding chara arent there. WTH is going on. i thought we get some mess ups but this is bs. put game down again and fix it please now lol.

Arrows on the left in the character screen to scroll through them​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    boldevil wrote: »
    WHY ARE THE SERVERS DOWN GUYS?

Down? By what measurements?

Everything appears to be working...(that and I'm logged in, so...)
    current.png​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

mmmmm is the account stash supposed to be permanent cuz mine was there doubled for about 30 seconds after i logged and opened and as soon as i moved an item it poofed to 2 lines lolz....
  • techdawg
    techdawg Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    phage69 wrote: »

mmmmm is the account stash supposed to be permanent cuz mine was there doubled for about 30 seconds after i logged and opened and as soon as i moved an item it poofed to 2 lines lolz....

You're lucky, I never even got the 30 seconds... just 2 lines, no doubling period
    Signature_2.png
  • fyresong
    fyresong Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    I had an account stash on Lost City and one on Sanctuary. I can move items out of it, but can't move items into it, in any of the rows. If I empty it, will the third and fourth rows disappear? I had hoped they would be permanent since both were purchased. It seems unfair to take away something I paid for with Zen. Is there any word on this?
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Options
    techdawg wrote: »

You're lucky, I never even got the 30 seconds... just 2 lines, no doubling period

I figured sumthin like this would happen all that spiffyness was too good to be true :p
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Arrows on the left in the character screen to scroll through them

Where? There is no arrows, my toons did not carry over: http://prntscr.com/811d7t

Cause I totes dont need my catshop. Ticket time I guess, guite annoyed at this ****. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
This discussion has been closed.