Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    If Black Ice is BoP then it being slower for acquire PVE players is not a real issue, and I doubt anyone will really care that much so long as the difference isn't too great.

If Black Ice is not BoP then the issues brought up before are extremely relevant.

In the russian video we can see that black ice is another currency just like glory in the assets tab. We can sell it and that makes me sad.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    You're assuming a lot, all we know is that there is new black ice gear, and it's clearly designed for pvp. So who cares if pve players need more time to farm pvp gear.

The shown gear seems BiS for PVE as well, designed for PVP or not.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    The shown gear seems BiS for PVE as well, designed for PVP or not.

BiS with 4500 arpen. LOLOLOL. :)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    do not make farming black ice in pvp better then in pve
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BiS with 4500 arpen. LOLOLOL. :)

Take away the portion of ArPen above PVE cap and you still get more stat points than with Dread Legion gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    so by looking this video u posted we can only craft tentacy gear? there wasnt any noone pvp gear set when they scrolled in crafting
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Take away the portion of ArPen above PVE cap and you still get more stat points than with Dread Legion gear.

yeah stats numbers are insane 400+ per stat on hands+tentacy
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So this is gear with an incredible amount of tenacity. And you're complaining about it being slower (not harder: slower) to acquire for purely pve players. LOL.

I couldn't care less about the gear , where did I complain about it being slower or harder to get?, what I did say in that post was that it is nice , what the post you quoted did say is that the pvp guilds having the ability to control areas of maps where a highly sought after resource is basically farmable using mining is very worrying , it pretty much gives the pvp guilds the ability to print money if it goes live as a tradeable item .
    warpet wrote: »
    so by looking this video u posted we can only craft tentacy gear? there wasnt any noone pvp gear set when they scrolled in crafting

Well there is a quick look at the basic black ice gear that hasn't been empowered and it hasn't got Tenacity on it so maybe it depends on what you decide to do with it , corrupted upgrade give it offensive stats and purified gives it defensive stats.The guy in the video only seemed to scroll over purified gear and that all had tenacity so maybe corrupted gear is the non tenacity version? I seriously need to know more lol.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    It is possible to harvest or mine black ice in the PVE and PVP areas.
    There are nodes all around the zones that pop up in random places.
    Black ice is also earned in the Heroic Encounters.

Black Ice and PVP-
    Black ice nodes in the PVP area have richer veins but there is a lot of risk in getting to them.
    Black Ice also drops from players, when killed, that are flagged for PVP.

In the end-
    It should be very hard (impossible) for a pvp or pve guild to dominate and lock out anyone else from getting Black Ice as you can gain/earn it in a number of ways, including PVE.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh cool a developer is here , please can you tell us , is there a pvp and pve version of the black ice gear or has it all got tenacity on it?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is possible to harvest or mine black ice in the PVE and PVP areas.
    There are nodes all around the zones that pop up in random places.
    Black ice is also earned in the Heroic Encounters.

Black Ice and PVP-
    Black ice nodes in the PVP area have richer veins but there is a lot of risk in getting to them.
    Black Ice also drops from players, when killed, that are flagged for PVP.

In the end-
    It should be very hard (impossible) for a pvp or pve guild to dominate and lock out anyone else from getting Black Ice as you can gain/earn it in a number of ways, including PVE.

You are absolutely correct that no guilds should be allowed to dominate the market. However if Black Ice is BoE and available in PvP areas then the top PvP guilds will have a free farm amongst themselves, letting all the other PvP players fight for scraps. Just ask yourself, if you were in charge of a top PvP guild(s) what would the best way to take advantage of this be. Mine would be make agreements with the other top guilds, which allow us to free farm our instances to our heart's desire without interference. Because in that case the risk would be near zero and the rewards huge.

If the Black Ice is available in PvE areas in sufficient quantities then this might not be a disastrous drawback, but I can't see that happening. In which case the scenarios given before are exactly what is going to happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    You are absolutely correct that no guilds should be allowed to dominate the market. However if Black Ice is BoE and available in PvP areas then the top PvP guilds will have a free farm amongst themselves, letting all the other PvP players fight for scraps. Just ask yourself, if you were in charge of a top PvP guild(s) what would the best way to take advantage of this be. Mine would be make agreements with the other top guilds, which allow us to free farm our instances to our heart's desire without interference. Because in that case the risk would be near zero and the rewards huge.

If the Black Ice is available in PvE areas in sufficient quantities then this might not be a disastrous drawback, but I can't see that happening. In which case the scenarios given before are exactly what is going to happen.

Yeh pvp guilds are going to make a league to lock the 20-30 instances sending at least 15-20 players on each (large) map just to prevent other pvp players to get black ice as fast as them. That makes sense. This is completely realistic and doesn't sound paranoid at all. Because you know, the whole world is conspiring against you. 600 people who enjoy pvp before anything else in this game are just going to stop fighting each other to make your life miserable. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeh pvp guilds are going to make a league to lock the 20-30 instances sending at least 15-20 players on each (large) map just to prevent other pvp players to get black ice as fast as them. That makes sense. This is completely realistic and doesn't sound paranoid at all. Because you know, the whole world is conspiring against you. 600 people who enjoy pvp before anything else in this game are just going to stop fighting each other to make your life miserable. :rolleyes:

Nice try.

If Black Ice is valuable, PvP guilds will make simply agree to avoid fighting each other and farm separate instances as and when they want. Everyone else takes their chances. Once they get all the Black Ice they want for themselves or to sell then they will PvP.

As every single exploit has proved people will take the easiest way to make money, and this is a guaranteed way to make money without any risk. If you truly believe that this time will be different, then I guess there is nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    i say... u cant collect if u dont kill, make it so that if u score 1 kill u can collect 1 node. So u force pvp guilds fight between them and the rest of us play as casual pvpers.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i hope new gwf and gf set will give power with 2 part bonus
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    We'll see. I think both points are feasible (@diogene and mcono)

There might be too many instances for players to be able to farm black ice in that these PVP guilds will not be able to control them all.

I don't think Cryptic will allow that to continue to happen since this type of "pvp" will be a featured content. Neverwinter is flooded with casuals and their moneymaker is in the lockboxes. Pissing off these players will hurt Cryptic in the long run.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Its not only tenacity.

PVP has HUGE class imbalances. Basically, if you don't play a perma-TR or GWF, you will need to outskill, outluck, outgear your opponent and even then you will probably lose.

Keep in mind, if Cryptic implements a Gauntlgrym style PVP where parties and groups are automatic and universal, that would be less of a problem since the lesser classes can be hidden and just support.

I do not think that is the case though, so prepare to get griefed 24/7 unless you are a geared TR or GWF
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Oh cool a developer is here , please can you tell us , is there a pvp and pve version of the black ice gear or has it all got tenacity on it?

All the crafted Black Ice gear has Tenacity on it. The two sets each have a different focus for their other stats, but either can be worn in PvP.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    All the crafted Black Ice gear has Tenacity on it. The two sets each have a different focus for their other stats, but either can be worn in PvP.

how much i seen on rusian video only special gem slots and 4 set parts are difrent
    did one of sets had still un done main stats or they will have the same ?
    and did u changed how tentacy works for new mod since 1.1k per set part looks like to much
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the reply , personally I pvp most days for fun and the daily so I'll get some use out of tenacity on the new gear but I'm guessing the people who only pve might not be happy about no dedicated black ice pve gear , I guess if the black ice gear is as good as it looked in that Russian livefeed it will still be BiS just with a redundant stat for non pvpers.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So no new PvE gear? That is pretty crappy.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is alot of people drawing conclusions and not considering alot of the balancing the DEVs have stated.

1) each day you take out a contract and decide a "faction" when too many people go to one side, that side freezes up. Ontop of that I would imagine there will be many instances open of these maps, probably hundreds.
    - what this means is that not everyone in a guild will be able to get into the faction if its too popular and second, if a guild IS dominating that map, switch maps....

2) The base black ice gear seems decent buts its only once youve crafted AND empowered it that you get crazy stats. These stats are going to be BIS for PVE and PVP, the fact it has tenacity on it doesnt mean its designed specifically for PVP.
    - The issue the DEVs face is that if it doesnt have tenacity, nobody will want to farm black ice gear since profound will be BIS. If they make it with tenacity, PVE players complain saying its PVP gear so it seems they gave TWO choices (a defensive layout and an offensive layout) both with tenacity so the gear can be used for PVE AND PVP. Now this makes both communities find this gear desirable.

3) I would easily wager that the PVE areas will still be the best place/easiest place to farm black ice. The ONLY exception would be to a big guild able to dominate ONE of the maps. But think about it, if you are a PVEer you will be able to farm black ice without interruption from someone coming by and killing you. NPCs are much easier to handle than other players. So it only stands to reason the risk is ALOT higher in the PVP area so the reward must be as well.

I dont see what people are complaining about at all... If you want to farm in safety (PVE) you get less rewards than if you want to farm with more risk (PVP). That is completely fair and itll be interesting to see how it pans out especially since I would wager if you put a tracker on black ice per hour, itll be higher in the PVE zone UNLESS you can farm the PVP in safety.

What I predict happening is PVP guilds will dominate certain maps, and farm the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of black ice for about 2 weeks then once all the key players have their black ice gear, it will become less popular to dominate maps. If it lasts longer and takes longer then what you will see (hopefully) is a big pvp guild holding a map, and another coming in for a massive battle to wipe out that guild on that map and hold it for themselves, either way, it makes sense to me.
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Can anyone direct me to where the official patch note/dev message stating that companions will be allowed in the new PvP open world is? Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    What I predict happening is PVP guilds will dominate certain maps, and farm the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of black ice for about 2 weeks then once all the key players have their black ice gear, it will become less popular to dominate maps.

But remember , you need to keep on farming black ice to keep empowering it and upgrading it ,it isn't a one time deal where you farm some , craft gear then that's it , you have to keep on farming and re-empowering gear , like you say though we'll see how it plays out.

demidogz wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to where the official patch note/dev message stating that companions will be allowed in the new PvP open world is? Much appreciated.

Read from this post onwards , and remember , this is only the test server ,if they get a lot of negative feedback about it then they could remove companions once you get flagged for pvp . http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635211-Official-Feedback-Thread-PVP-Gameplay&p=7552671&viewfull=1#post7552671
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    - The issue the DEVs face is that if it doesnt have tenacity, nobody will want to farm black ice gear since profound will be BIS. If they make it with tenacity, PVE players complain saying its PVP gear so it seems they gave TWO choices (a defensive layout and an offensive layout) both with tenacity so the gear can be used for PVE AND PVP. Now this makes both communities find this gear desirable.

They can also make PvE and PvP versions of the sets instead of forcing PvE players to use the PvP set if they want the best set.
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    The way these sets were designed, Tenacity is purely a bonus stat on these items. So they really are PvE sets, they just include Tenacity to make them viable in PvP for players who enjoy that gameplay.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tenacity is a free stat on those gear and i love it! I stopped doing pve because i cant handle to waste money on 2 different path
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    The way these sets were designed, Tenacity is purely a bonus stat on these items. So they really are PvE sets, they just include Tenacity to make them viable in PvP for players who enjoy that gameplay.

That is good to know. Thanks! So, correct me if I'm wrong, anyone can make the basic black ice gear, and then farm black ice to 'power up' the gear to become BIS? Meaning the BIS gear is easily accessible to all as long as you are willing to spend time farming black ice? No RNG? No frustrating dungeon bosses? No painful PVP?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    That is good to know. Thanks! So, correct me if I'm wrong, anyone can make the basic black ice gear, and then farm black ice to 'power up' the gear to become BIS? Meaning the BIS gear is easily accessible to all as long as you are willing to spend time farming black ice? No RNG? No frustrating dungeon bosses? No painful PVP?

Yes you buy the basic gear around Caer Konig and then collect or mine black ice then use the new profession to empower the basic gear , I don't think RNG is involved but the only look we have had was in Russian so we will have to wait to be see for sure , it's on preview soon.