test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When i click on game client the window shows up and i put in my password and login then when it loads, instead of going to full screen (or any screen) it goes down to the task bar and when i try to click on it to make it bigger it does nothing. If i hover over the the neverwinter N in the task bar I can see the character select screen in a very small window that shows up right near task bar usually reserved for seeing what web pages you have open.
    Is there any suggestions that you can think of for this?
    Pleas help!!!
    Thank You
  • Options
    zhrkzhrk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still can't find a solution to this problem when trying to log in:

Fatal Error: Hog file incorrect/unreadable version: 7

Technical Details: Hog file incorrect/unreadable version: 7

It happened when I tried to enter Clockwork Tomb, now I can't get inside anymore...
    Please help!!!
  • Options
    ripkordinalripkordinal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still getting Error 36... have done everything.. but nothing helps!
  • Options
    ph3n0m1973ph3n0m1973 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Downloaded the game last night twice..launched it many times..run as admin and followed all the steps and sadly i cant even get past the update part of when i first click the launcher...even changed the .exe file suggested and still no luck.
  • Options
    pmiillepmiille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    updated the neverwinter.exe file, per step 7. no change. guess you had to be in as soon as the servers came up for that to actually do anything. now, it does nothing different.
  • Options
    cherdoscherdos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.

this is my problem i just closed teamviewer and done it work fine thanks you!XDD
  • Options
    deputydog007deputydog007 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Says trying to update the launcher please be patient. Then it times out and opens two blacnk windows.
    This started after the downtime this weekend. I have yet to be able to login..

I have tried solution 7 of downloading the exe file
  • Options
    vitezislamavitezislama Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have problem downloaded the game it patched and move on to loading screen and then it stoped follow the solution 7 but nothing the same problem.
  • Options
    xhizokaxxhizokax Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    hello look download and install the game trying to create me a character and at the end it tells me loing internal server error: Redirect failed. as I fix it?
  • Options
    shillokshillok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem/
    I read and taken all actions at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions.

Even with new Neverwinter.exe still Lancher starts and stays closed in task bar.

All worked well untill server was taken down for AH/AD fix. System had no updates or patches since then. Again NW2 was working well till it was down for scam Fix. Now launcher starts but does nothing but starts a DL of about 60-120K then sits in task bar and can not be opened.
  • Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got a "attempting to connetc to controller tracker" messange i stuck there!

any solution?
  • Options
    ugotme2ugotme2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After trying all of the options above, I was still getting "error code : 36 file was locked that could not be open for writing"
    I found that you could delete the following files:

C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/GameClient.ex
    C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe

Your file location my vary. Good Luck, you may need it.
    :cool:
  • Options
    scottbriscottbri Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ugotme2 wrote: »
    After trying all of the options above, I was still getting "error code : 36 file was locked that could not be open for writing"

Thank you!
    This worked for me!
  • Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i ll be very glad if anyone can help me with my "attempting to connetc to controller tracker" problem....i spam all forum 2 days and now givme an answer..
  • Options
    brynne1brynne1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to get in the game for the last hour. It lets me log in and load, but I can not do a single thing once it loads. This is getting really annoying. Why is the game having an issue this long after the patch was supposedly complete?
  • Options
    ugotme2ugotme2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another issue I just had with the Launcher trying to update and it was locked. This was the one I downloaded from the link above. To fix this issue I was able to restore my Neverwinter.exe to an earlier version (good thing windows saves backup versions automatically). Not sure why the files are coming up "Locked" though.
  • Options
    rockstarbastirockstarbasti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karnemelk1 wrote: »
    Can some one help me?

I have download the game, and launch it. I can log in, but then i cant play it because the launch screen is patching.
    It is patching now for a half hour but dont do anything. Is this because server is down or something? I see the server status is green..

maybe some one can help me with the anwser.

I have the same problem like this... What should we do? Actually game runs normally before the emergency maintenance, but after the maintenance problems appear. I can log-in but it stays at the launcher screen and loading forever...
    Please help!
  • Options
    willowbillowwillowbillow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having patching issues, I keep getting the same "Error 36: a file was locked that could not be open for writing"
    unfortunately, I run linux on my computer and I play though the use of the program Crossover, which for the most part has worked for me, aside from occasional crashing and some input lag (i'm crossing my fingers that a new video card will fix the input lag
    ugotme2 wrote: »

I'd try this suggestion but when i go into my virtual drive and find the appropriate path to where the files mentioned are:
    /home/wifey/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/wifeydrive/drive_c/users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    the only file in that directory is a folder named "piggs"
    halp?

*edit* okay so i have found out during some snooping that that was actually a directory from a previous attempt to play neverwinter, through the progrram playonlinux.

the directory that the Crossover program uses is different, the command that my shortcut runs is
    /home/wifey/.cxoffice/Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter/desktopdata/cxmenu/Desktop.C^3A_users_crossover_Desktop/Neverwinter.lnk

so I go to that directory, and the only file in the "Desktop.C^3A_users_crossover_Desktop" folder is the neverinter.lnk file.

*sigh* so i do some more digging and the closest I can come up with is
    /home/wifey/.cxoffice/Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter/drive_c/users/public
    but there is no games folder.... i dunno, I'm totally lost.
  • Options
    willowbillowwillowbillow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it took some doing but i managed to get a copy of what was going on in the background
    Retrying to delete C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe.deleteme
    Retrying to delete C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe.deleteme
    Giving up deleting C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe.deleteme
    done (1 deleted).                                                     (30.64)
    Deleting rogue files...done (0 deleted).                              (0.01)
    Examining hoggs...done.                                               (0.40)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36
    A file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not delete previously renamed file (C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe.deleteme)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36
    A file was locked that could not be open for writing
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 9.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 8.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 7.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 6.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 5.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 4.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 3.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 2.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 1.
    Patch: Got command DO_BUTTON_ACTION Night:Neverwinter
    startPatch, current root C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live new Night:Neverwinter
    Connecting with root C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
    PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.176:7255
    PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherNNO
    PatchClientLib: successfully connected
    PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server akamai.nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com port 80 prefix Night
    Loading manifest: C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/.patch/NightClient.manifest...done
    Loading hoggs...done.                                                 (0.21)
    Deleting files...Retrying to delete C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/crypticError.exe.deleteme

basically this, on a loop, and i trimmed a lot of the "retrying"s

*edit*
    So the only way i fixed it... was while it was running and trying and failing to patch I opened up the file browser in root and found the "crypticerror,exe.deleteme" and killed it with fire... and then bam there goes the fill screen loading screen for crypticm and then a ridiculously long loading screen for neverwinter... and account authentication ticket failed... whatever, at least then it lets me log in and play.
  • Options
    bonuszmanuszbonuszmanusz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Error 36, game clien exe, still there after doing all what the first post say.
  • Options
    helrumychelrumyc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seem to be having two issues.
    One:
    when I start the launcher there is no launcher version and
    Two:
    I receive a '(null) has encountered an unexpected crash' error whenever I just click the login button even if I don't enter any login information.
  • Options
    funkyvlad1funkyvlad1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    130523 21:07:54 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long. I checked my error log and this is the error can not connect to the patch server? I flushed and redownloaded this game about 3-6 times and restarted the **** out of my computer and still can not connect I know for sure that my internet is fine. Any help regarding this issuse.

Note: I flushed and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that i can not just for the life of it to get past the auto update cryptic thing, Please help!
  • Options
    jokeznzjokeznz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted in the bug forum but I can't login atm. The "Play" button is broken and does nothing when I click it :/
  • Options
    emtaur123emtaur123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My client keeps getting stuck at the "NEVERWINTER"

"Dungeons
    &Dragons"

Wont go any farther, says non responsive and then I have to close it.
  • Options
    thanelamerokthanelamerok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my launcher has no play button. and if there's supposed to be a patch button, it doesn't have that either. on the lower left hand side, where it's supposed to show the progress of the patch, it just shows me the launcher version. i have no way of starting the patch, or even playing the game. help please!
  • Options
    jointheclubjointheclub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! This is a bit off-topic but I don't know where else to post. I am currently downloading the client and I want to know how to pause it. I'm kinda afraid that it will start over again if I just close it. Please advise. Many thanks in advance
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I try to launch Neverwinter it tells me that i have no internet connection but i am connected and the CO and STO launchers work fine and they give me no problem
  • Options
    w00t3rw00t3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried to launch the game from the desktop icon as always and got an error that said that the file is missing. Checked the folder and the launcher is nowhere to be found. Any idea why it got randomly deleted? o.O
  • Options
    takilongtakilong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    w00t3r wrote: »
    Tried to launch the game from the desktop icon as always and got an error that said that the file is missing. Checked the folder and the launcher is nowhere to be found. Any idea why it got randomly deleted? o.O
    Got the same thing today it seems the launcher has been hacked cause when i look in the folder for the game it has changed and now has an auto delete code added to it.
  • Options
    takilongtakilong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher file has changed to read

Neverwinter.exe.deleteme
This discussion has been closed.