What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    ln8ln8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried re-installing to different directories and to the default one, but each time I log in, I get stuck at "Do you have an existing Cryptic Account? Logging in, Please wait...
    [Yes] [No]
    And I'm unable to click yes or no. Any ideas?
  • Options
    yyastonyyaston Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    carrilla12 wrote: »
    Same thing is happening to me, it gets to 78.9MB/278MB and just freezes. I have not been able to get into the game for a couple days now because of this problem.

Well i finally got it to patch now so fingers crossed..
  • Options
    brandonthompsonbrandonthompson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ASKING FOR ONE TIME CODE... says it sent me a Email But its not... I just got off the game DCed... and now I cant get back on cause it's asking for One-Time Code which i did not issues this... I changed my PW and everything! Help me cause I cant log on the site to get support. Everytime I click Support... the page never loads!!!!!
  • Options
    vanossxvanossx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Solution] Update 7:
    Quote Originally Posted by cmpinpointerror View Post
    For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Download link: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...everwinter.exe

^That just messed up my whole client... says wrong password??????QQ havent been able to log on for 3 days xD good luck with the fixes.
  • Options
    haarkon1haarkon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the solution 7 .exe file I've been able to get my two win 7 machines up and running. But my win 8 refuses to update or display any of the scrolling pages. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Options
    jinkazama2012jinkazama2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The solution 7 does not work I went from being able to play since OBT launch to not at all. I have done all options listed. And still nothing. Keeps going to trying to update launcher and will not get to main screen. Plz help thx
  • Options
    sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ASKING FOR ONE TIME CODE... says it sent me a Email But its not... I just got off the game DCed... and now I cant get back on cause it's asking for One-Time Code which i did not issues this... I changed my PW and everything! Help me cause I cant log on the site to get support. Everytime I click Support... the page never loads!!!!!

yea this is happening to me now too. its like every day new things pop up that don't let me log on or it takes 4 hours of work just to play for an hour. hope the hammer the kinks out soon
  • Options
    unholypriusunholyprius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. I pull up launcher. Type in user/pass and log in. Then it says patching. But no other information is displayed. Like no ETA or numbers showing data is actually being transferred. It just sits there. I have re-installed 3 times. I have restarted computer. Tried every fix I could possibly find. It has been 2 days now. Hope they make a fix soon.
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine tries to autopatch when I start it, but it cant connect to apply the patch so I cant even see the launcher.
  • Options
    azazazazazazazazazazazaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was playing was just going to do skirmish when it froze it came off so I tried to go back on but all is said was trying to update launcher then fails :mad:
  • Options
    ostkrokostkrok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skuggan wrote: »
    Mine tries to autopatch when I start it, but it cant connect to apply the patch so I cant even see the launcher.

I've got the same issue.
    14vo5lk.png
  • Options
    muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't log in due to the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate.

"[Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7."

The link provided for Solution Update 7 does not work: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe
    Can somebody please upload this file somewhere else. Thank you.
  • Options
    gigantusomertagigantusomerta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I try to log in I get:

"Trying to update the launcher, please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times"

Then I get:

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist please contact technical support"

The problem isn't my connection, I know this for a fact. So what gives?
  • Options
    anuvialanuvial Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here.. gona try later.
  • Options
    vinge123vinge123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue as the last couple of posters. Can't establish connection to Patch Server, and the link provided in Solution Update 7 in the first post of this thread just times out.
  • Options
    andreroepkeandreroepke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I try to log in I get:

"Trying to update the launcher, please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times"

Then I get:

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist please contact technical support"

The problem isn't my connection, I know this for a fact. So what gives?

Same here, i was playing until last day without problems, and now i got that one. My connection is just fine, so... any solution?
  • Options
    twudtwud Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here...
  • Options
    xavarannxavarann Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made a new email to play this and I cant even login to the game.. :mad: and then the link to replace the .exe is dead... GG
  • Options
    masterheadsmasterheads Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Same as above. Can't establish connection to Patch Server. Link in first post does not work.
  • Options
    macothebestmacothebest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DUDES i cant dowload useing that link :http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...everwinter.exe , wtf , i tried with crome and iexplo and same problem ...
  • Options
    hipponoushipponous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let's just hope, that the problem will be solved soon.
  • Options
    skodmunkforumskodmunkforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys look at the dev tracker forum:

"Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again! "

that was 15 mins ago.
  • Options
    hsthst Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!

What about those who can't download the patch at all?
  • Options
    daffeyness69daffeyness69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i would guess that this is a fresh issue & the original link in solution7 is now out of date.
    Same error new problem so will need a fresh link with updated .exe file
    *sigh*
  • Options
    gkmmorgkmmor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
    Link in solution is dead, probably it does not work and they removed the page...
  • Options
    user31241user31241 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the download link has been deleted because the download no longer work's

i had a backup of the file in a zip folder and normal, renamed and the same name... but still all 4 files no work..

im guessing there just fixing it now somhow with there coding wizard powers.

although they should make the first mount 2 gold not 5. . . it takes me forever to get that. . . and im lvl 26 -.-
  • Options
    silverghost12silverghost12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it seem that they have the same demons to fight as they had a few days ago. I have the same problem with login in server as you have now.
  • Options
    andreas12andreas12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution 7 file cant be found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    borglinborglin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to folder Cryptic Studios>Neverwinter>Live>GameClient. Starts the game for me, try it out. The servers seems to be down tho.
  • Options
    kidmchutt1kidmchutt1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please, if someone have downloaded the Neverwinter.exe file from http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe could you please upload it somewhere? It looks like this server is down, so I'm unable to download it.

This discussion has been closed.