Install Arc
Options

[PC] Combating Gold Spammers

12346»

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well, that's the point, everyone would have their very own client-sided filter with their own keywords in it... i'm only suggesting to use the profanity filter as base, instead of coding a new filter from scratch.

To be more precise, the ability to filter the chat coming from the profanity filter, and the option for client-sided input from the ignore list rolled into one new tool.

I mean sure, the AD sellers can probably come up with ideas like replacing letters with numbers and such, but the advertised "service" message will become unreadable at some point...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    This question has probably been asked before, but I'll ask it anyway:

If you buy Zen for real money, do you still have to do the same 5 quest-lines before getting access to chat, trade and so on?

On Xbox btw, if that makes any difference...
  • Options
    dinonedsdinoneds Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Everything you do to reduce gold sellers and/or bots is well done.
    I like NW very much, I've been playing here for about 2 years. I come from another online game, I won't write its name here but I'll tell you about how they blocked all the bot users and spammers. They were aware of the increasing number of players using bots and other not licit instruments to farm in-game values and/or items. They announced to the community that bots were not allowed in the game and that some restrictions would have been taken against those who used them. After that announcement, the silence: Bot users were increasing more and more, characters that were useless both in pve and pvp became quickly holy beasts. People playing honestly were totally discouraged as they see their own efforts totally overwelmed by bot users's easy and free growth. Many of us quickly ceased each pvp activity: it was totally useless: no matter how much you were good at pvp, if you were a honest, self-made player you were sistematically defeated (and often insulted as well). We finished to play in a strict circle of friends, that simply were not bot users. For weeks and weeks, they did not do anything to stop them, and we started to get more and more angry as they seemed not to have interest in stopping them.
    But it was just a wrong sensation of ours. Developers launched a sort of program that tracked the connections to the servers for a long period and it was able to find all the accounts that were driven by bots and... a nice day, after a patch, the ban-hammer hit them all with a perma ban.
    Temporary bans and other restrictions are not enough to stop bot users, as they continue with their activities after those restricions expire. But hitting them with a perma ban (and, therefore, they cannot have access anymore to the resources they have saved on their own accounts) would be the best therapy against them.
    Moreover, let's talk about "leadership" and about all those programs that auto run it. You've already removed ADs from it, but it's not enough. What about binding to the account everything that comes from it? You could also do the same with the items coming from the spoils of war that we drop from quartermaster enchantments. AH is full of items coming from players who farm them with bots and it's simply discouraging.
    I pray everyday for a nice perma-ban wave that would make this game much cleaner.

lol.. the pvp community in game mostly are the veteran player who play since beta and most of the pvp community either they spent money or grind them self months after months and started pvp. And if u always get defeated because u r an honest player, that means there something wrong with your build! dont blame player who are good and accusing them!!

They nerf the HAMSTER out of dragon's hoard and now quartermaster? i can tell just how greedy and ridicolous your ideas are. They have done pretty amazing job till today i must admit. although there's still botter and gold spammer running around but their population is decreasing.. And if you say AH full of player who bot and sell their items, you are definitely wrong.. there may be some of them but not all.. if you dont like AH then just go HAMSTER make it your self.. refine the enchantment your self, buy those enchanted keys if u want the legend mount or any other mount and grind more! dont be stupid and lazy and stop eating junk food because in your head is full of junk..
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @regenerde said:
    > It use to be easy to report these people in regards to mail spam. You selected message and click on spam. Now, when I do this the message disappears and I'm asked for the person's name or handle. This no longer exists as it is now gone. I still do this but it appears to be a waste of time.
    >
    > It might not help much, but may be the Devs could add a time restriction on the deleting process of accounts/characters...
    > after mails have been send through this account/character, it can't be deleted for 72hrs.
    >
    > Add to that a restriction on sending mails, where you can only send X mails within Y minutes to players on your friendlist or in your guild/alliance.
    >
    > That should give spam reports enough time to find their "targets", and hopefully also slow the mail spam down a bit.

It would only hurt legit players.

BOtter make 100 accounts per minute or more. They would just make a new account and bot again.

We need bot jail trace up from there and prosecute them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The ridiculous here after bot accounts massive bans is the unbans....i see ppl after get unban to boting again in somi etc...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

The ridiculous here after bot accounts massive bans is the unbans....i see ppl after get unban to boting again in somi etc...

That is unfortunate. The only thing I can think is that they were temp banned for a first offense. Please report them in game. The easiest way to do so is to approach them and use the context menu, then choose to ignore them. This will put their handle in your system chat. Highlight their handle in your chat and when you release the mouse button, it will automatically copy the selected text to your clipboard. Open up an in-game or web site ticket and paste in the @handle with as much details as possible about what you're witnessing. You can also email reports to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If, for some reason, the ticket fails to send in game due to the chat filter, use the website support form instead. I always copy my bug/report text body to my clipboard before sending, in case this happens, so I can paste it into a website support forum. A last alternative is to send a PM to any forum Moderator with the handle(s) and as much details as possible and we'll have Julia or Andy forward the report to Support. Although the above methods (in game/website/email) are well preferred for a variety of reasons. Also, keep in mind that perhaps they are on a different account with the same or similar character names, or are different users with the same game-generated names. In any case, reporting bad players is a good thing.

• Options

It would only hurt legit players.

BOtter make 100 accounts per minute or more. They would just make a new account and bot again.

We need bot jail trace up from there and prosecute them.

How would that hurt legit players?
    And how would a new account help AD sellers and botters against these restrictions?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    So, I'm sure I missed this, but why is the report mail spam broken?
    (The error pretending the spammer must not have ever existed.)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    Just a guess, but it appears that they delete the account/character before the spam report reaches them.

Btw. the support can't empty my ignore list... so, it looks like that one is saved on the client side. Which brings me to my next question, is there a way to clear that list out without having to do it 1 entry at the time in game?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

I guess no one cares? There are more important things to fix? To expensive to fix?
    They have enough to do with bot handling anyway?
    regenerde said:

Just a guess, but it appears that they delete the account/character before the spam report reaches them.

... and it would need a bunch of rocket scientists to figure out deleting the mails sent from bot accounts should be marked as invisible.
    regenerde said:

is there a way to clear that list out without having to do it 1 entry at the time in game?

No, there is not yet, and I hope they keep it that way.
    They probably could temper with the mails, but chances are extremely high they destroy many innocent items in mailboxes as a "side effect" with no way of recovery.
    Like a Prophecy of Madness. I am referring to the skirmish. Really.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    bjbrunt#4365 bjbrunt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

I have yet to figure this out myself. When I get one of these mails I do a search for the player. So John@Johnjohn sends me a spam mail. If I try to report it the game tells me he doesn't exist. If I do a people search for my buddy John@Johnjohn, he is usually standing in Protector's Enclave in a "full" instance. I don't understand how the Spam button can't find him, but the Search feature finds him in no time at all.
  • Options
    lenross2#3949 lenross2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Ok so when you miss the quest paths you cannot go back to them, as you are too high a level. Then what? 3 days my missus grinded to levl 60 doing dungeons and stuff. Now on another toon she doing it to unlock by playing quests but is already too high a lvl to get the blackdagger ruins chain. SO how do we fix it if you cant go back.
    She said is shes got to grind all the way through on another toon. She'll delete the whole thing from her PC. Shame there Arc. She just loves the credit card.
    Again how do we fix it if you cant go back as you are too higher levl. the "!" is empty
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    This happened to one of my characters and I just went to the person and they still offered me the quest, they just didn't have the ! above their head. Once I was back on the track it worked the same as if I were a low level character. For me it happened when I went from Dusty to Gnarl in the Black Dagger Ruins. Once I clicked Gnarl and picked up the next quest it worked just fine.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Thank you so much! very very much :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That is awesome. Thank you so much!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    landgin#9540 landgin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As a old pc player and a new PS4 player, I'd say cryptic really damaged new players. No using the ah till 40 and pretty much making the escollard/dragonbone weapons much less useful.

Knee jerk reactions are the worst. Also removing the swordcoast app was both silly and a foolish idea. You should have just bound everything to account.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have been happy with lower exposure to gold spammers from a combination of some attempts to make things harder for the gold spammers to operate and adjusting my own play by basically avoiding PE at almost every cost. Between the guild hall and Port Nyanzaru, there is almost no reason to return to PE. Right now, I think the only reason I have to go to PE is for my free daily dungeon key and an occasional quest and the events.

Would it make sense to add a few of these NPC's in Port Nyanzaru to further minimize the potential interaction with gold spammers? If you read and consider this, I think the port could due with a guild bank as well, it seems to have 3 personal banks only and no guild bank...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Why not simply remove person to person AD trade completely or limit the amount per day you can give to another player? We have an AH for large sales so I see no reason why you can't just limit this. I mean we can't even send AD to our alts without using the exchange and yet you can hand over millions of AD to someone else? So yeah, impose a daily limit and you'll never see another gold seller again.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you have found some way to transfer AD directly to another account without using the AH, report it to the Devs. There is no legitimate way of doing that, AFAIK.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If you have found some way to transfer AD directly to another account without using the AH, report it to the Devs. There is no legitimate way of doing that, AFAIK.

What he/she said. There is no way to transfer AD to another person. People might trade multiple ITEMS for an expensive item but you can not trade AD at all.
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yeah, when I was posting that I did not realize people use the AH to move illegally bought AD. My guild mates corrected me. Lol.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Hey I his foundry race events where the winner gets 1000 zen, I want a direct zen trade option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    deathkknight19#7693 deathkknight19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    this system literally sucks cant say anything in game at all trying to communicate with someone who is trying to help me understand the game and hep me and i cant your system <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> SUCKS THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE YOUR SYSTEM <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> SUCKS MONKEY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    kyosjikenjikyosjikenji Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The amount of restrictions on the players in this game is insane. I've been doing nothing but quests for the last 2 days, hit level 20, and it seems like I'm still barely half way to being able to chat and sell on the auction house. How are any new players supposed to get help or make any money starting off? From what I've been seeing, it seems like the minimum level to start being able to use these functions is level 34-37, which is just dumb. To top it off, you can't just go to the forums to ask questions, as there's yet another ridiculous lock on players from chatting here. I can't even create a new thread to ask questions or post concerns. I only have the ability to hijack other threads and speak what I need. This is insane, and with the bugginess of the zen market not giving me the items I bought, I'm seriously on the fence if this is even a game worth continuing in. I mean, I'm having fun, but it feels like with the lack of GMs and the absurd restrictions, even after spending money, we are more like mindless cattle than players.

Sorry for necroing an old post, but ffs, I had no choice cause I can't create a damn thread.
  • Options
    devilmon#1642 devilmon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello with respect to the quests above I do not have to do it because I have arrived earlier than expected at level 70 and no longer give me the missions that I need to unlock the business and general chat, somebody has the idea that I can do in this case I would not like to have to start over
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

hello with respect to the quests above I do not have to do it because I have arrived earlier than expected at level 70 and no longer give me the missions that I need to unlock the business and general chat, somebody has the idea that I can do in this case I would not like to have to start over

Have you tried switching "show low level quest givers" on? I can't recall where exactly it is in the game options but it's in there somewhere.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    yberioth#7595 yberioth Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been trying to solve those quest chains, and now, at level 48, it forces me to hours over hours, on searching for which quests i might have left out.
    Could someone point out, how to see them in game, as a Quest-chain? couse i simply can't find the missing ones anymore, and it became extremely frustrating to constantly farm old regions over and over, in hopes of somehow unlocking it.
  • Options
    juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    You just have to complete the basic campaigns until neverdeath, there are all the included chains, and you can enter in auction, trade etc, etc
This discussion has been closed.