test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Festival keepie-uppie

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
The upcoming Summer Festival has an interesting twist on the "share with your party" system that we've seen in the Winter Festival.

"LF4M Sahha, no clumsies"
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Great. I still have hundreds of gifts left, from winter event :smiley:
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Tropical fashion is either going to be a huge win, or an eye bleeding cringe. Knowing their habits it'll be more tiefling unfriendly junk.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That's going to be very interesting. :) I saw it on the calendar yesterday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Tenser? OMG :confused:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    rannonhu said:

Tenser? OMG :confused:

Note that mithral tickets are "a chance at".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Getting 300 volleys seems unlikely for most players anyway.

You kind of have to assume each game allows multiple volleys. Though that makes me wonder how much skill is involved in keeping the ball in play.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @defiantone99 another ZEN item wink wink
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Getting 300 volleys seems unlikely for most players anyway.

You kind of have to assume each game allows multiple volleys. Though that makes me wonder how much skill is involved in keeping the ball in play.
    we have to see how the volley is counted, looks like will be a 10 man party match, so 10 ball to use, but it will count every ball puted to the match or every hit in the ball ? reaaly hard to undestand before seen the real thing...

If it count only the number of balls it realy is a "pay to TRY to win" like the lockboxes
    because a pay to win would not give you a only a chance to get the prize.... :tongue:
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    sounds.. disappointing. I was hoping it would be more like the winterfest , where you could just do one a day on each toon.

waste of time it appears.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Because nothing says "fun, relaxing summer" quite like doing the same thing 300 times and playing lotto tickets!
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    it might bring tenser prices down... the only reason i care =) Still have the currency from last year
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    We going to get news on the event today!?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2016

sounds.. disappointing. I was hoping it would be more like the winterfest , where you could just do one a day on each toon.

waste of time it appears.

It is like that. Just the party involves a game so instead of yelling at each other for not giving the right amount gifts we'll be yelling at each other for missing volleys.
    zibadawa said:

Because nothing says "fun, relaxing summer" quite like doing the same thing 300 times and playing lotto tickets!

I don't get where people think that this is going to take 300 tries. The ball is like the winter bags and you'll get multiple volleys per ball. It'll probably play out similarly to the winter gifts as far as getting to the highest tier.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    For clarification, and this is something that should become clear as you are introduced to sahha via the event quests, there are two distinct sahha related activities.

Ticket-ball juggling which is cooperative and sahha exhibition matches that are competitive.

Ticket-ball juggling is an activity you can engage in with your party anywhere, given that you have a ticket-ball. Any volleys by you or nearby party members count towards your total, and each ticket-ball can be volleyed 30 times if the ball is not allowed to despawn early by remaining on the ground for a few seconds. Your volley total remains throughout the duration of the event.

Exhibition matches are queued, competitive and volleys in competitive matches have no impact on your total juggles for ticket-balls. That being said, playing an exhibition match can earn you some of the same tickets, in addition it is one of the methods for earning a daily ticket-ball.

Ticket-balls are not designed to be too difficult to volley, even a single player should be able to keep one aloft, albeit with more difficulty than 2 or 5 players. In addition, grouping up will mean everyone gets more rewards.

We're very excited that sahha is now available to you all and we hope you enjoy the festivities!
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Did YOU enjoy the festivities?

Cause ..
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Personally I am enjoying the festivities (except for the very annoying reset time when the exhibition match's ball goes out of bounds).

It's really not that hard to get to 30 volleys. One party of 5 players with a perfect volley score of 30 per ball and you have 150 volleys. My parties have been decent but far from perfect and I'm well on the way to 300.

@asterdahl - The ball is VERY hard to see while in motion unless graphic settings are cranked all the way up. Please adjust the render priority (for both forms of the game) so that the ball has the highest render priority, not a low priority.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Sorry to say it, but the ball game is not worth spending time on.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    I enjoyed playing Sahha... well for the 5 mins of the 10 min match I was able to play. The other 5 mins being reset to play again, not so much! :(
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @asterdahl, please check your mail ;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Take your purple ball, go to your SH with a full party, stand in the nook just to the right of the ramp up to the coffer deck, kick the ball into the corner, and one person just keep hitting it as it goes up and down 30 times. Done. Wash Rince Repeat with everyone's and enjoy the rewards.

Note, the ball can get stuck on the textures... If there's another very tall inside corner that works better, let me know :)

You can get one volley doing this inside the goals with the free balls on the sahha field too, hit it 30 times total get a volley - but in the corner you don't have to chase the ball around.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Get VIP for multiple toons and open your boxes, better chance to get your AD and other items.

This grind is hilariously insane, its totally great that you inform players afterwards for 2 different gamestyles, way to go.

GJ. im not touching this event, mod 10 is what im gonna play and elol + CN easy runs with my guild. easy AD easy drops, this is a waste of time. Those who enjoy, have fun.

PS. i cant even see the ball
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    kvet said:

Take your purple ball, go to your SH with a full party, stand in the nook just to the right of the ramp up to the coffer deck, kick the ball into the corner, and one person just keep hitting it as it goes up and down 30 times.

I just wanted to chime in as I think a lot of players might be nervous about this suggestion, but I wanted to let you all know that we are not considering this an exploit and it's completely fine if this is your preferred method of gaining volleys.

We designed the juggling itself with the hope that it would not be too difficult to keep it up with a group of 3-5 friends, but we also acknowledged that if players want to just play catch with a wall that's fine too. Whichever method you prefer. Just keep in mind that teaming up with other players will net you more rewards, as you'll receive some rewards from other players ticket-balls as well.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    The above developer just demeaned a Neverwinter event. Sorry but i cant make this more clear or less rude.

They are giving us tools to "exploit" this event, fact.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    ball out of bounds ...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    asterdahl said:

kvet said:

Take your purple ball, go to your SH with a full party, stand in the nook just to the right of the ramp up to the coffer deck, kick the ball into the corner, and one person just keep hitting it as it goes up and down 30 times.

I just wanted to chime in as I think a lot of players might be nervous about this suggestion, but I wanted to let you all know that we are not considering this an exploit and it's completely fine if this is your preferred method of gaining volleys.

We designed the juggling itself with the hope that it would not be too difficult to keep it up with a group of 3-5 friends, but we also acknowledged that if players want to just play catch with a wall that's fine too. Whichever method you prefer. Just keep in mind that teaming up with other players will net you more rewards, as you'll receive some rewards from other players ticket-balls as well.
    Lesson learned. Devs are telling us to go in a corner and play with our balls by ourselves. Just bring a group to watch because it's more rewarding that way.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I think he just wanted to ease people's minds about using a possible exploit, and the consequences that would come along with it. Man you guys are harsh sometimes..... Thanks for the info asterdahl
  • Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    1200 and nothing - lesson learned - again