test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in News & Announcements

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Finally some progress! Next, some overdue class balance would be nice :)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Thank You. I will be playing again soon it looks like.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Glad to see some progress. I had left the game a few weeks after mod 6 released. I was very upset with the Mod 6 stat curve, loss of most dungeons and skirmishes, and the nerfs to the gems which gave us a chance to find refining stones. I spent alot of money on this game which made it even more sad for me. Someday, I will return if you guys keep working to make this game great again. thx again!
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    This is great news for those that are still playing the game. Too little, too late for me personally, but happy for the community.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    a welcome change,
    metalldjt wrote: »
    we need mobs that dont one shot.
    we need mobs that attack faster, better recharge speed
    so decrease the damage by 70%, and increase their recharge speed !

QFE

and try bringing back some of the disable dungeons, i dunno maybe in the 60-69 range where all we do is grind and grind and grind and grind.

in 20 years of online gaming this is the only game i've ever played where i get noticeably weaker as i level past 60.
  • Options
    bishqueenagainbishqueenagain Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah, too little, too late.. ive spent so much money on this game, just to stop playing it after mod6.. it ruined the whole game for me, im affraid.. and its a shame, cause i loved it.. i had so much passion for the game until mod6.. now i only feel sad..
  • Options
    coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Happy to see the changes. Sorry they took this long to make. The loss of players was a devastating disappointment. To see guilds go from 50-100 active players drop to less than 50% of that was terrible error on your part.

Thank you for the changes. I will see if they make enough of a difference to make the game playable without a group for every encounter now. The loss of being able to run around SOLO was one of the biggest disappointments from Mod 6.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    *Pulls out trombone*
    Happy days are here again!

Well, moderately happy day's again. :)
  • Options
    melface32melface32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you... hopefully it is a big difference because I am almost giving up in reaching level 70. instead i went back to replay levels 1-60 with another character.
  • Options
    seadragonxseadragonx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Although I like this... kinda late aint it?
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    So what about places like Valindra's Tower/Malabog's Castle/Kessell's Retreat/Shores of Tuern/Lair of Lostmauth? Does this mean that the minions and bosses won't do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loads of unpredictable oneshot damage to us as well? I think it makes perfect sense to get one hit KO'ed if you stand in a red zone. But things that aren't telegraphed shouldn't be destroying you instantly.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I would very much like to see more substantial overload XP rewards... specifically, Power Points. The new 70's are struggling.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    bruiengostbruiengost Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    it would be nice if i was able to play the game but since stronghold came out i cant log in to play so ive gone back to Guild Wars 2 wich works great not like neverwinter and its log in problems that my self and many others are haveing.
  • Options
    roll0verroll0ver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I welcome these adjustments, these are the kinds of changes we asked for in the wake of Mod 6. Some whisper that this was being considered would have been encouraging and avoided some of the exodus I have seen. This, when it happens, may well be too little far too late. I suppose time alone will tell.

Pro-tip: Adding "BAM" like it is some lightning-quick response to player feedback is just insulting.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    This is GOOD, these are the kind of changes that have been requested by a lot of the playerbase, I look forward to this.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Good, hope this means my GF no longer has to worry about a baby spiderling sneaking up behind me and killing me, resulting in a party wipe....

To be honest, I only wish this for the dungeons. I don't want to go back to mod 5 solo content where NOTHING can come remotely close to ever killing you.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    All good changes. There is now hope that I will be able to advance my SW through Sharandar, DR and IWD without being in a party of 3 or more. The frustration has been mind melting.

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    THANK. GAWD. IADT.
    (It's About Damned Time)
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    All very good news, even if a little too long in arriving. Just one question, when will these changes actually be implemented ? The phrase 'These changes will be going out soon on PC,' is a little vague. The only thing I know for certain is that they did not go in as part of today's maintenance as I still have 6 Vigilance tasks to complete on my alt to hit the magic 16 on his final ordeal in Spinward Rise.
  • Options
    u121503u121503 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What is the ETA for this update other than "soon", are we talking about "soon" today or "soon" maybe this week/month?
  • Options
    leafusleafus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Two words come to mind for the real reason behind this update: Declining numbers.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Wow. Honestly, I had totally given up hope on changes like this. I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Quick question: can we have a ballpark amount of the damage reduction? I suppose we'll figure it out anyway, though.

Nervertheless, YAY!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    This is AWESOME news! Glad the community is having an impact in these solutions.

Keep up the good work. Strongholds is excellent!!!
    Miri Droverson

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This addresses a lot of outstanding concerns. Very curious to see how the game "feels" once this goes live.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yay! : ) lets go play the content and see how it feels!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    According to the blog, the changes aren't live yet, though I suspect that they will be very soon.

One of the first things I'll have to do when this goes live is to do another playthrough of my Foundry quest. Mod 6 made what I considered "hard mode" to be "nightmare mode", so now I'll have to see if it's back to normal. I'm still somewhat concerned, since it was built with Mod 5 mechanics in mind, including in-combat regen and mod 5 potion cooldown time. There's only one way to find out though.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    These are positive, well received changes. This makes me see NWO in a more positive light. I hope to see more progress like this
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Yay!! I may actually run WoD dailies again. Well done. This is what I call progress :)

I'm surprised no one has QQ'd "But I ran all of those EE quest lines 16 times each. Where's my free <item of your choice>?"

Now, about those missing dungeons . . .
    I aim to misbehave