test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter in 2015!

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Welcome to: Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter in 2015!

Historically, my polls were filled with well researched/thought provoking questions. In recent years, I prefer polls that are more community driven. In 2013 I created one of the most popular polls in Neverwinter history (45 pages chock full of player opinions on what the community wanted to see - and didnt want to see - from Cryptic).

Time for the forum community to roll up our sleeves again, and make a better Neverwinter for the lot of us this year and the following!

I'd like everyone to put their Role Playing hats on and imagine you are a Cryptic Neverwinter developer. Your challenge?

You have been given the green light to fix or remove, or add anything you'd like to the game, but you only have
188 DAYS to get it ready for a major patch on August 1st, 2015.

Make a list of the top things you'd fix or add in Neverwinter if you were tasked with such a radically cool responsibility!

** This list is a Work in Progress. Please be patient. Due to the outstanding contributions of the Neverwinter forum community, these ideas will take time to sort out. I'm keeping the count... so keep em coming! **

1 Refinement system needs a massive rework, in terms of ability to refine, points needed and refinements dropped.
- Needs a adjustment so that legit play can earn you legendary for an item in less than six months ish.
- the UI with a move away from drag and drop to something more user friendly
- the RP value of refining items and the RP progression values for gear

2 Foundry update and rehaul.
- More involvement with the Foundry and Foundry authors
- Complete overhaul and improved rewards for foundry
- Someone whose job it would be to take care of the Foundry on a regular basis. Fix the bugs, work on giving us new features & content, and keeping us informed of all the things that are happening (& not happening) on their end. Someone to work on foundry full time, and TALK to us
- Add branches and "OR" logic to Foundry allowing multiple choices/outcomes
- Player housing and/or guild housing should exist and should be linked to the foundry.
- Foundry players gain access to Rental Pricing in the Store. Great way to try out mounts and other items that can be purchased at full price for use outside the Foundry. New loot drop system and other incentives to encourage play.
- Fix exploits.
- Give Foundry a role in the end game so community "MAKES" the end game.

3 More Challenge in PvE/Dungeons.
- New Difficulty settings for each quest, allowing challenge based on number of members in the party. Big boon to guilds and pugs alike.

4 Build in a new "experience system" for Artifacts and Equipment

5 Need/Greed Loot system rehaul to negate party drama and UI annoyances
- Preset Loot Options by party leader when quest goes up on LFG or even better eliminate
- Loot is moved to chests. All party members get loot. If 5 people are in the dungeon, all 5 people should get the same chance at loot.

6 Revamp of the Looking for Group (LFG) system. Look at DDOs state of the art LFG system for features. Enable inviting people to party from inside a dungeon.
7 PVE and PVP separations. PVE population wants balance issues to end.
8 More than just Melee.
- Give us more complicated tasks like exploration tasks where we have to find something (Maybe WITHOUT the sparkly trail leading us right to it without requiring any effort at all)
- Find a secret entrance to a heavily guarded fortress
- Roleplaying tasks like solve a problem between two feuding families by talking things out (rather than mindlessly killing everything in sight)
- Choosing which of two people to help in a crisis.
9 Rework Weapon and Armor enchantments to create more build diversity
10 Rework crafting professions to be useful.
- The interface is clunky, some rewards make no sense (Black Ice Armor without needing any armorsmithing profession?)
11 Make the levelling process HARDER not easier.
- You can rush from 1-60 in no time. The Uselessness of Professions also comes from that.
12 Rework Gauntlgrym
13 Kilts!
14 GF's (and probably the new Paladin) needs more sustained dps.
15 User created pvp maps
16 Fix pvp matchmaking. Match can be started between parties with same set of classes and gear score comparisons occurs between players with same class. For pre60 levels remove/restrain level upscaling and ran same gear score matchmaking system.
17 No more Dailies
- I play games for fun, not for work, many joined game for foundry.
18 Lower the transmutation costs
- 50k+ AD for one piece of gear is too high
19 Fix item stacking system (or lack thereof)
20 Improve custom chat channel tools

* Don't be afraid to list something someone else has already mentioned. The more "votes" something gets, the higher up on the Top 20 it goes! Also if you don't see it on the list already, mention it, it might just bump something off the list!

** My promise to the community is a simple one. I'll do what I can to get the results of our poll get to the powers that be. So
keep it clean, keep it positive, and let's get something done, together!

*** I'm making a grand list of great ideas based on this thread, delivering it to the developers, and creating a PDF file for public view, so keep putting those thinking caps on!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    remove or reduce the ridiculous RNG drop rate.

GF needs rework.

and a better dungeons for mod 6.

Refinement needs complete ultra super duper overhaul or remove.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's a thread I posted weeks ago: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787761-Suggestion-for-a-new-quot-experience-quot-system-for-Artifacts-and-Equipment

It's my number one change to the game. Forget 20, I put all my eggs in this basket.

So obviously this has been a hot topic since more Artifacts and Artifact Equipment was announced for Module 5. Over a month ago, I suggested a system where earned Experience could be used as a resource to help grow Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. The goal of such a system would allow people more freedom to build and advance their characters simply by playing the game. Right now there is an enormously high level of frustration as to how expensive and tedious it is to level your Artifacts and Artifact Equip.

Here is the new system I propose. First, Experience becomes a resource that is tracked on your Riches tab. Collecting Experience begins from day one. You don't need to be 60 to start collecting Artifacts, so you shouldn't have to be 60 to start collecting Experience. A simple mock up is here:
    43PLNBI.jpg

You can see at the bottom the Experience resource is neatly added to the bottom. The currency tab is already being revamped for Module 5, so I don't believe this is a major technical hurdle. Next to the Experience count is the "Use" button, exactly identical to the Black Ice resource.

When a player hits the Use button, another interface is brought up:
    nsk4AZD.jpg

The Item Empowerment screen, again identical in function to the existing Black Ice Empowerment. The screen lists your available Experience points you can allocate, and lists all your equipped Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. If something is already at maximum rank, the equipment will be listed, but you will be unable to add more experience.

Now all you do is simply use the slider (or 100% to allocate it all) to decide how much experience you wish to add to the Artifact. If enough experience is added to enable the Artifact to "Rank Up", after the experience is allocated, the 100% button turns to the "Rank Up!" button, and you cannot allocate more experience until the Artifact is refined to the next level. Pressing the "Rank Up!" button brings up the traditional refining interface for this.
    a4ZF1h2.jpg

Now what's the ROI that justifies the change?

First, it allows players to focus on just playing the game, while still feeling like they have control over advancing their Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. Since nearly everything in this game gives experience, players can chose how they want to play and still make progress. They're not forced to feel like they have to "grind" a particular path in order to keep advancing.

And happy players are satisfied players. And satisfied players are you best customers, and advocates to new or potential customers. Bottom line: Happy players spend money.

Secondly, the current experience boosters become more relevant to post-60 play, meaning more players have more reasons to purchase these from the Zen shop. If you want to rank up an Artifact more quickly, you might purchase a large or huge experience booster to double the rate at which you receive experience to help speed up the process.

Third, it turns content that might otherwise be viewed as boring or repetitive into opportunities to earn more experience for your artifacts. Doing existing Campaign dailies even after you finished the Campaign could potentially become a lucrative way to earn experience for your artifacts, as well as running dungeon or skirmish content with friends or new players, even though you don't need any of the drops. However, the experience earned will go a long way towards improving your existing equipment.

Fourth, it's not something that 3rd party farmers and bots can produce and sell back to players. The experience you earned is earned via your own play. There's no way for farmers to monetize this, which takes away from Cryptic, as well as generally leads to less happy experience (via attempts to exploit) for players.

And Fifth, it's more satisfying to know that your power level is directly related to how much you continue to play. And as new Artifacts and Artifact Equipment is released, it's not as stressful to start to replace other gear by simply playing the game...and it also gives you an incentive to keep playing and building and experience pool in anticipation of new equipment.

I even think it's reasonable to make this experience pool account-wide to help (and encourage) people to grow their alts, and not make starting a second, third or tenth character seem like such a mountain to climb

Anyway, I'm sure the rest of the community can continue to come up with ways this alternate path to leveling Artifacts and Artifact Equipment would be a much welcome addition.

Please keep in mind I'm not advocating changing anything about the current Refinement system. Using equipment, stones and enchants is still a valid path to ranking up your Artifacts or Artifact Equipment. If you feel like you'd rather farm stones, or purchases stacks off the AH, that's totally cool. But multiple paths to advancement to help supplement is never a bad thing.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1- change back life steal changes to what it is now, proc chance and severity is bs
    2 - change back GWF determination gain to work from damage taken not % health lost
    3 - remove piercing damage from game
    4 - rework game engine to work with more players instead of vomiting out its innards at 0.5 FPS
    5 - fix some weapon and armor enchantments to be useful
    6 - fix weapon dyes
    7 - fix refining so it doesnt cause physical damage to your arm
    8 - fix dragon hoard internal cooldown to work in foundries
    9 - change artifact equipment refining process so its not so stupid and annoying and slow
    10 - rework enchantments, getting 22x rank 12 is insane, its 140mil+ at the very least
    11 - fix cc immunities like unstoppable so they are immunities, instead of you getting knocked around anyways, just a bit less
    12 - fix this bs stack system on gwf and increase base damages
    13 - remove stupid autoprocs like stormspell
    14 - add a bunch of new pvp maps and modes
    15 - fix foundry to be useful again - user created pvp maps and stuff
    16 - fix rogues so they cant attack while in stealth as it should be
    17 - fix kicking in pvp and ban a bunch of kickers
    18 - fix leaderboard so its harder to abuse and ban ppl abusing it
    19 - fix queue system use average gear level to make more balanced teams
    20 - fix that annoying thing that makes you to wait on finished professions while they slowly become available 1 by 1
    21 - add another slot for dragon hoard and such so you dont have to sacrifice movement speed. slot would still be on same items, just you could keep the movement speed
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm envisioning here I have a team of 20 Devs, and each with their own specialities to adress some of these suggestions.

1) Ensure all skill nodes are acessible.

2) Invent the "Event Cash Conversion" NPC so currency from a past event can count towards a current one, or converted to a future one (provided it is a repeated event). Restriction on only maximum 500 of any given Event currency converted in a day (24 hr RL time period) to help prevent exploits, and bot usage.

3) Neck Slot Fashion items introduced. High Quality ones purchaseable in Zen Market, or rank 20 of Professions.

4) Bring back the ability to dye weapons.

5) Weekly Wonderous Bazaar sale of a Zen Market item to run in conjunction with the Zen Market sales. Item in Wonderous Bazaar would be differnt from those in the Zen Market sale. Value based upon Zen/AD conversion cap. ( IE: If it's 500 Zen in the ZM then it's 250000 AD in the WB.)

6) Foundry has "autoemote" placeables such as chairs where an emote is assigned to them for an action, but they only show up as sparkly rather than "press F to _____". Movement cancels the emote.

7) A FEW minor animations such as "sit on chair" (as the Throne item has already" that can be exctracted from existing objects/ animations, and rename "dances seductively" as "dances whilst waving".

8) Reduce Stealth Crit chance to 90%, rather than 100%. Otherwise leave Rogues alone.

9) Fix the Fey Thistle "autojog" problem in reading all NPCs as potential threatening targets which makes using Emotes very hard.

10) Double check all Guilds DO have at least 5 players/ accounts in them, and disband those that are 1-2 player/ accounts to help stop the "cheats" for Gauntlegrym, and storage. Items from Guild Bank in these faux guilds can be placed into one of the Founders' inventories. (They do have Overflow bags.) Alternatively give a fair warning of a MONTH that these "cheat guilds" are going to be cleansed.

11) Give the Tiamat instance the ability to boot players from that instance back into Well of Dragons after 10 minutes of AFK. (This is by no means a cure for the AFK problems, but it could catch some of the AFKers off guard that are just waiting for a fail reward.)

12) Introduce a script that can read if a player has stayed in a dungeon or skimish as "Disconnected" for more than 10 minutes, and boot them to the nearest area to that specified dungeon/skirmish. The default boot area (if none is adjacent to the dungeon/skirmish) would be Protector's Enclave.

13) Change Smoke Bomb to an area shading effect (turns black and white in a certain radius) rather than a particle effect.

14) The proposed Guild Strongholds should feature a small Arena where Guild Members can pick a temporary faction (changable at will via NPC) to test builds, and hold Guild Tournaments in privately.

15) Create the option to leave a review on a Foundry WITHOUT giving any stars.

16) Foundry Authors can be given better top rewards for legit Foundries such as a Zen Coupon according to their ranking (1, 5, 10 foundries PLUS 500 stars 10000 stars, 50000 stars - something like that). Zen Coupon is generated for equivelent rank (Common, Rare, Epic), is Bound to Account, and takes 100% off ONE item of that rank.

17) More Decor placables in Foundry (3-4 per catagory):
    Rugs
    Kitchen appliances
    Sinks & a Toilet
    Dungeon Equipment (nothing bloody)
    Wall Paintings

Field of Flowers
    Hills (Grass or Sand)
    Dirt/Sand Pile
    Water / Lava

18) Fashion Items of Request Purchasable Individually (for less than an outfit) on Wonderous Bazaar:

Pants
    Kilt
    Tank Top
    Bodice/ Vest
    Skull Cap
    Scarf/ Bandanna (across forehead)

19 & 20 left open. (If 19 and 20 were people they'd be assisting the other 18 as needed.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First off... We need a better Guild system !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you promote DND And Neverwinter so badly yet you guys have the worst guild system out there... Its no better then guildwars/2.... We need to change this !!!
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. More Holiday Fashion gear Like XMas Outfits and Bunny Ears.
    2. Add Timer Controls to the Foundry
    3. Add Random Dice machines (2-10 probabilities) to the Foundry
    4. Add Random traps to all the old dungeons, like the ones in that Magical Fort in WoD
    5. Only Rogues and Those with Dungeoneering (Maybe 80% chance) Skill can see traps
    6. Give Rogues a 90% chance to remove traps, Rogue Kits 50%, all others BOOM
    7. Use the Collection to Unlock New fashion gear, Emotes, and maybe a new pet
    8. Remove NEED from Dungeons, Ya either want it or ya don't
    9. Option to move the Dungeon Item Popups from the center of the screen to the side or minimize
    10. An Annual Horse Derby Event, where players can earn mount upgrades and new mount
    11. Rework all the Weapon and Armor Enchantments
    12. Option to remove enchantment visuals but leave mandatory in PVP areas
    13. AD Transfer between Account Characters
    14. Fashion and Mount Storage slots. Each can start out with 8 with options to purchase (ZEN) more
    15. Add a Third (or more) Paragon path to all classes
    16. More colors, hair options, scars, and tattoos at character creation
    17. New underwear styles and colors and option to color
    18. Lower the cost for Transmuting
    19. New Just for Fun Hack & Slash areas (All Monsters Welcomed)
    20. Give Companions better stats
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps not in the priority order, but here is a list:

1. Small but extremely annoying bug fix, like boons not working correctly, enchants get destroyed if committed together into artifact weapon, mailbox bugs, custom channels moderation commands (mute / unmute).

2. Quick way to re-slot powers. (not the scroll and right click, but a true hot key /bar option)

3. Fashion and Transmutes storage. And mount stable.

4. More bag slots. More Bank space.

5. Separate PvE & PvP skill effects, this crying and buff/nerf arguments are tiresome.

6. Walk / Run, Riding animations fix, Female TRs have discarded SW walks animation instead of the original TR.
    More Emote / Animation Packs and perhaps can be custom attack (encounters/dailies/ at-wills) / run /walk animation one can buy and slot. Other games, especially the MOBA types living on this...

7. Bring back halflings ! The new halflings models are subpar. The old looked much much better, why there was need to change them ???

8. Foundry usefulness & Foundry PvP addition.

9. Refining carpal tunnel syndrome UI.

10. Price per Item column in AH (see no reason why i should use a calculator each time i want to sell / buy something)

11. Profession resources in shared bank and guild bank.

12. Cant have a list and not mention "Disable enchant Visuals" !

13. Ability to 'queue' into dungeons as is, if the party not full, from solo to 4 and not get additional people (locked party). (solo/duo queuing).

14. Add the loot options requested over and over, some may like them some not, give us the option to use or not.

15. Option to invite a person to ongoing dungeon, with limitation to prevent kick exploit, in example only if the person invites replacment for himself or to replace someone that disconnected longer than N minutes but not on kick.

16. What Ironzerg said ^.

17. Option to order the Char list on the login screen.

18. Chat log, should be an option to log the chat into a file, preferably auto compress it after a week and make new one.

19. Item transmute / wearing preview before buying it.

20. Something Challenging to do in PvE.... Dailies are not it.
  • Options
    g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's possible some of my suggestions are already in the game and I do not know about them.

Quality of Life improvements --

1. Transmute tool that can exchange
    • RP between artifacts
    • speed between mounts
    • upgrades between companions
    So you put in a purple Man at Arms and a white Con Artist, click the button, and get a white Man at Arms and a purple Con Artist.
    2. Add stat reroll to retraining token
    3. Add origin / deity reroll token for ~200 Zen (and include in race reroll)
    4. Cheaper appearance transmutes for gear -- price in gold, not AD
    5. Review & balance companion and mount prices in Zen store

Improve the Foundry --

6. Allow us to save, copy, edit, and import Foundry maps from our own hard drives
    7. Allow forked quest paths
    8. Allow boss monsters, such as dragons
    9. Add a Foundry "campaign" similar to current PvP campaign, with weekly tasks such as review a foundry, play a featured foundry, publish a foundry
    10. Allow PvP Foundry maps

New lateral content --

11. Aim for >2 new classes a year
    12. Or new paragon paths for existing classes
    13. Adapt all remaining skirmishes to CTAs

New vertical content --

14. New dungeons
    15. Increase difficulty and rewards of current dungeons
    16. 1-2 more campaigns

Streamline endgame --

17. Replace dailies with weeklies (that offer the same advancement as doing 7 dailies)

Deal with PvP --

18. Separate PvP into two tiers --
    • free to play, as current
    • pay-to-play (~50 Zen per match), where gear is normalized

Improve the official forums --

19. Allow players to signal their agreement / disagreement with other player posts
    20. More communication from the devs
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1)Allow us to arrange guildies by @handles

2) unbind RP items, or increase drop rates. There is no sense in trying to get more arti gear when you can't refine the stuff you have

3)Undo the changes to professions where they take so long to finish after they're finished and when I click a new job, send me to that jobs page.

4) unbind the barkshields, or at least bind then to account.

5) put epic rewards back in epic dungeons. At least drop more RP items.

6) make it easier to switch out powers

7)let group leaders take "need" rolls out.

8) I understand it's gambling, and you usually lose when gambling, but getting a R4 enchant from a lockbox is ridiculous.

9) buff the lesser used weapon and armor enchants. Reducing ICDs would be a good start.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Here's a thread I posted weeks ago: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787761-Suggestion-for-a-new-quot-experience-quot-system-for-Artifacts-and-Equipment

It's my number one change to the game. Forget 20, I put all my eggs in this basket.

So obviously this has been a hot topic since more Artifacts and Artifact Equipment was announced for Module 5. Over a month ago, I suggested a system where earned Experience could be used as a resource to help grow Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. The goal of such a system would allow people more freedom to build and advance their characters simply by playing the game. Right now there is an enormously high level of frustration as to how expensive and tedious it is to level your Artifacts and Artifact Equip.

Here is the new system I propose. First, Experience becomes a resource that is tracked on your Riches tab. Collecting Experience begins from day one. You don't need to be 60 to start collecting Artifacts, so you shouldn't have to be 60 to start collecting Experience. A simple mock up is here:
    43PLNBI.jpg

You can see at the bottom the Experience resource is neatly added to the bottom. The currency tab is already being revamped for Module 5, so I don't believe this is a major technical hurdle. Next to the Experience count is the "Use" button, exactly identical to the Black Ice resource.

When a player hits the Use button, another interface is brought up:
    nsk4AZD.jpg

The Item Empowerment screen, again identical in function to the existing Black Ice Empowerment. The screen lists your available Experience points you can allocate, and lists all your equipped Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. If something is already at maximum rank, the equipment will be listed, but you will be unable to add more experience.

Now all you do is simply use the slider (or 100% to allocate it all) to decide how much experience you wish to add to the Artifact. If enough experience is added to enable the Artifact to "Rank Up", after the experience is allocated, the 100% button turns to the "Rank Up!" button, and you cannot allocate more experience until the Artifact is refined to the next level. Pressing the "Rank Up!" button brings up the traditional refining interface for this.
    a4ZF1h2.jpg

Now what's the ROI that justifies the change?

First, it allows players to focus on just playing the game, while still feeling like they have control over advancing their Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. Since nearly everything in this game gives experience, players can chose how they want to play and still make progress. They're not forced to feel like they have to "grind" a particular path in order to keep advancing.

And happy players are satisfied players. And satisfied players are you best customers, and advocates to new or potential customers. Bottom line: Happy players spend money.

Secondly, the current experience boosters become more relevant to post-60 play, meaning more players have more reasons to purchase these from the Zen shop. If you want to rank up an Artifact more quickly, you might purchase a large or huge experience booster to double the rate at which you receive experience to help speed up the process.

Third, it turns content that might otherwise be viewed as boring or repetitive into opportunities to earn more experience for your artifacts. Doing existing Campaign dailies even after you finished the Campaign could potentially become a lucrative way to earn experience for your artifacts, as well as running dungeon or skirmish content with friends or new players, even though you don't need any of the drops. However, the experience earned will go a long way towards improving your existing equipment.

Fourth, it's not something that 3rd party farmers and bots can produce and sell back to players. The experience you earned is earned via your own play. There's no way for farmers to monetize this, which takes away from Cryptic, as well as generally leads to less happy experience (via attempts to exploit) for players.

And Fifth, it's more satisfying to know that your power level is directly related to how much you continue to play. And as new Artifacts and Artifact Equipment is released, it's not as stressful to start to replace other gear by simply playing the game...and it also gives you an incentive to keep playing and building and experience pool in anticipation of new equipment.

I even think it's reasonable to make this experience pool account-wide to help (and encourage) people to grow their alts, and not make starting a second, third or tenth character seem like such a mountain to climb

Anyway, I'm sure the rest of the community can continue to come up with ways this alternate path to leveling Artifacts and Artifact Equipment would be a much welcome addition.

Please keep in mind I'm not advocating changing anything about the current Refinement system. Using equipment, stones and enchants is still a valid path to ranking up your Artifacts or Artifact Equipment. If you feel like you'd rather farm stones, or purchases stacks off the AH, that's totally cool. But multiple paths to advancement to help supplement is never a bad thing.

Exactly this with highest priority.

Additionally I would like to see following fixes:

1. Correct and complete power/talent/companion descriptions (some powers do not work as described, others have effects that are not mentioned anywhere)
    2. Repair bugged powers/talents/boons, so that they work correctly and as intended
    3. Return the displaced cages in the Tayan Hideout and Dread Tower dungeons where they belong
    4. Rework weapon and armor enchantments and make it possible to disable visualization
    5. Make it possible for groups to enter Tiamats Temple together
    6. Introduce a Tier system for PVP, so that players with similar skills and experience get added to the same match
    7. Add a PVP 1v1 and 2v2 Arena with the possibility for targeted match making (2 players who want to battle can do so, guilds that want to do internal tournaments can do so)
    8. Make all skirmishes (including Blacklake Terror) accessible
    9. Option to order the Charlist on the login screen
    10. Increase the max amount of passive companionslots
    11. Bankdeposit for profession items
    12. Rework companions, so non-augments have more impact on play than only their active bonus
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fix searching/sorting in the AH

some things just don't work (SINCE BETA) like searching for armor slot enchantments or searching for enchantments stats.
  • Options
    pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    all idea's are great <3

I wish..you guys rework the RNG"s

or.just remove them.

Il give you an exemple..HOW RNG can ignore the highest chances %)

Im at 64 % crit chance PvPer (gwf full bis).

I cannot compete with my other gwf friends 30-40 % Crit chance max ( with wepmastery feature ).

They do like 90% of time 2/3 of encounters a crit. and I maybe 1/3 with 64 %.. )
    Wepmastery : hit 5 times u get 10 % crit.
    My friend with wep mastery : 41-42 % crit chance .
    My basic crit chance (without wep mastery) 45 %.

They can with my *basic* crit chance crit 2/3 of times usualy.

I barely can 1/3 with 64 % crit chance.

I stacked huge crit and HUge dex..to get 64 % crit chance ( buffs etc)..

In real world and mathematic ( In other games to : 64 % CHANCE in general is better then 30-40%..actual is DOUBLE the chance).

Yet i fail terrible.

I tested a lot with my friends..the number are same.

This *luck* thingy and rng Just makes my crit /deflect chances (ya..deflect is weird to )..useless.

SO the point here : remove the RNG ...at least on Player %status.
    make it respect the value.
    Never allow that 30% wins over 64 % with a 90% rate.
    TEsted a Lot.

its been my issue since ever.

And rework Warlock to...with 55 % crit chance..I see a lot of yellows ( make all skill/dot crit on warlock ).

So ya...Fix/Remove RNG
  • Options
    silresilre Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    01. Create a system to remove afk players from event instances. Tiamat's Event suffers from them as so Gauntlgrym. Along with this rework VoteKick prompts (and maybe Loot/Friend Requests too) to create sort of "silence mode" that will prevent them from popping in front of player during important moment. I suggest to prompt them in a chat as System Notification with ability to maximize notification window. Player will be able turn this mode on/off from main UI.
    02. Create tabs for powers/feats/dailies setup. Instead of dragging icon from Character menu, player will be able to swap entire set with single click or hot-key. It still applies cooldowns for switching. By default player can have only one tab, and additional tabs will be available through Zen-store.
    03. Make "greed only" loot mode for Dungeons. In this mode player can only choose Greed or Pass on any item regardless his class. This mode sets by voting just like VoteKick.
    04. Make special flag for parties which currently in dungeons. Party leader may set this flag if party is not full to gain access to PE zone chat (/lfg channel) and to invite players in his party. There is a potential abuse with speed runs and then party members swapping, but it shouldn't interferer with main game mechanics. This flag sets by voting just like VoteKick.
    05. Remove Profession Nodes and Skill Kits. Rework Skill system. I know this is vague request, but I heard a lot of complains from hight level players about them and I stopped use them personally aside from a few puzzles in dungeons. I think it's better to incorporate profession resources in loot tables, and make Skills to be a foundation for in-depth non-combat challenges. It's possible later to introduce tools, consumables and progression to improve current skill.
    06. Add Class Reroll Token same to Race Reroll Token currently available in Zen store.
    07. Merge multiple seals drop from bosses in one item.
    08. Fix instances clean up, so players could re-enter queue for same event. Sometimes it's necessary to relogin to be able to be queue again or wait significant amount of time.
    09. Rework Foundry loot system. Prevent any loot drops (aside from money) within Foundry quest and create separate vendor with special currency dedicated to Foundry only. By completing Foundry quest, player will get amount of this special currency from reward chest to buy something. Also author will be able to includes additional rewards for things like dialogues/mini-boss killing/secrets, but they will be active only if Foundry received Featured status (i.e. approved by Cryptic).
    10. Add larger World Map for Foundry. When player travels from one foundry map to another use this map instead of current world map. This will allow use actual Forgotten Realms locations.
    11. If a costume was applied on a mob in Foundry, this mob will gain in-combat sounds from a character used for costume. For example, if Legion Devil was dressed like Drow Warrior, he will inherit all sound effects from that Drow Warrior.
    12. Fix Skill usage during Item interactions in Foundry quest.
    13. Add Hunter Ranger gear into Foundry Assets and update existing class gear.
    14. Allow two exits from each map in foundry quest. One is used by Story Board and other transfers player on different map. It shouldn't interfere with Story Board system, I guess.
    15. Make possible to flag Foundry map as PvP map. This will flag all player on this map for PvP, but disable Story Board, Encounters and Traps. Foundry quest flagged for PvP may have only one map with no transitions points and should be listed separately from other Foundry quests.
    16. Create Fashion Items based on Foundry NPC gear. This will allow to eventually upgrade NPC creating processes in Foundry and provide large number of Fashion Items for players.
    17. Make item that allows to restore original model of transmuted item similar to Dye Remover currently available in Zen store.
    18. Fix PvP matchmaking. Match can be started between parties with same set of classes and gear score comparisons occurs between players with same class. For pre60 levels remove/restrain level upscaling and ran same gear score matchmaking system.
    19. Introduce separate ranked PvP matches. This can be done by replacing gear stats with preset values upon entering into the match. Player Powers and Feats should remain intact, boons might disabled. Idea of these matches is to present competitive scene and more friendly environment for newcomers.
    20. Introduce Events when players can earn point to upgrade their companions/mounts.

21. Run faction statistics for win/losses in Gauntlgrym. I'm curios.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1-20: Revitalize Foundry. Give the authors an expanded detail set (if the detail is in the game, it should be in the Foundry). Add a viable reward system so that people have a reason to play them other than good story and a fun adventure. Give the quest list some dev attention to remove the exploits (the ones we've been reporting all this time, using the built in report-an-exploit thing when you review a quest).
  • Options
    trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Refinement system needs to change. A simple Solution? Place an extra x99 refinement slot.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    1. Make foundry the pve/pvp end game that it should be.

2. Fix bugs, update items/skills/prices.

3. Make pvp tournaments and find a good way to view the action, i suggest viewer cam to be moba cam while inside game action to stay the same, also add guests slots to matches.
  • Options
    lordsiedlordsied Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    give gf unstopable :D
  • Options
    thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If I were an almighty developer? Code wizard, model artist, and godly at what I do? Here we go!

In no particular order of importance:

1. Build in a new system for upgrading Artifacts / Artifact Equipment that isn't so onerous, be it the suggested "Experience System" or something else.

2. Implement "Collect All" button for collecting results of all finished Profession Tasks, and a "Repeat All" button or 'default Profession tasks' setup of some kind. Basically, give a way to collect the results of profession tasks and restart them after faster than the current 50+ clicks. It's tedious.

3. Give those who pre-purchased the Dragonborn Legend Pack the Metallic Dragonborn, or something else to reward having bought the item in that manner and under the impression it was a) on sale and b) wouldn't be on the Zen Market. It would be a real treat and a big step towards reconciliation with those who felt cheated by the way that promotion went.

4. Provide a way to earn green/blue/purple quality profession assets - primarily tools - via means that do not require use of the Zen Market.

5. Make Zen Market companions account-wide.

6. Reduce prices for increasing companion maximum ranks, or provide another way to do it that, again, doesn't require use of the Zen Market and luck on the lockbox draw.

7. Reduce prices on Mount Training manuals. Actually, revamp that whole thing. Maybe, if you possess a +110% mount, all of your mounts are 110%? It's very detrimental to ride a cool-looking mount because it's of lower rank than the fastest mount one possesses, and it shouldn't be - if you've a cool mount, you should get to use it without paying several million AD to do it.

8. Provide a mount storage space, similar to the profession, companions, etc. bags / storage space. Let people collect horsies!

9. Polishing on the gear transmutation system. Perhaps a wardrobe system of some kind where one can pick looks and dyes, and into which they can deposit items to unlock that item's models for future picking?

10. The character models. Just... the character models. They need help. Less 'oily', fix the chins, necks and... well, there's long threads on this. Character appearance options. They could be so much better.

11. I'm not a Foundry author, nor do I play it often, but if Foundry were more rewarding, I'd be totally into seeing what others can create. So, maybe, opening up the hood of the Foundry and improving everything regarding it. I can't really speak for foundry authors and what they'd need to make their job easier and more enjoyable, but I can tell you that, as a player, the rewards would have to be improved greatly for me to consider playing the Foundry a practical use of my game time.

12. No more bosses that do instant oneshotty stuff without telegraphing it properly. Epic Garakas, I'm looking straight at you. The hug-and-spin dance that classes without block or dodge have to do there is not enjoyable.

13. Design dungeons that emphasize the use and value of tanking / healing more, perhaps. There's a tanking class and a healing class in this game, and they're both mandatory by how the LFG system works, but in many dungeons they're just not needed at all due to how the encounters are designed. This is an issue.

14. Design campaigns that do not require either luck or an unreasonably huge time and effort commitment to finish boons on, especially if the luck factor is connected to content that will 'go stale'. Eg. the Tyranny of Dragons boon books. In fact, just make campaigns a bit less grindy overall. Dread Ring boon-grabbing was okay - grindy, but not TOO time-consuming. Sharandar and Icewind are onerous. Tyranny is utterly frustrating.

15. Revamp of the LFG system to something a bit more user-friendly. Enabling inviting people to party from inside a dungeon.

16. Performance optimization improvements (bandwidth and graphics both), especially in high population areas and encounters. (Tiamat, I'm looking at you. I still lag there sometimes thanks to a hurricane of SFX).

17. Removal of dyes without the use of a 'Dye Remover' item. C'mon now. My poor Rogue has pink boots cause they came off the AH with the questing dye pack.

18. Revamp of the Vorpal Enchantment's SFX. It's a bit painful to look at, especially on large items.

19. Fix a ton of clipping issues on various armors, weapons, etc.

20. Create more appearance customization options for dragonborn.

21. Enable 2 default sets of powers that can be switched between, so folks can set up AoE loadouts and single-target loadouts side-by-side and switch between them quickly instead of having to drag powers into their bars in the middle of an epic battle. Tiamat made apparent how much of a boon this would be to have.
  • Options
    stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Adjust refinement success percentages or adjust refinement materials required for higher end upgrades to reduce the overall grinding.

2. Remodel refinement UI to reduce the repetative clicking required to load 5 items for refining. Players spend more time clicking to refine than actually playing.

3. Event currency market. This market allows exchanging currencies between events and availability of older event items for purchase.

4. Make companions purchased account wide for past and future purchases. Alternatively create an item to un-bind companions from a character but not an account. The process of unbinding would reset the companions level, but not it's quality.

5. Mount inventory similar to idle companion inventory.

6. Create additional inventory bag slots opened via zen market items.

7. Adjust Crafting leveling speed to coincide with character leveling. Now players hit level 60 and crafting is far behind rendering it useless to the player.

8. Implement a build set system to store a set of powers and feats and allow for swapping in non-combat moments.
    (Reasoning: I'd like to PvP on occassion, why must I spend AD to completely respec my paragon path in order to be competitive? I've got a few friends who want to run a dungeon but I'm spec'd more as a healer and we already have one.
    Solution: Give us 2 build tabs by default with up to 4 unlockable with a zen shop item. These build sets store only powers and feats. Respec of ability points like STR, CON, DEX ect will remain as is.)

9. Implement audio option to mute other player's companions.

10. Resolve instances of campaign window and power window items from bouncing.

11. Apply options to prioritize inventory sorting from items picked up. (i.e. set bag 4 as primarily a potion bag.)

12. Implement a loot all function. When there are a lot of items on the ground to pick up, allow a single button press to loot all items nearby.

13. Fix Tooltip recommended equipment. (recommends gear that does not work with spec.)

14. Create a Fashion Bank to hold items meant to be fashion or equipment desired for appearance alteration.

15. Create a Lockbox Vendor. This vendor will allow a player to trade one lockbox for another. For instance, a player can trade a lockbox that is currently dropping for a Nightmare lockbox.

16. Once a user hits max level and unlocked all powers, convert earned experience points to refinement points with a flip of a checkbox option. Refinement points are applied to the lowest rank enhancement.

17. Resolve issues with companions not showing up in Stormcoast Adventures.

18. Implement Enchanting Craft. Used to create enhancement items for armor, weapons, and companions. Potentially convert Enhancements from one type to another.

19. Allow more currencies to be deposited in a players bank. (Holiday/event, AD, and campaign tokens)

20. Create Runestones for Companions that expand the companions ability set. Striker, leader, or defender runestones that add taunts for defenders, buffs for leaders, and damaging abilities for strikers. This could potentially help make them more useful compared to augment companions...
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1 Fix broken game mechanics that allow players to grief other players, such as poaching quest resources, kicking from skirmishes for loot, etc.
    2 SUBSTANTIALLY reduce costs across the board for the zen store. A horse or companion shouldn't be $20 to $35. Try $1 to $2. The whole concept of MICRO transactions needs to be explored.
    3 Identify powers that are not working as described and fix them.
    4 Substantially reduce RP costs for refining artifacts.
    5 Reduce costs for increasing companion levels.
    6 Find ways that players can be valued in dungeons other than just DPS.
    7 Fix game breaking performance issues - Tiamat is the prime example.
    8 Replace the loot roll system with an instanced loot system. So many complaints about need vs greed, etc, etc. Just toss the whole system in the can. Create an auto-loot option for instanced loot.
    9 Change the CONTROL wizard to an actual control class instead of the top DPS class.
    10 Have lockbox keys be rare drops from mobs or from chests. Should be able to open at least a few chests without having to spend money. Would generate much good will from the player base.
    11 Remove ICD from the game.
    12 Monitor bots with real life GMs and remove from the game. We all know where they are. *cough*Sharandar*cough* Remove annoying "features" in the game that were intended to stop botting and instead annoy real players.
    13 Fix graphical glitch issues. ( Maps that don't render, PE showing as all white for a minute or so after zoning, etc )
    14 Fix performance issues with the auction house.
    15 Make quest items NOT take up inventory space. I'd include keys and potions with this. Inventory should be for loot.
    16 Fix bosses that can one shot you without red patch warning. While you're at it, fix non-bosses that can one shot you at level 65.
    17 Make non-augment companions viable to play with.
    18 Make resource nodes instanced, especially in dungeons. So many people who run ahead to grab those nodes while you fight.
    19 Provide a way to preview armor and weapons without having to wear them. Would be nice to have feature in the AH.
    20 Allow mail attachments to be taken anywhere, not just at mailboxes in town.

Edit:
    Sorry, just had to add one more item.

21 Fix spawn rates so that it's not so common for mobs to spawn on top of you. Prime examples are in IWD: You clear mobs from a black ice node, start mining, then before you finish the first or 2nd whack, the mobs have respawned. Same thing with the "grisly totems" quest.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Great idea for a a thread!

1- Dye weapons again. If I can dye my GFs shield Why Not My Weapon!
    2 - Add RP to T2 dungeons and remove T2 gear from Tiamat
    3 - Add a unique pet to zone seal vendors so they have some sort of meaning end game
    4 - Fix nodes that can not be accessed. there is a running list the community has made
    5 - fix some weapon and armor enchantments to be useful. It shouldnt be that there is only 3 weapon and 2 armor worth a **** for end game
    6 - Mount and fassion tabs
    7 - fix refining so it doesnt cause physical damage to your hands
    8 - fix dragon hoard internal cooldown to work the same in foundries. If RP from them is BtA bots cant exploit it anymnore
    9 - change artifact equipment refining process so its not so stupid and annoying and slow
    10 - rework enchantments, getting 22x rank 12 is insane, its 140mil+ at the very least
    11 - fix cc immunities like unstoppable so they are immunities, instead of you getting knocked around anyways, just a bit less
    12- Fix fey thistle so I can use emotes and I dont look like a spaz when not in combat
    13- Some pvp love. new maps and maybe even new game mode like seige/defend the castle
    14- Fix pets agressiveness to make them more than just sloths that do nothing until the mobs are dead
    15- Balance pets to be on par with augments of the same grade. They are not even close at this point
    16- be able to set the order of characters in the caracter selection screen
    17- Reduce cost of transmute. +50k AD is rediculus it leaves the the majority of lvl 60 characters looking exactly the same and creats a bland gaming world
    18- Fix afk timer in tiamat to be maximum 5 min. Im tired of giving out free rides with a win and tired of loosing because 5 afkers are siting at the campfire
    19- Increese drop rates of books in ESot and SoT
    20- Make more encounters viabel in end game. For example Puneshing charge for GWF, It may hit multiple mobs but the damage done is very low and is mostly situationaly useful. Add a incressed deflect chance or a dodge chance to it and up the damage a bit it might be useful again. It seams that by end game there is only 3-4 encounters for each class that are end game viable.

Thats my thoughts and bits of others :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Holy Cow, Mr Rizzuto!!!

Aandre lovin' this feedback thusfar, and respects ALL for stickin' to the program and not going offtrack.

Keep it comin'

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1 Build in a new "experience system" for Artifacts and Equipment
    2 Erradicate nurfs, if enough ppl feel one class is "OP" then instead of reducing power on the one, add what is necessary to the other classes to balance especially if PVP remains connected/ an infection to PVE. If PVP wonderfully separates...Fine, Nurf them all weekly till the cows come home :)
    3 Separate PVP from PVE completely. let all the whining about OP all huddle together and share the run of the mill PVP whine.
    4 Create a soloable dungeon for each and every dungeon that requires the same experitise as one would need for a group, making the moronic kick vote become obsolete.
    5 Give us purchasable player homes that can as already mentioned offer buffs in a myriad of ways while bringing in supportive revenue for the game via rent keys etc. Player homes can allow extra mounts to be resting beside the fire until summoned ..etc etc etc..so much can be brought into the game via just this one avenue.
    6 End the need to identify items after level 60 if you have at least 2 characters at level 60. Offer this as a choice and if you choose to no longer need to zombily identify items it requires purchasing of an ID key monthly which expires at the end of each month.
    7 Separate the forum into PVP and PVE and fully imposing that communication is restricted to what is related to each. IE...PVEers mostly could not care less if they tried if one class has wonderful power to clean a heroic encounter faster than themselves...each class has its own taste and attractivity which PVEers appreciate ...PVPers care only if THEY win.
    8 Seriously reduce the cost of making purple items in professions so that its worth it not only to make the items but to level the profession to in the 1st place.
    9 Offer more incentive AD wise etc to engage foundary quests.
    10 Offer a pay to play version that gives the player some alternative options in PVE (as PVE action does not impact other players as PVP does) The pay to play version could allow for much less RP grinding to enjoy the game at elite levels.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Completely Preventing Foundry Exploits
    2. Temporary Zen Store Item Rewards
    3. Making Foundry End Chest "Wow!" without changing total rewards
    4. MicroTransactions NOT MacroTransactions!
    5. Foundry Mount/Companion/Fashion Rental Tokens
      • just like Mount Requistion Token at 20th level allowed "renting" a white mount only add tokens for green/blue/purple tiers for mounts/companions/fashion items that would allow player to try the item for four-in-game-hours.
      • This should radically boost zen sales of related items
    6. Foundry Mount/Companion/Fashion Coupons
      • limited time (2-weeks?) coupons for 5%/10%/? off specific mounts/companions/fashion items
      • should also radically boost zen sales for those items AND can be tracked to foundry profitability
    7. Leverage Foundry Authors for Event/Skirmish/PvP maps
      • Provide guidelines to allow foundry authors to produce maps/environments for Events/Skirmishes/PvP that can then be voted on by community and highest rated could be examined/used by Cryptic to jumpstart development of new content.
    8. Foundry Doubloons - awarding experience/rewards for non-combat objectives
    9. Replace 15-year old graphics engine
    10. Foundry: Zen Store assets for Foundry "Product Placement"
    11. Fix over two-hundred foundry bugs
    12. Long Requested Foundry Improvements
      • When Foundry Exploit fix is implemented -- add foundry requests accumulated since beta - especially Timers and boolean (and/or) quest path logic
    13. Display ELO Rating in Leaderboards and Player Inspection
    14. New PvP maps (see #7)
    15. New PvP types
      • capture the flag
      • last-man-standing
      • 1v1/2v2/3v3/5v5 arena
      • resource race
      • castle/keep/fortification sieges
    16. Improved Encounter AI -- Dragons that don't stand in one spot on the ground and make aerial strafing runs now and again.
    17. Improve Refining UI -
      • two columns - left is refining queue,
      • right is SORTED refinable inventory items sorted high (including x2 bonus) to low values.
      • Clicking on item in either column moves it to other side.
    18. Guild Housing
      • EASILY implemented using Foundry
      • Allow entrances just like entering foundry quests - could be any zone's door/sewer grate/etc.
      • Only one instances that all guild members can enter
      • Increase players from 5 to 25? by not allowing any encounters and limiting effects & NPCs?
    19. Either reduce static mobs that stand in a circle waiting to be attacked, or make a reason for them to be huddled together.
    20. Lose the mindset that thinks RNG is a "silver bullet" and fixes everything!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here are my thoughts:

1. Revamp the unicorn & drake seal vendors - add new rewards, refining items, transmutes, fashion items, etc - make them BoP, but make them interesting and desirable.

2. Tie all the campaigns together somehow - maybe we can encounter Dragon Cult members trying to negotiate deals with Malabog's forces, or maybe some Redcaps and Fomorians were inadvertantly summoned to the Dread Ring by a Red Wizard, etc.

3. Add fashion and free-to-transmute items to the relevant professions.

4. Disable kicking during boss fights and while a loot roll is going on.

5. Add want/pass and/or greed-only loot modes.

6. Revamp Sharandar so the boon progression and lair rewards more closely match the Dread Ring's. Remove the smaller instanced quests from the daily rotations, and make them all, along with the Arcane Reservoir, quests that are available 3 times a week, and grant 1/3 the reward of AR.

7. Add companion-versions of all mounts.

8. Add mount & companion dye packs.

9. Allow us to cycle the order in which the 3 colors in a dye pack are applied.

10. Add some basic companion controls - like aggressive/defensive/passive stances, as well as close/medium/far follow modes. Also allow us to toggle-off certain companion powers, if we don't want them to use said powers.

11. Add mailboxes to the town/safe areas of all zones.

12. Improve custom chat channel tools. Specifically, I'd like to see a log of actions pertaining to who muted or kicked who, and even a new setting for custom chat channels - one where people can submit a request to join the channel, and where channel admins can approve or deny said request.

13. Add "extract dye" or "separate transmute item" tokens to the Zen store, which allow us to extract the dye or transmute item previously applied to an item, (the resulting items can be BoP or BtA to avoid exploiting this). Alternatively, you could add a "common/uncommon/rare/epic transmute token" to the Zen store - basically, when you use said token, you are presented with a list of all items for your class of the appropriate quality, (with a preview of said item), and upon selecting the item you want, you are left with a free-to-transmute, level 1 version of said item.

14. Go over all power and other tooltips and clearly spell out how said item/power/ability actually works - no more of this "Chance to do X" stuff - show us the actual numbers for all powers and abilities.

15. Show us our ranking for open missions/heroic encounters.

16. Revamp all quest items/objectives so that if one player claims said item, it is still available for other players to take/interact with - instead of having to wait for it to respawn.

17. Add "indirect PvP modes" - such as two teams competing to see who can defeat a wave of enemies first or some variation of "defend the towers".

18. Expand in-game mail to include a sent items folder, a trash folder, and the ability to create our own custom folders.

19. Add random quests to all 60+ zones - these can be small instances that use existing maps - here's the key: Have them give some assorted campaign currencies AND refining items, with a tiny chance at something better. These could work off some sort of "Harper clue" system, and maybe we could buy more clues somehow to unlock more of these.

20. Revamp all of Rhix's and Lord Neverember's dailies so they include *all* applicable dungeons, skirmishes, and so on.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Build in a new "experience system" for Artifacts and Equipment

2. PvP>Implement a system resulting in greater parity in pvp domination matches, minimizing/preventing the occurrence of matches in which there is a huge gap in the relative power of each team.

3. PvP>tone down tr's, tone up sws and gf's.

4. PVE> create epic/nightmare versions of all dungeons which drop loot unique to each dungeon.

5. PVE/PvP (class specific) Guardian Fighter: Make "marking" a auto-function of certain feats and powers>make tab a toggle between "offense and defense", kind of a hybrid of the dc/hr tab function. Defense stance would allow for greater damage resistance, threat generation, self-healing, and would provide a "defensive version" of slotted powers. Offense stance would allow for greater damage, faster movement, and would provide an "offensive version" of slotted powers.

6. PVE> Create more in depth dungeons/encounters which require some puzzle solving and less zerging.

7. Make professions/refining/boon grinding less tedious overall. Specifically> professions could be more of a minigame and less standing around idle, likewise refining. Allow for some of the currencies required to buy boons to be awarded in other parts of the game- other dungeons, encounters, pvp matches. Boons/professions/refining could even be integrated into a streamlined system that allows you to do all three at the same time albeit at a slower pace. Being able to put overload xp into boons/refining/professions would be huge.

8. More uniformity with other mmos in regards to class roles: tank, healer, dps. There is a reason why that is such a successful formula: it works.

9. Remove the pvp leaderboard exploit

10. Allow for transmuting between costume and combat gear.

11. Player/guild housing.

12. Guild pvp/pvp tourneys.

13. Facilitate socialization between players by placing the same batch of players consistently in the same instances. Seeing the same faces randomly tends to breed familiarity which tends to increase socialization. So many problems that people seem to have in NW can be solved by making friends and doing things as a group. The game should greatly enable that.

14. Tattoos. Yes tattoos. These could be plain with no special abilities (grey) or have special abilities that increase with rarity. Heck they could even have artifact tattoos that get more fancy and colorful as they are ranked up. They could function as glyphs and/or as permanent gear slots that can only be used once and what you choose is what you choose. Tattooing could even be a profession. Either way, there would have to be an at least semi-customizable template for players to use/choose from.

15. Foundy. It needs teeth. Foundry quests need to have the same rewards as regular dungeons or they will never be worth playing from a min/max perspective. PvP maps should be made in the foundry and voted on, and those with the most votes could be decided from by the devs for the new pvp map, once a quarter. Player housing and guild housing should exist and should be linked to the foundry. It is a powerful tool.

16-20 more specific versions of 1-15
  • Options
    shyntershynter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Huh, didn't think I'd be able to do 20~

1 Skill/power reskins for classes (Fey/dark Pact lock for example, or Dark purple colors for an 'evil' DC, etc)

2 More fashion items on zen market (More than just fashion clothes, though they need more of those, but actual armor transmogs, and more dye colors as well. Gold, yellow, grey. 'Shades' bright/light/dark/ blue/pink/etc)

3 More weapon types/styles. Even if they're just transmogs. They're some floating around like spears for GFs and clubs for GWF but every class should have 2 or three common graphical/visual choices for the weapons they wield.

4 Rework GWF. Not talking about balance, though they may need that. But to be more fun/interesting. I have one of every class but I barely managed to get to 11 on mine because it was so boring to just cut, spin, or hop around. Maybe it gets more interesting when you're higher, but I wouldn't know because the play is so unappealing >_>

5 Take a good hard look at CC's and One shot kills in pvp. 'Quick Draw' pvp might be fun for some but uhhh...

6 Some way to just click 'auto-pass on green loot' and not get the obnoxious roll notification that blinds my screen.

7 Rework crafting professions to be useful while leveling. Even just playing casually and carefully monitoring gateway when you're not on, it can't really keep up. And a 'queue' system for it so it can do multiple tasks, especially building lower rank items that are required for the higher ranked one you want to make.

8 A sidekick/squire/novice system to level down and play with your friends and possibly a mentor system to drag them to your level.

9 Alternatively to number 8, a shared exp system so that you share exp with someone and thus, can't outlevel them. Sadly this would probably be too easy to abuse, but it would still be awesome.

10 A mounts tab similar to companions. Yes, technically you only need one mount, but if you want to say that the first thing that comes to mind is that I don't technically need to play this game. But I want to and I want to be able to have more than one mount on hand depending on what I feel like riding without 'wasting' my ridiculously precious inventory space.

11 Also a fashion tab.

12 Make collections/achivements account wide. Going back to find every scrying orb on a new favorite character is tedious, not fun. Also not being able to finish collections on someone when it's entirely out of my hands isn't either (such as say, the dog from the first time buyer's pack. No way to get another one for another alt and no way to pass it around alts beforehand.

13 Streamline the graphics engine somehow. I can run other, more grphics intensive games just fine. Neverwinter? Not so much. Tooling around on help boards has smoothed it out a little, but it's still far below where it should be. And don't even get me started on tiamit. If I forget to turn everything own to the minimum before getting in there, I may as well go make a sandwich and hope everyone else can carry on without me.

14 A hotkey to change your equipped powers. It's aggravating to change every little thing all the time and even worse when you get into a fight and realize you messed up the set up for pvp/pve/boss/AoE etc.

15 More choices during character creation. Especially hair styles and colors for everything.

16 Buyable bags. With gold. They could be terrible six slot things but it would go a long way to at least making you feel like you have space.

17 A countdown of some sort in the campfire in pvp. If you stay in the safezone too long it boots you/takes you glory, whatever. Also, npc guards right by the entrance to at least make spawn camping a little more difficult.

18 A 'desperation' buff for pvp that increases damage/survivability/whatever. The more lopsided the score is, the better the buff should be for the losing side. It should also be applied for every missing person on your team (disconnected or just gone)

19 Make the refining limit per day 25k. 24 just sets off my OCD >_>;

20 Saved this for last because I don't really think it could happen within the time frame without major issues but...: Roll GF and GWF into the same class (Possibly a choice at level 10, probably still just a choice during character creation), give every other class a second 'branch' as well (pactblade lock, melee cleric, etc)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You guys and gals are FRIGGIN' AWESOME.

Tonight when I get home from work I'll post the TOP 20 to this point. This will be ongoing, so keep them coming in.

~ MAY THE BARDS BE WITH YOU!!!

• Options
    dohgohdohgoh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    im a pure pve player so all suggestions will be pve

1. Build in a new "experience system" for Artifacts and Equipment.

2. separate pvp and pve with this a mean if u want to nerf tr in pvp oke do it but let them be the same in pve they are fine now. gf and gwf could use some more love for the pve element.

3. guilds have to be more important. stuff like guild only missions or bonus for being in a guild. the only thing u have to be in a guild for now is gaunt.

4. remove all t1/t2 drops from tiamat and dragons in well of dragons. its too easy for new player to lvl up

5. revamp all dungeons to be viable at lvl 70 like normal epic legendary nightmare lvls

6. dungeons are kinda stale because with strong party u can just walk through. so do something like being trapped in a room and find a switch that moves every time you are in the dungeon (something like pokemon red/blue/yellow lt surge thrashcan switch)

7. i would like that for example in cn u could be surrounded by creeps that move invisible and only when all 5 players are inside the trap they spring it. but some classes can avoid the trap like gwf always battle ready so he could hear them coming or something like that.

8. i liked and hated the path in elol where u have to cross the lava pit and fireballs come its something new so i would like to have more stuff like that in dungeons.

9. rework all weapon and armor enchantments except soulforged and vorpal.

10.remove icd on dragon hoard enchantments in foundry the stuff they drop is now boa

11. do something about the gold spammer and botting in nwo (sharandar)

12. changes to refining system 5 at one time is so slow and it causes physical stress on the hand arm. so let us refine with sliders or something the put in like 99 or less at a time

13. let the artifacts lvl with us after we lvled them to legendary that way everybody is happy. so new player could get artifact or lvl 70 weapon free choices.

14. more freedom in moving through town like climbing buildings and stuff so we can play hide and seek better

15. let the campaign for 60 to 70 only be accesible when they have either finished sharandar or dread ring compleetly. and have a minimum boons of 10 of the other 3 campaign this way they would have to get used to the game end gaming and most important gear would be important. this allows for better play through for old players of the game. ( we have all boons and best gear almost all legendary or full legendary finished all dailys so we dont have anything to do)

16 up the requirements on tiamat to 14k gs and allow us to que as a party or atleast when one person gets in the rest of the party has precedence to get in same instance.

17. not so mayny daily at lvl 70 its boring so do something else with the endgame at 70

18. i would like to see a mentor system so we can help our fellow gamers but not be so overpowered that we could do the whole dungeon alone.

19. foundry needs some love so let them create epic dungeons and stuff with nice t1/t2/t3 rewards or good rp drops in the end. the make these a group a dev need to test these maps and not the players to prevent easy missions to get gear or bots going through to farm gear.

20. sharandar campaign is really tedious to do with so many dailies and stuff u have to do make it more like dread ring
This discussion has been closed.