test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Portobello's Campaign Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone! As Portobello's Campaign takes a whole month, we'd like to start a thread on any bugs you encounter.

Known issues:
- Flabbergast's Foot Race does not start (This will be fixed soon. In the meantime, a potential prevention would be to not leave the waiting area until the race starts.)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I DID and the small and the epic one and didnt count as completion. or i need to chose between throne of dwarven gods or cragmire?
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    For each category you only need to do one or the other.

So if you've done Throne of the Gods, the Queues category is checked off as completed.

Same with "Profession Tasks": I didn't understand that at first and ran both Zealot's Chain Helm and Rescue Prisoners on my mailsmithing DC. When the helm task completed, the Rescue Prisoners task was grayed out.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm not getting any accreditation from the cragmire crypts I just ran. Does this require a dungeon chest key? Making note of that, and not checking it off the list when a person doesn't have one, would be good. Otherwise, what's the deal? I would have expected the accreditation to occur on killing the boss, but no such luck. The fact that you basically can't leave an instance and get back in, and that CC has long had buggy chests, makes that especially annoying.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

I'm not getting any accreditation from the cragmire crypts I just ran. Does this require a dungeon chest key? Making note of that, and not checking it off the list when a person doesn't have one, would be good. Otherwise, what's the deal? I would have expected the accreditation to occur on killing the boss, but no such luck. The fact that you basically can't leave an instance and get back in, and that CC has long had buggy chests, makes that especially annoying.

normal CC does give the accreditation, but getting it from epic as well would be expected
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    The doors in the basic respens game have issues opening if 2 or more people try to interact with the door at once. This can be avoided if only 1 person opens doors but for pug sanity it needs to be addressed
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    scathias said:

zibadawa said:

normal CC does give the accreditation, but getting it from epic as well would be expected
    I ran normal. Twice. Got nothing. I have mountains of Epic keys from VIP. So I'm not going to have any issues with failing to have a key in an epic version. It's only in normal dungeons that there's a dearth of keys that you have to jump through a silly hoop to get one of.
  • Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Today's queue reward was for Cragmire or Throne. Ran 3-man Cragmire with a friend (and a pug). Friend and I both had keys for the end chest - I used a daily dungeon key from the guy in PE, friend used standard dungeon key purchased from bazaar. Neither of us received accreditation. And yes, checked totals before and after ran dungeon.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    waryur said:

Today's queue reward was for Cragmire or Throne. Ran 3-man Cragmire with a friend (and a pug). Friend and I both had keys for the end chest - I used a daily dungeon key from the guy in PE, friend used standard dungeon key purchased from bazaar. Neither of us received accreditation. And yes, checked totals before and after ran dungeon.

Throne is working. They're given along with the rest of the rewards for completing the instance. So I guess: don't do anything that doesn't drop its rewards in the same way throne does.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, but that's not the issue being reported, dark. You can have done neither a throne nor a CC. Then you do a CC. And you get nothing. But the CC gets checked off. So now you can't get anything from either of them, because it thinks you got that already when you didn't.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Aside from that, the entire point of including a low-level dungeon is that not all players are level 70.

I have a different bug to report. For completing 2 challenges at the Burrow Dawn, the single target DPS challenge (my internet is being horrible so I can't log in for the exact name) gives no rewards and doesn't provide credit towards the daily.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Logged in this morning and the Heroic Acts of Heroism (not sure on the name, I am at work now) did not properly reset. The tasks were all different, but it had left the check marks from yesterday and had the others grayed out. Not sure if I can actually do the tasks or not, had to leave for work. Will check further when I get home,
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    vjarl said:

Logged in this morning and the Heroic Acts of Heroism (not sure on the name, I am at work now) did not properly reset. The tasks were all different, but it had left the check marks from yesterday and had the others grayed out. Not sure if I can actually do the tasks or not, had to leave for work. Will check further when I get home,

Same problem. Today I got new tasks but they was already marked as completed and won't give me rewards.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    @strumslinger ... The Footrace isn't popping.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    The heroic tasks do not reset with the daily resets. Waited for someone who had the die roll timer run out thinking it might be tied to that and was informed they did not reset.

Why no esc to stop cutscene? I know alot of work goes into creating those but after 400 or so repeats at least give us an option to choose to run it or skip it.
  • Options
    duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    I thought I had the problem with the heroics not resetting too.. (I guess about 20 hours after doing that part of a heroic it look to reset (or free themselves) (2 of the 3 I did first on my characters have gone "free" in the last hour(s))
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • Options
    I'm also seeing no reset on completions, despite the tasks changing, on all of my characters that did anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    duur said:

I thought I had the problem with the heroics not resetting too.. (I guess about 20 hours after doing that part of a heroic it look to reset (or free themselves) (2 of the 3 I did first on my characters have gone "free" in the last hour(s))

Ugh. Unpredictable resets like that are annoying. I got my crafting tasks collected really late last night expecting a normal daily reset, and I can see a lot of circumstances where it will be more convenient to run a task in the evening and then the next one the following morning. There's no good reason to do this to us since you can't get more than one crafting credit per day no matter when you run it. (Edit: Or any of the other heroic acts of heroism. I'm just hung up on crafting because it's the only thing I can do right this second.)

If you don't see the accreditation in the crafting task reward, it's not valid for you at the moment.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm assuming it's not "unpredictable", it is predictably 20 hours after you completed each task. So for each character, the 3 heroic tasks each reset at different times.

Good luck keeping track of this on multiple alts. :s

Almost every time we get a new time-gated activity, the devs first set it up as a personal 20-hour reset timer, rather than using the global reset. SOOOOOOO ANNOYING.

------------------------------------

Edit: Yesterday I ran Throne and got the Accreditation. Today (after waiting for the Queues task to reset *grrr*) I ran Malabog's on one character and Frozen Heart on another, both 70s.

Neither one received the accreditation, although both are now locked out of the Queues task.

So I guess I just won't bother doing the dungeon task at all -- which means 3 fewer credits daily on all my alts.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Welcome to Cryptic style.Screw the old bugs Lets build new shiny things on top of that bugged content so people can pay us money.Wait what aboout new things bugs.Screw them too.Idiot players will p/ay anyway.(I was one of idiots on this event too.Bought that 3k(2.6 with coupon) zen companion expecting nice,fun event)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Couldn't get foot race to pop at all, did (epic and) normal CC, showed as complete on the task list with the tick but didn't give me the campaign rewards.
  • Options
    casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    @strumslinger the foot race is sporadic on different instances (there seems to be no logic to which one it works on), there were some people in zone chat saying that if someone started (by using the f key) a race and went to the bleachers then left it would bug the instance (not sure if this is the case since I didn't see that myself), but it makes it difficult to try and get this task done when the instances it is actually working in are always full
  • Options
    Another bug: Logged in this morning for first time with friend. Heroic tasks of heroism shows we both completed the heroic task of catching light, and the profession task of mage's ring. We never did those. Did not get accreditation. But now can't earn accreditation for a profession or heroic tasks today.... Or do these reset 24 hours after we did them? If so, that's horribly inconvenient. If people run these late night on the weekend, then they will have to wait until late night during the work week too. For a month. Or have to skip a day to start the timer at a more convenient hour. Why not reset these tasks at the nightly reset instead of individual 24 hr timers?

Also, yesterday's profession task, Greatsword +3. Started and completed before nightly reset. Collected this morning, no accreditation. Don't know if bug or if that's how it's supposed to be for the profession tasks for this event.
  • Options
    You get accreditation for profession tasks collected during the active window, not based on when you started them.

As for the personal cooldowns on heroic tasks of heroism, I hate them too, and I hope all the negative feedback they're getting about it leads to an immediate adjustment.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    I thought it would be fun to do the Binding challenge on my Guardian Fighter, slotting knockbacks like Frontline Surge and Bull Charge, but the giant D20 isn't affected by them very much. Instead of being sent flying backwards (like a normal mob or another player), the D20 sort of gets nudged back a tiny bit and pushed into the floor. The outcome was barely being able to keep it from reaching the other side.

Compared to using Repel with a Control Wizard, it was downright pathetic.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

You get accreditation for profession tasks collected during the active window, not based on when you started them.

As for the personal cooldowns on heroic tasks of heroism, I hate them too, and I hope all the negative feedback they're getting about it leads to an immediate adjustment.

I figured as much. Was testing to be sure with professions. That's why it was ready to collect, but waited until this morning to see what would happen. So no setting anything overnight (like the leadership profession tasks).

Yes, the personal cooldowns have to go.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Pressing F to Pay Respects to the Czar of Happiness in the Burrow Dawn Inn causes my character to kneel, but has no other effect. I would expect a lore entry or something.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    waryur said:

Today's queue reward was running either Cloak Tower or Valindra's. Ran 3-man Cloak Tower. Same criteria as above's entry. Nothing.
  • Options
    escatonescaton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    No dungeons are giving accreditation. Valindra's didn't give any today, and Malabog's didn't give any yesterday. Only Throne of the Dwarven Gods has given me any accreditation so far.
  • Options
    Battle Mastery Challenge can get bugged by a soul puppet. The results won't calculate.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Best way around the horrible Footrace Bug is to ask the Zone for a
    working instance. (28 worked today). However one person insisted that the race had worked
    correctly, every time, on all his alts. If so, the bug is really strangely strange...
    Or maybe he's a troll.

The waiting zone should be *visible* on the screen, not just the mini-map. (People wander down
    the bleachers thinking it's a race in a straight line.) If someone leaves the area, forget them.
    Countdown goes off as long as one player didn't bail.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
This discussion has been closed.