test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portobello's Campaign Issues

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The in-game mail system is not compatible with the markup used in the names of the new Lathander's Dew variants. It displays the raw tags.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    two30 said:

not compatible with the markup

Lol...someone made their HTML parser case-sensitive.

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    I have a minor issue to report:

When first entering the burrow-dawn inn, one is supposed to talk to flabbergast. There are several pages to that dialog, wherein flabbergast explains what everyone is supposed to do.

My internet connection was fairly laggy when I was going through this part, and when I clicked on one of the responses to move the dialog along, nothing happened. I clicked twice more...nothing. Then unexpectedly, the dialog advanced to then end (saw several pages flash by). I'm guessing I had lagged-out for a few seconds.

The issue is: there is no option to repeat the dialog. I was pretty much left standing there on a map with lots of interactable NPCs, and nothing but a quest-path to help me figure out what was supposed to be going on. It was a little while before I even noticed there were campaigns associated with Respen's/Portobello's.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Battle Mastery Challenge can get bugged by a soul puppet. The results won't calculate.

Seems to also happen with certain damage over time effects if applied late in the attack phase. It does not seem to matter if a companion continues attacking though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    As far as I've seen so far (which is not a lot because of the Race bug)...
    The 2nd and 3rd place Achievements can't be done. I waited a half-second
    after the 1st player rang in (watched him) and my bell disappeared.

Unless 3 players isn't enough to keep the bell there? Do you need 4?
    Has anyone gotten the 2nd/3rd place Achievements?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Flabbergast's Daily Evaluation with the Game Evaluator, or whatever the daily quest is called called.
    Completing Evaluator of Duel's task does not count to complete quest. Have tried multiple times.
    Completing Evaluator of Battle task does not count perhaps 50% of the time.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
    The following Respen's achievements are miscategorized as "Skirmishes" achievements when they should be "Events" achievements:
    • Dice Handler
    • First Place Runner
    • Second Place Runner
    • The Completionist
    • Third Place Runner
    waryur said:

waryur said:

Today's queue reward was for Cragmire or Throne. Ran 3-man Cragmire with a friend (and a pug). Friend and I both had keys for the end chest - I used a daily dungeon key from the guy in PE, friend used standard dungeon key purchased from bazaar. Neither of us received accreditation. And yes, checked totals before and after ran dungeon.

Today's queue reward was running either Cloak Tower or Valindra's. Ran 3-man Cloak Tower. Same criteria as above's entry. Nothing.
    Ran 3-man Caverns of Karrundax for today's queue reward. Used daily dungeon key. No accreditation, but received credit for heroic acts of heroism.

Just keeping a tally.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    two30 said:

The following Respen's achievements are miscategorized as "Skirmishes" achievements when they should be "Events" achievements:

• Dice Handler
    • First Place Runner
    • Second Place Runner
    • The Completionist
    • Third Place Runner
    I looked in the events achievements and found nothing, I had assumed they had not put any in with this event. Soooo has anyone else found achievements associated with the event placed around the event journal????

I would hope this is a bug and all achievements associated with the event would get moved into the event section.

I had also looked in the gateway and found nothing associated with the event, nothing with the SCA or anything else. I assumed again this was because they wanted people in the game playing the event stuff however every other event i can think of has something to do in SCA for an event related reward. Not sure if its a bug really, an oversight or WAI.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I guess I'll just keep running the Trials "dungeon" since I can't get any of the Heroics to give me credit. 300 more to go :(
    I aim to misbehave
    edited April 2016
    silence1x said:

I guess I'll just keep running the Trials "dungeon" since I can't get any of the Heroics to give me credit. 300 more to go :(

Credit cuts off on purpose at 100. You'll get notes that are suggestions that
    you take the rest of the week off. Look in your inventory. They look like
    Notes of Accreditation. (Hover over them to read). Called: "Unsolicited Advice".

Perhaps they should've had the NPCs mention it, instead.

Post edited by obsiddia on
    edited April 2016
    delete plz
    Certain attacks with a ground target don't work in the Challenges (Binding and Battle Mastery for sure, but presumably all of them), which makes characters using them underperform. Chains of Blazing Light (DC) and Cordon of Arrows (HR) both don't work in Challenges, though they do work on the dummies in the open area.

Not that underperforming in the challenges appears to have any effect. You can "fail" them completely and still get rewarded equally, though there does appear to be some kind of ranking being tracked (green, lime, yellow, orange, red? from good to bad?).

Neverwinter Census 2017

In the Escapes Challenge, it is quite difficult for me to see the ground splats against the floor terrain. My husband, who is colour blind, was just doing it for the first time and asked me how he's supposed to dodge the falling rocks if there's no warning. He was able to see them slightly better by rotating his camera angle to as close to top-down as possible, which is a trick I used as well, but increased contrast might be nice.

Neverwinter Census 2017

eldeskal said:

I have a minor issue to report:

When first entering the burrow-dawn inn, one is supposed to talk to flabbergast. There are several pages to that dialog, wherein flabbergast explains what everyone is supposed to do.

My internet connection was fairly laggy when I was going through this part, and when I clicked on one of the responses to move the dialog along, nothing happened. I clicked twice more...nothing. Then unexpectedly, the dialog advanced to then end (saw several pages flash by). I'm guessing I had lagged-out for a few seconds.

The issue is: there is no option to repeat the dialog. I was pretty much left standing there on a map with lots of interactable NPCs, and nothing but a quest-path to help me figure out what was supposed to be going on. It was a little while before I even noticed there were campaigns associated with Respen's/Portobello's.

Have to agree with this. Needs a repeat dialogue or summary option. I've long forgotten
    what he said I needed to do for him, specifically... So now I try to do *everything* and
    then see if he has the ? over him.

What does he ask?

Danielle's worshippers should say "Dre're drot drothy", not "Drere" (here? where?).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

silence1x said:

Credit cuts off on purpose at 100. You'll get notes that are suggestions that
    you take the rest of the week off. Look in your inventory. They look like
    Notes of Accreditation. (Hover over them to read). Called: "Unsolicited Advice".

Perhaps they should've had the NPCs mention it, instead.

Yeah I hit the weekly limit last night. Funny thing though, the "Unsolicited Advice" counter went from 4 to 8 (didn't realize I had it until I was already in another Trial run). Seems like it should just not pick up anymore.
    I aim to misbehave
  • cyntrojancyntrojan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to know how the week is determined? Is it Monday to Sunday? Saturday to Friday? Thursday to Wednesday? I dont know how I hit the weekly limit on a Tuesday? Why have dailies to run if we dont get anything from them? They are not that fun to just sit there and run them for the heck of it. Having a bunch of "unsolicited advice" doesn't tell you much. I want to know when to start doing the challenges again to earn the accreditation.

If I have to take time off from this event what is the point in having it?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Well, since the event started on a Thursday, I'm thinking that a week is until the next Thursday.

Seems rather logical, no?
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I'M NOT GETTING ACCREDITATION! >.< that's the main reason to do the event! Please fix, quickly.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    In the Artificer's Workshop skirmish, during the boss fight, it's possible to get stuck in the mind flayer's shield. During one of the phases when the shield was down, my character was in melee range hitting the boss. When the phase ended, and the shield reappeared and my character became stuck in the shield unable to move.

This was particularly annoying since only one other player knew to use the crystals to destroy the shield and that player had to do all 4 crystals while I begged the others to no avail.
    two30 said:

In the Artificer's Workshop skirmish, during the boss fight, it's possible to get stuck in the mind flayer's shield. During one of the phases when the shield was down, my character was in melee range hitting the boss. When the phase ended, and the shield reappeared and my character became stuck in the shield unable to move.

Happened to me too.
    two30 said:

This was particularly annoying since only one other player knew to use the crystals to destroy the shield and that player had to do all 4 crystals while I begged the others to no avail.

Looks like the chained Beholder in the first dungeon avoids this by having a permanent
    area that paralyses you and won't let you in. I suppose that would be an odd thing to
    have sitting on the Workshop floor the whole run, tho.
    I know its a glitch but,

I MUCH prefer when someone shortcuts to the gnome bashing. It doesn't mess
    up the game, and we all see the cut-scene. Game should allow one person to open the
    door after part one to talk to Portobello.

• ravenseleneravenselene Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm not getting the daily dungeon queues accredited, tried 2 times.
    edited April 2016
    Flabbergast's Foot Race often bugs out when there are 3 racers. As soon as the 1st player reaches the bell, the race ends even if there is time left on the clock. It has happened to me twice with 50+ seconds remaining. Because the race ends, the other 2 racers are unable to claim 2nd and 3rd place. This stinks because the losers receive 0 accreditation and can't unlock the achievements for coming 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not sure if this happens in every race with 3 players. Both times that it happened, it was the racer in the right-most lane that won. I had a race that I think was 3 players and the middle racer won and I was able to claim 2nd, but I'm not sure there was a 3rd racer. I've never had the race bug when it was 2 racers.

Edit: I suspect that the single-racer time trial is set to end immediately when the character reaches the bell. The time trial is always in the right-most lane. So the time-trial end-of-race trigger for the right-most lane was probably copied into the 3-racer variant.
    edited April 2016
    In the Bindings challenge, sometimes the giant D20 takes a massive leap forward for no discernible reason, completely messing up the scoring of a character that should be doing very well.

Roots and immobilizes work decently. Stuns don't work very well. Slowing is hard to detect. Freezing shatters very easily. Prones are terrible (even ones with a long duration in normal PvE). Knockbacks are sometimes ok and sometimes result in bouncing the D20 further up the trial area than where you knocked it from. Repel is the only one that is mostly reliable. Oppressive Force invariably backfires, even if placed so that it hits squarely in front of the D20. Dazes don't prevent movement so I haven't used any in here.

As I mentioned up-thread, ground target snare spells like Chains of Blazing Light and Cordon of Arrows don't work at all because they don't activate when the D20 passes over them.

You'd expect a CW or Trapper HR to perform well here, and they do (as long as the D20 doesn't leap forward), but GFs and SWs are capable of slotting a full bar of control encounters and their stuff is disappointingly ineffectual. A DC can do pretty well at the challenge provided they have at least one pip in Geas (it has a use!).

I like the idea of this challenge, but the outcome seems ironically uncontrollable in most cases.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake here, but I just realized yesterday that the colour-graded bars in each challenge corral are meant to indicate your score. The problem is, they don't seem to always reset properly, so you may sometimes be either building off a prior challenger's success, or saddled with their failure.

And now I understand why my CW has had a red result on Binding when the D20 barely moved at all.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake here, but I just realized yesterday that the colour-graded bars in each challenge corral are meant to indicate your score. The problem is, they don't seem to always reset properly, so you may sometimes be either building off a prior challenger's success, or saddled with their failure.

The tanking challenge bar is interesting. It starts at green and drops as you let the dummy get hit. When it reaches the bottom of red and the dummy continues taking hits, the bar starts moving back up all the way to green. In the end, you get rated red, but the bar is at the top of green.
    Binding starts at green and moves towards red as the D20 trundles down the course. Knockbacks will move your score back towards green... IF they work. And if you start at red from a prior challenger, you can't move the bar at all.

Battle Mastery might either start at red and go up as you deal damage, or it might be meant to start at yellow and rise or sink depending on performance. Can't tell because of the inconsistent start point.

I'm not doing the Duels one since it doesn't fulfill the daily challenge.

Anyway, these things aren't just for decoration, but they definitely don't work right either.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.