What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Portobello's Campaign Issues

13»

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake here, but I just realized yesterday that the colour-graded bars in each challenge corral are meant to indicate your score. The problem is, they don't seem to always reset properly, so you may sometimes be either building off a prior challenger's success, or saddled with their failure.

The tanking challenge bar is interesting. It starts at green and drops as you let the dummy get hit. When it reaches the bottom of red and the dummy continues taking hits, the bar starts moving back up all the way to green. In the end, you get rated red, but the bar is at the top of green.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Binding starts at green and moves towards red as the D20 trundles down the course. Knockbacks will move your score back towards green... IF they work. And if you start at red from a prior challenger, you can't move the bar at all.

Battle Mastery might either start at red and go up as you deal damage, or it might be meant to start at yellow and rise or sink depending on performance. Can't tell because of the inconsistent start point.

I'm not doing the Duels one since it doesn't fulfill the daily challenge.

Anyway, these things aren't just for decoration, but they definitely don't work right either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Please fix the Foot Race. I feel guilty whenever I win in the right-hand lane, knowing that I just screwed over the competition, and I feel angry when I lose to someone in the right-hand lane because I've wasted one of my precious thrice-an-hour races.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Can't touch beholder after skirmish!
    1st time run it's ok but then get bugged and became untouchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stc7522rqYk&feature=youtu.be

(for russian server)

also ANY beholder-tank on auction.
    someone saying he drops with Bound by Character.

So it's like: you have a chance to have a chance a chance that beholder doesn't get bugged, yes?
    WE WONT PLAY BY SUCH DAMN RULES! "I hate you"
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    Hecklers: I'm mostly over the irritation that you aren't even given a choice of not picking these up, nope, they are auto-looted unstackable inventory clutter. I've played back all the possible taunts so these are now officially vendor trash, taking up slots that could go towards something worth more than 28 copper until you have a chance to sell stuff. Just... if the object was to troll your players, mission accomplished. How very meta of you, to have the object itself be a taunt (your bag is full again, haha, what are you gonna do about it?).

The inventory icons for the TR and CW hecklers are unlike the ones for other classes. In game, they are a badly pixelated image of the class icon. Viewed in Gateway, they would be pixelated for me at first and then resolve into a clearer icon. Compared to the nice tidy boxes for the other classes, it seem like these are unfinished.

With the taunts, one of the great weapon fighter ones just says "what did that dummy ever do to you?" which seems too generic to be the correct audio clip. I thought it was one of their comments from killing dummies at the Burrow Dawn until it played from a heckler. And the one for trickster rogues that I think just says "rooo-ogue, rooo-ogue" is weird and disconcerting, like Perkins just ran out of ideas for jokes at the end of recording them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The Pewter Golem (holy carp this is a cool companion) was removed from collections at some point because it hadn't been possible to get, but was not re-added. It should be in events and companions (man-made constructs). It does appear in Gateway's collections, but not in the game proper.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Cordon/Chains not functioning in challenges was given an undocumented fix. Thanks for the fix, but lack of patch notes referencing it means I was continuing trying to work around them and only discovered they were now working due to accidentally entering with my normal powers slotted and deciding to run it as-is.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Heroic Feats of Heroism queues not giving credit continues to be an issue. @asterdahl was looking into it, and I can't give definite repro steps because when it happens to me, I don't have time to run a dungeon over and over again trying to establish what will and won't give credit.

What I can tell you is first run with first character attempting a queue has been fine and given the expected credit. First run with second character has bugged for me twice. Second run of the same dungeon on the second character did give credit on the day I decided to try a second run. I've only attempted these on two days because of limited time to futz with it. Looting a chest is irrelevant. If you're going to get credit for the queue, you get it when the boss goes down.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Has anyone gotten stuck in the circle wall during the Drizzt fight? I remained prone, floating on the edge. 3 of us had this happen and had to GM Help to get free. Please tell me this isn't WAI.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options

Cordon/Chains not functioning in challenges was given an undocumented fix. Thanks for the fix, but lack of patch notes referencing it means I was continuing trying to work around them and only discovered they were now working due to accidentally entering with my normal powers slotted and deciding to run it as-is.

I actually spoke too soon on this. These powers sometimes work and sometimes don't, which I know is a bugger to track down. I've been very careful placing the splat so it appears to be entirely on level terrain, but this doesn't seem to have any bearing. If the power will work, you can be sloppy, and if it won't work, it doesn't matter.

Maybe it is bugged by instance?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    yigana#3955 yigana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    > @iandarksword said:
    > Has anyone gotten stuck in the circle wall during the Drizzt fight? I remained prone, floating on the edge. 3 of us had this happen and had to GM Help to get free. Please tell me this isn't WAI.

I did happen to me too (TR).
    Actually when I dodge towards the edge of the circle, I get stuck, then
    - case 1 : I can move around the circle, floating like you said and still can attack and deal damage (well, from afar, but better than nothing). If I get killed, players from 'inside' can revive me.
    - case 2 : I get the status "on the ground" or something like that after a specific attack from Drizzt, and stay stuck like this! I can't move, attack, dodge, drink potions or anything, but can get hurt or killed (by the panther or Drizzt).

Then, another problem : Drizzt can 'get out' of the circle, so the players inside are stuck inside the circle this time, and the players killed who were "out" for the final battle can fight again, and respawn at will. Drizzt won't recover his HP if there is players inside the circle (as they can't die).
    Post edited by yigana#3955 on
  • Options
    yigana#3955 yigana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    > @yigana#3955 said:
    > > @iandarksword said:
    > > Has anyone gotten stuck in the circle wall during the Drizzt fight? I remained prone, floating on the edge. 3 of us had this happen and had to GM Help to get free. Please tell me this isn't WAI.
    >
    > I did happen to me too (TR).
    > Actually when I dodge towards the edge of the circle, I get stuck, then
    - case 1 : I can move around the circle, floating like you said and still can attack and deal damage (well, from afar, but better than nothing), If I get killed, players from 'inside' can revive me.
    > - case 2 : I get the status "on the ground" or something like that after a specific attack from Drizzt, and stay stuck like this! I can't move, attack, dodge, drink potions or anything, but can get hurt or killed (by the panther or Drizzt).
    >
    > Then, another problem : Drizzt can 'get out' of the circle, so the players inside are stuck inside the circle this time, and the players killed who were "out" for the final battle can fight again, and respawn at will. Drizzt won't recover his HP if there are players inside the circle (as they can't die as long as they stay out of his reach).

And one last thing : I don't know if it's possible to call for reinforcement if players leave the instance, but we can't do it.

Hello, I have some news/details about those glitches :

- about 'case 2' when any movement or action is impossible (the camera is zoomed all the way in when it happens), I have actually seen it while not being the victim this time : the player is stuck in a "falling backwards" animated pose in mid-air... If the battle with Drizzt ends with no other incident, the circle disappear and the player can move again, go the the treasure chest, etc.

- about Drizzt 'teleporting' outside the blue circle, I saw him teleporting outside, hitting a GWF who died twice and was 'out' of the battle, then teleported back inside the circle, and then outside one more time. I'm not sure, and it needs to be confirmed, but it looks like it is possible to take aggro while being 'outside', and thus, make Drizzt appear inside and outside the boss area.
    Post edited by yigana#3955 on
  • Options

Has anyone gotten stuck in the circle wall during the Drizzt fight? I remained prone, floating on the edge. 3 of us had this happen and had to GM Help to get free. Please tell me this isn't WAI.

I too got stuck on the circle wall. I was knocked up there and was prone and couldn't do anything. Drizzt eventually killed me with AoE. A teammate revived me and I was still stuck prone on the wall. Drizzt killed me again and I released to the campfire. My team wiped and the fight reset.

Fortunately, avoiding the bug by positioning yourself near the center of the circle isn't too difficult, but players need to be aware that the bug can happen. We were able to kill Drizzt easily on the second attempt.
  • Options
    Accreditation from queues is still flaky and horrible and obviously not going to get fixed this year.

Last night, I could get credit from Cloak Tower on the second run for three characters. All of them didn't get it on the first. Vansi dropped something that never appeared in inventory on at least two successful runs. The icon that appears on picking up the drop is familiar but I cannot place it at the moment, sort of a stylized crest.

Today, my first character to attempt a dungeon didn't even get credited from a second Karrundax run. Karru dropped nothing.

@asterdahl - This stinks. I'm really only doing the queues to try to see all of Flabbergast's comments after completing them, so there is absolutely no way to compensate for having it bug out constantly.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The [Apocalypse Dagger] artifact is missing a "Treasures of Faerûn" lore entry.
  • Options
    I ran more Cloak Towers on the final evening (completely destroying my chances of earning a Staldorf on even one character, incidentally, since I had zero time to do event skirmishes as a result), and have further confirmation that if the final dungeon boss drops the mystery item and you pick it up, you complete the Heroic Feat. If the boss doesn't drop that item, you get nothing.

I wasn't savvy enough to turn on inventory notify to see if I could get the mystery item's name from that. It disappears as soon as you interact with it.

Tentatively, it might be conditional on the player getting a personal loot drop from the dungeon boss, period, since you don't always. Because the loot on levelling dungeon bosses is the same junk you can get from any adds that might have also died in the chamber, I still can't be sure.

I feel very frustrated over the whole event, even though on the whole I think it's cute and fun. I never got to try Strange Things at all, because it seems people only bothered playing it on the day it came out. I didn't really enjoy the Workshop that much, but because that was the way to get a remote chance at a mount, it was the only queue that would reliably pop once people had that figured out. That means I basically didn't get to run event content because the queues I was interested in wouldn't pop in a timely fashion, and being only able to queue from the event map... well, the challenges were ok, but not engaging enough to want to do over and over again just to kill time.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ribbs1 said:

I think I only ever got accreditation from POM and TODG, where it's an automated reward upon completion.

They don't have boss loot that you might or might not get, so it kinda supports my discoveries.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.