test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jelly Jelly Jelly Starbase one

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,675 Arc User
I've seen it posted now I saw it live...
jxwhlma74x2c.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,348 Arc User
    Only ever seen 1 Jelly per instance in there.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    sadly I've had two also.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,132 Arc User
    Good lord you are flying one of the jellys.

What inspired you to take that path ?
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,675 Arc User
    just to see what the hype is.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    It must have been exciting to let 4 complete rows of skills just sit there unsused.
    edited September 29
    actually I did use the shield heals quite often. I don't know if there is a build issue or normal play
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,496 Community Moderator
    Ok that is just frickin' AWESOME! Area Denial 100 right there!

Man I would have been laughing like an evil genius or something with that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,874 Arc User
    When I read this I imagined cheerleaders with pom-poms using this as their cheer.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • splattysplatty Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    As I do all event TFOs solo, I've seen none what so ever. Seriously, the TFOs are so easy to do and not possible to lose if you do mess up, just private queue them if its an issue.

As for OP, the damage is scaled to weapon power which you have at 50%? Also most of the recent event ships have consoles that boost that mode such as five magics and the other electric boosting ones.
  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 30
    splatty wrote: »
    As I do all event TFOs solo

How the h3ck can you do that?? you make a team and then leave or something?

PvE Task Force Operations (icon on mini-map) -> Private (tab at top) -> Select TFO you want to run solo -> Start Private Task Force Operation (button at bottom) -> wait a second or two... -> you'll pop into the TFO
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 30
    vieth1 wrote: »
    splatty wrote: »
    As I do all event TFOs solo

How the h3ck can you do that?? you make a team and then leave or something?

PvE Task Force Operations (icon on mini-map) -> Private (tab at top) -> Select TFO you want to run solo -> Start Private Task Force Operation (button at bottom) -> wait a second or two... -> you'll pop into the TFO

Not all TFOs can be done privately solo, but many can. Event ones have always been able to be done solo as far as I can remember.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Imagine adding the cardassian consoles to that or some of the pet consoles.
    It is like flying a carrier with an electric dome.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,781 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Imagine adding the cardassian consoles to that or some of the pet consoles.
    It is like flying a carrier with an electric dome.

That is exactly what a lot of people do, though for some reason a lot of people assume they are sitting afk even when they're launching such obvious things as the Voth Power Core.

So far the most jellies I have seen at the same time in TFOs has been two, in Defense of Starbase One and Swarm (though one Swarm started with three until one of players changed ships during the briefing).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,496 Community Moderator
    Yea. They're not as common as they were when they were introduced.

And you really only see them a lot more when a defense type thing comes up, which is pretty much what the Jellyfish excels at. So naturally... bring out the ship that does a very good job at it. And I agree that Jellyfish players are more active than they appear. Popping buffs and other abilities. And now there are ways to bop around the map in Jellyfish Mode.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I have not done wolf 359 yet. I imagine sitting on one side keeping all the weapons and tractors offline might be useful
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User

She was...
    sig.jpg
    I have not done wolf 359 yet. I imagine sitting on one side keeping all the weapons and tractors offline might be useful

For Wolf 359 the bubble console is turned off. When the TFO was first released it would work, but a later patch removed the ability to turn it on.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »

For Wolf 359 the bubble console is turned off. When the TFO was first released it would work, but a later patch removed the ability to turn it on.
    Pity. I'd love to see someone sitting on top of the cube starting with phase 2, because so often people start just shooting the (invulnerable) cube while Assimilation Probes eat the NPC ships alive, then the Spheres (eventually) start running rampant. I suspect that some of the players actually set themselves to autofire and then walk away from the keyboard.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,246 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Pity. I'd love to see someone sitting on top of the cube starting with phase 2, because so often people start just shooting the (invulnerable) cube while Assimilation Probes eat the NPC ships alive, then the Spheres (eventually) start running rampant. I suspect that some of the players actually set themselves to autofire and then walk away from the keyboard.
    I sit there shooting the cube because its the most effective spot to be to for hangar pets and summons to hit the probes and spheres across the entire map.
    I think most people actually appreciated a deployed Jellyfish on top of the cube because those probes are fast little suckers. And the Spheres go down pretty fast.
    pottsey5g wrote: »

I sit there shooting the cube because its the most effective spot to be to for hangar pets and summons to hit the probes and spheres across the entire map.
    That's nice. Except either the pets and summons aren't leaving your side (which they generally don't), or they're doing a lot less damage than some folks seem to think. It's just a bit disheartening to find three probes attacking, say, the Chekov, opening fire on them, and realizing I'm the only one doing this as all the other ships are off to another side of the cube shooting pointlessly at its walls while every single NPC ship is assimilated and joins the enemy. Makes the whole thing take forever. I'd much rather see someone parking a jellyfish on top of the cube and unfolding its pink field to help.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,246 Arc User
    edited October 1
    pottsey5g wrote: »

That's nice. Except either the pets and summons aren't leaving your side (which they generally don't), or they're doing a lot less damage than some folks seem to think. It's just a bit disheartening to find three probes attacking, say, the Chekov, opening fire on them, and realizing I'm the only one doing this as all the other ships are off to another side of the cube shooting pointlessly at its walls while every single NPC ship is assimilated and joins the enemy. Makes the whole thing take forever. I'd much rather see someone parking a jellyfish on top of the cube and unfolding its pink field to help.
    As long as you’re not in intercept mode which usually people do not use. Pets will leave your side and from the top position cover the entire map and hit every single NPC which is why we park there. As for summons they always leave your side no matter what. From that position pets even cover the Chekov and do far more damage than people think more the enough to make that the sensible place to be on top of the Borg cube. I am sure some bad players are parking there but its a valid place to park your ship and helpful when done right.

Against pet builds like mine I find a jellyfish does less damage and covers a smaller area it would be far less effective. I don't like the jellyfish because bar a few rare exceptions they often make TFO's take longer and its common for them to just sit in a spot doing nothing useful. Not all Jellyfish but a lot are like that.

what?? lol, right now they are hilarious common. Like i cant do a tfo without finding at least two of em.... and you saying that before it was even worst?? oh my :p

Generally an event ship is more common around the time it is introduced. As for two in every TFO... I had zero in my event run today when I did the new TFO. We'll probably see an uptic of Jellyfish whenever we have something that involves defense because its just that good at holding an area.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,627 Arc User
    Yea. They're not as common as they were when they were introduced.

what?? lol, right now they are hilarious common. Like i cant do a tfo without finding at least two of em.... and you saying that before it was even worst?? oh my :p

I haven't seen more than one jellyfish in any of the event TFOs this year. PUG RNG seems to hate you :)

I haven't seen more than one jellyfish in any of the event TFOs this year. PUG RNG seems to hate you :)

Im sorry but i find that very hard to believe. I was tired of seeing three of them in upiter iatus in the past event and previous ones, and i wasnt the ony one... and this time ive seen at least two of em in starbase one almost every one of four or five runs. Oh in wolf 359 i ALWAYS find one as a common rule.. come on.

In random tfos the same.. i usually see one or two at least one of three or four runs. Yes RNG hates me but i dont think im the only one. But again, tfos are not the only problem..

The comment about always finding one in wolf 359 cannot be true. Well, there might be a Cnidarian Defender ship. But the Cnidarian Defense console is still disabled for this TFO. Just tried it on private and the console can't be used.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,781 Arc User

Im sorry but i find that very hard to believe. I was tired of seeing three of them in upiter iatus in the past event and previous ones, and i wasnt the ony one... and this time ive seen at least two of em in starbase one almost every one of four or five runs. Oh in wolf 359 i ALWAYS find one as a common rule.. come on.

In random tfos the same.. i usually see one or two at least one of three or four runs. Yes RNG hates me but i dont think im the only one. But again, tfos are not the only problem..

I might see a jelly in maybe one out of five runs at most, and mostly not even that often unless it is a static defensive scenario.

Personally, I don't mind them, they are a great shelter for my Faehts and other small ships to get some relief, when necessary, from the hail of fire of the zerg packs of enemy NPCs that are the fashion nowadays in TFOs, and a good shooting spot for ships with the "flapping in the breeze at a dead stop" style powerup console weapons to shoot from.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,761 Community Moderator
    I rarely see the jellyfish, myself. And when I do, there's only ever one. I think I've been in one TFO since its release where I saw two.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Sometimes encountering jellys is almost a daily thing for me, especially during some events that feature maps that don't really require much in terms of actually game play. Mere words cannot describe the emotional toll this sort of experience can inflict.

hn2drk9x18lo.jpg
    protoneous wrote: »
    Sometimes encountering jellys is almost a daily thing for me, especially during some events that feature maps that don't really require much in terms of actually game play. Mere words cannot describe the emotional toll this sort of experience can inflict.

hn2drk9x18lo.jpg
    Oh my Great Bird, no! Not healing and support!!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    protoneous wrote: »

hn2drk9x18lo.jpg

That... is beautiful honestly.

A well placed Jellyfish can certainly wreak havoc on the enemy, and help allies focus on other areas.
This discussion has been closed.