test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telekinetic Ground Trait Not Working For Reman Characters

seaverxseaverx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
The "Telekinetic" personal ground trait for Reman characters does not function properly. This trait should grant Reman characters an ability that deals physical damage, knocks back +30 meters, has a range of 25 meters, and a cooldown of 60 seconds. Instead, this trait grants Reman characters a passive 15% boost to root, hold, and knockback effects. Telekinetic currently functions properly for Lethean and Alien characters, as well as some Reman NPCs (Shadow Guard Elite). The description for this trait can be found at https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Telekinetic.

Comments

• barghestbarghest Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Im sorry to necro a thread but this is still a issue, can it be fixed?
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 22
    flame/troll/discussion of moderation redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,359 Arc User
    edited September 22
    Nothing in the ingame description of this Trait suggests a skill that can be activated.
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

Just for comparison, on an Alien, the Trait looks like this:
    v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

They may have the same icon, but they are not the same Trait.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Nothing in the ingame description of this Trait suggests a skill that can be activated.
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

so how am i supposed to get knock back then without telekinetic shove? It would make sense if both were a option considering Remans have to be earned or bought. I'm a Science player and i don't have access to grenades. would it even benefit a Engineer?

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,208 Arc User
    barghest wrote: »

support threads are exempt from the necro rule
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator

I will also verify that bug report threads are exempt from the Necro rule. Thanks for updating. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

so how am i supposed to get knock back then without telekinetic shove? It would make sense if both were a option considering Remans have to be earned or bought. I'm a Science player and i don't have access to grenades. would it even benefit a Engineer?

Try getting a weapon with [KB3] as one of the mods on it, that's knockback, and should be improved by the trait.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,138 Arc User
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

As a science player wouldn't some of your kit modules provide a knockback, hold, or root ? A few that come to mind could be Electro-gravitic Field, Sonic Pulse, and Stasis Field.

https://stowiki.net/wiki/Kit#Science

Yes, I realize you might have wanted the "other" version, but with Remans being so powerful on the ground I almost think that their particular Telekinesis trait could be highly effective for science Captains in particular.
    protoneous wrote: »
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

As a science player wouldn't some of your kit modules provide a knockback, hold, or root ? A few that come to mind could be Electro-gravitic Field, Sonic Pulse, and Stasis Field.

Yes, I realize you might have wanted the "other" version, but with Remans being so powerful on the ground I almost think that their particular Telekinesis trait could be highly effective for science Captains in particular.

Well, there goes my psychic build, thanks for the help though.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,803 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    fb4bia1kazrn.jpg

v5ph2690ejoe.jpg

Well, there goes my psychic build, thanks for the help though.

The main psionic attack Remans have is Mind Drain, their Telekinesis is secondary.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,359 Arc User
    The main psionic attack Remans have is Mind Drain...
    If memory serves, Mind Drain is exclusive to Remans.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    The main psionic attack Remans have is Mind Drain...
    If memory serves, Mind Drain is exclusive to Remans.

not exactly. The Letheans get a slightly weaker version of it in addition to actual telekinesis. In the grand scheme of a fight i haven't found the healing bonus to really be all that useful. Remans might not have hair, smooth skin, or the golden catlike pupils they had in their single canon appearance, but at least they don't have teeth on their face.
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    Remans don't have the telekinetic shove, but they do have something that might just be even better: the Mind Drain ability. It fires a purple beam that ignores shields and does decent kinetic damage. It has a fairly short range (I think like 15 meters or so), but it's a good supplemental ability to have, and it does scale with your character's level.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg