What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sphere of Influence - pylon is not showing the Blue, Red, Green and Yellow icon

124»

Comments

• Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The issue with that is that this bug reappeared following the February 29 patch, and has not been fixed since, despite three additional patches having been applied since then. So that particular patch is what is needed to be troubleshot in order to possibly determine what caused the mission-breaking bugs to reappear.

Also of note is that whatever patches fixed the bugs in the past would need to be examined, in hopes of finding a common thread.
  • Options
    gymzquirkgymzquirk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The "call and response" segment on the final platform does not flash the color-coded symbols before asking the player to repeat, so unless one gets extremely lucky in guessing, it's not possible to activate the gateway to get to the next part of the mission.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    danimus77danimus77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have this bug too hopefully it's fixed soon as it's the only story arc I need to finish on my temporal agent
  • Options
    cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    This problem persists and apparently cannot be resolved, so why do many of us buy a Lifetime subscription of €300 if the bug is not resolved, it has been around for almost a year. After a long time I finally wanted to let a certain character go further in the game and I had to play this mission and I came across this bug and what should I do? Stop everything again and continue with another alt, when will it finally be resolved so that we can finally move on?
  • Options
    polecat42polecat42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 31
    Yeah, this is getting old. SO busy making new stuff and ignoring old issues it feels like. Seriously, either include a method to SKIP the damned "puzzle", or fix it!
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    This problem persists and apparently cannot be resolved, so why do many of us buy a Lifetime subscription of €300 if the bug is not resolved, it has been around for almost a year. After a long time I finally wanted to let a certain character go further in the game and I had to play this mission and I came across this bug and what should I do? Stop everything again and continue with another alt, when will it finally be resolved so that we can finally move on?

Unfort they do fix it but they keep breaking it like the electrified floor in Dust to Dust so even if they do fix it they will probably break it again at some point.
  • Options
    polecat42polecat42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    wodenaz wrote: »
    cxeronockx wrote: »

Unfort they do fix it but they keep breaking it like the electrified floor in Dust to Dust so even if they do fix it they will probably break it again at some point.

If that's the case, they need to implement a work-around so we can skip it (and those electrified floors too, tho I was able to brute force those). And I don't mean skip the mission, I mean skip the puzzle so we can still get credit for it. It's literally the only mission arc my KDF recruit cannot get credit for because of this bug.
  • Options
    wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Now April 24. Still not fixed.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,479 Arc User
    edited April 3
    wvuscott wrote: »
    Now April 24. Still not fixed.

It is not April 24th, it is either April 3 or April 4th, depending where you are. Unless you mean April 2024.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    Update: We have tracked down what we think caused this (an issue with a bad binary file build for certain maps) and are testing some possible fixes internally. Keep your fingers (and tentacles) crossed.
  • Options
    Thank GOD! We've been dying for a fix to this for over a month. Sounds like that darn bug kept running and hiding in the "walls" (code). Let's hope this straight-up fixes it permanently this time. It's gotta be frustrating to see a patch bring back bugs you thought were fixed. I feel you.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »
    Update: We have tracked down what we think caused this (an issue with a bad binary file build for certain maps) and are testing some possible fixes internally. Keep your fingers (and tentacles) crossed.

Thank you! The mention of this makes me feel better about it even if it doesn't get fixed this week. :smile:
  • Options
    krystalgiovekrystalgiove Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please at this point just remove the puzzle entirely. Its honestly a tedious at best puzzle anyways and it breaks way too often. Its not worth being kept in the game. Otherwise it will probably only break again down the road.
  • Options
    Please at this point just remove the puzzle entirely. Its honestly a tedious at best puzzle anyways and it breaks way too often. Its not worth being kept in the game. Otherwise it will probably only break again down the road.

It is possible this same issue is affecting other things that broke at or around the same time. If so, removing the puzzle would not help, but fixing the problem would. Plus, I would not count on being able to remove one piece of a mission like that without the whole jenga tower toppling.
  • Options
    Well put, Tagen. This is one Jenga tower that's rather precarious already with all the expansions added over the years, so...I think figuring out what caused the puzzle to malfunction would be the best bet, rather than removing it entirely. However, adding a temporary "skip" option I think is what was implemented whilst they fixed the puzzle the last time. Might just be Mandela Effecting myself though.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    jheinig wrote: »
    Keep your fingers (and tentacles) crossed.
    I totally misread that... :D
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Still borked as of 4/5/2024
  • Options
    admrlhuskyadmrlhusky Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It is getting to be a problem GMs we need this issue to be priority 1 and work around the clock to fix this because i have a good feeling with all these bugs players may end up leaving the game and a bad review
  • Options
    admrlhuskyadmrlhusky Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 6
    (flame/troll post redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    krystalgiovekrystalgiove Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still not functioning properly as of 4/10 unfortunately
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Please fix this bug... Just ran into it tonight 4/10/2024. Been such a struggle to complete my old Delta recruit... Fighting bugs left and right... But this one is the worst so far...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    Stuff like this naturally takes time. It took forever for the devs to track down what caused the bug, due to this game's sheer complexity (and the bug being a stinker and seeming to "run" from them). Now they're testing possible fixes, but haven't given us any progress report in several days. Here's hoping they patch it out in this week's patch. FOR GOOD this time. *knocks on wood*
  • Options
    I have not been in to test it yet, but...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11567103-patch-notes-for-4/11/24
    Resolved an issue with the missions "Sphere of Influence" and "Dust to Dust" that caused some FX to never become visible making some of the puzzles impossible for captains.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 12
    Tested the mission today (4/11/2024) and it's been fixed. The symbols flashed as they should.

Now, how long it stays fixed only the Prophets know.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • Options
    baucoin wrote: »

...it has always been fixed...
    ...and it has always been broken...
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    ...how long it stays fixed only the Prophets know.
    Given how far the Sphere is from Bajor, they probably don't care.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    Tested the mission today (4/11/2024) and it's been fixed. The symbols flashed as they should.

Wait, which one has been fixed? Sphere of Influence, or A Step Between Stars?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,525 Arc User

Wait, which one has been fixed? Sphere of Influence, or A Step Between Stars?

Sphere of Influence, but if it is a visual puzzle or floor trap that is broken in A Step Between Stars there is a chance that whatever they did to fix the other two might fix that one too.
  • Options
    drogon123456drogon123456 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Tried Sphere of Influence today on my Romulan Character. The symbols still don't show. Hopefully they fix this soon.