test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sphere of Influence - pylon is not showing the Blue, Red, Green and Yellow icon

Before the latest patch I have been able to do Sphere of Influence Light puzzle with my Delta Recruit. Since the latest patch and with a new KDF Character i cannot see the Light puzzle. I do get the option to select each color but nothing more. If i press any color i get as a message Incorrect, Correct and repeat.

The pylon is not showing the Blue, Red, Green and Yellow icon. I have try the following with no success:

Beam back to the ship and return to the mission
Drop the mission and start again.
Skipping or not the cutscene before getting access to the console.

At the moment, mission cannot be past that point. The only option was to skip it.

Comments

• Options
    quixoticishquixoticish Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    "The Other Side". I go through the spaghetti-like maze of Iconian walkways, doing all of the mission requirements, then get to the final one with the control console and nothing happens. No trigger, can't scan or access anything, and Worf doesn't follow me up.

I've tried this on multiple characters, Federation and Klingon.

It's annoying as a lot of the daily endeavours require access to the Dyson Sphere battleground and I believe I can't get access to this until I complete this mission.
  • Options
    majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I just tried on a Federation character. Same problem. Did the mission on another character before the 8.22.2023 patch and it worked. Now it does not.
  • Options
    mgregoryd75#0918 mgregoryd75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I believe it is the quest "other side" at the iconian gate and trying to match the pattern of the colored icons (reconfigure controls). there is a flash of one colored icon. I select the icon and the quest says.....Incorrect. correct. repeat. then one icon flashes again. I think several icons are supposed to flash. Restarting the quest does not fix it. logging out and back in does not fix it. I have also tried shouting, swearing and mashing my keyboard in anger. None of that helped either.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Indeed, the last patch has broken this stage of the mission. When you get to the point where you have to "Reconfigure Controls" the colored icons do not appear above the console. You can try to guess but odds are you'll get the order incorrect.
    This part has always reminded me of playing the electronic game Simon as a kid.

This mission is part of the required mission stories for Delta, Temporal and Klingon recruits so skipping takes away the rewards they could receive for this arc and the complete all arcs.

This is a MAJOR bug that needs looking into ASAP.
  • Options
    mgregoryd75#0918 mgregoryd75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i wrote a ticket for this and they "forwarded it to the development team" for whatever that is worth.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,627 Arc User
    yeah I got the same thing.. I actually got the first one by luck, blue blue
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    yeah I got the same thing.. I actually got the first one by luck, blue blue

Same here, but when you have three in the sequence you'd have to have getting a ship out of your first lockbox luck. :p
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,276 Arc User
    I have recently this week started finishing my Klingon Recruit Device which has alot to do on it still.
    After finding out that 2 missions are blah, I have decided to stop working on it all together yet again putting it on indefinate hold.
    Both The Vault AND Sphere of influence are completely broke.
    Vault ending - ship doesnt explode end of mission impossible.
    Sphere of Influence - Control Light Ups are not showing up on the panel where they are supposed to be, again end of mission impossible.
    Verry discouraging for someone who wants to go finish the recruit device and cant cause of 2 missions.
    There is also dust to dust also reported as malfunctioning to mission impossible state.
    Moving away from missions for now and heading to something actually dooable.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    symbols arent showing, so we have to blindly guess a four over four combination that changes everytime you false guess.
  • Options
    cambera#8319 cambera Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I have this issue also. Ticket sent.
    I was caught the Vault Bug too!
  • Options
    Just had an update on my ticket - this is a known issue and the developers are working on it - no eta, but support are hoping for this week's patch - don't hold anybody to that
  • Options
    suavebob80suavebob80 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue for me too. Tho i did manage to finish the vault with no problems.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    I got the devs are aware. nothing further
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreeze#4293 ladybreeze Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also ran into this issue. Luckily you *can* brute force your way through it if you have the patience (The combos are set, but randomly chosen.)
    Ticket was submitted about it, Devs are aware and are supposedly looking into it, so fingers crossed newer players won't have to run into this as well.
  • Options
    battlestar#5696 battlestar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Confirmed. New player here, first time playing this mission and having the same issue with this part. Hopefully it gets fixed soon... cuz I am not strong with the brute force. :p
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    cannot complete missions. In The Vault after the reman warbird is defeated everything just stops and the friendly ship goes back to it's starting position. In Sphere on influence the puzzle symbols are not showing up so cannot advance from there and now all those poor people are trapped on that platform.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,470 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I was hoping that this week's patch might fix this but it appears not to - :neutral:
  • Options
    goodeius#8450 goodeius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    "Vault" good..."Sphere of Influence" bad. Submitted ticket, Dev's looking into it and nothing to be done till they conclude their fact finding mission. Yea, Starfield is dropping into Steam!
  • Options
    battlestar#5696 battlestar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Anyone have any magical brute-force advice for blind matching the colors? :D:p
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Before the latest patch I have been able to do Sphere of Influence Light puzzle with my Delta Recruit. Since the latest patch and with a new KDF Character i cannot see the Light puzzle. I do get the option to select each color but nothing more. If i press any color i get as a message Incorrect, Correct and repeat.

The pylon is not showing the Blue, Red, Green and Yellow icon. I have try the following with no success:

Beam back to the ship and return to the mission
    Drop the mission and start again.
    Skipping or not the cutscene before getting access to the console.

At the moment, mission cannot be past that point. The only option was to skip it.

I have the same issue with my reman character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    bluewolffbluewolff Member Posts: 1 New User
    sphere of influence, the other side, reconfigure controls.. color sequense isnt showing.. done mission 5 times now and cant get past last part...
  • Options
    notmrflibble#3265 notmrflibble Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Missing/invisible icons in the Iconian gateway configuration minigame. The four-symbol menu is displayed; text “Incorrect”, “Correct” and “Repeat” appears, but there is no indication of which symbols to choose. Only option is to skip.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,470 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    bughole#8591 bughole Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tried doing it yesterday, same problem: https://imgur.com/a/LYWwD4T
  • Options
    Well, I was hoping for a stealth fix for this today. But no joy.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,627 Arc User
    Still borked
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    mkelley64#6850 mkelley64 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The colour match game, I've restarted the mission already and the colour flashes do not show up.