test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endeavors beyond 750

william8004william8004 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I finally achieved 750 endeavor points. The "Progress towards next Perk Point" is stuck at 19477 even after completing daily Personal Endeavors. I thought we could be extra rewards when 750 was done. Please advise. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    750 is the max rank. You should have everything maxed out if you allocated all points. You can still do endeavors and get the reward boxes/xp/etc but you will no longer get any points.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    I finally achieved 750 endeavor points. The "Progress towards next Perk Point" is stuck at 19477 even after completing daily Personal Endeavors. I thought we could be extra rewards when 750 was done. Please advise. Thanks.

First Congrats for reaching 750, am there myself, have been for several months, can't say for how long been way too long> You will however keep amassing perk points, so when the limit is raised again you should of amassed a number of perk points to use when the increase happens. An increase was discussed in a live stream some time ago, where it was suggested it be raised to 1500, If a raise does happen I would say it would be more like to 1000.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

First Congrats for reaching 750, am there myself, have been for several months, can't say for how long been way too long> You will however keep amassing perk points, so when the limit is raised again you should of amassed a number of perk points to use when the increase happens. An increase was discussed in a live stream some time ago, where it was suggested it be raised to 1500, If a raise does happen I would say it would be more like to 1000.

I have two responses to my question and I am grateful. One says I keep getting points and the other says I don't. I thought we would get more points to use to trade for extra items.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,340 Community Moderator
    WAI, not a bug. thread /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    The max rank used to be something like 400 and then got raised a couple of times. If someone had achieved the max rank, the system kept track of those points and they were applied when the max rank was raised, but that was/is a hidden task in the background, you did not get to use them unless the cap is raised. So while you may technically still be getting points, you can not spend or do anything with them.
  • Options

I have two responses to my question and I am grateful. One says I keep getting points and the other says I don't. I thought we would get more points to use to trade for extra items.

Yes you will keep on accruing perk points in the background, but won't be able to use them until there inn an increase to the 750. When the raise from 500 to 750 was made I had accrued 78 perk points that I could use effectively taking me to 750 without having to do an endeavor, so I dread to think how many I have to use when or if they do an increase.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If they raise it again, I seriously hope they add some NEW stats instead of just adding on more to the existing ones...I mean, more crit and runspeed are nice, but I really want some account-wide boosts to control and drain too.

Hell, boosts to resources would also be nice - experience, spec experience, expertise, EC, dil, etc..​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Adding more to the current states would be crazy and cause all sort of balance problems. We don't need more ship crit damage or crit chance.
    Adding missing states like carriers buffs. +Pet HP, +Pet Damage, + Pet Crit, +bay recharge that would be great.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,804 Arc User
    Or maybe they could add something else entirely.

Like an R&D exp boost. Up to 30% extra exp or something like that. Would be nice to have for altaholics who are after the level 20 accolades.
    Likewise, I can see a fleet credit earn boost, reputation exp boost and Doff commendation boost being interesting enough for those interested in 'rounding out' their characters, without adding more power creep.

Another thing that could be interesting, is adding a skill that, when fully completed, allows you to use a third weapon slot on the ground for example. I'd certainly welcome the option to have a melee weapon active all the time for some casual cutting and slashing, without having to waste one of the two primary weapon slots for when things get serious.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Or maybe they could add something else entirely.

Like an R&D exp boost. Up to 30% extra exp or something like that. Would be nice to have for altaholics who are after the level 20 accolades.
    Likewise, I can see a fleet credit earn boost, reputation exp boost and Doff commendation boost being interesting enough for those interested in 'rounding out' their characters, without adding more power creep.

Another thing that could be interesting, is adding a skill that, when fully completed, allows you to use a third weapon slot on the ground for example. I'd certainly welcome the option to have a melee weapon active all the time for some casual cutting and slashing, without having to waste one of the two primary weapon slots for when things get serious.
    They certainly could add something else entirely. Its just Full Carriers are the only ship class and the only core build type that doesn't really get anything from endeavours to boost there theme.

Every other ship class and build type has endeavours that boosts them from DrainX, energy weapons, Proj, EPG and all the others. Unless I missed any only Carriers are missing. As a full Carrier based around pets I feel like endeavours don't really do anything for us. (I use pets over main weapons)

I do like your idea of endeavours different things like boost fleet credit, reputation, exp boost and Doff commendation. I am not sure how well that would go down with the wider player base. A lot of people into maxing out endeavours are overflowing in those resources and wouldn't care for those boosts. Not everyone but I believe a good amount of people.

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    Aside from maybe carrier stuff, honestly I'm glad endeavors have capped at 750. I'll never get there because I can't stand doing them 95% of the time but that's me. Won't complain if they want to give us a few extra bits, though the only question would be what at this juncture.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    DrainX

There is no DrainX - that's why I asked for it.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,039 Community Moderator
    I'd rather they not add more just yet. I'm actually close as I only have 3 stats left to work on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I prefer they completely hold off for like 2 years. More to allow DECA to get comfortable, discuss with Cryptic etc the long terms plan they have, and decide how they want to move forward to add to the game.

Considering the state of Drain in this game, i feel it would be better for the team to work on that side, before adding anything to endeavours for the drain skill.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, changing the stat so each point of DrainX contributes to 1% outgoing effectiveness and 0.5% incoming resistance instead of the other way around like it currently does would probably go a long way in fixing drain builds just from that alone.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    DrainX

There is no DrainX - that's why I asked for it.​​
    In that case I am wrong and they should add DrainX along with Carriers.
  • Options
    So at this point, I don't get anymore perk points.
  • Options

Once you reach 750 you can't apply any more perk points, but as I have previously posted you will continue to earn perk points, and apply those points as and when (or if) an increase is made.
  • Options
    Due to diminishing returns on everything (except crit chance/severity), even the latest raise to 750 was largely pointless, so I can't see any reason at all for them to raise the current values any further.
  • Options
    The only thing in STO that has REAL diminishing returns is resists - and that makes up about 1/3rd, if that, of endeavor stats.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options

Once you reach 750 you can't apply any more perk points, but as I have previously posted you will continue to earn perk points, and apply those points as and when (or if) an increase is made.
    That's not meant to happen. Didn't the devs say last time was a mistake/bug. You can keep earning the rewards for points but the points are not meant to stack up ready to spend for the next increase if it happens.
  • Options

That's not meant to happen. Didn't the devs say last time was a mistake/bug. You can keep earning the rewards for points but the points are not meant to stack up ready to spend for the next increase if it happens.

I've been at 750 for months and I'm still earning perk points
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I do remember it being mentioned that the intention next time was to not allow the accumulated extra perk points beyond the current maximum to be used to instantly hit the new maximum. Whether it's actually implemented though, is anyone's guess.
  • Options

I've been at 750 for months and I'm still earning perk points
    Is the counter showing you have points to spend? I am still earning perk points in that I get the reward box each time I earn a new point. But my counter for points to spend is staying at 0. Once they increase the cap I shouldn't have any points to spend upgrading.

• Options
    josephphlanxjosephphlanx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 27
    I've noticed that occasionally after completing an endeavor, the chat log will show:

Gained 1 Perk Point
    Gained 100 Dilithium Ore
    Lost 1 Perk Point

So even though the current progress bar is static, it still keeps track of whenever you get 20,000 points. If there is a cap increase I don't think there will be any stored progress. Though you do get a tiny bit of compensation.
    Post edited by josephphlanx on
  • Options
    The only thing in STO that has REAL diminishing returns is resists - and that makes up about 1/3rd, if that, of endeavor stats.​​

As someone who noted down all my character stats before applying a bunch of points and seeing practically no change, I'll disagree on that. I wish I had kept the formula Geko posted on it some years back, should try and find it again.

So, with my maxed out endeavors, lets take my ship into space, remove a console, and check some values.
    2214.8 AP damage (1771.9 DPS) from a AP DBB and general crit of 48.9%.
    Now, lets add back my Adv Tac Locater of +39.4% AP and +2% crit.
    2325.2 (1860 DPS) and 50.9% crit.

Thats a 6.2% increase from a +39.4% console, seems like "REAL" diminishing returns to me.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Is the counter showing you have points to spend? I am still earning perk points in that I get the reward box each time I earn a new point. But my counter for points to spend is staying at 0. Once they increase the cap I shouldn't have any points to spend upgrading.
    In the past, once you were at the maximum further perk points were counted in the background, but the on screen total stayed at zero as you describe. Mine is the same now. After the maximum was extended all those extra points earned became visible and could be allocated as you desired.

Last time I'd built up enough extra perk points to get to the new 750 maximum immediately on day one. But then I mostly keep doing the endeavours each day regardless, for the boxes. Whether it will work in the same way next time, remains to be seen, as there was talk of changing it.
  • Options
    In my opinion, the boxes are interesting enough to keep doing endeavours. The doable, low-nuisance ones at least - I'll skip stuff like doing 3 advanced Lukari TFO's as one would spend more time waiting for the missions to launch than actually be playing them. They're just not worth the trouble, imo.

I'm even of the opinion that these rewards are more worth it than yet more stat increases.
    I mean, enemies can only die once. What's the point in getting even more powerful, when we're already at the point where you just blink with your eyes to find everything dead when you open them?

Those boxes give me a reason to play certain content. The stat boost? I don't need them and I care increasingly less for them.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Rather than adding more points, I think they should focus on diversifying the tasks.

There's a lot of content that's hardly played anymore and that's not included in the system. Fleet Alert, Starbase Incursion, the Borg ground missions.
    Likewise, there is all sorts of gear that's hardly used, like stun pistols - simply because a bigger cannon exists. Why not create some tasks around that and encourage players doing something else than they usually do?

Sure, some people might find such tasks tiresome. But I'm thinking the same when I'm getting another 'kill Voth in the ground battlezone' or 'destroy 18 targetable torpedoes' for the third time in a week. At least give us some more diversity in the tasks and use the system to boost some of the older queues.

That by itself would be a huge improvement as such changes would actually deal with the game's playable content and gear. Instead of merely using the system to create another stat increase.

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2
    Reached 750 too. Kinda sad we can't go beyond the imposed max. But truth be told, full endeavor-completion already made you slightly OP; upping them even further would eventually lead to inevitable nerfs. Maybe it's good this way.
    3lsZz0w.jpg