test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Server Down

13»

Comments

• kazwickkazwick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hail to the King of the Starships 'TWO FREE Participation Points per PC account' for the 14th Anniversary Event to earn the Alliance Rex?????
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    I think the devs noticed i was about to log in to go T-rex hunting and they decided: Nope, that is bad advertisement for the event reward ship.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Just attempted again and I got a new message in the same place. Internal error refresh data account failed or something like that. I guess keep waiting
  • drokkiedrokkie Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Server down again it seems. Got booted out when at the tailor and now says "server unavailable".
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    At least I know it's not a "ME" problem this time.

That's something.
  • kalenathkalenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 29
    At least I know it's not a "ME" problem this time.

That's something.

Yeah, still...

Okay, I am about to go KDF on the whoever let the Borg into the servers.

Mark target for orbital strike!
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 29
    The hamsters have been assimilated by the borg and have risen up remember folks the saying is "ALL HAIL OUR BORGSTER OVERLORDS" :) just gotta be patient I guess...I hate being patient
    on a more serious note any updates please?
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    Halfway through the new mission with a team..... : :s
  • n0m00nukn0m00nuk Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @fadmbambam said:
    > Halfway through the new mission with a team..... : :s
    Literally just finished the cutscene for the bossfight and I got kicked out. Admittedly, last night the mission bugged out at an earlier stage so I was initially happy to get that far.

Guess that means I will have to waste another couple of hours getting to that point again...
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    We're doing a full restart of the servers to fix the issue. Hopefully back soon.
    We're doing a full restart of the servers to fix the issue. Hopefully back soon.

thank you for the update ya'll are awesome so does this mean 10 free t6 coupons each with warm cookies and hot chocolate? :p
  • setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    arathin wrote: »

thank you for the update ya'll are awesome so does this mean 10 free t6 coupons each with warm cookies and hot chocolate? :p

Id love some fresh baked Chocolate chip cookies and a big, tall glass of ice cold milk...
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    I would say a good consolation prize is to extend the double EXP weekend. Maybe add a temporary increase to the dilithium refinement cap? (say, to 10,000 per toon instead of 8000)
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • cadiangatecadiangate Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Forgive my ignorance, but how long does it take to restart the servers?

Asking for a friend.
    depends
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    cadiangate wrote: »

Asking for a friend.

Just a simple reboot is one thing, but it doesn't always fix the problem. And with servers that work together that provide a single service, there are sync issues and backend servers that need to be looked at as well. If there is database corruption, etc., then it could be quite a while.
  • cadiangatecadiangate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    cadiangate wrote: »

Asking for a friend.

Just a simple reboot is one thing, but it doesn't always fix the problem. And with servers that work together that provide a single service, there are sync issues and backend servers that need to be looked at as well. If there is database corruption, etc., then it could be quite a while.

Fair enough appreciate the response.
  • bobbiejim#3699 bobbiejim Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Did you check to see if the power bar is on?

Trouble shooting one-oh-one: check if the cleaning lady took out the power cord from the socket for her vacuum cleaner.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rockchick#9672 rockchick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I dont have a clue to what you all are talking about with the server talk All i know it took 6 attempts for me to log in it kept saying server time out. I finally was able to log in and start game play and then i was booted from the game and then it says server unavailable.... Why wont they let us use the server?
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Ok, looks like I'm back in - assessing....
    liCO4Xm.jpg
    Looks like cleaning lady has left the building.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    I dont have a clue to what you all are talking about with the server talk All i know it took 6 attempts for me to log in it kept saying server time out. I finally was able to log in and start game play and then i was booted from the game and then it says server unavailable.... Why wont they let us use the server?
    The "server" is the computer system the game itself runs on. Your computer runs what's called a "client", which is a sort of sub-image of the entire server that tries to synch with the server itself in order to make sure your computer shows you what's going on on the server at the moment. ("Rubber-banding" occurs when the two become temporarily desynchronized, then the client has to realign itself with where the server believes your character/ship is.)

The problem in this instance is that for reasons of which we are not currently aware, the server lost its connection with another subsystem, the login server (whose sole job is to keep track of who's logged in and who their characters are), and left us unable to connect properly to the game itself. If the last two posts are correct, it would appear that rebooting the server (turning it off and on again) cleared the problem up.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    10c12bb09c90a4bd6551fd3a486c90a8.gif
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    Believe it or not, the "Boomer Fix" (turn the whole thing off then back on) seems to clear up a good 90% of common problems, statistically. It derives its somewhat derogatory nickname from the fact that a lot of older folks (baby boomers) are said to stereotypically have trouble with computers and other electronic devices, and most of their problems are of the type easily fixed with the flip of a switch.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    edited January 29
    The server is up. /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.