PC Server Down

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
All threads /merged here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 29
    Got a DC (again) and had to restart the game client, game logs in fine but keeps timing out on "retrieving character list". I've tried to launch the game with and without the Proxy, both the same thing.

The game's lag has been getting increasingly bad since Friday, today I did my daily event TFO and the lag was so bad everyone kept rubberbanding. I asked in team chat and everyone was experiencing horrible lag. When will this get resolved?
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    kitfewwetkitfewwet Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Got a DC (again) and had to restart the game client, game logs in fine but keeps timing out on "retrieving character list". I've tried to launch the game with and without the Proxy, both the same thing.

The game's lag has been getting increasingly bad since Friday, today I did my daily event TFO and the lag was so bad everyone kept rubberbanding. I asked in team chat and everyone was experiencing horrible lag. When will this get resolved?

Same here, took several attempts get to the the login server as it tries to retrieve characters.
  • Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User

It keeps timing out when I try to log in. My internet speeds are normal so I guess something odd is going on server side. Anyone else having trouble getting in?
  • Options
    sledgehammer79sledgehammer79 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same is here, "retrieving character list" then boom...TIME OUT! This is so increasingly annoying since 01.23.24 patch....
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited January 29
    yes. i got in 20 min ago had to get out and now i cant get back in at all.
    i got alot of stuff to do and only 3 hours to complete it in and it takes that long without issues to complete.
    as of now i have been trying to sign on for 15 min, i give up, try again tomorrow. game over for the day.
  • Options
    I think it started yesterday, as the game was randomly very choppy, but I was able to play still without too much trouble.
  • Options
    elgarimmelgarimm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    connection to server timed out, repeatedly, cant log in.
  • Options
    Yes, it's the same with me, I simply can't log in because of the constant timeout
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    I guess we need to have some patience while the server hamsters are trying to catch up.
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 29
    get to retrieving characters then getting connection timed out error
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Same here, connection to server times out, when the game starts and tries to load my characters.
  • Options
    setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yes everything is lagged out with inventory and ships. Even chat. Login is screwy as welll0
  • Options
    r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    yeah tried to log in just getting time out all the time
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    cannot login either posted in support
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Game was lagging hard, TFOs were unable to start (the "accept" dialog wouldn't pop), chat was delayed etc. Then it started kicking people out and "server unavailable", shortly after 1pm Eastern.

Guess we wait for a new team of hamsters to be brought in.
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    To paraphrase a famous doctor, it's dead, Jim.

North-Eastern US, here.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    The Borg King may or may not have gotten some nanoprobes into our PC servers. We're taking them offline to clean them out, we'll have more of an update soon for you on how long they'll be down.
  • Options
    kalenathkalenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yeah, just got booted.

laggy as hell the last few days, server timed out a LOT, then this.

*sigh*

Okay. Who let the Borg play around with the server infrastructure THIS time?????
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Yea I was experiencing it too and now can't get in. I'll check with the other mods and Kael.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Damn borg tribbles assimilated the login servers :o:(
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    https://x.com/trekonlinegame/status/1752035203432735066?s=20

The Borg King may or may not have gotten some nanoprobes into our PC servers. We're taking them offline to clean them out, we'll have more of an update soon for you on how long they'll be down.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Game was laggy all morning. Now I can't log in at all, server unavailable message
  • Options
    https://x.com/trekonlinegame/status/1752035203432735066?s=20

Thanks for the clarification :smile:
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    thread /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I'll see you soon Harry!
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Just got kicked out after the last hour or so the sever having serious lag issues...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Merged
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    danaleedanalee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 29
    (Trolling comments moderated out)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Merged

Looks more like Acquisition to me, with 'System' taking over this thread.

It's part of a larger plan, I'm telling ya!
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.