test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Server Down

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    edited January 29
    Welp, looks like I won't be having an excuse today not to continue working on my Creepypasta for once.

Who knows, I might even finish it before 2035. :p

Edit: who am I kidding? I'm still here and probably going to check the server's status every two minutes.
  • bobbiejim#3699 bobbiejim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Relax folks, no reason to be upset. The store seems fine, you can spend as much as you want on ships, fancy clothes, and such. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-eA_HxeCfI
  • drokkiedrokkie Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Up now!
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Back in as of 2:20PM Eastern
    drokkie wrote: »
    Up now!

Ha! I knew it. As soon as I got the idea, I knew the game would come back to stop me from doing something useful!

You're welcome all. :D
    Still as lagged as before though :(
    And when switching chars I time out waiting for character list.
    So the restart was no improvement.

It's probably cause a lot of people are trying to log on at the same time. My guess is that it'll run smoother in a bit.
  • joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 29
    I'm having the same issue where it times out pulling up my characters. I had not noticed any lag issues before the server shut down.
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    still cannot log in
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Can't login either. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    The problem is still there. I still can't get in. Tried just now.

It's probably cause a lot of people are trying to log on at the same time. My guess is that it'll run smoother in a bit.

Nope. Still the same 6-10 sec lag on chat and reputation choir, per button press.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    So confirmed, chat, refining dil, many other actions (at least on ground maps) still very laggy. And some login attempts fail and need to try again. However, entering the Event TFO is working (where it didn't just before the restart), and oddly, once in the TFO, everything was working fine.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,296 Arc User
    I am giving up for the day try again in the AM when i do my event.
    hopefully by morning the server is running cause missing a days progress is a big deal to me.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    No rush. Take time to fix any problem. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kalenathkalenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Laggy as hell. Every time I try to switch characters, 'timed out connecting to server'.

I am going to wait a few hours and try again.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,765 Arc User
    Same here, the character server seems to be struggling again (or is completely down). Makes me wonder if it is under DDOS attack like the new wiki was last week or thereabouts.
  • setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Still broken/lagggged after servers reopened
    any updates from mods please?
  • elgarimmelgarimm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    2 hours...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    For my part... still in the dark as everyone else on what's causing it. Keeping an eye on a few things, but RL is about to hit me like a freight train.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    Managed to get in briefly earlier, but can't now.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I can tell you what the likely reason for all the lag is: Omega particle-farming bots. Every anniversary event, there are TONS of them. Yet the devs never seem to do anything about them. They're like Tribbles--you can never completely get rid of them, and they keep coming back due to multiplying like crazy.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    It's in the Character List.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Server button green but cannot log in - says connection to server timed out.

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    So...the bug is in the actual character list? Said bug that wasn't there before?

Sus

Amogus
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
    suzanna3 wrote: »
    Server button green but cannot log in - says connection to server timed out.

been going on for about 2-3 hours now they have tried one reset to no avail but hoping it clears up soon
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    When my client booted me I got a popup notification saying the STO couldn't find a file (didn't specify which one unfortunately and I forgot to screenshot it), but right after that file went "missing" is when I crashed.
    Not sure if that's helpful, but *shrug*.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 29
    Most of the items and actions are extremely delayed or won't work while in game atm. Also, log-in is iffy.

*EDIT* SERVERS DOWN FOR FIX AGAIN
  • joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Can't login at all. It get to the character list and then the server times out
This discussion has been closed.