test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 12/14/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited January 5 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC Maintenance tomorrow, 12/14, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11560133
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    Unfortunately, the patch created a brand-new bug that prevents the launcher from working without reentering email and password each time, which is an extremely irritating bug itself.
  • Options
    imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    These forums are difficult to navigate. Since this patch the Launcher has difficulty connecting and opening at all. Often giving the connection error after a few attempts. If it does manage to load, it will say, "Unable to authenticate lost connection to account server" when I attempt to login. I have attempted to manually enter my email and then my password as the first step because of previous comment saying it makes you renter it.

My internet connection is fine and I am able to access other online services with ease. I did reset router and reboot computer just in case. Still STO is the only thing affected. I understand that you may have people working on this issue. It would be nice if there was a more up to date list of known issues. As I said, these forums are difficult to navigate.

I understand that these issues do occur. I am curious if you will be extending the event because of this issue as it seems I am going to miss todays chance to complete it. I hope by tomorrow it is accessible again. If this continues for longer will you be extending the event to make up for the lost time?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I... have to agree. Something broke the laucher from being able to connect.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    Personally, I haven't experienced any issue. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,023 Arc User
    ...new bug that prevents the launcher from working...
    In what way are you experiencing this? I've had a couple hours playtime today, switching characters and whatnot; exited in order to make dinner and logged back in again - no difference in launcher behaviour for me.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    In what way are you experiencing this? I've had a couple hours playtime today, switching characters and whatnot; exited in order to make dinner and logged back in again - no difference in launcher behaviour for me.

For me it times out trying to reach the patch server for the Launcher auto update.

Can people start reporting what ISP they're on if they're experiencing issues? I got word from Kael that nothing seems to be wrong on Cryptic's end, meaning its something between player and server.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    It's broke. the launcher is broke. I can't even attempt to load and patch. tried 10 times already. It just times out messing up my holiday event progress. i have a time limits in which in can play. they mess it up.

I have been told by a friend that it is a non-arc issue. if you have arc you can launch it. So i am gonna try that and it is true that is messes up since that is the only game i play that is on arc while everything else is.... well not going to advertise.
    Post edited by ulmanchun on
  • Options
    ulmanchun wrote: »
    It's broke. the launcher is broke. I can't even attempt to load and patch. tried 10 times already. It just times out messing up my holiday event progress. i have a time limits in which in can play. they mess it up.

I have been told by a friend that it is a non-arc issue. if you have arc you can launch it. So i am gonna try that and it is true that is messes up since that is the only game i play that is on arc while everything else is.... well not going to advertise.

I'd suggest calming down and providing information that could help track it down.
    I'm frustrated to, but I'm not going to flip out over it. I play through Steam, but that and launching it on its own bypassing Steam produced the same exact result. Something between us and the server is interfering as other players are able to get in no problem. Don't forget that it is not a direct connection to the STO servers. There is a lot of internet between you and Cryptic, so don't just assume its on Cryptic's end and jump to accusation mode or anything.
  • Options
    ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'd suggest calming down and providing information that could help track it down.
    I'm frustrated to, but I'm not going to flip out over it. I play through Steam, but that and launching it on its own bypassing Steam produced the same exact result. Something between us and the server is interfering as other players are able to get in no problem. Don't forget that it is not a direct connection to the STO servers. There is a lot of internet between you and Cryptic, so don't just assume its on Cryptic's end and jump to accusation mode or anything.

While you were responding to this message i was testing a theory. i too did the bypass and it did nothing. i downloaded arc. i downloaded fine. got my hopes up and then nothing... same issue as with steam. tries find server and times out.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    No issue with me. Everything is fine.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    ...new bug that prevents the launcher from working...

I just logged in normally this evening so it may have resolved itsef.

What it was doing was instead of just clicking on the STO launcher icon and the game auto launching like it normally does, it would pause for about ten or twenty seconds or so longer than usual and then instead of the ARC screen popping up the little credentials box that you get if you launch the game manually came up. Using that manual box was iffy too, it would often error out with some connection error (it flicked on and off too fast to read any details before it went down).

Today when I started the game it paused a few seconds longer than normal at the update stage but other than that it was normal.
  • Options
    mrlongfellowmrlongfellow Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Might there be a chance in future patches that there would be a means to have a Space Primary and Secondary specialization and a ground setup? So as to avoid having to flip-flop for missions, or finding out you joined the TFO Randomizer that had you on ground when set for space and vice versa?

It is already something of a chore to constantly re-check skill trays, locked or not, every time you switch from space to ground to space to make sure you don't have things re-arranged... but it becomes a guarantee if wanting to do a specialization swap.
    tumblr_mgsb18cOD71qklviqo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Might there be a chance in future patches that there would be a means to have a Space Primary and Secondary specialization and a ground setup? So as to avoid having to flip-flop for missions, or finding out you joined the TFO Randomizer that had you on ground when set for space and vice versa?

It is already something of a chore to constantly re-check skill trays, locked or not, every time you switch from space to ground to space to make sure you don't have things re-arranged... but it becomes a guarantee if wanting to do a specialization swap.

Most of the specializations are both space and ground. I think the only Primary that is only one is Pilot, and then we have Commando and Strategist that are secondary. But if you have, say Command set as Primary and Intel set as Secondary, than the Intel will only apply up to T2 as a Secondary.
This discussion has been closed.