test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher stuck in an autoupdate loop

13»

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    For those who it keeps crashing on, go into your windows task manager look for the sto game client and kill all the crashed instances, they do not clear out on thier own in some cases :). THEN retry the launcher again.
    This solution helped me 3 days ago when it started to happen here.
    Did not work for me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My problem with the launcher autoupdate looping around seems to have been corrected, although it sure wasn't anything I did. I can only assume it was indeed a server glitch of some sort. Just finished playing STO for first time in 5 days after the launcher finally was able to complete it's download.
  • setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    (flame/troll/discussion of moderation removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator
    Folks, keep this related to the issue at hand and potential solutions. Folks are free to voice frustrations, but it must be done civilly or it will get modded.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The unwanted lurking entries in the task manager seemed to have been fixed after last thursdays maintenance.

However the original issue of the updaters loop of dismay is still going strong. Tried logging in just now (UK, 18th july) went to fix my lunch and came back to see it had gone into another loop, exact number of loops unknown but one is still a loop too many.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I couldn't update the launcher for the past 4 days, as of now it works. Launcher update took a long time though, however it did not loop any more. pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gladeusex#1475 gladeusex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well, I got it working 3 days ago, and its back to update failure for 12 hours.
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    ok...I went with the uninstall - reinstall solution...I forgot to backup my screenshots and lost 2 years of screenshots...
    it worked...for couple days...and now it started all over again with the looping....
    so...I lost 2 years of screenshots for no reason...great..!

edit: after some loops of 7-8k kB and couple 112+Mb and a looooong of time on last loop it worked!
    let's hope it ll get better or at least keep working at the end... :/