test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Klink Ody?

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
Been asking this question in several channels, but nobody seemed to know.

So, is there a Klingon equivalent of the Fed Ody? (with its unique bridge, but then red-themed). I thought there was, but I cant find it (or its name).

N.B. For nostalgia, an oldie, but a goodie:

zu14zsuz0vvr.jpg
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    The Klingon equivalent of the Odyssey is the Bortasqu, which does have its own bridge.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    The Klingon equivalent of the Odyssey is the Bortasqu, which does have its own bridge.

Sweet! Thank you! <3
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    Personally I don't think it's a very good looking Bridge bridge but yeah the Bortasqu is the KDF counter-part to the Odyssey.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Personally I don't think it's a very good looking Bridge bridge but yeah the Bortasqu is the KDF counter-part to the Odyssey.

It looks more Star Wars than Star Trek with the all the windows and space observation catwalks, but it is not a bad looking bridge. It would be perfect for moody emo anime captains to stand and stare out into space while weighing hard decisions from.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    and I think the original Bort had the big honking gun
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    You used to be able to visit the bridge for the STO Anniversary. I don’t remember where you had to go to get there though. You also got to meet all the Bortasqu bridge crew.
  • Options
    Thx, guys, for the feedback. :smiley: I found it in a youtube video:

https://youtu.be/s62pFvLyRio?t=80

I must say, not bad per se, but definitely below par, compared to the Fed Ody equivalent.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I really don't like the platform the captain's chair is on, It kind of makes the bridge looks like a bad parody of a Star Wars design, Star Wars ships have certain style to them and Bortasqu seems like it's trying to do a fusion of the Star Trek and Star Wars styles without really understanding either of them.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I really don't like the platform the captain's chair is on, It kind of makes the bridge looks like a bad parody of a Star Wars design, Star Wars ships have certain style to them and Bortasqu seems like it's trying to do a fusion of the Star Trek and Star Wars styles without really understanding either of them.

That fusion pretty much describes what Paramount Pictures tried for (though more under the surface rather than looks) when they hijacked Phase II from the Paramount TV to create the movies. Still, while it goes further than Paramount in the looks, it is not like there is no precedent for it.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    All Klingon bridges (what few of them actually make it onscreen) have the captain's chair on raised platforms.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    All Klingon bridges (what few of them actually make it onscreen) have the captain's chair on raised platforms.​​
    To a degree yes but not the extent the Bortasqu has. Most Klink designs have few steps the Bortasqu has platform that's over 2 meters tall.
  • Options
    spetsnaz#4187 spetsnaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am still waiting for a Legendary Bortas'Q with the same trims and treatment as my beloved Oddy. Heck Rommies got a Legendary Scimtar way before the KDF, which a shame as the Bortas'Q is 2nd most recognizable flagship next to the Oddy'prise.
    32aa55c7a06db911f5d90941ed174c06-1024x576.jpg

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    You used to be able to visit the bridge for the STO Anniversary. I don’t remember where you had to go to get there though. You also got to meet all the Bortasqu bridge crew.

You went to the Utopia Planitia shipyards (in orbit above Mars) - but that zone was only in game/available to go to for the duration of the Event - which they (The STO Devs) never hold/activate any longer.

Although, with STO no completely it own separate Star Trek Universe - perhaps the will revisit that stance?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    To a degree yes but not the extent the Bortasqu has. Most Klink designs have few steps the Bortasqu has platform that's over 2 meters tall.

Klingon Captain: I am the Lord of my Domain!
    Klingon Officer: Sir... The Warp Coils are misaligned. We've been going in circles for a week.
    Klingon Captain: *derp* MY DOMAIN!

Couldn't resist. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    That was a limited-time Event for the 2nd anniversary:
    It was updated for First Contact Day in 2014:
    It has not been repeated since.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Thx, guys, for the feedback. :smiley: I found it in a youtube video:

https://youtu.be/s62pFvLyRio?t=80

I must say, not bad per se, but definitely below par, compared to the Fed Ody equivalent.

That is a ten year old video though. A lot of KDF materials have been updated since so the Bort bridge may not look as it does in the video.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @questerius said:
    > That is a ten year old video though. A lot of KDF materials have been updated since so the Bort bridge may not look as it does in the video.

I am pretty sure they never updated any of the KDF bridges. But the fact that they made many KDF is something of an STO miracle. Romulans may have the most Ledgendary ships, but they only ever got 2 bridges.
  • Options
    > @questerius said:
    > That is a ten year old video though. A lot of KDF materials have been updated since so the Bort bridge may not look as it does in the video.

I am pretty sure they never updated any of the KDF bridges. But the fact that they made many KDF is something of an STO miracle. Romulans may have the most Ledgendary ships, but they only ever got 2 bridges.

There's 4 bridges to draw from for Romulans IIRC, the TOS BoP command center/bridge, the TNG bridge and the 2 nemesis bridges (of which 1 is technically a Reman bridge).

Klingons have at least as many bridges if not more in the movie/TNG era.
  • Options
    > @questerius said:

There's 4 bridges to draw from for Romulans IIRC, the TOS BoP command center/bridge, the TNG bridge and the 2 nemesis bridges (of which 1 is technically a Reman bridge).

Klingons have at least as many bridges if not more in the movie/TNG era.

In the game there is only the one generic Romulan bridge, the Scimitar bridge, the T'laru bridge (which is really a Suliban bridge), and the "Romulan Temporal Bridge (which is just a regular Federation Temporal bridge painted green). They don't have any others that are considered Romulan in the game.

In the shows, the TOS BoP bridge is too cramped for a game like STO that lacks a first-person view, the followcam would go crazy. The TOS Stormbird D7 bridge appears to be just a TOS Klingon D7 bridge with purpleish lighting instead of the Klingon reddish light, but all that is shown onscreen is the command chair, a grill, and the wall behind the chair (that prevents getting stabbed in the back presumably) so no official floorplan exists for it.

Besides the bridge, the interior of a TOS D7 is not that different from a Federation interior except that there is more greebles on the walls and more pipes, conduits, and other stuff visible (or at least that is what the Romulan ones look like).

TNG and VOY had at least partial views of a number of different Romulan bridges on various sized ships, most are rather spartan, but some have almost as many displays and panels as Federation bridges.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    In the game there is only the one generic Romulan bridge, the Scimitar bridge, the T'laru bridge (which is really a Suliban bridge),

I own a T'Laru. It's a very nicely lit bridge (darkish, with gorgeous accents); it doesn't look Suliban to me, though (I thought the Suliban bridge was the same as that of the cell ship).
    and the "Romulan Temporal Bridge (which is just a regular Federation Temporal bridge painted green).

LOL. Same as for the Klink: the temporal bridge is just the Fed bridge painted red. ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I own a T'Laru. It's a very nicely lit bridge (darkish, with gorgeous accents); it doesn't look Suliban to me, though (I thought the Suliban bridge was the same as that of the cell ship).

You're right, I got it mixed up with the Silik, (I probably shouldn't post things when I am not all the way awake yet :lol: ), probably because the similarity in hull shape and the way the Silik is supposed to be a cooperative build between the Suliban and the Republic.

The Suliban only seem to have the cell ship bridge, which ironically it is not available for the Silik even though the cell ship bridge is really the one from the Suliban stealth cruiser from the ENT episode Shockwave that the Silik is based on.
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

The what?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    nixie50 wrote: »

The what?

A disruptor autocannon. think phaser lance meets minigun. Didn't pack a big punch though.
    Would have been interesting to use that on other ships..

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Bortasqu'_Cruiser_Set#Console_-_Universal_-_Disruptor_Autocannon
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.