test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Same here. Launcher downloads big patch then no luck logging in.

Will keep a check here to find out what's going on.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • zend1zend1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Chiming in to say that I had been able to log in and play as normal until the latest patch last night. Now I'm also stuck in the endless patching loop where the patch jumps form 2/3rds done to suddenly done, but the Unexpected popup appears if I click Engage. I hope the next patch fixes the patch loop/jump at least...
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I think we all deserve a free T6 coupon for having to put up with this mess. If they can't get it fixed today, then a free Legendary pack would be needed to motivate me to continue being patient.

I am not going to make demands; but I can tell you I'm getting real tired of constantly downloading gigabytes of patches that do absolutely nothing other than waste my time.

What I 'want,' however, is for Cryptic to test their stuff. Is it so hard to take a laptop, plug it into something else than their intranet, and see whether the patch works from the outside? Guess so.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User
    From what I can tell getting into game is random. I got into game for an hour. Went out and when I came back stuck in the patch loop again.
  • dispatcher988#5476 dispatcher988 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    zend1 wrote: »
    Chiming in to say that I had been able to log in and play as normal until the latest patch last night. Now I'm also stuck in the endless patching loop where the patch jumps form 2/3rds done to suddenly done, but the Unexpected popup appears if I click Engage. I hope the next patch fixes the patch loop/jump at least...

Same here, I was fine until trying to log in this morning, then it borked everything up for me.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    From what I can tell getting into game is random. I got into game for an hour. Went out and when I came back stuck in the patch loop again.

I can absolutely confirm this. Seems like the patcher is in a "Let's spew some random patches" mode.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I think we all deserve a free T6 coupon for having to put up with this mess. If they can't get it fixed today, then a free Legendary pack would be needed to motivate me to continue being patient.

Dont hold your breath cause I personally dont see any of your suggestions hapening.
    However, I agree compensation is now due which is somethihg they normally dont do.

• dispatcher988#5476 dispatcher988 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Downloaded the latest patch twice, tried force verify and still no dice. Any word on what the latest status is and when issue is expected to be resolved?

Ummm, this was their "fix" for everyone who had been unable to get into the game since April 5th, unfortunately it broke the game for those of us who didnt have the problem initially, now it seems we all have the problem.
  • angusmcfifexiii#8078 angusmcfifexiii Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Some sort of recompense would be a good idea.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    So far it seems like opening a loot box. It patch then patch until you get the right patch. The right patch is the 10GB patch if you get 0.5gb it the wrong patch. Once you get the right patch you get into the game. If you log out you go back into patch loop until you win and get the 10GB patch. So DO NOT LOG OUT if you get in.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • celus#9065 celus Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I downloaded several patches and rebooted multiple times. I ran with forced verify and I am now in.
  • maximus64maximus64 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    It is not possible to enter the game yet. A different patch is downloaded with each attempt, but no practical effect. Force verify and reboot has no effect. Updates, please.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    HAHAHAHAHA man its 9.19am Easter Time and after I got in last night I just started the launcher again and it (you guessed it) did another patch and now I can't get back into the game with the same message as before. I give up, Happy Easter everyone.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • startrekaeorrostartrekaeorro Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I was able to log in fine last night after about 8 patches, but it was really late my time, so I went to bed shortly afterwards. This morning it looks like I'm back to having the same problem with a patch starting as soon as I tried to log on. I then got the dreaded "unable to start game client" message... I just started patch #2, so we'll see how many it takes to get back on.
    “Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. ”― E. Rommelvn1d8jtiy2sg.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    Starting to get really frustrated and I'm about to throw in the towel for today. Don't need the frustration today.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• megas#5499 megas Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Starting to get really frustrated and I'm about to throw in the towel for today. Don't need the frustration today.
    Did the force verify work for you? It worked for me...at lest initially. Have not logged out to see if I get thrown back into the patch death loop.
    Did the force verify work for you? It worked for me...at lest initially. Have not logged out to see if I get thrown back into the patch death loop.

Didn't work for me. Guess I can shake that Ultimate Upgrade Token good-bye.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Are you all re-installing the game on todays PATCH?
    IT just finish still can't start game.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    i did a force verify which by my estimate is an 8gb patch, min 3 hours before it finishes or more.
    I know i cant keep doing this 1 to 4 hours before i can try to get in, the last game i had this problem with i literally deleted off my computer and never went back to again. If i am spening 3 to 5 hours updating my computer i cant do anything on said computer till its done rather than risk slowing its progress which is verry frustrating.

now getting new message - attempted view is invalid when trying to patch the launcher? so they must be trying to fix it.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    And here I thought april fools passed? :o
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    I patched and launched normally.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    i patched more times than i care to admit without luck. not going to waste anymore of my time on this and just wait for an actual fix >_>
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    At 60% patching now. Hopefully this does the trick.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gymzquirkgymzquirk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    FWIW, was able to login after complete game re-install. (Uninstall Arc and games. Reinstalled using freshly downloaded Arc install package.)
    I guess I'll wait I still can not Start
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Patching doesn't work at all here. It starts, but then peters out to a series of small bursts of network activity. Since the patch is clearly multi-gigabyte in size, it would take days to finish if I had the patience to let it sit long enough. No progress is possible on my end.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    unable to start game client.. sigh
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • antc43antc43 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I downloaded an 8gig patch and got exactly the same error I've been getting since yesterday :(
  • rickpadwick1801#8985 rickpadwick1801 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have been having this problem since I tried to login this morning (UK time) so approximately 6 hours ago.

I've patched so many times, I'm losing interest now. I've just started a force verify to see if that will work....

If not maybe I'll uninstall and try from scratch.
This discussion has been closed.